Enterprise Car Rental - AVOID - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2019, 01:51 PM   #26 (permalink)

Member # 55560
I was in Cabo for Hurricane Odile a few years ago and my shit box Chevy rental from Budget got pretty wrecked from the flying debris. We tried to drive to LaPaz a couple days after the storm to catch a flight home but the bridge was out and we had to go back. Popped one of the bald tires and had to pay $60 for a used bald one at the only tire shop open (it was running out of a pickup truck with a gas powered compressor since all the power was out). The lug wrench didn't even fit the lugs.

When I went to return it the office was destroyed so I left it there and mailed the keys back at my cost. They charged my credit card $1500 for the damage even though I bought all their insurance. I disputed it with the credit card company and thankfully won.

TLDR: Fuck Budget and their 3rd world POS cars and popping me for hurricane damage.
Old 08-26-2019, 02:11 PM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 169788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_W View Post
I've used Enterprise plenty of times, no issues, I'll keep using them
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlathim View Post
Me too. never had a problem with Enterprise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Uzi View Post
I am with the Texan, and the Brothers Bush to the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisin View Post
Spent thousands of dollars at Enterprise. Always get called Mr. Mason and 9 out of 10 times I get free rental upgrades. When I say upgrades I mean going from the cheapest shitbox they had to a fully loaded Audi Q7 the last time I rented.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoCJ View Post
Same here. Never had a problem with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahmus View Post
OP
Sounds like your local office has been invaded by douche bags. I rent quite a bit from enterprise as they are in the next town and will pick me up and drop me off. I've never had a problem with them.
I was one of you, thus the reason I used them again. I've used them for 20+ years without any issues, including numerous times from this location.

I'll repeat what I said above- don't let your guard down just because they have treated you well in the past. It only takes one jackass or a couple of them at the local office to create a mess. That's what I'm starting to think is going on here, one idiot/moron thought he could pull this off. If his manager wasn't in on it before hand, now they are, as they almost have to show some support for their staff.

I could easily turn this over to my insurance agent and let them deal with it, might eventually do that, but my fear is they will just settle with them and pay up- exactly what Enterprise is banking on and I don't want that to happen.
COcamper is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2019, 03:36 PM   #28 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 50866
Never rented a car. I drive my own shit, it gets fucked up I shrug it off an keep going. Problem avoided.
Old 08-26-2019, 03:58 PM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 7907
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjtony View Post
Never rented a car. I drive my own shit, it gets fucked up I shrug it off an keep going. Problem avoided.
It's a lot cheaper for me to rent a car in Hawaii, than to have mine shipped there to drive around for a couple of weeks....

GonPostal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2019, 04:24 PM   #30 (permalink)

Member # 4387
Quote:
Originally Posted by GonPostal View Post
It's a lot cheaper for me to rent a car in Hawaii, than to have mine shipped there to drive around for a couple of weeks....

At $500 a week in Hawaii, maybe not
Norm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2019, 04:31 PM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 29113
Send a message via Yahoo to pitchitpitchit
Quote:
Originally Posted by COcamper View Post
Enterprise Car Rental- Parker CO- DO NOT USE THEM!!

And as far as I'm concerned, don't use Enterprise anywhere unless you like to get fawked!

Cliff Notes: Rented a car for a road trip, wife returned it and all was fine according to rep, 1 week after return we get an email from their Damage Recovery Unit claiming hail damage. WTF???

Full Story:

We (my wife) returned the car on 8/15 to the Parker CO location (same place I picked it up). She did a walk around with Dale, who told us- ďeverything looks great, Iíll close out the rental and refund the $150 depositĒ. I still question why a $150 deposit is needed when Iíve paid for the rental and have full insurance? My wife was told by Dale that he will email the final receipt to the email address on file (which is mine) and that he had just completed the refund on the deposit. My wife then waited about 15 minutes for me to pick her up at the Enterprise office. I picked her up and asked if everything went ok- yep- no problems.

I hadnít seen the refund but figured it was just being processed and to be honest, I hadn't even looked for the receipt from the rental, as I thought all was good. Much to my surprise I get an email a week later from Enterprise DRU (Damage Recovery Unit) claiming hail damage. I contacted this unit and asked them what was going on? They told me the claim is filed by the local office. So I stop by there on my way home from work, figuring this has got to be some sort of mistake. I got the pleasure of talking to Dale again, and he has some big balls, as he lied directly to my face as well as my wife's face. I finally had to turn around and leave the office, I was so furious I was afraid I would do or say something that would not help my cause... He has continued to lie and dig his hole deeper and deeper.

I did not drive in any hail during my trip and can show my trip based on credit card transactions and video/pictures. I did not receive any other notification, contrary to Dale telling me they called me. I offered to show him phone records, he quickly changed his story and said they left messages for my wife- but he couldnít tell me my wifeís number- he didnít have it! I asked why would he not contact me- the primary person on the agreement, he could/would not answer that, only telling me that my wife and I are one in the same- no we aren't! OK, but if you canít reach one or you donít have the right contact info or any contact info, why not try the other, especially when I know they have my contact info? I was on-site 15 minutes after she returned the car to pick her up and we only live 5 minutes from the rental location- if there was an issue I would have been there to see it and take care of it. But Iím positive they did not want me to come see it because there was nothing to see!

I have full coverage insurance on all 4 of my vehicles for a reason, I stand nothing to gain from trying to be dishonest and would gladly pay my deductible and let my insurance handle a claim. Iíve used Enterprise for 20+ years, this will be the last time and I will make sure everyone I know never uses them. I have honestly never been treated the way I was and more importantly I have never been lied to like that- directly to my and my wifeís face. Dale went on to threaten us when we called him a liar- he stated ď I will get you banned for life from Enterprise and other rental companies...Ē. I am still in awe of this whole experience, it is like nothing I have ever been through.

The local office tries to twist the story each time we talk to them- Friday the story was we were in a huge hurry to drop the rental off- nope, actually sat around for 15+ minutes after completing the return.

We rent cars on a pretty regular basis, I guess if anything, we got complacent because every transaction for the past 20+ years has been honest and as one would expect.

I know many of you are going to point out what we did wrong or how we could protect ourselves- I know, we made plenty of mistakes to not cover our ass. Like I said, after many rentals both domestically and abroad, and every one of them being handled the way it should, I got complacent and expected this one to be no different.

It is also worth noting how hard they pushed their insurance option. I expect that at rental agencies, but these guys were really pushy, to the point he was asking how much my deductible was and wanting to calculate how much I would "save" if I took their insurance vs. having to pay my deductible- almost like they knew something was going to "happen".

Interesting that after I posted this on my local Nextdoor site- 5 or 6 others mentioned this same thing has happened to them at this location recently. A little google-fu, and I came across a local news story from June where a different office was trying the same crap. I emailed my story to that reporter, hoping he will make some more noise!

I think Enterprise, at least this location, attempts to identify those with full coverage and a low deductible, then pushes their insurance option hard, and if that is turned down, they look for an excuse to file a claim with the hopes that the customer just lets their insurance handle it.

Sorry for the long read, I know the power of the PBB, please warn others and make Enterprise re-think their strategy.
Wouldnt the hail be a public record of a weather event (news reports etc...)? Can you look up when the hail happened? Hopefully it was reported after you turned the car in.
pitchitpitchit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2019, 04:32 PM   #32 (permalink)

Member # 53453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm View Post
At $500 a week in Hawaii, maybe not
Cheaper to just buy a beater POS there and hope for the best. Leave it parked in the unloading zone at the airport when you're done, they will take care of it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DirtyComanche is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2019, 05:48 PM   #33 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 116537
Per the other poster, I think OP’s local office needs new management. My company joined Enterprise’s Emerald Club years ago and allows us to use the membership for personal use. So, I’ve used them exclusively dozens of times with no issues. I book a car online in a minute, get dropped at the Emerald curb and drive out.

I had a bad experience with Budget a long time ago. I left my wallet on the seat and did not realize until I was on the shuttle 5 minutes later. I had the shuttle driver radio it in and came back to the lot. Of course, no wallet. I ask to speak to the manager. I explain that I know the wallet was on the seat because I had to get cash out of it to pay the tunnel toll. This was just post 9/11 and I told him that I was going to be stuck in Boston until I can get my birth certificate Fed Exed. As a result, I told him I was going to give him 10 minutes to look again for my wallet and no questions asked if my cash was missing, and after 10 minutes I was going to call the cops and report it as a theft, because I would have nothing better to do at that point. He returned in 5 minutes with my wallet sans cash. I did make my flight.
emiller22207 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2019, 06:13 PM   #34 (permalink)

Member # 852732
Always had good experience with them renting boxtrucks and vans. Overload the fuck out of them if it wears out sooner or breaks, not my problem.
Thatg9659 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2019, 09:03 PM   #35 (permalink)

Member # 1515
Send a message via AIM to Po' riggity Send a message via Yahoo to Po' riggity
Having worked for Hertz in the past, I can tell you this. Enterprise is known in the rental car world for scamming people out of money for "damage". Kinda of like how jiffy live says they performed work on your vehicle when they dont. Thst being said, when I was a counter rep for Hertz at the local airport, I got a commission on every contract I sold the extra insurance on, so that is likely the same at enterprise and its probably the reason they pushed it so hard. God I'm glad I'm out of that business.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2019, 09:09 PM   #36 (permalink)
Hophead

Member # 4829
Send a message via AIM to Joe_W
Quote:
Originally Posted by Po' riggity View Post
Having worked for Hertz in the past, I can tell you this. Enterprise is known in the rental car world for scamming people out of money for "damage". Kinda of like how jiffy live says they performed work on your vehicle when they dont. Thst being said, when I was a counter rep for Hertz at the local airport, I got a commission on every contract I sold the extra insurance on, so that is likely the same at enterprise and its probably the reason they pushed it so hard. God I'm glad I'm out of that business.

I want to talk to someone at Enterprise and ask them what Hertz was known for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddin
The vagina doubles as a neat little fanny pack.
Joe_W is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2019, 10:43 PM   #37 (permalink)

Member # 2710
As has been mentioned, firstly they must prove the damage occurred while in your possession. Does the car have any damage whatsoever? If they don’t need to prove it to you, then they ought to claim it was damaged to within about $100 of being a total and ask you to pay that amount. I’d consider turning the tables on them and I might claim I just remembered I left some very valuable possessions, which were well marked with my contact information, in the trunk and they owe me about 10 times what they claim I owe them. They ask me to prove it, well I guess maybe we’ll call it even?

You might call your state insurance board and report a fraudulent claim?
Old 08-26-2019, 11:24 PM   #38 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 72617
Insurance insurance insurance....
I have used a local Enterprise rental a few times in the past; did the walk around and noted a few dings a scratches. Never any problems with bull shit claims.

But now I have a killer deal with Avis; on that note I use my American Express card. AMX has a car rental insurance deal where they are first in line for any damages. It cost about $40 bucks per month when you rent. I have never had any car rental hassles in my very long carrier of business and pleasure travel.

I would never put a car rental on a debit card; you don't have any defense.
Old 08-27-2019, 12:59 AM   #39 (permalink)

Member # 1515
Send a message via AIM to Po' riggity Send a message via Yahoo to Po' riggity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_W View Post
I want to talk to someone at Enterprise and ask them what Hertz was known for
Probably the same damn thing that being said, I take multiple trips per year that require a rental car. I always use Hertz and always pay for the insurance. I want to know that if I go all "dukes of hazzard" on the car, I'm covered.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:45 AM   #40 (permalink)

Member # 148982
I rented a "vert" mustang last week in Hawaii through Turo for a day. It was $100 and very easy.
Old 08-27-2019, 01:23 PM   #41 (permalink)

Member # 52710
Enterprise is by far the best rental agency. I rent about 50 days a year from them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jpmassey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2019, 01:37 PM   #42 (permalink)
Boobs.

Member # 27035
I am provided a company vehicle 24x7x365. They rent the vehicles and I get to keep all points from the rental which is a nice perk. We used to rent from Hertz (10+years) and I was in their uber top tier (Platinum) and basically I could get away with murder in Hertz eyes. 2 years back the company as a whole swapped to Enterprise/National. Supposedly this is the same company but who really knows. Part of the move from Hertz to Enterprise/National was they match out tier status with Hertz. I have a really good relationship with my local Enterprise guys where they will let me rent anything they have on the lot for our negotiated work rate which is pretty low. When I travel out of state and rent from an airport it is like they don't even care.

Overall I don't really care since I am not paying but there are small things that make Enterprise suck. My Hertz points never expired as long as I made 1 rental a year. My Enterprise/National free rental days ( have 16 right now) expire from year to year so I have been losing them each calendar year. The closest National (with the free days) is at BNA which is about 1 hour from me. My local Enterprise is in the next town over but they won't let me use the free days from National.
twales is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2019, 01:42 PM   #43 (permalink)

Member # 48233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm View Post
Pro tip, take a video of a walk around of the car before leaving and then upon return with your cell phone. Takes one minute, that way there are no arguments about damage.
This

Post it on YouTube so its out there for all to see

I've also used Enterprise a bunch of times and will continue to use them.. never had an issue

[QUOTE=xyjbeaker;9759686]"mexican food reminds you of my face?"[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Doc Holiday13; 08-27-2019 at 01:44 PM.
Doc Holiday13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2019, 01:59 PM   #44 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 66684
United rentals was confused but told me I must have left the excavator running for 21 of the 24 hours I had it. I popped out my phone and walk around video from the day before which included the hour meter. 6-1/2 hours total
2big bronco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2019, 02:01 PM   #45 (permalink)

Member # 86724
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2big bronco View Post
United rentals was confused but told me I must have left the excavator running for 21 of the 24 hours I had it. I popped out my phone and walk around video from the day before which included the hour meter. 6-1/2 hours total
that's fucked up.
Old 08-27-2019, 05:51 PM   #46 (permalink)

Member # 267858
I don't know what is up with that branch but that's not how Enterprise operates. Contact the area manager and if that does not work contact the regional manager. On a side note Enterprise bought national and Alamo.
joe green is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2019, 10:16 AM   #47 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 398
Send a message via ICQ to welndmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattafact View Post
I was in Cabo for Hurricane Odile a few years ago and my shit box Chevy rental from Budget got pretty wrecked from the flying debris. We tried to drive to LaPaz a couple days after the storm to catch a flight home but the bridge was out and we had to go back. Popped one of the bald tires and had to pay $60 for a used bald one at the only tire shop open (it was running out of a pickup truck with a gas powered compressor since all the power was out). The lug wrench didn't even fit the lugs.

When I went to return it the office was destroyed so I left it there and mailed the keys back at my cost. They charged my credit card $1500 for the damage even though I bought all their insurance. I disputed it with the credit card company and thankfully won.

TLDR: Fuck Budget and their 3rd world POS cars and popping me for hurricane damage.
A lot of my friends have been separated from their money in Mexico by a rental company.
I take the bus in Mexico, it's pure entertainment.
welndmn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2019, 10:31 AM   #48 (permalink)

Member # 168716
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87manche View Post
absolutely.

last time we rented a car I videoed the walk around during the return process.

I didn't trust those fuckers one bit, especially after I checked the oil and found it almost non existent.
then they bitched about covering the ten bucks I spent to put oil in their car so I didn't pop the motor, even though I had called to ask them if they would reimburse me prior to putting oil in it. little suziki shitbox took two quarts to bring it to the full mark.
like I should just gift them two quarts of oil.
I should have just popped the fucking motor.
What I'm caught up on is that you actually checked the oil on a rental
scottmk5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2019, 10:46 AM   #49 (permalink)

Member # 152210
this thread needs to be cleaned up:

1. We need Dale's cell phone #
2. Pic of wife's tits
3. well, do the first two and we'll get this going the right direction.... I say fuck Dale for lying... lets make him understand that first... we'll go all ghey boycott later.
Old 08-28-2019, 11:33 AM   #50 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 85264
Send a message via AIM to LeadfootCJ7
I hear they have all cracked down on damage, but I try to be cautious taking pics and video before I drive off and right before returning.

I will never use Enterprise though. 10+ years ago my wife had been hit and had to get a rental car while hers was being repaired. Insurance used Enterprise. a few months later our CC got hit for $6k charge by Enterprise. Turns out the morons put her credit card down to pay for the guy after her who was getting a rental for his bodyshop droppoff also. She called and the people at the local branch took a week to figure out what had happened. Then they told her it would take them a while to correct because they needed to get the insurance company to pay them for the rental before they would refund the money. She ended up talking to the regional manager for Enterprise. Still took them 3 months to refund our money with her harassing them weekly.

A couple years later she gets hit again (I hate living in Houston) and again Insurance insists on Enterprise only or she won't get a rental. 2 months later they hit our credit card for $4k iirc for her rental. Turns out insurance didn't pay. After my wife calls and does Enterprises job for them she figures out they billed insurance using the wrong info so they declined to pay. Took Enterprise a month to get it submitted correctly and refund us.

Ever since I have told insurance companies that I won't use Enterprise. Luckily, they are ok and use other companies. Not sure why they wouldn't 10 years ago. I will never use them again. Complete morons even at the corporate level who can't pull their heads out of their a$$e$

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in