Torq owes Doug some effin axles... - Page 10 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2019, 07:50 PM   #226 (permalink)

Member # 53528
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingfire View Post
Super fun right? I think the level of stress is what contributes to my rapid weight loss lately sometimes i have lots of money, sometimes i have less than nonelately it's been the latter... hoping 2020 brings the former
replace weight loss with gain and once again i live the exact same life
2019 was a year of permit paper work permit review permit permit fucking nightmare of barely any profit, im really banking on 2020 being a good year

i remember reading a while back a guy being stressed about going from getting paid every week to every two weeks hah try 6-9months
rockyota83 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2019, 05:54 AM   #227 (permalink)
finally fuckin in

Member # 232666
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyota83 View Post
replace weight loss with gain and once again i live the exact same life
2019 was a year of permit paper work permit review permit permit fucking nightmare of barely any profit, im really banking on 2020 being a good year

i remember reading a while back a guy being stressed about going from getting paid every week to every two weeks hah try 6-9months
Holy fucking fuck my exact year...2018 was awesome for me 2019 about the same as you. I always chuckle to myself when people complain about only getting paid bi weekly...i wish i could expect payment every 2 weeks. I had to threaten a bitch with a lawsuit because she didn't think i needed to be paid at all. Tried to get a discount because my design work took longer than she expected.. who the fuck do you think i am you stupid cunt, flo??? This ain't meijer, there's no coupons or discount codes
Old 11-10-2019, 06:09 AM   #228 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 101819
Quote:
Holy fucking fuck my exact year...2018 was awesome for me 2019 about the same as you. I always chuckle to myself when people complain about only getting paid bi weekly...i wish i could expect payment every 2 weeks. I had to threaten a bitch with a lawsuit because she didn't think i needed to be paid at all. Tried to get a discount because my design work took longer than she expected.. who the fuck do you think i am you stupid cunt, flo??? This ain't meijer, there's no coupons or discount codes
Lol the joys of being self employed. I got one account that is over a year out. They have been slowly paying it off just 30k to go. Other than that I have been really lucky that everyone pays pretty promptly. I guess when there is very few people do what you do they know if they donít pay me quick I donít come back. I am glad only 20% of my business is direct to private parties. Those are the most troublesome and most times arenít worth the headache.
Thepanzerfuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2019, 07:49 AM   #229 (permalink)
finally fuckin in

Member # 232666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepanzerfuhrer View Post
Lol the joys of being self employed. I got one account that is over a year out. They have been slowly paying it off just 30k to go. Other than that I have been really lucky that everyone pays pretty promptly. I guess when there is very few people do what you do they know if they donít pay me quick I donít come back. I am glad only 20% of my business is direct to private parties. Those are the most troublesome and most times arenít worth the headache.
It actually wasn't too bad until this year, this particular contractor.
I started in '11. I kept being told that if i could make it just starting out in the down turn, I'd make it just fine during the good times... that seems to not be the case lol. I've also been told repeatedly that this particular gc is a different kind of pain in the ass to work fori won't bid with their cm side for a long long time. It's not worth the headache.
The private party thing has really been difficult too. They seem to think they don't need to pay. Or that they deserve some sort of discount. Not sure how that computes. You hire me, sign a contract, then want to fuck me overi always have to remind them about the contract they signed
Old 11-10-2019, 08:32 AM   #230 (permalink)

Member # 775873
Are we still talking about Torq fucking Doug out of his hard earned money ? or are you ladies onto something else now ?
FJC11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2019, 08:40 AM   #231 (permalink)

Member # 226216
Or staring at the phone trying to will it to ring in the slow season. Then when business picks up again remembering you ďgratefulĒ that your working 18 hours a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thefishguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2019, 09:20 AM   #232 (permalink)
finally fuckin in

Member # 232666
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefishguy77 View Post
Or staring at the phone trying to will it to ring in the slow season. Then when business picks up again remembering you ďgratefulĒ that your working 18 hours a day.

I haz no slow season it's always busy, 18 hour days every day of the week for me sometimes i fuck up and bid terribly. Sometimes i fuck up and miss the market but this is different. Shitty contractor is shitty no matter what and wants everything done now, but doesn't want to send payments very promptlyeven though they're considering themselves a 300 million per year contractor.
Old 11-10-2019, 10:41 AM   #233 (permalink)

Member # 226216
Quote:
I haz no slow season it's always busy, 18 hour days every day of the week for me sometimes i fuck up and bid terribly. Sometimes i fuck up and miss the market but this is different. Shitty contractor is shitty no matter what and wants everything done now, but doesn't want to send payments very promptlyeven though they're considering themselves a 300 million per year contractor.

That would piss me the fuck off.
I am looking at getting some off season work that I can do in the down time. Looking at live edge tables and shit like that. Not gouging like everybody else. I have a ridiculous supply of figured maple that is slowly dying around my place and can mill and dry it. Also have places to display my shit around people with money. Been keeping track of hours and expenses with my current crop of slabs to see where I need to be if I try this.
That and since I dont sleep anymore looking at getting back into day trading again. Like I need more stress.
Its a long game and you need to play if you want to win.

thefishguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2019, 09:23 PM   #234 (permalink)
finally fuckin in

Member # 232666
Quote:
I am looking at getting some off season work that I can do in the down time. Looking at live edge tables and shit like that. Not gouging like everybody else. I have a ridiculous supply of figured maple that is slowly dying around my place and can mill and dry it. Also have places to display my shit around people with money. Been keeping track of hours and expenses with my current crop of slabs to see where I need to be if I try this.
That and since I dont sleep anymore looking at getting back into day trading again. Like I need more stress.

I don't mind no time off. It would be nice to have more time for projects, but if i work i have more money lol if i work on projects i have no moneyi always have to be in the office though. Im hoping one day i can work in the office pretty much full time with 2 or 3 crews going. Then i would have money and time for projects

Start a thread on your live edge projects. Those are awesome and it's pretty cool that every one of them is completely one off. I've also been impressed with the guys who do the epoxy/ maple table tops with live edge incorporated. I wanted to build my wife a custom table that way, but no time or skill for that shit

Last edited by sterlingfire; 11-10-2019 at 09:23 PM.
sterlingfire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2019, 10:12 PM   #235 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 125937
Quote:

Lets see some pics. I have been thinking about doing the same thing but not sure on how to go about it. I have a fairly large tool/machine inventory but not the experience in the live edge world
Old 11-10-2019, 11:38 PM   #236 (permalink)
Gravity Works!

Member # 25608
Quote:
All this is nothing new, I’ve heard this same story from subs when I sold equipment to them for 20 years. Some GC just work their subs like that. Then, once you finish your job and demand payment after a long battle, they’ll send you an offer for some of the amount due. Take it or pay a lawyer and try to sue the full amount from them. If you’re a small company they will use you into the ground.

I’ve heard a lot of story’s also with people not paying small contractors for the work they did. Like installing a retaining wall for example. If I was a contractor, I’d only do 1/3 down at start, 1/3 at half way done, then final 1/3 when finished.

Last edited by Landslide; 11-10-2019 at 11:39 PM.
Landslide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2019, 03:09 AM   #237 (permalink)
finally fuckin in

Member # 232666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landslide View Post
All this is nothing new, Iíve heard this same story from subs when I sold equipment to them for 20 years. Some GC just work their subs like that. Then, once you finish your job and demand payment after a long battle, theyíll send you an offer for some of the amount due. Take it or pay a lawyer and try to sue the full amount from them. If youíre a small company they will use you into the ground.

Iíve heard a lot of storyís also with people not paying small contractors for the work they did. Like installing a retaining wall for example. If I was a contractor, Iíd only do 1/3 down at start, 1/3 at half way done, then final 1/3 when finished.
Meh, we have signed contracts. It's not even a battle in court. They will lose. Around here that kind of reputation would get out very quickly and no owners would use them anymore. It's happened four sure where people don't get paid, but the gc ends up going dry because no one will bid with them if they did. A 300 million dollar a year company with tons of new assets doesn't want to risk all that to not pay the cheapest contractor on site(fire protection is very under paid imo, but mostly because 2 contractors local to this area will cut throats on a whim) I'm not worried about not getting paid with these guys, I'm worried about it taking too long.
The last time i didn't get paid by the gc, the owner paid me because they would get sued right along with the gc. It happened twice at the exact same time. Was really weird, but both times the owners came through and paid up because most of the time they are investors looking to build another building or addition, so a lien would stop any and all of their borrowing for the next one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in