Iceland Held A Funeral For Its First Glacier Lost To Climate Change - Page 5 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2019, 12:44 PM   #101 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Member # 28880
Location: Spreckels, Ca
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwenil View Post
I don't know why you fools automatically equate statements like mine with anger. I am not angry. I could give a fuck less about you. But that also means I could gut you and collect your blood in a bowl with a smile on my face. If I were angry at you my comments would be much more elaborate and contain a lot of cursing. I was simply making a suggestion to you on how you could best help your environment. I know my environment would be much better with you draining out in a tree.
The main goal of propaganda is to dehumanize the other side. I'm going to assume you're an actual thinking/feeling human behind that keyboard, rather than a sociopath. In which case you had to convince yourself that I'm somehow less than human so you can justify being ok with gutting me and collecting my blood, just because you disagree with my views on climate change. Think on that one for a bit.

Either that or you really are a 13 year old just trying to be edgy on the internet.
Harry Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 12:44 PM   #102 (permalink)
Registered User
 
paragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member # 40266
Location: Jackson, MS USA
Posts: 24,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethmachinefab View Post
Population control would do the most good for our environment. Why isn't this part of the green movement?
urban populations are net contributing to the change in climate at a rate 13,000 times higher than those in rural areas
__________________
[COLOR="Black"].

...
[/COLOR]
[CENTER][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="4"]"For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
paragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 12:44 PM   #103 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member # 29527
Location: WA
Posts: 38,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Johnson View Post
He has a point. The burden of proof lies with the person making fantastical claims, not the other way around.

Those stating that humans are somehow impacting the temperature of the whole world better have some data to back those claims up. It's not the job of others to prove their claims are wrong, or we'd be busy shooting down the theories of every nutjob with a microphone.

ie: we don't have to prove to flat-earthers the earth is round just because they said it isn't.
This is absolutely false. It's a two way street.

We don't have to prove to flat-Earthers that the Earth is round because we've already done it, and also because Flat Earth Society is completely tongue in cheek. I'd bet the total number of people who truly believe the Earth is flat could fit in my house.

At this point, the idea that humans aren't contributing substantially to climate change is the fantastic claim.
__________________
The original Fuckwad Penis.
CrustyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 12:46 PM   #104 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Member # 28880
Location: Spreckels, Ca
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon View Post
Yes, I have a point. One that you clearly side-stepped with another ill-fated attempt at condescension.
wait, what??

Point this out to me, because at this point either you're paranoid or I'm too dense to realize what I'm doing.
Harry Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 12:46 PM   #105 (permalink)
Registered User
 
paragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member # 40266
Location: Jackson, MS USA
Posts: 24,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyJeep View Post

At this point, the idea that humans aren't contributing substantially to climate change is the fantastic claim.
one can same the same thing about rocks... or trees.... or zebras.... or dinosaurs follow that one through
__________________
[COLOR="Black"].

...
[/COLOR]
[CENTER][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="4"]"For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
paragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 12:46 PM   #106 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member # 29527
Location: WA
Posts: 38,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbuggy84 View Post
Iím open minded
You don't even know what that term means.
__________________
The original Fuckwad Penis.
CrustyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 12:47 PM   #107 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member # 29527
Location: WA
Posts: 38,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon View Post
urban populations are net contributing to the change in climate at a rate 13,000 times higher than those in rural areas
Wait, what? Humans are doing what now?
__________________
The original Fuckwad Penis.
CrustyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 12:47 PM   #108 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Member # 28880
Location: Spreckels, Ca
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon View Post
urban populations are net contributing to the change in climate at a rate 13,000 times higher than those in rural areas
How can you say this and at the same time say humans contributing to climate change is false?
Harry Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 12:48 PM   #109 (permalink)
Registered User
 
paragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member # 40266
Location: Jackson, MS USA
Posts: 24,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Johnson View Post
wait, what??

Point this out to me, because at this point either you're paranoid or I'm too dense to realize what I'm doing.
https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gene...l#post44573878


perhaps you need to get a 13yo to teach you reading comprehension
__________________
[COLOR="Black"].

...
[/COLOR]
[CENTER][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="4"]"For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
paragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 12:49 PM   #110 (permalink)
Registered User
 
paragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member # 40266
Location: Jackson, MS USA
Posts: 24,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Johnson View Post
How can you say this and at the same time say humans contributing to climate change is false?
where did I say that humans do not contribute to climate change? you must be a fucking complete moron to suggest such. humans are part of the whole system, like everything else is
__________________
[COLOR="Black"].

...
[/COLOR]
[CENTER][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="4"]"For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
paragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 12:50 PM   #111 (permalink)
Registered User
 
paragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member # 40266
Location: Jackson, MS USA
Posts: 24,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyJeep View Post
Wait, what? Humans are doing what now?
manipulating data, although the premise is factually accurate
__________________
[COLOR="Black"].

...
[/COLOR]
[CENTER][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="4"]"For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
paragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 12:51 PM   #112 (permalink)
Custom User Title
 
Provience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Member # 138976
Location: Thurston County, WA
Posts: 28,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethmachinefab View Post
Population control would do the most good for our environment. Why isn't this part of the green movement?

that is why they support abortion
__________________
up is difficult, down is dangerous

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 12:53 PM   #113 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Johann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Member # 4251
Location: NC USA
Posts: 8,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwenil View Post
I don't know why you fools automatically equate statements like mine with anger. I am not angry. I could give a fuck less about you. But that also means I could gut you and collect your blood in a bowl with a smile on my face. If I were angry at you my comments would be much more elaborate and contain a lot of cursing. I was simply making a suggestion to you on how you could best help your environment. I know my environment would be much better with you draining out in a tree.
Dude, way agro. Calm down!





__________________
Need reloading dies, brass and such for .351 WSL- PM me with what you have.
Johann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 12:55 PM   #114 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member # 29527
Location: WA
Posts: 38,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon View Post
because I will forget about it and I know Crusty won't admit it

contribution is not causing
Ah. I wouldn't say "causing", and I don't believe anyone here did. That's called a straw man argument. There are many causes for climate change. The question isn't whether we're causing it, the question is whether we're contributing significantly. The answer is that yes, we are contributing, more significantly than all the other causes combined.
__________________
The original Fuckwad Penis.
CrustyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 12:55 PM   #115 (permalink)
Custom User Title
 
Provience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Member # 138976
Location: Thurston County, WA
Posts: 28,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyJeep View Post

At this point, the idea that humans aren't contributing substantially to climate change is the fantastic claim.

can you define your threshold for substantial contribution?
__________________
up is difficult, down is dangerous

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 12:56 PM   #116 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member # 29527
Location: WA
Posts: 38,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon View Post
where did I say that humans do not contribute to climate change? you must be a fucking complete moron to suggest such. humans are part of the whole system, like everything else is
You better watch out, somebody is likely to call you a fucking moron or something. That's crazy talk!
__________________
The original Fuckwad Penis.
CrustyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 12:57 PM   #117 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Elwenil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member # 41063
Posts: 17,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Johnson View Post
The main goal of propaganda is to dehumanize the other side. I'm going to assume you're an actual thinking/feeling human behind that keyboard, rather than a sociopath. In which case you had to convince yourself that I'm somehow less than human so you can justify being ok with gutting me and collecting my blood, just because you disagree with my views on climate change. Think on that one for a bit.

Either that or you really are a 13 year old just trying to be edgy on the internet.
I never said shit about my views on climate change. I simply find you annoying and think you would be better off sacrificed for something more useful. And "sociopath" is one of those words people who are too full of their own importance throw around in a vain effort to explain away things that frighten them because they don't understand it. For all you inane babbling trying to sound educated and somehow better than then people you are arguing with, you really are a stupid fuck. So think on something more important than trying to accuse me of not liking you because of your climate change views when I do not give a fuck if the world burns or stays the way it is. Destiny is what it is, you cannot change it.
__________________
1988 Dodge AW450 Ramcharger-318TBI-NP435-NP205-D60s
Odin Owns Ye All
Elwenil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 12:58 PM   #118 (permalink)
Registered User
 
rockbuggy84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Member # 45202
Location: In a field
Posts: 8,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyJeep View Post
You don't even know what that term means.
So I take it that you also, cannot give us one single example of a prediction made by a climate change scientist that came true?

Weird, because you just claimed that itís already been proven to be true, yet you cannot give 1 single example.
__________________
"Whiskey is cheap, Talk cost money"
rockbuggy84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 12:58 PM   #119 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member # 29527
Location: WA
Posts: 38,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provience View Post
can you define your threshold for substantial contribution?
Nope. It's too subjective. And it doesn't even matter. The real idiots don't believe we're contributing at all. They think the whole thing is a myth. As long as that's true, why even discuss thresholds?
__________________
The original Fuckwad Penis.
CrustyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 01:00 PM   #120 (permalink)
Custom User Title
 
Provience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Member # 138976
Location: Thurston County, WA
Posts: 28,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyJeep View Post
Ah. I wouldn't say "causing", and I don't believe anyone here did. That's called a straw man argument. There are many causes for climate change. The question isn't whether we're causing it, the question is whether we're contributing significantly. The answer is that yes, we are contributing, more significantly than all the other causes combined.
https://www.climaterealityproject.or...imate-change-0


Quote:
Yes, we know humans are responsible for the climate change we see today
https://www.carbonbrief.org/analysis...-due-to-humans

Quote:
Analysis: Why scientists think 100% of global warming is due to humans

__________________
up is difficult, down is dangerous

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 01:00 PM   #121 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member # 29527
Location: WA
Posts: 38,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbuggy84 View Post
So I take it that you also, cannot give us one single example of a prediction made by a climate change scientist that came true?

Weird, because you just claimed that itís already been proven to be true, yet you cannot give 1 single example.
"CO2 is a greenhouse gas, and as it accumulates in the atmosphere, temperatures will rise."

And so it has, and so they have.
__________________
The original Fuckwad Penis.
CrustyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 01:00 PM   #122 (permalink)
Registered User
 
rockbuggy84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Member # 45202
Location: In a field
Posts: 8,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyJeep View Post
we are contributing, more significantly than all the other causes combined.
Prove it.
__________________
"Whiskey is cheap, Talk cost money"
rockbuggy84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 01:01 PM   #123 (permalink)
Random Dude
 
Join Date: May 2014
Member # 467273
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwenil View Post
The best thing you can do for the environment is let me hang you from a pole by your entrails. The amount of hot air you spew on a daily basis has got to be warming the planet a few degrees on it's own.
^ zero anger, zero threats - just a proposed solution.
No foul - mature post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Johnson View Post
Some angry talk all over something a stranger says on the internet. I remember back when I was a 13-year-old. Don't worry, you'll outgrow it.
^ illogical perception of anger, then condescension attempting to evoke anger.
Immature, dickhead-ish post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Johnson View Post
Ok, so at what point in this thread was I so condescending that I warranted this dude's threat?

You may not believe it, but I do respect your opinion in these discussions.
What threat?
We don't give "offended is a status symbol" points here.
Please use adult perception and don't be snowflakey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwenil View Post
I don't know why you fools automatically equate statements like mine with anger. I am not angry. I could give a fuck less about you. But that also means I could gut you and collect your blood in a bowl with a smile on my face. If I were angry at you my comments would be much more elaborate and contain a lot of cursing. I was simply making a suggestion to you on how you could best help your environment. I know my environment would be much better with you draining out in a tree.
Again, ^ NOT A THREAT

Evoking images of actions you disfavor does not equal threatening those actions.

Adult conversation isn't difficult. Put on your big girl panties, Harry.
__________________
PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
- The 4th little pig built his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful
ExWrench is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 01:02 PM   #124 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member # 29527
Location: WA
Posts: 38,226
www.climaterealityproject.org and www.carbonbrief.org are "here"?
__________________
The original Fuckwad Penis.
CrustyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 01:03 PM   #125 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Member # 28880
Location: Spreckels, Ca
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon View Post
https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gene...l#post44573878


perhaps you need to get a 13yo to teach you reading comprehension
Perhaps I do. Your link just took me back to one of your posts that had nothing to do with me.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon;[B
44573878[/B]]because I will forget about it and I know Crusty won't admit it

contribution is not causing
Harry Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.