Anyone a flight attendant or is their s/o one?? - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2019, 02:56 PM   #26 (permalink)

Member # 226216
That sounds like it may work. Good on you for a pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thefishguy77 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2019, 03:08 PM   #27 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 151139
Does anyone else remember the Southwest crew that got in trouble for fliyng naked?

The husband of one of the flight attendants (who willingly participated in the flight) didn't see the humor and got them all fired. Are YOU going to be the asshole husband?
Old 08-01-2019, 03:20 PM   #28 (permalink)
waterboy

Member # 9086
I have an ex that is/was a flight attendant.

that's all I have to add lol
surveyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2019, 04:02 PM   #29 (permalink)
Abby...someone

Member # 48547
Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyboy View Post

SB - you probably have ex's in pretty much every job there is
The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.
edglock21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2019, 04:25 PM   #30 (permalink)
Change is good.

Member # 20631
Quote:

Did you make a baby?

We didn't stop to say hi cause he's a fucking douchebag.
Roc Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2019, 05:23 PM   #31 (permalink)
Wet Trail Wheeler

Member # 175109
Quote:

Crash is a bad name for a flight attendant, so it must not be her!
Drakeslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2019, 07:14 PM   #32 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 52443
Tell to put chairs all over the place, turn off the lights, turn on three or four vacuum cleaners.

Then, stay in that room for 6 hours, pushing a cart around every couple of hours, bumping into noob idiots with their feet in the aisle and pretend they scream at you. Also, learn to lip read drink orders.
Remember, small children often throw up and old people love to shit themselves and the entire bathroom.
To prepare for the joy of traveling, also set your clock to go off an random hours. Every day a different time zone. Gotta love it.

Almost every flight is also carrying a dead body.

Doable if you get first class and good, custom fit filter ear plugs.
Old 08-01-2019, 07:47 PM   #33 (permalink)
Hophead

Member # 4829
Send a message via AIM to Joe_W
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Doc View Post
Did you make a baby?
has she popped that thing out yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddin
The vagina doubles as a neat little fanny pack.
Joe_W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2019, 07:54 PM   #34 (permalink)

Member # 7772
Quote:
Originally Posted by cslimfu View Post
Awesome replies and thank you. Scheduling isn't a issue as she's currently a self employed hairdresser and has been for almost 20 years. She said they pay her for training and she can choose how many days a week/month she wants to work. Health insurance, dental, vision,6% IRA and $30 per hour to start. No, I didn't buy her new tits because she's already pretty top heavy at 5'1" and DD. She's not a skinny little frail thing and is the type to buck 2 tons of hay by herself with no issue, but isn't some weightlifter or fitness type. Our relationship is perfect and I trust her 100% and she trusts me the same. She's always going and doing stuff and we're not the type that have to talk on the phone several times a day. She'll send a text or two a day and that's good enough for both of us. We're both very independent and have been that way from day one. We don't even have joint bank accounts, her name isn't on any of the rigs or the house. And I know in a divorce that doesn't matter, but it's the idea that she doesn't care about it.
Just as I thought. She has another husband and family and they are moving out of the area so she needs a 'job' that takes her away from home for extended period.

I wonder how her other husband is supporting her new Career?
EverNoob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2019, 09:26 PM   #35 (permalink)
Green bastard

Member # 123458
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverNoob View Post
Just as I thought. She has another husband and family and they are moving out of the area so she needs a 'job' that takes her away from home for extended period.

I wonder how her other husband is supporting her new Career?
Well, I guess I need to get some hookers and blow then.
Old 08-01-2019, 09:40 PM   #36 (permalink)

Member # 189068
Here's some links to the A.I.D.S. good luck

https://www.google.com/search?q=avia...hrome&ie=UTF-8
zachwrench is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2019, 06:13 AM   #37 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5587
Quote:
Originally Posted by ev13wt View Post
Tell to put chairs all over the place, turn off the lights, turn on three or four vacuum cleaners.

Then, stay in that room for 6 hours, pushing a cart around every couple of hours, bumping into noob idiots with their feet in the aisle and pretend they scream at you. Also, learn to lip read drink orders.
Remember, small children often throw up and old people love to shit themselves and the entire bathroom.
To prepare for the joy of traveling, also set your clock to go off an random hours. Every day a different time zone. Gotta love it.

Almost every flight is also carrying a dead body.

Doable if you get first class and good, custom fit filter ear plugs.
Yep that's about it.
My wife spent some time as a Southwest FA.
She was a school teacher when we married and was getting burned out. So since, in my single days, I ran around with Nurses, Airline Pilots and Flight Attendants I suggested she try FA. Not all male FA's are gay BTY. My buddies hooked me up with some hottie Female Flight Attendants over the years.

Anyway, back to the discussion.
I suggested she try that and made some calls to get her some good referrals. She got hired for training and it blew her mind.
FA Training was hard. I went to Dallas several nights and even on weekends to help her study. Even got to go to their hanger and let her practice her emergency door exits on a Sunday night. That was fun.

As for how it goes.
Just because she's got hired she will still have to get through the the training classes without getting cut. Out of the 1600 people they interviewed for every FA Training Class they only hire about 250 to send to training. Of that 250 only about 50 to 60 make the cut and actually get hired to work.

She will start out based on the other side of the Country for at least 6 months. Will get shit for pay. Barely enough to live on while sharing a 2 bedroom apartment with 6 to 8 other FA's.

She will have to dead head to her base to work the day before, on her own time, and cannot be late EVER for a flight. This is why the high attrition rate.

And then she will get to smile for hours while playing waitress to the worst people you can stuff into an aluminum tube at 30,000 feet.

She will come home for a few hours dragging and just wanting to sleep. You will have to fly standby and hope you can catch her on a layover for a night if you want to see her and spend any quality time with her. The first year or two are hell on her and a marriage. Some work, most don't.

My wife flew for 3 months, then decided school teaching wasn't so bad and went back to it until she retired 6 years ago. She hated the waitress part and married business men hitting on her all the time.

My Cousin was a FA for TWA for 20 years and did International flights. She loved it, but it cost her 2 good marriages. She retired from flying and married a guy with a photographic studio and they live happily ever after. She's a camera buff and loves to paint.
Recently they sold their business, retired and bought a house to live in over looking a lake in Missouri. She's still a good looking woman.

We don't fly anywhere anymore. We take our RV and don't fight the AIRPORT BS anymore.

Hope it works for you guys.
My wife has her wings in a shadow box on the wall.
She's just proud she tried it. And almost 20 years later we are still together.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeehaaaaaaaa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
border="0" alt="" title="flipoff2" class="inlineimg" />

Last edited by SSSRodeo; 08-02-2019 at 06:25 AM.
SSSRodeo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2019, 06:25 AM   #38 (permalink)

Member # 9592
Send a message via AIM to YJLopes
That $30/hr will translate to about $30K her first year.

If she has to commute via jumpseating, it will suck being on reserve.

PM me if you want to chat.
YJLopes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2019, 07:16 AM   #39 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:

We remember the story well.
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Salesmen and women. God sells to the ignorant.
SanDiegoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2019, 07:25 AM   #40 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSRodeo View Post

We don't fly anywhere anymore. We take our RV and don't fight the AIRPORT BS anymore.
Sharon and I don't fly anywhere unless we absolutely have to either. We take our RV or drive one of the cars, depending on where/what we're doing. Aug. 10th we're taking off to drive to Wisconsin to see my 90 y/o mom.
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Salesmen and women. God sells to the ignorant.
SanDiegoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2019, 09:57 AM   #41 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 3088
I know for sure that they don't appreciate being called "air waitresses".

Beyond that, it's a demanding job and one more suited to the first third of your life.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:37 AM   #42 (permalink)

Member # 164277
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSRodeo View Post
Yep that's about it.
My wife spent some time as a Southwest FA.
She was a school teacher when we married and was getting burned out. So since, in my single days, I ran around with Nurses, Airline Pilots and Flight Attendants I suggested she try FA. Not all male FA's are gay BTY. My buddies hooked me up with some hottie Female Flight Attendants over the years.

Anyway, back to the discussion.
I suggested she try that and made some calls to get her some good referrals. She got hired for training and it blew her mind.
FA Training was hard. I went to Dallas several nights and even on weekends to help her study. Even got to go to their hanger and let her practice her emergency door exits on a Sunday night. That was fun.

As for how it goes.
Just because she's got hired she will still have to get through the the training classes without getting cut. Out of the 1600 people they interviewed for every FA Training Class they only hire about 250 to send to training. Of that 250 only about 50 to 60 make the cut and actually get hired to work.

She will start out based on the other side of the Country for at least 6 months. Will get shit for pay. Barely enough to live on while sharing a 2 bedroom apartment with 6 to 8 other FA's.

She will have to dead head to her base to work the day before, on her own time, and cannot be late EVER for a flight. This is why the high attrition rate.

And then she will get to smile for hours while playing waitress to the worst people you can stuff into an aluminum tube at 30,000 feet.

She will come home for a few hours dragging and just wanting to sleep. You will have to fly standby and hope you can catch her on a layover for a night if you want to see her and spend any quality time with her. The first year or two are hell on her and a marriage. Some work, most don't.

My wife flew for 3 months, then decided school teaching wasn't so bad and went back to it until she retired 6 years ago. She hated the waitress part and married business men hitting on her all the time.

My Cousin was a FA for TWA for 20 years and did International flights. She loved it, but it cost her 2 good marriages. She retired from flying and married a guy with a photographic studio and they live happily ever after. She's a camera buff and loves to paint.
Recently they sold their business, retired and bought a house to live in over looking a lake in Missouri. She's still a good looking woman.

Hope it works for you guys.
My wife has her wings in a shadow box on the wall.
She's just proud she tried it. And almost 20 years later we are still together.
Holy hell that should throw a red flag to anyone, if someone says they’d rather be a teacher than XYZ it must be a pretty shit job. We were just on 4 flights this week and hope I don’t have to fly for a long time, even tho the FA were nice the waiting sucks.
4EyedTurd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2019, 12:46 PM   #43 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5587
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
Holy hell that should throw a red flag to anyone, if someone says they’d rather be a teacher than XYZ it must be a pretty shit job. We were just on 4 flights this week and hope I don’t have to fly for a long time, even tho the FA were nice the waiting sucks.
Ain't that the truth? She'd been teaching elementary school 8 years and just got fed up with the routine. Always wondering if the grass was greener somewhere else.

Found put it wasn't. She even tried a few regular jobs before getting offered another teaching position.

When she went back to teaching she got a gig with the Gifted and Talented kids. A whole different game after that. Her students all HAD to have been tested at a 130 IQ or higher. No more Unmotivated student who couldn't put 2 sentences together and no more nonenglish speaking kids either. They all spoke good English even if they were ESL. Her Chinese and Indian Kids were a joy for her to teach.

I met several over the years and they have been graduating high school and college over the last few years. They all have kept in touch with us.

Yeehaaaaaaaa
src="
Old 08-02-2019, 12:56 PM   #44 (permalink)
Green bastard

Member # 123458
The airline is a local smaller one and the two bases they said she'd be sent to are 55 minutes away and 4 hours away, both are drive times. They have routs and schedules they bid on, you say how many days a week you want and where you wanna go. She knows seniority has dibs on the good ones, but she's looking for part time at best anyways. She is looking for just a few days here and there or weekends. She's going to continue to do hair on her time off. She said she'd just see how it goes and if she or I hate it, she'll quit. She's gone a lot already and I'm not concerned about that, she just wants to travel a bit more and working for a airline will get us cheaper airfare and health insurance. Her interview took 7 hours and there was 97 people there and they accepted 5.

Last edited by cslimfu; 08-02-2019 at 12:57 PM.
cslimfu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2019, 02:24 PM   #45 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5587
Well sounds like you will tell her the same thing I told mine.

Hey, go for it. If it works out, then good. If it doesn't, you can always quit. Enjoy yourself.

I had a good job and was handling the bills so she wanted to test it. Fine with me.

Wish I could have quit my career many times and tried something new. But I'm enjoying the retirement checks now. So it was worth it to stay.

Yeehaaaaaaaa
src="

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in