20 yo Missouri kid wearing body armor and armed walked into a Walmart in Springfield - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2019, 08:00 AM   #26 (permalink)

Member # 94825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisin View Post
This guy gets it. Kid did not a thing wrong. I would sue the fucking pants off of the firefighter. If you pull a gun on me while I am doing nothing wrong you better hope you are a good shot.
Then dont be an attention whore faggot like this kid and guns wont get drawn on you. Pretty damn simple.

Last edited by RedPurdueYJ; 08-09-2019 at 11:21 AM.
RedPurdueYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 08:08 AM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 1889
Given recent events, attention whore pushing the envelope of stupid.
Still not illegal, or as I understand it, against company policy. The Walmarts I've seen in Texas do have the 30.06 "no open carry" signs, but I've never seen that at a Walmart outside of Texas.
The "terror of the public" laws have IMO been abused to make legal activities into thoughtcrime, and worse, thought-of-somebody-else-crime. That's like saying I can't have a green mohawk and a face full of fishing tackle because I might scare little kids.
Scott@Rockstomper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 08:17 AM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 7968
In light of recent events, good on this kid for being prepared! Yes , carrying a capable firearm and body armor is being prepared.

Couple of snow flakes posting above, and fake 2A supporters with their “but”.

Hope the store manager gets charged for inducing panic by pulling the fire alarm and gets charged for improperly setting off the fire alarm. Hope the off duty firefighters gets charged with kidnapping at gun point and brandishing a firearm. Hope they also sue the police for false arrest and racial profiling.

The ACLU should be sending up a legal team to win this civil rights easy case.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:24 AM   #29 (permalink)
Hophead

Member # 4829
Send a message via AIM to Joe_W
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Given recent events, attention whore pushing the envelope of stupid.
Still not illegal, or as I understand it, against company policy. The Walmarts I've seen in Texas do have the 30.06 "no open carry" signs, but I've never seen that at a Walmart outside of Texas.
The "terror of the public" laws have IMO been abused to make legal activities into thoughtcrime, and worse, thought-of-somebody-else-crime. That's like saying I can't have a green mohawk and a face full of fishing tackle because I might scare little kids.
to clarify, in Texas 30.06 is no concealed carry, 30.07 is no open carry.

I haven't noticed either sign at our local Wlmarts but it's been a while, I'll have to look next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddin
The vagina doubles as a neat little fanny pack.
Joe_W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 08:38 AM   #30 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 17637
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShaft696 View Post
Not me, but most people say if he was black/brown he would be dead.

I want to agree with you but I can't. If I saw the person in the picture above walk into wallmart I would be afraid.
Even with what I said above, If I saw the kid walk into Wal-mart., I'd probably head on over to Lowes. I ain't no hero. My pistol is meant to get me out of a bad situation, not to get me into one. I wouldn't call the cops ,either.

Old 08-09-2019, 08:41 AM   #31 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 17637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
In light of recent events, good on this kid for being prepared! Yes , carrying a capable firearm and body armor is being prepared.

Hope the store manager gets charged for inducing panic by pulling the fire alarm and gets charged for improperly setting off the fire alarm. Hope the off duty firefighters gets charged with kidnapping at gun point and brandishing a firearm. Hope they also sue the police for false arrest and racial profiling.

I agree with this. Lots of people should do this until it becomes normal and people don't give a gun any notice at all. Unfortunately, it's too late for that. It's not 1980 anymore.

Old 08-09-2019, 08:49 AM   #32 (permalink)

Member # 774777
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampDonkeyBait View Post
You can't charge someone legally for breaking a company policy. Policies are not law.

If you have a CCW, you can go to stores/hospitals/restaurants that have no-gun signs and legally walk right past them. Breaking policy, yes. The law, no.
That actually depends on what state you are in. In Texas it is a crime to carry a weapon inside of a building with the 30.06 30.07 no gun signs displayed.
Stuckntx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 08:52 AM   #33 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 487154
Quote:
You can't charge someone legally for breaking a company policy. Policies are not law.

If you have a CCW, you can go to stores/hospitals/restaurants that have no-gun signs and legally walk right past them. Breaking policy, yes. The law, no.
It varies by state. Some states (inc. Ohio), the sign carries legal weight so long as it has the proper words and is visible. Alaska doesn't care what the sign says, it's legally binding. Others don't care what it says or where it is, it's a simple suggestion.
________/__/__\____\_,__
|- /¯¯\_''______/¯¯\-[]===[]
_`(o)_)<>)_)__`(o)_)o==)_)

Quote:
Mathematics itself operates as Whiteness.
5TonDreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 08:56 AM   #34 (permalink)

Member # 40266
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckntx View Post
That actually depends on what state you are in. In Texas it is a crime to carry a weapon inside of a building with the 30.06 30.07 no gun signs displayed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5TonDreamin View Post
It varies by state. Some states (inc. Ohio), the sign carries legal weight so long as it has the proper words and is visible. Alaska doesn't care what the sign says, it's legally binding. Others don't care what it says or where it is, it's a simple suggestion.
Yep, in MS, there are specifics to the signage size, location and wording.

But, you are trespassing if you are on someone else's property and are doing something they ask you not to do or don't enter. Property Rights.

[/COLOR]
[CENTER][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="4"]"For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
paragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 08:57 AM   #35 (permalink)

Member # 118035
Quote:
Originally Posted by [486] View Post
the funny thing about these statements is that the 'but' is always where the first part gets turned into an obvious lie
lmao im sure if you saw that guy walking through the walmart you wouldnt even bat an eye, right?

just shut up, no one believes your tough guy retard nonsense.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:58 AM   #36 (permalink)

Member # 118035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post

>lives in CA

tell me more about how much of a 2A supporter you are
Old 08-09-2019, 08:59 AM   #37 (permalink)

Member # 774777
Quote:
This guy gets it. Kid did not a thing wrong. I would sue the fucking pants off of the firefighter. If you pull a gun on me while I am doing nothing wrong you better hope you are a good shot.
Again it depends on the state. The douchebag provided the evidence against himself. Depending on what he said on the video and if it shows what his intentions are, he could very well be charged with disorderly conduct, disturbing the peace or if he even mentioned the word terrorize he is looking at some pretty serious charges. Doesnt matter even if he didnt fire a shot.

If he would have not been videoing his actions it would be a whole different scenario. He did this to scare people thats why he picked a walmart. He wasnt just going about his daily business carrying a long gun. He had a purpose for what he did and Im pretty sure its going to backfire on him.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:05 AM   #38 (permalink)

Member # 774777
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon View Post
Yep, in MS, there are specifics to the signage size, location and wording.

But, you are trespassing if you are on someone else's property and are doing something they ask you not to do or don't enter. Property Rights.
Its not just a trespassing charge in TX. Its a tresspass with a gun charge. Its only a class c misdemeanor if you do it but a class A with upto a year imprisonment if you refuse to leave when asked

Last edited by Stuckntx; 08-09-2019 at 09:10 AM.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:09 AM   #39 (permalink)

Member # 28880
Quote:
So the kid finds a way to incite panic in a public place while not breaking the law with a gun and makes the news. Congratulations, he's just given lawmakers an excuse to make more laws by being a douchebag. There are going to be tons of people asking why what this kid did wasn't illegal.

Why are all you guys ok with this? That kid is screwing it up for the rest of us.

Last edited by Harry Johnson; 08-09-2019 at 09:10 AM.
Harry Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 09:12 AM   #40 (permalink)
Unregistered User

Member # 224886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzz0 View Post
Inducing Panic could be charged :shrug:

Inducing panic is when a person causes the evacuation of any public place, or otherwise cause serious public inconvenience or alarm, by doing any of the following:

Initiating or circulating a report or warning of an alleged or impending fire, explosion, crime, or other catastrophe, knowing that such report or warning is false;
Threatening to commit any offense of violence;
Committing any offense, with reckless disregard of the likelihood that its commission will cause serious public inconvenience or alarm.

I'm pro 2A but this moron is a complete douche rag
Agreed. And here in VA you can be charged with disorderly conduct iirc if you're open carrying and people freak out.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 09:12 AM   #41 (permalink)

Member # 377
With great freedom comes great responsibility. Just because something is legal doesn't mean it's something that is socially responsible or polite. Your freedom of speech gives you the right to walk up to everyone you meet and tell them to go fuck themselves but you don't do it because it's a dumbass thing to do and makes you a fucking asshole. What this kid did is the 2A version of that.

The other thing is that our rights aren't absolute. They can, have, and will be infringed. Doing stupid shit like this is the type of thing that gets the fence sitters who don't hold a strong opinion either way to side with the anti-gun crowd.
east_beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 09:15 AM   #42 (permalink)

Member # 774777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Johnson View Post
So the kid finds a way to incite panic in a public place while not breaking the law with a gun and makes the news. Congratulations, he's just given lawmakers an excuse to make more laws by being a douchebag. There are going to be tons of people asking why what this kid did wasn't illegal.

Why are all you guys ok with this? That kid is screwing it up for the rest of us.
Its not ok and Aisin doesnt know what hes talking about. I guarantee this kid gets charged. The local DA or if hes really unlucky the AUSA in the area isnt going to just let this slide. With the current events post 9/11 America isnt somewhere you want to be screaming "the sky is falling!". Its his video thats going to fuck him.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:19 AM   #43 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 78506
I am just confused as to why with all of the shit inside a walmart someone couldn't find something to subdue that douchebag with. I mean for fucks sake have you ever tried throwing a box full of treble hooks at someone. Or jasmine and buttermilk hair conditioner into a persons eyes. Lets not forget the aisle full of scissors and kitchen knives I mean that store is like its own private arsenal every 3 aisle of things you could hurt or kill someone with. You don't need a gun in there and even have a section for that.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:20 AM   #44 (permalink)

Member # 118035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckntx View Post
Its not ok and Aisin doesnt know what hes talking about. I guarantee this kid gets charged. The local DA or if hes really unlucky the AUSA in the area isnt going to just let this slide. With the current events post 9/11 America isnt somewhere you want to be screaming "the sky is falling!". Its his video thats going to fuck him.
Exactly, we have a strong 1A here, but if you go into a theatre and yell fire you will be charged at minimum with inciting violence. Im OK with that, even though i think our 1A is a sacred right of western civilization.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:22 AM   #45 (permalink)

Member # 81022
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepyj View Post
Even with what I said above, If I saw the kid walk into Wal-mart., I'd probably head on over to Lowes. I ain't no hero. My pistol is meant to get me out of a bad situation, not to get me into one. I wouldn't call the cops ,either.

I agree with that, and it is the best advice. I watched the video from a similar store that had an active shooter & a cowboy pulled out his CCW to save the day, and a lady pushing a shopping cart working with the active shooter shot him right in the back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQOHBSuY7TM
Old 08-09-2019, 09:49 AM   #46 (permalink)
Rednek

Member # 52387
Send a message via AIM to billybob_81067 Send a message via MSN to billybob_81067 Send a message via Yahoo to billybob_81067
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShaft696 View Post
Not me, but most people say if he was black/brown he would be dead.
If he was black or brown he wouldn't have had the forethought/subtlety to do any of this anyhow, and would have lost his cool and started acting like an ape as soon as he walked through the doors.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:53 AM   #47 (permalink)

Member # 40266
Quote:
Originally Posted by east_beast View Post
With great freedom comes great responsibility. Just because something is legal doesn't mean it's something that is socially responsible or polite. Your freedom of speech gives you the right to walk up to everyone you meet and tell them to go fuck themselves but you don't do it because it's a dumbass thing to do and makes you a fucking asshole. What this kid did is the 2A version of that.

The other thing is that our rights aren't absolute. They can, have, and will be infringed. Doing stupid shit like this is the type of thing that gets the fence sitters who don't hold a strong opinion either way to side with the anti-gun crowd.
There are zero rights without responsibility

[/COLOR]
[CENTER][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="4"]"For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
paragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 09:59 AM   #48 (permalink)

Member # 28880
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_81067 View Post
If he was black or brown he wouldn't have had the forethought/subtlety to do any of this anyhow, and would have lost his cool and started acting like an ape as soon as he walked through the doors.
You forgot to start that with "I'm not racist but...."
Harry Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 10:02 AM   #49 (permalink)

Member # 12454
Send a message via AIM to TatonkaII
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_81067 View Post
Holy shit......
Old 08-09-2019, 10:15 AM   #50 (permalink)

Member # 52710
Quote:
Many states have laws that with a proper sign, a store can legally disallow CCW. To violate it is a criminal offense.

https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/penal-c...ect-30-06.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jpmassey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in