20 yo Missouri kid wearing body armor and armed walked into a Walmart in Springfield - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2019, 04:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Gravity Works!

Member # 25608
20 yo Missouri kid wearing body armor and armed walked into a Walmart in Springfield

No shots fired from the kid. He videoed himself going through the store causing panic. The manager set off the fire alarm and people evacuated the store. Kid left out a emergency exit and an armed off duty fire fighter held him until cops arrived.

Armed off-duty firefighter halts armed suspect at Walmart store in Missouri, police say

https://www.foxnews.com/us/armed-man...art-police-say
Old 08-09-2019, 05:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 120626
From a legal standpoint, if he was not pointing his weapons at anyone or making threatening gestures, dude didn't do anything wrong. Open carry is legal. They said he grabbed a cart and was walking around the store.

Now the needle on the douche meter is pegged as he knew what he was doing would cause panic. If they find his motive was to just cause panic I'm sure they will charge him with some kind of low level misdemeanor.
mechanicalmongoose20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 05:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Gravity Works!

Member # 25608
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmongoose20 View Post
From a legal standpoint, if he was not pointing his weapons at anyone or making threatening gestures, dude didn't do anything wrong. Open carry is legal. They said he grabbed a cart and was walking around the store.

Now the needle on the douche meter is pegged as he knew what he was doing would cause panic. If they find his motive was to just cause panic I'm sure they will charge him with some kind of low level misdemeanor.
Probably charge him for possibly violating the stores no firearms in the store rule if that store has that. Not sure where that would go anyway but maybe a fine.

Iím sure someoneís going to be pissed that they canít really do much to him. Doesnít sound like he threatened anyone or yelled anything out, just videoed himself going around the store.

Still, why do something like that anyway? Iíd say heís probably not that far off the rocker from actually full on shooter mode if he went as far as he did.

Itíll be interesting to see what they end up doing with him.
Old 08-09-2019, 05:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 81022
that was less than wise......people are saying he technically wasnt breaking any laws but 100 rounds is like a post apocalyptic amount of ammo. I am guessing he was doing it to try to scare people on his youtube channel or something....

Or he was trying to protect everyone?
Old 08-09-2019, 05:48 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 62698
As stated before in the you can open carry in Missouri, not sure about the City of Springfield though. Walmart does not prohibit open carry. Technically the firefighter that held him at gunpoint could be charged.
1987 Samurai with RockyRoad JP Eaters Wrangler spring conversion, 3" body lift. 32x9.50 Swampers. Calmini 4.16 RockCrawler Gears. A/C onborard Air conversion with power steering. Homemade front bumper and too much more to list. Just ask.

Last edited by muddysamurai; 08-09-2019 at 05:54 AM.
muddysamurai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 05:56 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 81022
Old 08-09-2019, 05:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
E. Spengler

Member # 206384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landslide View Post

Still, why do something like that anyway? Iíd say heís probably not that far off the rocker from actually full on shooter mode if he went as far as he did.
Sounds to me like he just wanted attention...like a douchecanoe.
Old 08-09-2019, 05:57 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 22923
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmongoose20 View Post
From a legal standpoint, if he was not pointing his weapons at anyone or making threatening gestures, dude didn't do anything wrong. Open carry is legal.
Inducing Panic could be charged :shrug:

Inducing panic is when a person causes the evacuation of any public place, or otherwise cause serious public inconvenience or alarm, by doing any of the following:

Initiating or circulating a report or warning of an alleged or impending fire, explosion, crime, or other catastrophe, knowing that such report or warning is false;
Threatening to commit any offense of violence;
Committing any offense, with reckless disregard of the likelihood that its commission will cause serious public inconvenience or alarm.

I'm pro 2A but this moron is a complete douche rag
Old 08-09-2019, 06:07 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 81022
I am all pro 2A and open carry etc., and a gun on your hip, hey a gun on both hips, but rifle with all the "tacticool" accessories strapped all over your body to go shopping at wally world full knowing it is going to cause a panic is stupid.
Old 08-09-2019, 06:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
I'm not your buddeh

Member # 99624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzz0 View Post
Inducing Panic could be charged :shrug:

Inducing panic is when a person causes the evacuation of any public place, or otherwise cause serious public inconvenience or alarm, by doing any of the following:

Initiating or circulating a report or warning of an alleged or impending fire, explosion, crime, or other catastrophe, knowing that such report or warning is false;
Threatening to commit any offense of violence;
Committing any offense, with reckless disregard of the likelihood that its commission will cause serious public inconvenience or alarm.

I'm pro 2A but this moron is a complete douche rag

I know that in NC they have a clause that is referred to as "To The Terror Of The People" where, essentially, if you do this and cause panic, you can be charged.

I have to agree with everyone here though.... Although legal, it is poor taste and he knew exactly what he was doing. He wanted his 5 minutes of fame for "Not doing anything wrong and the cops are big poopy heads for assaulting me"

Honestly, he is lucky he didnt get taken down, given the latest events and how people are on edge.

ALLAHU ACKBAR! "pop"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
D_JEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 06:14 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 118035
im as pro2a as it gets, but that guy is retarded and needs a charge put on him.
Old 08-09-2019, 06:16 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 29037
When I saw this my first thought was what a dumb ass
Old 08-09-2019, 06:17 AM   #13 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 17637
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShaft696 View Post
I am all pro 2A and open carry etc., and a gun on your hip, hey a gun on both hips, but rifle with all the "tacticool" accessories strapped all over your body to go shopping at wally world full knowing it is going to cause a panic is stupid.
I think your perception is skewed.

The dude is doing something legal. The panicking people are stupid.

If the kid was black, the media would be all 'He din do nuffin. Why y'all arresting the black boy? You arresting him cuz he's a black man with a gun. '

Last edited by jeepyj; 08-09-2019 at 06:21 AM.
jeepyj is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 06:27 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 3937
Quote:
that was less than wise......people are saying he technically wasnt breaking any laws but 100 rounds is like a post apocalyptic amount of ammo. I am guessing he was doing it to try to scare people on his youtube channel or something....

Or he was trying to protect everyone?
While the stunt was stupid (no matter who, what, when). Carrying 100 rounds is not an apocalyptic amount of ammo. That's basically three standard 30 round mag's on his person and a 10 round in the firearm.

Quote:
^ I agree 100%. I have no issue with someone that wants to open carry a handgun where it is legal to do so (I prefer conceal carry as I'm not an attention whore). All these "operators" that think they need to strap on their body armor, Rambo survival knife, Glock 2000, an AR-15 with every add on gadget they can hang from the 27 rail fore grip and head out to get their no fat-chi-moca-late need a good swift kick in the nuts. The only thing they are doing is drawing attention to themselves in order to stroke their own ego. I feel they do as much harm for the image of legal firearms owners as the supposed gunmen in all these mass shootings.

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not..." - Thomas Jefferson.

Last edited by mrboyle; 08-09-2019 at 06:28 AM.
mrboyle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 06:30 AM   #15 (permalink)
Gravity Works!

Member # 25608
The fact that he was videoing what he was doing and possibly live streaming no doubt about it, he was doing it for the reactions. I mean really, what the fawk kind of reactions did he expect was going to happen?

As stated above, he is lucky (and maybe not) that he didnít get dropped. I wonder if heíll try to sue the fire fighter for pulling a fire arm on him?
Old 08-09-2019, 06:33 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 225201
The FF did the right thing, just not in the letter of the law.

Kid is an asshat and if he got dropped and I wouldn’t be surprised if he wanted to be.

He certainly needs to be investigated a little so we don’t see him back in the news in a week.
erictylers1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 06:54 AM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 70825
In light of recent events, If he would have been dropped by the police or someone else, I don't think I would have blamed them. Regardless of whether or not what he did was "legal"

Play stupid games and win stupid prizes.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:00 AM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 4387
Quote:
Originally Posted by void_of_light View Post
In light of recent events, If he would have been dropped by the police or someone else, I don't think I would have blamed them. Regardless of whether or not what he did was "legal"

Play stupid games and win stupid prizes.

^this, that’s a good way to get shot.
Norm is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 07:04 AM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 81022
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepyj View Post
I think your perception is skewed.

The dude is doing something legal. The panicking people are stupid.

If the kid was black, the media would be all 'He din do nuffin. Why y'all arresting the black boy? You arresting him cuz he's a black man with a gun. '

Not me, but most people say if he was black/brown he would be dead.

I want to agree with you but I can't. If I saw the person in the picture above walk into wallmart I would be afraid.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:21 AM   #20 (permalink)
/b/

Member # 196031
Quote:
Probably charge him for possibly violating the stores no firearms in the store rule if that store has that. Not sure where that would go anyway but maybe a fine.

Iím sure someoneís going to be pissed that they canít really do much to him. Doesnít sound like he threatened anyone or yelled anything out, just videoed himself going around the store.

Itíll be interesting to see what they end up doing with him.
You can't charge someone legally for breaking a company policy. Policies are not law.

If you have a CCW, you can go to stores/hospitals/restaurants that have no-gun signs and legally walk right past them. Breaking policy, yes. The law, no.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:22 AM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 81022
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboyle View Post
While the stunt was stupid (no matter who, what, when). Carrying 100 rounds is not an apocalyptic amount of ammo. That's basically three standard 30 round mag's on his person and a 10 round in the firearm.
I figured someone would say that, but I carry everywhere every day & have multiple different holster types. To me 100 rounds is two full bricks of ammo plus the gun, even with a custom belt etc, that would put my pants right on the ground. It is more ammo than most normal conceal carry folks go around with...

I get it if you are out hunting or camping for the weekend or something, but for going to the store it isnt very practical.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:30 AM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 192237
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEATRKS84 View Post
im as pro2a as it gets, but that guy is retarded and needs a charge put on him.
the funny thing about these statements is that the 'but' is always where the first part gets turned into an obvious lie
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 07:31 AM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 192237
Quote:
anyone ask him to leave?
if not, he ain't trespassing

he a good boy he dindu nuffin
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 07:39 AM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 213125
Quote:
Originally Posted by [486] View Post
the funny thing about these statements is that the 'but' is always where the first part gets turned into an obvious lie
This guy gets it. Kid did not a thing wrong. I would sue the fucking pants off of the firefighter. If you pull a gun on me while I am doing nothing wrong you better hope you are a good shot.

Last edited by Aisin; 08-09-2019 at 07:40 AM.
Aisin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 07:50 AM   #25 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 66684
Ehh, attention whore

Sometimes doing legal things have consequences. just like excersising your freedom of speach to the wrong motherfucker. The consequences for this are going to be permanently put on ever watch list there is.

Last edited by 2big bronco; 08-09-2019 at 08:09 AM.
2big bronco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in