Ginsburg... Poor woman. - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2019, 05:04 PM   #26 (permalink)
P.B.A.

Member # 172656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm View Post
If she dies before Trump is out of office, the Democrats will try and redefine "dead" .
All she’s got to do is make it past January. And the magical rule that the republicans made “no Supreme Court justice picks in an election year”. Don’t know where it’s written but I know Mitch will stick to his values on this one and not allow it.
Old 08-23-2019, 05:06 PM   #27 (permalink)
P.B.A.

Member # 172656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
She's needed to be off the court for a long time. I voted Trump based on him likely getting 1-2 picks and not wanting to swing the court far left. It's not good if it swings too far right either, but to date both his picks have proven to be fairly centered on their votes. The left really doesn't have much to fear if Trump gets another pick. We need centrist judges who will rule Constitutionally, not partisan judges who will try to legislate their personal beliefs.
I love a whole bench of swing votes. Watch everyone’s heads explode.
Old 08-23-2019, 05:07 PM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 212988
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERROD View Post
All she’s got to do is make it past January. And the magical rule that the republicans made “no Supreme Court justice picks in an election year”. Don’t know where it’s written but I know Mitch will stick to his values on this one and not allow it.
mitch has said he would fill it
HankScorpi0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 05:31 PM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 29739
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahmus View Post
If trump gets another pick the left will go nuclear
If Trump gets another pick, there needs to be new laws enacted to lock the size of all the courts. Otherwise, the left will just add 3-5 extremely leftist judges to the supreme court at the first chance they get - just like they did to several district courts. They'll cheat the system any way possible given the chance, so it'll have to be a super majority to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOODBANE View Post
So much this, but they also need to use common sense. Manufacturers shouldn't have to put a warning label on a hammer saying "do not hit oneself (or others) in the head as injury or even death could result". its common fucking knowledge that you could kill yourself (or others) if you pelt yourself in the head with it. Lets let Darwinism take out a few hundred million stupid fucks and clean up the gene pool. No more fools suing bakers because the baker would not bake a fucking cake for them (victim mentality as they could go somewhere else), But watch for real fucking discrimination cases.
Had an instructor go to Japan to teach. Bike riding at night, nearly fell into an unmarked construction hole in the blacktop road. When he warned the community heads, they said 'Why? It's there to be seen'. Not saying anything about their .gov, but socially they have it figured out.

Last edited by Huntmaster; 08-23-2019 at 05:32 PM.
Huntmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 05:44 PM   #30 (permalink)

Member # 125361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
The left really doesn't have much to fear if Trump gets another pick. We need centrist judges who will rule Constitutionally, not partisan judges who will try to legislate their personal beliefs.
The left does fear it though. Have you seen how far the left has gone in the last three years? They view centrist as “far-right” and will do everything they can to prevent another Trump pick. Look how hard they tried with Kavanaugh. They’re going to pull out all the stops to prevent another.

Also, they're not waiting, the left already has web sites ready to go online that trash the most likely Trump nominations. Kavanaugh’s hearings are going to resemble a Teletubbies show compared to the Maury Povich dirt thrown at the next Trump pick.

"A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"
U.P. Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 07:02 PM   #31 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntmaster View Post
If Trump gets another pick, there needs to be new laws enacted to lock the size of all the courts. Otherwise, the left will just add 3-5 extremely leftist judges to the supreme court at the first chance they get - just like they did to several district courts. They'll cheat the system any way possible given the chance, so it'll have to be a super majority to change.
FDR tried that shit of "packing the court" in the 1930's and damn near got crucified for it. I find the likelihood of a POTUS trying it again extremely unlikely.
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Salesmen and women. God sells to the ignorant.
SanDiegoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 07:21 PM   #32 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 116537
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoCJ View Post
FDR tried that shit of "packing the court" in the 1930's and damn near got crucified for it. I find the likelihood of a POTUS trying it again extremely unlikely.
Agreed. If Trump loses and Ginsburg survives the election (and I hope she does), it’s still a majority conservative SCOTUS and likely a Republican controlled Senate. I don’t see any EO being held as Constitutional. SCOTUS is not going to let itself sidelined.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:41 PM   #33 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 52569
Send a message via MSN to Juztyn00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntmaster View Post
They have pretty much already proclaimed this is fully their intention next time they are in power. No reason to give in to their threats because they will do it anyways, so might as well pick a justice that will follow the constitution now and let them try to follow through.
Juztyn00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 08:23 PM   #34 (permalink)

Member # 29037
Robot Ginsberg?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMnH4QxnNcc
Old 08-23-2019, 09:00 PM   #35 (permalink)
JR
OG13 King

Member # 8524
Who wants to be working when they're 86?
Quit already, SCOTUS will carry on. Anyway, Gorsuch and Kavanaugh seem to be crossing the isle quite a bit. It won't be the end of the liberal world if Trumps gets another pick. What will happen is the left will drag it out then try to use the Reid rule somehow.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 09:14 PM   #36 (permalink)

Member # 29739
Quote:
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juztyn00 View Post
They have pretty much already proclaimed this is fully their intention next time they are in power. No reason to give in to their threats because they will do it anyways, so might as well pick a justice that will follow the constitution now and let them try to follow through.
And Obummer DID do it

If it isn't put into law, you know how it goes....'maybe not tomorrow, maybe not next week or year, but some day'

Here's an interesting quote from this article: (on this subject from 2014)
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...27/obama-brief
Quote:
Ruth Bader Ginsburg, in a recent interview published in Elle, said that she would not yet step down from the Court. “If I resign anytime this year,” she argued, Obama “could not successfully appoint anyone I would like to see in the Court.”
Does anyone doubt she'll keel over right there on the stand some day rather than retire?

Last edited by Huntmaster; 08-23-2019 at 09:15 PM.
Huntmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 09:51 PM   #37 (permalink)

Member # 700186
You all seem to be forgetting that the pressure from FDR threatening to pack the court worked, and the court passed a whole bunch of unconstitutional laws.

Not saying it will happen again, but it got the job done.
Buck Wild Racing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2019, 02:48 PM   #38 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 181868
As I write this, I'm visiting my father who has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. His prognosis is not good. I'm not going to wish RBG bad, but I sure wish my father better. It appears he will not see Trump reelected.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
waterhorse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2019, 02:49 PM   #39 (permalink)

Member # 55560
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhorse View Post
As I write this, I'm visiting my father who has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. His prognosis is not good. I'm not going to wish RBG bad, but I sure wish my father better. It appears he will not see Trump reelected.
Damn. I'm sorry to hear that.
Old 08-24-2019, 02:57 PM   #40 (permalink)

Member # 16468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Wild Racing View Post
You all seem to be forgetting that the pressure from FDR threatening to pack the court worked, and the court passed a whole bunch of unconstitutional laws.

Not saying it will happen again, but it got the job done.
Yup. The supreme court found big chunks of NIRA to be unconstitutional (when the Chicken defeated the Blue Eagle https://fee.org/articles/thats-not-k...irst-new-deal/ )

Then FDR threatened to pack the Supreme Court - Imagine anyone doing that today! - and afterwards the Supreme Court was far more docile with FDR

Last edited by Mikel; 08-24-2019 at 02:59 PM.
Mikel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2019, 03:07 PM   #41 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikel View Post
Yup. The supreme court found big chunks of NIRA to be unconstitutional (when the Chicken defeated the Blue Eagle https://fee.org/articles/thats-not-k...irst-new-deal/ )

Then FDR threatened to pack the Supreme Court - Imagine anyone doing that today! - and afterwards the Supreme Court was far more docile with FDR
Which is exactly why SCOTUS needs to stay independent of congress and POTUS. SCOTUS is not supposed to be swayed by popular political trends. Leave SCOTUS alone.
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Salesmen and women. God sells to the ignorant.
SanDiegoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2019, 06:38 PM   #42 (permalink)

Member # 3132
Send a message via AIM to NOODLES Send a message via Yahoo to NOODLES
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankScorpi0 View Post
I think she needs a loooooong rest after that surgery.
Sleep the long sleep..........
NOODLES is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2019, 08:41 PM   #43 (permalink)
2JZ

Member # 684802
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERROD View Post
Pancreatic cancer is pretty wicked. I think hers is being downplayed. I wouldn't be surprised if she doesnt make it to January.
Old 08-24-2019, 09:02 PM   #44 (permalink)
Addicted to Gear Oil

Member # 56050
I think she's been dead since November 8th 2016 and the Dems have kept her reanimated corpse "alive" in an attempt to get through 2020 election.
Originally Posted by General Dwight D. Eisenhower
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.

For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->
guidolyons is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2019, 09:10 PM   #45 (permalink)

Member # 117207
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDA 455 View Post
I heard that one of the Koch brothers was in on donating to the center that got her better.
petro812 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2019, 09:23 PM   #46 (permalink)

Member # 59127
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahmus View Post
Maybe holding onto the supreme court position is the only thing keeping her going.
Hate is a strong motivator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidolyons View Post
I think she's been dead since November 8th 2016 and the Dems have kept her reanimated corpse "alive" in an attempt to get through 2020 election.

:flipoff2:[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Fishslayer; 08-24-2019 at 09:26 PM.
Fishslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2019, 09:43 PM   #47 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Quote:
Many of the liberal candidates are talking to the Democratic base about doing that again. They are all about it. They don’t really give a shit what the conservatives think.

Companies helping me get dirty:

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2019, 11:04 PM   #48 (permalink)

Member # 23744
Location: White Mtns., Arizona... it's on the map, just not on any map!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ View Post
Many of the liberal candidates are talking to the Democratic base about doing that again. They are all about it. They don’t really give a shit what the conservatives think.
So you think if theres a Dem President next term they will just add 6 more judges to the SCOTUS?

FDR was NOT successful in doing so, why would another President be successful?
Old 08-24-2019, 11:13 PM   #49 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Quote:
Originally Posted by flecker View Post
So you think if theres a Dem President next term they will just add 6 more judges to the SCOTUS?

FDR was NOT successful in doing so, why would another President be successful?
Because everything that makes sense does not happen in my experience once politicians are involved.

Companies helping me get dirty:

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2019, 11:18 PM   #50 (permalink)

Member # 23744
Location: White Mtns., Arizona... it's on the map, just not on any map!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ View Post
Because everything that makes sense does not happen in my experience once politicians are involved.
We can definitely agree on that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in