Hate to ask for help but... - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2019, 11:29 AM   #51 (permalink)

Member # 3370
and you had no idea your "trusted" friend was already in shit for drunk driving.

Own your shit. Pay your own way out...

delete the go fund me bullshit, or change the title to "I am an idiot and fucked up, now give me money."

Last edited by Pook; 07-17-2019 at 11:30 AM.
Pook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2019, 11:34 AM   #52 (permalink)

Member # 96278
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumping View Post
Life teaches us many lessons. When things seem to be falling apart we sometimes look back and realize, they were actually falling into place.
Wow. That's deep, man. Deep. Real deep.

Like, deep.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:34 AM   #53 (permalink)

Member # 12454
Send a message via AIM to TatonkaII
Why arent more of your friends donating? It's been shared 150 times and only three people have donated.. one being your dad.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:39 AM   #54 (permalink)

Member # 85483
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj5.5 View Post
Wow. That's deep, man. Deep. Real deep.

Like, deep.

I'm a philosopher today....
Old 07-17-2019, 12:03 PM   #55 (permalink)

Member # 858714
So this guy got shit house drunk, gave his keys to his uninsured truck to his shithouse drunk, unlicensed and wanted for outstanding warrants friend. And then refused to identify the driver at the scene? sorry bout your luck bud but I'm not gonna fund your stupidity.
Murder Yota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2019, 12:07 PM   #56 (permalink)

Member # 152210
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck View Post
my clutch burned out, should I setup a gofundme? It should have tolerated me riding it and misaligning it, so it isn't my fault, help me.
FIFY
Old 07-17-2019, 01:06 PM   #57 (permalink)

Member # 184378
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOODBANE View Post
Leave him alone. He has already fessed up to making some stupid mistakes. knowing how much medical crap costs these days I can see being worried and throwing something like this out there. It costs almost a million a year for my dialysis. I get 2k a month from disability. I used to bring in 6k a month when I was working. that is a giant hit. I have thought about doing a gofundme, but havent. I stress every month about making the bills. I have great auto
insurance and its cheap, all my vehicles are paid for. All have is the normal bills (Elect, water, mortgage). Im on Medicaid and have a 2nd insurance for what Medicaid doesnt pay for. I did my 60 quarters of work so Im covered. Im not in the hospital recovering from a major accident though.I do have to come up with around 7k extra when I go in for my transplant ( I have to stay 6 weeks in the Denver area after the surgery)). Life gets in the way sometimes. My wife can stretch a nickle into a quarter and thats what has kept us going. Not everyone can do that though.

I do agree that he will get through this, but he's stressed now. If you have ever been at the point of almost losing everything because of medical, you understand where he is at. Donate if you want to or dont. He sounds like he is pretty remorseful about "That" night.

Not calling anyone out by this either, everyone has a right to what they feel. I think he feels pretty shitty right now, and I can chastise him later if need be. Get him out of the hospital first
Thank you. I fully admit I could have chosen a bunch of different options that night just picked the wrong one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3nuts View Post
Just recently I've been thinking about some dumb stuff I've done.

Oh how lucky I've been.

Get well soon OP
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2big bronco View Post
posted but not made by me
🤣 Okay I need to save that for future use

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokoloka View Post
If this happened June 3rd, how are the cops still waiting on the driver's bloodwork to come back?
Sheriff's office told me it will take up to 5 months for his blood work to come back. It has to be done in house and not from the hospital.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:14 PM   #58 (permalink)

Member # 184378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwenil View Post
Because dumbfuck here was most likely the driver and again, doesn't want to man up and admit he's a dumbfuck.
If I was the driver I would have said so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladman View Post
life's lessons can be hard. You sound like you are young. Learn the lesson life is teaching you. Head on a swivel.

Your dad still owned the truck, you ruined your dad's truck. He got whatever money you put down, if you are honorable, you'll work and pay off the rest.

Regardless of how the truck was wrecked it is your responsibility.

Money doesn't fix this. You could have killed people, you didn't. Life gave you a HUGE break.

Heal up, get back to work, make good decisions, make restitution. Own your mistakes, admit them, accept them and do your damndest not to repeat them.

Use this moment to ask for support and help and forgiveness not to ask for cash for a buy out....
You are right he did still open the truck however the truck was pretty much paid off I'm not trying to "get money to buy a new truck" as I won't be driving for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78bronco460 View Post
My worst stories start with I was drunk and.... Welcome to the hell of alcohol abuse. Im grateful nobody took pity on me when some of my stupid shit went sideways and I had to own the consequences. Id be dead for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_W View Post
easily, saw somethng recently where the wait was 90-120 days for lab results to come back
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlathim View Post
You fucked up and seem to understand that. I too know what it is like t be laid up with an injury and the fear of not being able to provide for my family. I don't blame you for starting the GFM, but I am not inclined to donate. Focus on your recovery. The bills ain't going anywhere for the time being. Do your best to get better and communicate with your creditors or whoever is sending the bills about your current financial and physical condition. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cslimfu View Post
This didn't happen to be in tigard Oregon, did it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
Pretty sure it was Brush Prairie, WA

(based on 2-minute Google e-stalking)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cslimfu View Post
Ah, just saw a single drunk wreck into ash creek and driver had 5 times legal limit and had just bought the truck. Legal here is 0.08 and 5 times would be 0.4 and that's an impressive level to reach while being awake and alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEATRKS84 View Post
Clarification, youre not out a truck. Your father is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeman View Post
From his father on the Go Fund Me page.....

"He was in an accident where he was a passenger and ended up with a broken neck and wrist. He has a long road to recovery with no income to help with Bill's and food. Myself and his mother will absolutly make sure he has what he needs because that is what parents do. But there are things that people deserve that we cannot always afford. Like going out on a date or buying what is needed to keep busy and active. He loves his RC car that he and his son play with. Anything helps, even just a note to tell him he is in your prayers. Thank you from the Lucas'"

Sorry bro, I am not donating so you can date and buy toys to play with. I do hope you recover and get back on your feet in short order.
Not looking for any empathy. I can't control what my dad posted or says it definitely sounds like I just want spending money and that's not the case.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:16 PM   #59 (permalink)

Member # 184378
Quote:
Originally Posted by TatonkaII View Post
Why arent more of your friends donating? It's been shared 150 times and only three people have donated.. one being your dad.
Truth for that is most of my friends have sent me checks now or PayPal to avoid fees.

Not directed towards you but I'm finding it strange how everyone just assumes one thing instead of asking.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:19 PM   #60 (permalink)

Member # 184378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder Yota View Post
So this guy got shit house drunk, gave his keys to his uninsured truck to his shithouse drunk, unlicensed and wanted for outstanding warrants friend. And then refused to identify the driver at the scene? sorry bout your luck bud but I'm not gonna fund your stupidity.
What reporters pay isn't always the correct story. I had a BA of .24 and the back of my head was filleted open. Some pretty interesting head trauma. If you want photo proof send me a number and I'll text it to you.
18 Staples in the back of my head and left ear sewed back on.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:32 PM   #61 (permalink)

Member # 79509
OP,

I hate the premise of GFM and refuse to donate.

Best of luck to you. It's a shame you had to learn a lesson the hard way.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:36 PM   #62 (permalink)

Member # 184378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep View Post
OP,

I hate the premise of GFM and refuse to donate.

Best of luck to you. It's a shame you had to learn a lesson the hard way.
It's no problem I honestly don't like them either but I'm at the point where I'm willing to try anything. Thank you.
I'm currently in limbo waiting to find out if I need another surgery on my neck. I already have to have another surgery on my wrist but I'll keep pushing forward and overcoming this situation.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:45 PM   #63 (permalink)

Member # 85483
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88runnasr5 View Post
It's no problem I honestly don't like them either but I'm at the point where I'm willing to try anything. Thank you.
I'm currently in limbo waiting to find out if I need another surgery on my neck. I already have to have another surgery on my wrist but I'll keep pushing forward and overcoming this situation.
You're alive and your son still has his father....someone's prayers were answered. No amount of money can compare to that.

Falling off the couch doesn't hurt near as much. A lesson I had to learn myself.

Hope you have a full and successful recovery.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:57 PM   #64 (permalink)

Member # 689026
So what's your thoughts on the news quote that you were unwilling to identify the driver?

Honestly this stuff blows my mind, one thing to ask for help...its another to go out and get help. I think* it's similar to being reactive and not proactive.
It's hard to take anyone's accountability serious, it's obvious to others, while asking for financial help from strangers. The details of your story don't help.

Do you think it is possible to make it though this without financial help from strangers, are you capable of this?

Fyi long time friend, his brother has a drinking problem. He's in Mexico celebrating wedding anniversary. Gets too drunk falls off a balcony roof. Seriously fucked up, like on your level injuries. His brother sets up a GF, I could not donate...

Friends brother makes it through the physical rehab, still not motion in is left arm...still has a drinking problem.

I think* If you face this with support from family and feel the financial burden and what it costs...how many hours you have to work it off when your able, youd be less incline to make stupid decisions. Most normal people can connect the dots to grow, but if you just live life getting bailed out you will just be conditioned to expect a mulligan

Honestly your lucky, and the fact that you can type this shit out is proof...maybe that's your bailout, dude.

I took care of a quadriplegic for a few years when I moved to Oregon in 2011. He's about 60 now, he's been a quad since he was 18. Guy had two kids by age 16, wife and a little beatnik life. He and two friends lost control of their IH pickup on Mt Hood during one winter, while drunk and trippin on LSD. He was tossed out of the truck, truck rolled on him...his buddies went for help. Took years before he could feed himself, losing his wife (To one of the guys in the accident), lost years of his kids growing up all while having to find his identity again. He now requires only 4 hrs of help a day, runs a landscape business, married 20 yrs, owns 2 properties and has a fruitful relationship with his kids and grand kids. He does this all from his wheelchair, when everything was stacked against him. You know what he thinks about Go fund me??

Last edited by Footy84; 07-17-2019 at 02:11 PM.
Footy84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2019, 02:09 PM   #65 (permalink)

Member # 184378
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumping View Post
You're alive and your son still has his father....someone's prayers were answered. No amount of money can compare to that.

Falling off the couch doesn't hurt near as much. A lesson I had to learn myself.

Hope you have a full and successful recovery.
Thank you definitely wouldn't be very fun to fall off a couch right now that's for damn sure 🤣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footy84 View Post
So what's your thoughts on the news quote that you were unwilling to identify the driver?

Honestly this stuff blows my mind, one thing to ask for help...its another to go out and get help. I think* it's similar to being reactive and not proactive.
It's hard to take anyone's accountability serious, it's obvious to others, while asking for financial help from strangers. The details of your story don't help.

Do you think it is possible to make it though this without financial help from strangers, are you capable of this?

Fyi long time friend, his brother has a drinking problem. He's in Mexico celebrating wedding anniversary. Gets too drunk falls off a balcony roof. Seriously fucked up, like on your level injuries. His brother sets up a GF, I could not donate...

Friends brother makes it through the physical rehab, still not motion in is left arm...still has a drinking problem.

I think* If you face this with support from family and feel the financial burden and what it costs...how many hours you have to work it off when your able, youd be less incline to make stupid decisions. Most normal people can connect the dots to grow, but if you just live life getting bailed out you will just be conditioned to expect a mulligan
The article saying I wouldn't cooperate is false. I was unconscious and yes drunk. They could have shown me a picture of a cow and I would probably say it was a horse.
I don't remember leaving the bar all the way until they where prepping me for surgery in the OR.

I do think I'll survive with no help. Will it be easy probably not but I definitely think I can. Even if I end up coming out of this with debt above my head I'll get back to work and slowly get it all paid off.

As for the drinking I only ever drank on special occasions or maybe every other weekend. If that's enough to be labeled an alcoholic then I guess I am one.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:48 PM   #66 (permalink)

Member # 152210
most of us have screwed up a time or two, some in a big way. You are absolutely right, you will survive this and in your responses, I think you get what you gotta do.

Hang in there. I'm rooting for your recovery and overcoming and kicking ass. Hang in there. Most of us have survived the dark moments we create or encounter.

Go build your life... you have folks rooting for you.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:06 PM   #67 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Quote:
What reporters pay isn't always the correct story. I had a BA of .24 and the back of my head was filleted open. Some pretty interesting head trauma. If you want photo proof send me a number and I'll text it to you.
18 Staples in the back of my head and left ear sewed back on.
Ooh 18 staples and an ear sewn on. You got off light. Count your blessings and move on.

Companies helping me get dirty:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2019, 09:19 PM   #68 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 9152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ View Post
Ooh 18 staples and an ear sewn on. You got off light. Count your blessings and move on.
/thread
78bronco460 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2019, 09:40 PM   #69 (permalink)

Member # 685122
I am sorry. I only donate to dogs, cats, Guinea pigs and the occasional ball gargle on this GCC site. None have ever sent a thank you note or returned the favor. I'm really burnt out with GFM bullshit.
TheCopperCowboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2019, 10:02 PM   #70 (permalink)

Member # 156657
Hope you can recover from all this. I would really like to see pics of the path of destruction! My 2 cents is I really can't see how someone could get out of that with even a slight injury? Glass cuts?, some bruising? Not a fan of gfm either, there are voids that need to be filled in this story. If you were that intoxicated alot could have happened, if a bear shits in the woods and if no one is there to smell it does it actually stink? As others have said be thankful your son still has a dad! Check the seat belts in the truck , not sure on the new ford's , but the belts can have charges on them that will tighten up on the female buckle part. Plus some belts have tear stitches that will rip out after they tighten. This could possibly tell you how many people were strapped in.
cryptic toy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2019, 11:31 PM   #71 (permalink)

Member # 184378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ View Post
You win. Been here long enough to know who you are and all that fun stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCopperCowboy2 View Post
I am sorry. I only donate to dogs, cats, Guinea pigs and the occasional ball gargle on this GCC site. None have ever sent a thank you note or returned the favor. I'm really burnt out with GFM bullshit.
I mean I could have made some way more elaborate lie instead of telling the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic toy View Post
Hope you can recover from all this. I would really like to see pics of the path of destruction! My 2 cents is I really can't see how someone could get out of that with even a slight injury? Glass cuts?, some bruising? Not a fan of gfm either, there are voids that need to be filled in this story. If you were that intoxicated alot could have happened, if a bear shits in the woods and if no one is there to smell it does it actually stink? As others have said be thankful your son still has a dad! Check the seat belts in the truck , not sure on the new ford's , but the belts can have charges on them that will tighten up on the female buckle part. Plus some belts have tear stitches that will rip out after they tighten. This could possibly tell you how many people were strapped in.
I have a few pics but no idea how to post them anymore after the Photobucket fiasco and all of that. But like I said above I'm being honest there was two of us I was the passenger. I'm definitely counting my blessings though thank you
Old 07-17-2019, 11:54 PM   #72 (permalink)

Member # 151818
Quote:
You win. Been here long enough to know who you are and all that fun stuff.

Jeeezuz man!!!!

Stfu!!!!

Go get your shit together!!!

Come back and post your successful recovery thread!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gregj50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2019, 12:04 AM   #73 (permalink)

Member # 225201
Just read "some people deserve things they can't afford."

No, no, they don't

Play stupid games... you know the rest.

Insurance would have cost $50 a month and you didn't bother, and now asking for $$$.

Nope.
erictylers1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2019, 04:09 AM   #74 (permalink)

Member # 85771
I feel for ya, I really do. Unfortunately I have been in more of those situations than I care to admit. Also didn’t learn the first time. You aren’t dead and you can move forward.

How you gonna act when this is just another story and that wound don’t hurt Is the real question.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:35 AM   #75 (permalink)

Member # 95448
Quote:
As for the drinking I only ever drank on special occasions or maybe every other weekend. If that's enough to be labeled an alcoholic then I guess I am one.
Don't try to make excuses for it, own up to what you have done. If you get blackout drunk, be it once a year or every other weekend you have an alcohol problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in