New idea - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2019, 09:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 181868
New idea

I was reading the assault ban thread and came up with an idea. Might as well let you guys pick it apart.

What if we had a federal picture ID card. This card would be ID for voting, but it also could be for many other things. For example, it could be your driver's license. I know what you're thinking, "the states want their money". Well, you would take your test in your state and pay for your license there, but it would just be a computer key stroke and your card would have a driver's license. When a cop pulls you over, he swipes your card and sees your driving with a good license or a DUI.

This card would also contain pilot license, nursing license and any other professional license you get from the government.

It would have an electronic picture of your fingerprint or retna scan, so if someone steels and uses it, they could be caught. I don't know if you guys know what a TWIC card is. I have one that allows me to go in secure areas of airports. It has a fingerprint attached to it. (Electronic)

Here's the kicker.

It would indicate if you were not permitted to buy a gun. The idea being, I don't like getting a background check to buy a gun because it identifies you as a gun owner. But if this card just indicates you are permitted, no one knows if you actually have one or not.

This card would save money for the government and you only carry one card. If you lost yours, you could just go to a government ATM, get a retna scan and it would cancel your old one and print out a new one on the spot. (For a fee)

Bad idea?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
waterhorse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2019, 09:17 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 20728
Would never pass anything because a VoterID card is apparently racist.
Romogo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2019, 09:21 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 188882
might as well make it a small implant : pbbimplodes :

sounds like identity theft could be made easier if its all on a card like that
arickvan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2019, 09:24 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 5371
Send a message via MSN to rockota
anything that centralizes power and information to a centralized government will always go sideways with significant unintended (or intended, depending on perspective) consequences.
rockota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2019, 09:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 151139
not a new idea.

You have a social security card.

it would be bigger government.

Right now the feds have no record of gun purchases or database of gun purchases, your plan they would, along with a federal database of your medical history, driving record, etc.

Feds should have no business with a states driver's license.

You want to lose gun rights, put all this shit together. I can find some reason in your history to take your gun.

You ever been into a MJ dispensary? Look, here it is on your ID card, there goes your gun.

You ever felt melancholy and talked to your doctor or a counselor? Here it is on your ID card, lets take your guns.

Has anyone in your home been melancholy? here it is the database that puts y'all together, yall both lose your guns.

You ever been caught reckless driving? Seems like you are unstable. Here it is on your ID card, lets take your gun.

You ever hurt yourself and got the good pain meds? can't have a gun and the good pills together. It's all on your ID card.

right now there is security in government inefficiency.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 181868
Quote:
Originally Posted by arickvan View Post
might as well make it a small implant : pbbimplodes :

sounds like identity theft could be made easier if its all on a card like that
I'm thinking it could have a electronic copy of everything that is not alterable, it would also compare to the gov file when swiped. A good hacker could defeat it, but they can do almost anything now, so not really a change.

Some other cool things could be put in to this system like. A cop could swipe and get your driving record, but he couldn't get the address of some girl with a nice ass. (Unless he made an official request with reason)

An FAA inspector could check all my pilot ratings, but not see my law license or real estate license. That way everyone would not see your whole life when they swipe your card.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Ford Bigot

Member # 31227
It's already been tried before - except they did it with arm bands.

FordFascist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2019, 09:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 181868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy356 View Post
not a new idea.

You have a social security card.

it would be bigger government.

Right now the feds have no record of gun purchases or database of gun purchases, your plan they would, along with a federal database of your medical history, driving record, etc.

Feds should have no business with a states driver's license.

You want to lose gun rights, put all this shit together. I can find some reason in your history to take your gun.

You ever been into a MJ dispensary? Look, here it is on your ID card, there goes your gun.

You ever felt melancholy and talked to your doctor or a counselor? Here it is on your ID card, lets take your guns.

Has anyone in your home been melancholy? here it is the database that puts y'all together, yall both lose your guns.

You ever been caught reckless driving? Seems like you are unstable. Here it is on your ID card, lets take your gun.

You ever hurt yourself and got the good pain meds? can't have a gun and the good pills together. It's all on your ID card.

right now there is security in government inefficiency.
You make good points, but if they make a background check that covers all those things, your screwed anyways. Except, they don't know if you even have considered buying a gun. Where as if you request a check, they know you are buying one.

Old 08-22-2019, 09:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 138976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romogo View Post
Would never pass anything because a VoterID card is apparently racist.
yup, voter ID is racist and so is ID to buy a gun. i have no reason to pay for or carry a federal ID on me every time i leave my own property

prohibited person is on the person and the parole officer, not the store

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2019, 09:56 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 188882
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhorse View Post
I'm thinking it could have a electronic copy of everything that is not alterable, it would also compare to the gov file when swiped. A good hacker could defeat it, but they can do almost anything now, so not really a change.

Some other cool things could be put in to this system like. A cop could swipe and get your driving record, but he couldn't get the address of some girl with a nice ass. (Unless he made an official request with reason)

An FAA inspector could check all my pilot ratings, but not see my law license or real estate license. That way everyone would not see your whole life when they swipe your card.

true hackers will always hack

sounds too convenient! but i still write checks and carry cash :shrug:

i like the if you lose your ID then hit the ATM part, but theres no way thatll ever happen

we should fix the DMV first
arickvan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2019, 10:01 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 4251
Quote:
Originally Posted by arickvan View Post
might as well make it a small implant

t
Just make it a required bloatware smart phone app!
Old 08-22-2019, 10:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 9152
Trading freedom for security? No thanks.
78bronco460 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2019, 10:11 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 96278
Stick to subsidized housing.
Old 08-22-2019, 10:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 49595
Can we just tattoo the ID numbers on our arms?

Oh wait......

Thank you to the companies that have helped me out

Last edited by RSWORDS; 08-22-2019 at 10:17 AM.
RSWORDS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2019, 10:49 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 90667
For those that cry that voting ID's are racist???

You liberals need to pull your damn heads out of your little homeless drug infested sanc citied sands ever once in a while and see what everybody else is doing come 2020. I'm sure there will very well be more soon.

Georgia

https://dds.georgia.gov/voter-id

North Carolina

https://www.ncsbe.gov/Voter-ID

Indiana

https://www.in.gov/sos/elections/2401.htm

Tennessee (also a homeland security state for you non-trumpers coming in)

https://www.tn.gov/safety/driver-services/photoids.html

https://ovr.govote.tn.gov/

Virginia

https://www.elections.virginia.gov/r...ote/index.html

Wisconsin

https://elections.wi.gov/elections-voting/photo-id

Kansas

https://www.kssos.org/elections/photovoterid.html

Mississippi

Mississippi Voter ID Home

Last edited by Gittinwidit; 08-22-2019 at 10:50 AM.
Gittinwidit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2019, 10:54 AM   #16 (permalink)
Hophead

Member # 4829
Send a message via AIM to Joe_W
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gittinwidit View Post

You liberals need to pull your damn heads out of your little homeless drug infested sanc citied sands ever once in a while and see what everybody else is doing come 2020. I'm sure there will very well be more soon.
I'm going to help you out and send you this book

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddin
The vagina doubles as a neat little fanny pack.
Joe_W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2019, 11:01 AM   #17 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 151139
Quote:
. Where as if you request a check, they know you are buying one.
Either you give them to much credit or I donít give them enough. And they donít know what you are buying.
Old 08-22-2019, 11:07 AM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 28880
Quote:

Georgia

https://dds.georgia.gov/voter-id

North Carolina

https://www.ncsbe.gov/Voter-ID

Indiana

https://www.in.gov/sos/elections/2401.htm

Tennessee (also a homeland security state for you non-trumpers coming in)

https://www.tn.gov/safety/driver-services/photoids.html

https://ovr.govote.tn.gov/

Virginia

https://www.elections.virginia.gov/r...ote/index.html

Wisconsin

https://elections.wi.gov/elections-voting/photo-id

Kansas

https://www.kssos.org/elections/photovoterid.html

Mississippi

Mississippi Voter ID Home

Voter IDs aren't racist. Making it difficult for actual US citizens to get them is.
Here's a good article on the topic that uses actual data: https://www.wired.com/story/voter-id-law-algorithm/

Basically, you shouldn't pass voter ID laws until you can figure out how to get every single US citizen who is eligible to vote a voter ID.

Last edited by Harry Johnson; 08-22-2019 at 11:07 AM.
Harry Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2019, 11:17 AM   #19 (permalink)
BDK

Member # 295498
That would require every government agency who comes into contact with you to run you through the system. That doesn't appeal to me for many reasons, the most is that the police need to detain you longer to find out if your stuff is valid.

When you purchase a firearm, there will always be a record of sale, same as when you purchase a set of drill bits from Home Depot. There is no way the government will not track your firearm purchases.

Also, all these laws are not about anything but money, power and control. Do you really think the government is going to give up any part of those?
Old 08-22-2019, 11:55 AM   #20 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 181868
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78bronco460 View Post
Trading freedom for security? No thanks.
I'm saying background checks are coming. I don't like it. This would be more tolerable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy356 View Post
Either you give them to much credit or I donít give them enough. And they donít know what you are buying.
If you request a firearm background check, you don't think they can figure out what you're buying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDK View Post
That would require every government agency who comes into contact with you to run you through the system. That doesn't appeal to me for many reasons, the most is that the police need to detain you longer to find out if your stuff is valid.

When you purchase a firearm, there will always be a record of sale, same as when you purchase a set of drill bits from Home Depot. There is no way the government will not track your firearm purchases.

Also, all these laws are not about anything but money, power and control. Do you really think the government is going to give up any part of those?
Why would police detain you longer?
If I buy a gun with cash, how will there be a record?

Old 08-22-2019, 11:55 AM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 90667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Johnson View Post
Voter IDs aren't racist. Making it difficult for actual US citizens to get them is.
Here's a good article on the topic that uses actual data: https://www.wired.com/story/voter-id-law-algorithm/

Basically, you shouldn't pass voter ID laws until you can figure out how to get every single US citizen who is eligible to vote a voter ID.
That article is just a bit too far fetched for me to acknowledge due to the fact that voter id's are absolutely free and can be obtained at any registration office. And the requirements are pure and simple and every American has the means. Even free transportation is given ion some states? So come on? Really??

The only exception is this liberal "neutral gender" bullshit they are trying to establish. And being the only reason they are pushing this agenda. Has nothing to do with individual rights or where you are allowed to take a shit.

After reading that, the world not only is going... But I believe has slowly gone all to hell...
Gittinwidit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2019, 12:01 PM   #22 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 151139
Quote:

If you request a firearm background check, you don't think they can figure out what you're buying?

I think the background check on a .22 Cricket looks the same as an AK-74
Old 08-22-2019, 01:10 PM   #23 (permalink)
E. Spengler

Member # 206384
Quote:
I'm saying background checks are coming. I don't like it. This would be more tolerable.
Get on your knees voluntarily, so they don't bend you over. Great idea.
Old 08-22-2019, 01:17 PM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 28880
Quote:
That article is just a bit too far fetched for me to acknowledge due to the fact that voter id's are absolutely free and can be obtained at any registration office. And the requirements are pure and simple and every American has the means. Even free transportation is given ion some states? So come on? Really??
Ah... did you even read the article? It didn't say anything about cost, where they can be obtained or if transportation is required. That wasn't really their point at all.
Harry Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2019, 01:46 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 774777
Quote:

Tennessee (also a homeland security state for you non-trumpers coming in
Ok I gotta ask what is a homeland security state?
Stuckntx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in