Wow. Just Wow. They actually did it. - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2019, 08:48 AM   #76 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumping View Post
Until the next democrat president....

What can be done with a pin, can be undone and then redone.

I like some of the things Trump is doing with EO's to undo Obama's EO's but I'd like to see about 90% of the EO power stripped away from that office. No one person deserves that kind of power.
All true. We're on the same page about EO's. Unfortunately too many people are all for EO's as long as it gets them what they like and then turn around and scream bloody murder if it's something they don't like. IMO EO's subvert COTUS.
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Salesmen and women. God sells to the ignorant.
SanDiegoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2019, 09:12 AM   #77 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 9795
Send a message via AIM to mobil1syn
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoCJ View Post
All true. We're on the same page about EO's. Unfortunately too many people are all for EO's as long as it gets them what they like and then turn around and scream bloody murder if it's something they don't like. IMO EO's subvert COTUS.
which is scary because all of the dems had one or two items they were going to fix immediately with an EO when elected.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:18 AM   #78 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobil1syn View Post
which is scary because all of the dems had one or two items they were going to fix immediately with an EO when elected.
Just like Trump did. During the campaign he said he'd use the EO to reverse stuff Obama did by an EO.
The only solution I see to this is for SCOTUS to rule that EO's are unconstitutional, except for maybe some very narrow exceptions.
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Old 07-12-2019, 09:25 AM   #79 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 256962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provience View Post
yup, that has always been a shit show. very few people jumped all up and down "yay, I can now keep my kids on my ins longer!"

no, you just delayed adulthood and created a more insular world view for them to grow through

set shit at 18, make age of responsibility mean something. Not happy with setting it at 18? then get rid of the min. age all together.
Give them everything at 17. No voting until 25. People need to spend a few years letting the reality of adulthood hit them before they are allowed to elect the people who will fuck us over with more laws.
arse_sidewards is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2019, 09:27 AM   #80 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Quote:
Originally Posted by arse_sidewards View Post
Give them everything at 17. No voting until 25. People need to spend a few years letting the reality of adulthood hit them before they are allowed to elect the people who will fuck us over with more laws.
18 is fine for voting. If you can enlist and be sent to fight, you should be able to vote.

Companies helping me get dirty:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2019, 09:48 AM   #81 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 138976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ View Post
18 is fine for voting. If you can enlist and be sent to fight, you should be able to vote.
I agree.

and you shouldn't be forced to rely on your parents for loan consideration, education opportunities, all human rights recognized by this country, accountability for your actions and such.

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2019, 10:15 AM   #82 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 256962
Quote:
17yos can enlist. Get rid of the draft and that solves all the "hurr durr, I don't wanna be forced to fight in a war that people I didn't vote for started".
Old 07-12-2019, 10:19 AM   #83 (permalink)
Hophead

Member # 4829
Send a message via AIM to Joe_W
I don't really care what age they pick (I believe 18 but whatever), just make it the age for everything. Military, alcohol, cigs (pot), voting, etc.

You turn this magical age and poof, you're a goon (adult)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddin
The vagina doubles as a neat little fanny pack.
Joe_W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2019, 10:23 AM   #84 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_W View Post
I don't really care what age they pick (I believe 18 but whatever), just make it the age for everything. Military, alcohol, cigs (pot), voting, etc.

You turn this magical age and poof, you're a goon (adult)
I agree with this.

& Blaine

Old 07-12-2019, 10:55 AM   #85 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
A topical meme
Attached Images

& Blaine

Old 07-12-2019, 11:12 AM   #86 (permalink)

Member # 253146
Quote:
Originally Posted by east_beast View Post
When I briefly lived in Maryland I had a Mexican guy who worked for me. He was a first generation American. His parents immigrated legally back in the mid-late 70s. You talking about some people who fucking HATED illegal immigrants... good grief. I mean, they'd get blood boiling mad about it.
I know a family here that own two restaurants. They are decent hard working people (I call them friends) they follow the rules, pay their taxes and go back to Mexico when they have to. The Grandmother of the group went for her citizenship a few years ago. She passed everything and when she took the oath, she raised her left hand instead of her right. THEY MADE HER DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN. Again she passed and got her citizenship. They follow the rules and I dont have a problem one with them. Honest, true people. Not illegal scum.
BLOODBANE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2019, 11:17 AM   #87 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
17yos can enlist. Get rid of the draft and that solves all the "hurr durr, I don't wanna be forced to fight in a war that people I didn't vote for started".
There really isn't any draft. Yes, you do have to register, but no one has been forced into service in 4 1/2 decades.

Quote:
Old 07-12-2019, 11:17 AM   #88 (permalink)

Member # 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOODBANE View Post
I know a family here that own two restaurants. They are decent hard working people (I call them friends) they follow the rules, pay their taxes and go back to Mexico when they have to. The Grandmother of the group went for her citizenship a few years ago. She passed everything and when she took the oath, she raised her left hand instead of her right. THEY MADE HER DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN. Again she passed and got her citizenship. They follow the rules and I dont have a problem one with them. Honest, true people. Not illegal scum.
Funny enough, the guy I was talking about his family also ran a Mexican restaurant.
east_beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2019, 11:36 AM   #89 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 256962
Quote:
There really isn't any draft. Yes, you do have to register, but no one has been forced into service in 4 1/2 decades.
I know. I was referring to the selective service. All the more reason to get rid of it.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:49 AM   #90 (permalink)

Member # 779177
All of this has been an issue for a very long time...
Some of you may remember;
“There shall be one law for the native and for the alien who resides among you.” (Exodus)
“…you shall have one statute for both the resident alien and the native.” (Numbers)
"Abraham is a stranger and an alien in the land of Canaan." (Genesis)
“You shall not wrong or oppress a resident alien; for you were aliens in the land of Egypt.” (Exodus)
"When the alien resides with you in your land, you shall not oppress the alien. The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.” (Leviticus)
“Cursed be anyone who deprives the alien…of justice.” (Deuteronomy)
"The messenger will bear witness against those who thrust aside the alien." (Malachi)
After all; “The Lord watches over the strangers…” (Psalms)
Etc.
...6000 years of the same story....
In the end we are all blessed.
Japan4wd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2019, 06:52 AM   #91 (permalink)

Member # 4251
Quote:
I know. I was referring to the selective service. All the more reason to get rid of it.
There is a reason to have it. Most notably in times of an extreme emergent threat to the country to mobilize all able bodies people in its defense. Whether they want too or not.

You do not want to try and start/restart a selective service system at the beginning of a World War. Then it is too late.

All other conflicts can be (and should be) tackled by a Volunteer based Military and National Guard/Reserve.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:06 AM   #92 (permalink)

Member # 4251
Quote:
I agree, but Congress likes them because they can't be blamed for them. I'd rather they nut up and actually do their job.

Interestingly, Trump has only issued 77 EOs so far to Obamas 276 total. He's going to have to get busy to beat the top score from guy with the Phone and a Pen!
Old 07-16-2019, 07:23 AM   #93 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5587
This is why they come here illegally.

And your Goverment wants to give them the right tro VOTE.
See a Problem there?
Attached Images

Yeehaaaaaaaa
src="
border="0" alt="" title="flipoff2" class="inlineimg" />

Last edited by SSSRodeo; 07-16-2019 at 07:25 AM.
SSSRodeo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2019, 03:42 PM   #94 (permalink)

Member # 87698
A friend of mine told me that last week he went to get checked for new glasses. During the time it took him to fill out the paper work four illegals filed past him for free exams etc, no paper work. He said during the entire time he was there, there was a total of 8 illegals getting exams or glasses ... on your dime. Thanks Gov. Newscum.

fasten your seat belt, it makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your rig
----

NRA LIFE MEMBER

----
beefdawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2019, 03:59 PM   #95 (permalink)
Stunningly Average

Member # 4135
^^ How does he know they were illegals? Was he just assuming since they were beaners or did he check their status?
The press is a gang of cruel faggots. Journalism is not a profession or a trade. It is a cheap catch-all for fuckoffs and misfits—a false doorway to the backside of life, a filthy piss-ridden little hole nailed off by the building inspector
wheelerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2019, 03:40 AM   #96 (permalink)
Surgical Shotgunner

Member # 111524
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelerfreak View Post
^^ How does he know they were illegals? Was he just assuming since they were beaners or did he check their status?
Wondered that too. Only thing I thought was maybe because they all got service before him with no paperwork or maybe from a fast track line specifically bfor illegals using the California welfare system?
Old 07-18-2019, 06:10 AM   #97 (permalink)

Member # 225201
Sucks. Just started a new job and they are paying half of medical. Guess I need a new birth certificate or a U Haul.
erictylers1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2019, 06:42 AM   #98 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas97 View Post
Wondered that too. Only thing I thought was maybe because they all got service before him with no paperwork or maybe from a fast track line specifically bfor illegals using the California welfare system?
Or maybe they'd been there before and it was follow up visits. I'll discount his "evidence" since it has absolutely zero proof.

Quote:
Old 07-18-2019, 08:28 AM   #99 (permalink)
Safety third!

Member # 168243
Quote:
Yet my mother pays for healthcare, my father and my stepmother. Hell technically I pay for healthcare. What do we know we just fund all this crap. My healthcare is crazy expensive I think it’s time to renounce my citizenship.
Tell them you rolled your chair all the way here from South America. They'll bend over backwards to give you free stuff and probably pay for your pictures and story so they can air it on the networks all day.

"Poor Paraplegic Guatemalan Boy Makes 2,000 Mile Trip in Agony to Find Safety in USA"-CNN

I'd suggest putting on some darker makeup or getting a tanning bed before you do though.

Quote:
By the way, Irregardless does pass spell check and it is a word. The meaning is exactly the same, you just want to play games

For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->
Dr.Danger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2019, 08:42 AM   #100 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Due to my Italian blood I do tan very dark.

& Blaine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in