Ford Super Duty Tire Pressure Monitors - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2019, 08:56 AM   #26 (permalink)
Not Canadian

Member # 41611
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDXSR5 View Post
Forscan is the shit. TPMS is now disabled! What a beautiful tool especially for the price (free)! Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate it
These comments about "Forscan" make more sense when your google-foo doesn't misspell with an "i" instead of an "a".
D'Mann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2019, 09:27 AM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 110516
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Mann View Post
These comments about "Forscan" make more sense when your google-foo doesn't misspell with an "i" instead of an "a".
It does seem to be kind of a "miss" in naming, but they are Russian so I suppose we can give them a break.
KDXSR5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2019, 10:38 AM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 70148
I don't understand the hate for tpms sensors. For $15 you can buy the tool to relearn them. I love being able to check pressures at a glance. It's something I would try to add if it wasn't factory.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
larboc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2019, 12:36 PM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 110516
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I don't understand the hate for tpms sensors. For $15 you can buy the tool to relearn them. I love being able to check pressures at a glance. It's something I would try to add if it wasn't factory.
I don't necessarily hate them in cars. In my chevy trucks they aren't even that bad. But in my Fords they don't actually display the pressures (dumb), and they are set for 80 psi, and I don't like to run that much pressure if I am not hauling stuff. This results in unnecessary annoyances. I also have a few different sets of wheels and tires to pass around my various vehicles, and not all TMPS sensors work with all vehicles (dumb). Overall I don't dislike them, but for this particular truck I don't want to have to deal with it since the newer sensors wont even work with this truck.
Old 09-26-2019, 12:42 PM   #30 (permalink)

Member # 70148
Quote:
I don't necessarily hate them in cars. In my chevy trucks they aren't even that bad. But in my Fords they don't actually display the pressures (dumb), and they are set for 80 psi, and I don't like to run that much pressure if I am not hauling stuff. This results in unnecessary annoyances. I also have a few different sets of wheels and tires to pass around my various vehicles, and not all TMPS sensors work with all vehicles (dumb). Overall I don't dislike them, but for this particular truck I don't want to have to deal with it since the newer sensors wont even work with this truck.
Ahh, that's dumb. Even the cheapo ebay sensors I put on my winter wheels display within 2 psi of any name brand gauge I've used, I'd guess the tpms sensors are more accurate. I think the dash warning comes on at like 20 psi. The only problem is getting OCD and having to have all 4 display exactly the same number. GM though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
larboc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2019, 12:49 PM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 3236
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Quote:
Not only do they not display the pressures in the 11-16 Superduty's they don't even tell you which tire has a issue, just that there is a issue. In my older SD I have the pressures turned down to 50 front and rear. At least the newer SD's and F-150's have a much more informative display that tells you pressures and locations (and the F-150's TPMS supposedly relearns positions and new sensors on it's own).

Last edited by jasonmt; 09-27-2019 at 09:39 AM.
jasonmt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2019, 12:53 PM   #32 (permalink)

Member # 110516
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmt View Post
Not only do they not display the pressures in the 11-16 Superduty's they don't even tell you which tire has a issue, just that there is a issue. In my older SD I have the pressures turned down to 50 front and rear. At least the newer SD's and F-150's have a much more informative display that tells you pressures and locations (and the F-150's TPMS supposedly relearns positions and new sensors on it's own).

If my truck had a display like that and allowed me to set the pressure threshold, I would be a lot more willing to try to make it work. As is, I just said fuck it, not worth the BS.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in