This is straight up bullshit. - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2019, 04:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 23744
Location: White Mtns., Arizona... it's on the map, just not on any map!
This is straight up bullshit.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/hea...cid=spartanntp

An Oregon court is ordering that a 13 year-old girl with cancer must have surgery and other medical treatment for the disease despite objections from the girl's mother.

© via KGW Kylee Dixon and her mother Christina Dixon.
Kylee Dixon suffers from a rare liver cancer.

A battle over her treatment began after her mother, Christina Dixon, halted a doctor-prescribed regimen to instead pursue alternative medicine such as CBD oil and vitamins, NBC affiliate KGW8 in Portland reported.
Dixon has said that after Kylee went through six months of chemotherapy, she could no longer watch her daughter suffer.

“The best way I can describe it is like my kid was on death row,” Dixon said, according to KGW8. “Every single time—you literally feel your kid’s life getting taken away.”
But the state stepped in, with the Clackamas County juvenile court's filing a dependency petition in March that said Dixon's decision amounts to neglect and "creates a risk of harm to the child.”
In June, a "pickup" order was filed for Kylee to be placed in state custody.
On June 10, a sheriff’s office in Oregon put out an missing-endangered poster for Kylee, saying the mother was ignoring Kylee’s need for medical treatment, KGW8 reported. Three days later, police found the two in Nevada and placed Kylee in child-protective custody.
Some Oregon residents side with the mother, holding rallies in Portland and Salem and calling the state's decision to remove Kylee "medical kidnapping."
Kylee herself recorded an emotional YouTube video asking for help in her pursuit of alternative medicine instead of chemotherapy, which is titled, "I'm On Death Row For Surviving Cancer."
Ultimately, in July, a judge ruled the state, not Dixon, would make medical decisions for Kylee.
“I’m going to let the surgeons do what they need to do,” Judge Heather Karabeika of the Clackamas County Circuit Court said at the time. And last week, Dixon turned herself into police. She faces charges of criminal mistreatment and custodial interference
The state this week moved forward with its plan to get Kylee back in cancer treatment, saying Kylee must attend a doctor’s appointment and that she is on the path to get surgery to remove a tumor.
The court also requested that Kylee be placed in the care of a family member, as contact between her and her mother has been largely cut off and she remains in foster care.
Dixon meanwhile is continuing to fight the state over its control of her daughter's care.

If the mother wishes to try an alternative therapy for her daughter that is entirely up to the FAMILY. Fuck Government interference.
Old 08-20-2019, 04:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 7772
The State of Oregon will be our Death Camp.

We can wall the entire thing off, with the current residents, and dump every criminal, revolutionary, illegal alien,, and communist inside.

It's not as beautiful as Washington or California. It has no resources. It has no mountains. Porland is ugly. The residents are ugly.

Exterminate the entire State and use it as a dumping ground, one giant concentration camp for the entire planet.

We can dump the entire population of China and Russia and Africa and Latin American in there, would accelerate the inevitable and save us the trouble.
EverNoob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2019, 04:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 23744
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverNoob View Post

We can wall the entire thing off, with the current residents, and dump every criminal, revolutionary, illegal alien,, and communist inside.

It's not as beautiful as Washington or California. It has no resources. It has no mountains. Porland is ugly. The residents are ugly.

Exterminate the entire State and use it as a dumping ground, one giant concentration camp for the entire planet.

We can dump the entire population of China and Russia and Africa and Latin American in there, would accelerate the inevitable and save us the trouble.
Sup Dumbfawk?
Old 08-20-2019, 04:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 101819
Not sure how I feel on this subject. I don’t think the .gov should be making you do anything. However I do think if the parents do nothing they should be charged with negligence.

There was a very local case of this shit. The parents refused to take their daughter to the doctor. They prayed for her to be healed. The daughter ended up dieing from a very treatable diabetes complication.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kara_Neumann_case

Over 18 do what ever the fuck you want under 18 is a very grey area. I’m looking forward to the upcoming conversation.

Last edited by Thepanzerfuhrer; 08-20-2019 at 04:20 PM.
Thepanzerfuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2019, 04:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 23744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepanzerfuhrer View Post
Not sure how I feel on this subject. I don’t think the .gov should be making you do anything. However I do think if the parents do nothing they should be charged with negligence.

There was a very local case of this shit. The parents refused to take their daughter to the doctor. They prayed for her to be healed. The daughter ended up dieing from a very treatable diabetes complication.

Over 18 do what ever the fuck you want under 18 is a very grey area. I’m looking forward to the upcoming conversation.
I feel entirely different about the matter... the Parent in this case isn't just siting and praying (though in my opinion that is as much needed as medicine). She wants to try an alternative to conventional therapy for HER child. It has helped others, and it may well help her child. It's between the person with the disease and their family how they opt to live or die, not the .gov.
Old 08-20-2019, 04:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 5371
Send a message via MSN to rockota
Teenager in MN went through this... a decade ago? Mom ran with kid.... kid was eventually, I think, claimed by the state and “forced” into cancer treatment...

Bout time you realize the government is smarter than you... and have more rights to your child than you do.
rockota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2019, 04:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 102813
Quote:

Your troll is weak.

[COLOR="Lime"]The good guys...[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Marlin Crawler, Hellfire Fabworks, Dave'z Offroad, gearinstalls.com (Zuk), Diamond Axle, RADesigns, Advanced Adapters, Jantz Engineering, G-Fab motorsports, Got Propane, JHF [/COLOR]
Mr Stubs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2019, 04:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 685122
Quote:

We
What's this WE bullshit? Do you have a mouse in your pocket? If I want your opinion or "insights", I will give it to you. As of now, keep your fucking mouth shut and your eyes and ears open asshole!

Last edited by TheCopperCowboy2; 08-20-2019 at 04:32 PM.
TheCopperCowboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2019, 04:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 102813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepanzerfuhrer View Post

It says that 6 months of chemo had already occurred.

Sounds to me like this isn’t a case of nutjob parent.

[COLOR="Red"]Marlin Crawler, Hellfire Fabworks, Dave'z Offroad, gearinstalls.com (Zuk), Diamond Axle, RADesigns, Advanced Adapters, Jantz Engineering, G-Fab motorsports, Got Propane, JHF [/COLOR]
Old 08-20-2019, 04:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 47456
Suppose the kid dies due to the state ordered treatment. Is the state liable since they’re forcing the treatment on the family against their wishes?
fisher_man_matt is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2019, 04:36 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 41063
Any "doctor" that prescribes "CBD oil" and vitamins to fight cancer should be impaled as a warning to others.
Old 08-20-2019, 04:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
gumboot cloggeroo

Member # 467233
How does everyone feel about Jehovah Witness people.

Do you think that they should be able to let their children die when all they would need is a blood transfusion from another person (which is against their religion) ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-------------------------
Last edited by Muckin_Slusher; Today at 04:47 PM.
Muckin_Slusher is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2019, 04:37 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 4387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Stubs View Post

This one is hard call to make. I think it's BS to let a kid die because the parents are morons, but at times it's hard call and the decision should be left to the family.
Norm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2019, 04:39 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 102813
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher_man_matt View Post
Suppose the kid dies due to the state ordered treatment. Is the state liable since they’re forcing the treatment on the family against their wishes?
My guess is no

Old 08-20-2019, 04:41 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 53528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwenil View Post
Any "doctor" that prescribes "CBD oil" and vitamins to fight cancer should be impaled as a warning to others.
your dumbass really should learn to read better
rockyota83 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2019, 04:42 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 41063
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyota83 View Post
Your dumbass should stop jumping to conclusions.

I stand by my statement.
Old 08-20-2019, 04:46 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 775873
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCopperCowboy2 View Post
What's this WE bullshit? Do you have a mouse in your pocket? If I want your opinion or "insights", I will give it to you. As of now, keep your fucking mouth shut and your eyes and ears open asshole!
My guess is he has a hole in his pocket , he is well versed in pocket pool , if you know what I'm saying.
FJC11 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2019, 04:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
E. Spengler

Member # 206384
Quote:
This.

How about an even more clear-cut example? Breatharian parents believe their kid is fine subsisting on sunlight and air, none of that gross food required. Is it still OK to let them kill the kid due to their idiocy?

Look up child cancer survival rates for the last 20 years. It's way up, due to science and chemicals. Fuck vitamins, yogurt, and kid-killing hippies.

(I'm the most nukes-in-your-driveway libertarian you'll find, but protecting the weak from harm is the most basic reason for government.)

Last edited by Subybaja; 08-20-2019 at 04:48 PM.
Subybaja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2019, 04:50 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 5371
Send a message via MSN to rockota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subybaja View Post
This.

How about an even more clear-cut example? Breatharian parents believe their kid is fine subsisting on sunlight and air, none of that gross food required. Is it still OK to let them kill the kid due to their idiocy?

Look up child cancer survival rates for the last 20 years. It's way up, due to science and chemicals. Fuck vitamins, yogurt, and kid-killing hippies.

(I'm the most nukes-in-your-driveway libertarian you'll find, but protecting the weak from harm is the most basic reason for government.)
There was a tennis player... 15-20 years ago... ?? Chan ?? diagnosed with cancer...

if I remember correctly, he went to APJ to be treated w/o chemo... and was cancer free.

you may not be wrong, but that doesn't make you, necessarily, right
rockota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2019, 04:58 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 548137
Quote:
Learn to fuckin read
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyota83 View Post
Yes!

Quote:

I stand by my statement.
READ THE FUCKING ARTICLE!

Tough situation. sounds like the kid is on board with it.

Last edited by denverd1; 08-20-2019 at 05:03 PM.
denverd1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2019, 05:02 PM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 53528
Quote:

I stand by my statement.
you should stop jumping to conclusions thinking anywhere in that news article said anything about a doctor prescribing cbd, exactly the opposite is stated in the article.

read it again retard
rockyota83 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2019, 05:06 PM   #22 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 164501
Where do you draw the line? Voodoo okay? Theres a fine line between alternative medicine and outright quackery.
Old 08-20-2019, 05:12 PM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 101209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Stubs View Post

this ^

Christian Scientist also do not agree with medicines and doctors but in this case the parent has already tried the chemo.

Some of the side effects for chemo are absolutely brutal

A Nation of sheep will beget a Government of wolves.[/COLOR]
Edward Murrow
DT75FLH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2019, 05:16 PM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 118035
flecker are you trolling? If the child needs surgery and the mother suggests CBD oil, im kindof in the camp of make her have surgery.

If my son breaks his leg and the doctor wants to perform surgery and im like "No i gots this doc, i got this dank CBD oil that will cure it" I would hope the courts would step in and dick slap the fuck out of me.
Old 08-20-2019, 05:20 PM   #25 (permalink)
Circus Ring ******

Member # 867108
I stopped reading at 'An Oregon court', 'nuff said.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in