The Witcher - Netflix - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2019, 06:49 PM   #26 (permalink)

Member # 21938
worth watching at least.
Save tellico #112
[I]origionall posted by entropy I'm so jealous, my penis just left me with a note telling me I'm a loser and he is going to find a cooler guy to hang with...[/I]
Quote:
[I]Originally Posted by TrojanMan
It's on another non-4x4 related site too... jeepsunlimited.com[/I]
rokspydr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2019, 06:22 PM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 684666
Just about done with the 4th book. It makes Game of Thrones look like high school drama....
jedijesus2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2019, 07:26 PM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 684666
Main trailer dropped on Halloween. Forgot to post it here..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndl1W4ltcmg

Looks badass. Henry Cavill is doing his own stunts. The same guy that played the night king and was stunt coordinator on GoT is doing it, and he said Henry is the best he's worked with and fastest learner. Sounds promising. Also, I read all but the last book, I'm about 1/4 into it. Awesome story.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:33 PM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 667169
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijesus2 View Post
Main trailer dropped on Halloween. Forgot to post it here..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndl1W4ltcmg

Looks badass. Henry Cavill is doing his own stunts. The same guy that played the night king and was stunt coordinator on GoT is doing it, and he said Henry is the best he's worked with and fastest learner. Sounds promising. Also, I read all but the last book, I'm about 1/4 into it. Awesome story.
Never read the books, only played the video games. Looks like it has potential.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
LongviewYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2019, 12:49 PM   #30 (permalink)
Wear Your Seatbelts

Member # 196627
Just watched the first episode, I like it. I own witcher 2 and 3 on gog and 3 on xbone but really haven't put much if any time into them. I'm gonna have to rethink that after watching this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
scooter2374 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2019, 01:00 PM   #31 (permalink)
No

Member # 106663
Old 12-20-2019, 01:02 PM   #32 (permalink)
Boobs.

Member # 27035
I'm watching it now. Just finished episode 3 and so far I dig. Good fighting and lots if titties.
twales is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2019, 01:22 PM   #33 (permalink)

Member # 23744
Location: White Mtns., Arizona... it's on the map, just not on any map!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckntx View Post
I just dont understand how people get into lame ass fairy tale bullshit. Same as super heroes and mutant crap. Is everyones life so freaking lame that they secretly want to be a witch werewolf mutant hero? I get it if your 12 but for adults? No wonder the whole world is fucked.
Yah... some of us just want to live in that fairy tale world where cops are all righteous and stuff...
Old 12-20-2019, 01:24 PM   #34 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 25970
Girlfriend and I will be binge watching it tonight
Old 12-21-2019, 02:12 PM   #35 (permalink)

Member # 41063
Just finished it. I liked it overall, but the casting is way off from the games, which will turn some people off, and the unnecessary jumping back and forth through time will confuse a lot of people who are new to the world and it's lore. Basically it feels like it was made for fans, so people just jumping in might have a hard time understanding everything that is happening.
Old 12-21-2019, 08:47 PM   #36 (permalink)

Member # 684666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwenil View Post
Just finished it. I liked it overall, but the casting is way off from the games, which will turn some people off, and the unnecessary jumping back and forth through time will confuse a lot of people who are new to the world and it's lore. Basically it feels like it was made for fans, so people just jumping in might have a hard time understanding everything that is happening.
Yea the first three episodes were kind of hard to track, but as the main story progresses and its actually a linear story (even with flashbacks if they do it) it will be easier to follow along I hope. After ep 4 or so it flows a lot better. There are definite teething issues and the pilot was all over the place, but all in all I give it a solid 8/10.

The story is based on the books, not the games, so the character casting isn't going to look like them. They did fairly well other than adding black characters. Which isn't really a big deal I don't see why people are so upset about that. I think they all did great.
Old 12-22-2019, 07:03 PM   #37 (permalink)

Member # 774777
Quote:
Originally Posted by flecker View Post
Yah... some of us just want to live in that fairy tale world where cops are all righteous and stuff...
You go back all the way to a post from july just to suck on my nuts?
Stuckntx is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2019, 12:19 AM   #38 (permalink)

Member # 23744
Location: White Mtns., Arizona... it's on the map, just not on any map!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckntx View Post
You go back all the way to a post from july just to suck on my nuts?
Are cops into sucking nuts or something?
Old 12-23-2019, 03:20 AM   #39 (permalink)

Member # 10091
Send a message via Skype™ to ukjeeper
Apparently Cavill is a gamer, and has put a ton of hours into Witcher 3, even before he landed the role. So he was running around as Geralt a long time before he was Geralt.

Still think Kate Beckinsale would have been my choice for Yennefer.

Last edited by ukjeeper; 12-23-2019 at 03:25 AM.
ukjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2019, 07:10 AM   #40 (permalink)

Member # 188882
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukjeeper View Post

Still think Kate Beckinsale would have been my choice for Yennefer.
i hate the show now that ive read this
arickvan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2019, 08:32 AM   #41 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 52569
Send a message via MSN to Juztyn00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwenil View Post
Just finished it, It feels like a 8 hour long movie more than a series. It starts pulling the jumps 10-30 years back and forth together later on. If you like the medieval/fantasy genre, then it's a good watch.
Juztyn00 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2019, 08:37 AM   #42 (permalink)
Dirt Engineer

Member # 23542
gave up after ep.4. Too much time spent on the wicked chick witches and not enough time with the namesake of the show.
Clodhopper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2019, 08:45 AM   #43 (permalink)
Unregistered User

Member # 224886
I like it a lot more than I was expecting, but I think they're doing too much fan service and it's going to turn a lot of people off early on who aren't familiar with the series already.

I wasn't sure about Henry Cavill being cast in it, but they really nailed it down to the voice to the point it almost feels like they're using audio from the games.

Currently on episode 5 or 6, I watched a bunch of them last night. I hope it does well enough to at least complete a major story arc. It sucks getting into these Netflix shows and having them end in 1-3 seasons. Daredevil and Punisher were both fantastic and ended way too early.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2019, 08:47 AM   #44 (permalink)
Unregistered User

Member # 224886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodhopper View Post
gave up after ep.4. Too much time spent on the wicked chick witches and not enough time with the namesake of the show.
It's because they're integral to the overall plot and both Trist and Yennifer are heavily involved with Geralt later on as well as the mages in the world in general. The story is a lot bigger than just Geralt, he's a major player in the story more so than the story being centered on just him.

Last edited by Motorcharge; 12-23-2019 at 08:47 AM.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2019, 12:45 PM   #45 (permalink)

Member # 164501
Never played the game or read the books but I'm sort of enjoying it so far. Lots of gratuitous nudity and the proper amount of gore.
Old 12-23-2019, 01:48 PM   #46 (permalink)

Member # 24741
Send a message via AIM to Kraqa Send a message via MSN to Kraqa
i've logged a few hundred hours on Witcher 3 when i was on Chemo and radiation plus surgeries.

i am looking forward to this.

....does that make me a nerd?

Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | RCV Performance Shafts | Redwood Plastics & Rubber

Instagram & Twitter: @Kraqa
Kraqa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2019, 02:24 AM   #47 (permalink)

Member # 10091
Send a message via Skype™ to ukjeeper
Witcher 2 and 3 are on Steam, on sale, for peanuts. Pulled down 2, last night to give it another try. Played the shit out of 3, with and without Nexus Mods, for the last couple years. But 2's controls, on PC, used to drive me nuts. I'll give it another spin.

Apparently, since the TV show came out, there's more people playing 3 on Steam, than are playing RDR2!
Old 12-25-2019, 01:09 AM   #48 (permalink)

Member # 684666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodhopper View Post
Spoiler:

The show is called the witcher but he's not the main character in the actual saga, just one of them. Ciri is the true main character and the entire story revolves around her, and she gets trained as a witcher. Think Arya from game of thrones, but way more bad ass and skilled in every aspect, plus magic... The first season is leading up to the main saga, its not the actual main story. The last episode sets up the rest, and since season two is green lit already we can assume the story transitions into a linear telling of the rest of the story. The first two books do the same time jumps and are all over the place basically because they are just a collection of short stories, but they follow the characters without going as deep into the witches back stories. The show is diving deeper than the books into Yen, but they do talk about the history and the women play a major part in the rest of the story so its cool to see the history and a little more detail than the books delve in to.

Last edited by jedijesus2; 12-25-2019 at 01:12 AM.
Old 12-25-2019, 01:35 AM   #49 (permalink)
E. Spengler

Member # 206384
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig195 View Post
Never played the game or read the books but I'm sort of enjoying it so far. Lots of gratuitous nudity and the proper amount of gore.
Same.

Just finished e3. The time jumps are annoying- "Oh, wait a minute...so that was 30 years ago?" Not confusing, just annoying.

The "men are evil" is layed on a bit heavily.
Old 12-25-2019, 02:05 AM   #50 (permalink)
Dirt Engineer

Member # 23542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
It's because they're integral to the overall plot and both Trist and Yennifer are heavily involved with Geralt later on as well as the mages in the world in general. The story is a lot bigger than just Geralt, he's a major player in the story more so than the story being centered on just him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijesus2 View Post
Spoiler:

The show is called the witcher but he's not the main character in the actual saga, just one of them. Ciri is the true main character and the entire story revolves around her, and she gets trained as a witcher. Think Arya from game of thrones, but way more bad ass and skilled in every aspect, plus magic... The first season is leading up to the main saga, its not the actual main story. The last episode sets up the rest, and since season two is green lit already we can assume the story transitions into a linear telling of the rest of the story. The first two books do the same time jumps and are all over the place basically because they are just a collection of short stories, but they follow the characters without going as deep into the witches back stories. The show is diving deeper than the books into Yen, but they do talk about the history and the women play a major part in the rest of the story so its cool to see the history and a little more detail than the books delve in to.
Clearly they are catering to the fans of the books and games. For those of us not geeked out on it and looking for an entertaining storyline, well....

I get that the chicky witches are important to the storyline, but those scenes fricken drag on and on slathered with boredom. I have no investment in cross checking story with books or whatever. I don't need to drag through boring painful episodes hoping for a return of a better character for a few fleeting moments.
Clodhopper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in