San Diego: shit to do with the family - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2019, 07:51 AM   #26 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 9795
Send a message via AIM to mobil1syn
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 Green YJ View Post
Yes, because the hundreds of people in the never ending line wrapped around half the building must all be totally wrong.
Granted I like Philís, but hit up Coaster Saloon in Mission Beach to the new Delís Hideout in Del Cerro. Chef Tim makes some bitchin Q.
i make my own decisions, lines of people mean nothing to me. ive waited in line multiple times because my family loves that place, but i dont think its worth the hype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 Green YJ View Post
To the Op, there is SO much stuff to do here. Beach towns are fun for killing an afternoon. Midway is cool, and if you are there the Fish Market right next door is amazing. A bit pricey, but super good. You will also be close to the Gaslamp. And Seaport Village, though these days that is kind of a shell of its former self.
to do HERE? you live in east county dude, not SD.
Old 08-16-2019, 12:50 PM   #27 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobil1syn View Post
i make my own decisions, lines of people mean nothing to me. ive waited in line multiple times because my family loves that place, but i dont think its worth the hype.

He's a hell of a lot closer than you. Also, you have shitty taste in food.
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Salesmen and women. God sells to the ignorant.
SanDiegoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2019, 01:37 PM   #28 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 9795
Send a message via AIM to mobil1syn
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoCJ View Post
He's a hell of a lot closer than you. Also, you have shitty taste in food.
you dont see me claiming i live in LA or the OC, ... east of i15 and you cant claim SD.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:47 PM   #29 (permalink)
Meet me at the bar

Member # 346233
Quote:
Quote:
He's a hell of a lot closer than you. Also, you have shitty taste in food. <a href="https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/images/smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0" alt="" title="flipoff2" >:-)</a>
you dont see me claiming i live in LA or the OC, ... east of i15 and you cant claim SD.
You are fawking retarded. I live east of the 15 and work west of the 15 like many others. I AM A SAN DIEGAN. Anybody in the county is and many in Temecula are too.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:08 PM   #30 (permalink)

Member # 16505
Send a message via AIM to 92 Green YJ Send a message via Yahoo to 92 Green YJ
Quote:

Riverside sure as fuck isnít San Diego proper either. I am a whole 15 minutes from downtown. I work in Point Loma. Only moved to Spring Valley 6 years ago when we decided to buy a house and found this area both very nice, and affordable as opposed to Ocean Beach where I lived for 8 years previously. All of it is still San Diego county.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:37 PM   #31 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 85264
Send a message via AIM to LeadfootCJ7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepanzerfuhrer View Post
Sounds like legoland, the midway, and the zoo are locked down. Thanks for all the good tips will try and to fit as much as possible in.
Also consider the Wild Animal Park. We liked that as much as the zoo.
Old 08-17-2019, 07:07 AM   #32 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 45481
Spending four days there in mid September with the wife ..Iím hoping to see the sights.

BTT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Aerospace Tool&Die by trade..Don't call me a machinist!

TEAM CARWASH 2010 TTC CHAMPS
JeffHPK5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2019, 07:32 AM   #33 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffHPK5 View Post
Spending four days there in mid September with the wife ..Iím hoping to see the sights.

BTT
One thing you'll notice, no fawking mosquitos.
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Old 08-17-2019, 08:08 AM   #34 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 45481
Quote:
One thing you'll notice, no fawking mosquitos.
Thats awesome, he mosquitos are horrible in Ohio this year with the crazy wet spring

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-23-2019, 09:31 AM   #35 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 101819
We made it in to San Diego last night. We are rounding up the kids and are headed off to the midway! We will see how the kids are feeling a possibly hit up the beach afterwards.
Thepanzerfuhrer is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 11:58 AM   #36 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 101819
Nothing cooler than standing on one aircraft carrier looking at another.
Attached Images

Old 08-23-2019, 02:55 PM   #37 (permalink)

Member # 102813
How was the visit with Grandpa Gary?

[COLOR="Lime"]The good guys...[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Marlin Crawler, Hellfire Fabworks, Dave'z Offroad, gearinstalls.com (Zuk), Diamond Axle, RADesigns, Advanced Adapters, Jantz Engineering, G-Fab motorsports, Got Propane, JHF [/COLOR]
Mr Stubs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 03:10 PM   #38 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 101819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Stubs View Post
How was the visit with Grandpa Gary?
Lol I may have seen him on a few of the street corners talking to himself.

Just got done with the midway. Absolutely awesome museum. They prolly have 75% of that thing roped off and it still took us 4 hours to do a really quick run through. I could spend two full days there learning about everything on that ship.
Old 08-23-2019, 04:52 PM   #39 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Lol I may have seen him on a few of the street corners talking to himself.

Just got done with the midway. Absolutely awesome museum. They prolly have 75% of that thing roped off and it still took us 4 hours to do a really quick run through. I could spend two full days there learning about everything on that ship.
It'd take a lot longer than 2 days.

Quote:
Old 08-24-2019, 06:27 AM   #40 (permalink)
Pavement Challenged

Member # 73465
Quote:
It'd take a lot longer than 2 days.
I was stationed on the Midway when she was in Japan... after 2 years I knew most of the ship, but still never saw some of the deeper engineering spaces (shaft alley for example).

I need to get out to see her. Last time I was on board she was in mothballs in Bremerton (~2001), and I was there to see my ex re-enlist and give her and her command a tour.

Quote:
This country is trying to childproof the world when they should be worldproofing their children.
71PA_Highboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2019, 08:18 AM   #41 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71PA_Highboy View Post
I was stationed on the Midway when she was in Japan... after 2 years I knew most of the ship, but still never saw some of the deeper engineering spaces (shaft alley for example).

I need to get out to see her. Last time I was on board she was in mothballs in Bremerton (~2001), and I was there to see my ex re-enlist and give her and her command a tour.
Never stationed on the Midway, but I was on the USS Ranger for 3 years and the USS Kitty Hawk for 2 years. Massive ships that take lots of time to totally get to know.

Quote:
Old 08-24-2019, 08:38 AM   #42 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 101819
Ended up going to mission beach last night to see the sunset and let the kids play in the surf. Kids had a blast will be heading back to another beach after the zoo today so the kids can play some more. I donít know if we were in the wrong spot but the eye candy was extremely disappointing.

I couldnít get any takers to go with me on the coaster on mission beach. My daredevil child was too short which was sad cause he was all in on it. The coaster was actually pretty fun for being built in the 1920ís. Going on it after dark was pretty neat as there are zero lights on the coaster.
Old 09-14-2019, 01:05 PM   #43 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 45481
Quote:
Ended up going to mission beach last night to see the sunset and let the kids play in the surf. Kids had a blast will be heading back to another beach after the zoo today so the kids can play some more. I donít know if we were in the wrong spot but the eye candy was extremely disappointing.

I couldnít get any takers to go with me on the coaster on mission beach. My daredevil child was too short which was sad cause he was all in on it. The coaster was actually pretty fun for being built in the 1920ís. Going on it after dark was pretty neat as there are zero lights on the coaster.
The wife and I are heading out early Sun. morning and hitting LAX at 8:40 and driving down the coast. Weíre staying in Poway and have four days to kill , Monday is zoo day and the rest is free. Any must seeís?

Thought Iíd bump this for any last minute ideas.

Old 09-14-2019, 01:36 PM   #44 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
The wife and I are heading out early Sun. morning and hitting LAX at 8:40 and driving down the coast. Weíre staying in Poway and have four days to kill , Monday is zoo day and the rest is free. Any must seeís?

U.S.S. Midway, as others have said and done. We're having a "Santa Ana" right now, so it HOT. 98* right now and supposed to be high 80's to low 90's all next week. The Gaslamp District in downtown has lots of good bars and restaurants. One of the best things about San Diego is the wide variety of different ethnic foods available. Just about anything you can imagine. Old Town State Park is also worth a visit.

Quote:
Old 09-14-2019, 01:50 PM   #45 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 101819
Quote:

I really enjoyed the midway. It is awe inspiring ship. The zoo is really cool. Bring your walking shoes because it Is huge. We spent the day there and didnít see everything.

Other than that hit the beaches mission bay had more entertainment along the beach than Coranado(?Spelling)beach. I think if you hit them 1-2 in the afternoon on a sat the scenery would be pretty good. We went late afternoon after 5 and it was pretty disappointing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in