TSA Security Checks - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2019, 12:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 73302
TSA Security Checks

I just got back from a business trip to Prague with a few extra days to visit Poland and Dublin. For some reason I will always get a pat down by TSA at least once on a trip. I never have problems with any EU security screenings, only TSA. I made it through Dublin security but was pulled out of line early for a COMPLETE pat down, questions, laptop and cell phone check by TSA stationed in Dublin just before the US Customs. They then removed everything from my bags including dirty clothes and swabbed them. My ticket was marked SSSS for extra security but would not tell me why. Only me and a few younger white girls were getting this during the time that I could see.

Does anyone else on here have this happen to them often? Any TSA employees on here?

Last edited by pvkj454; 09-13-2019 at 12:15 PM.
pvkj454 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2019, 12:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 67823
I work for the TSA in Canada, you're probably on a watch list of some sort, or deemed a high risk. Things like internet activity, past history with drugs or violence, high rate of police interactions...that sort of thing gets you flagged. Or it could be where you traveled, you may have interacted with someone on a watch list. Lots of possible reasons.
Old 09-13-2019, 12:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 13599
I usually get the pat down treatment and my bags have been opened before, but I've not had them stamp me different or check out my dirty undies.

On another note, they will not accept a CHL for identity? Seems so backasswards to me. I had to get my finger prints run by the feds for that. Had to ask permission, spend money, take training, and wait a long time to get it. But an illegal immigrant can get a lame state ID with bullshit paperwork and walk on the plane no problem.

I argued with the TSA agent about the once, they have lots of lame ways to duck the questions. One of them is that it isn't a state ID. You are right, its better and the feds you work for approved this.
bad booger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2019, 01:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 5639
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad booger View Post

I argued with the TSA agent about the once, they have lots of lame ways to duck the questions. One of them is that it isn't a state ID. You are right, its better and the feds you work for approved this.
Why would a TSA agent have any idea on this? Like arguing with the McDonalds Drive through employee about the McRib not being on the menu.

Kindness doesn't condemn or condone

Just Add Lightness
Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2019, 01:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 52443
I sit in a room and get asked dumb questions and miss connecting flights every time.
I have no fking clue. Any country-> USA
Maybe my dad was actually a russian spy. I really don't get it. Annoying as fuck.

Last edited by ev13wt; 09-13-2019 at 01:07 PM.
ev13wt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2019, 01:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 66684
I have every security clearance there is... TSA, US customs and boarder protection, and I could go drive my truck on the runway of sfo right now.....my boarding passes always get and extra S on the top that gets me the extra frisk.

Last edited by 2big bronco; 09-13-2019 at 01:41 PM.
2big bronco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2019, 01:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 4135
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvkj454 View Post
Only me and a few younger white girls were getting this during the time that I could see.
So you're an older white woman?

They are just being reasonable since we know all the terrorists so far have been young white women
The press is a gang of cruel faggots. Journalism is not a profession or a trade. It is a cheap catch-all for fuckoffs and misfits—a false doorway to the backside of life, a filthy piss-ridden little hole nailed off by the building inspector
wheelerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2019, 05:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Extended Member

Member # 69765
TSA is a mess right now. They are harassing the known crew member guys too now. IE Pilots and other flight crew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Follow my adventures on Instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kyle_T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2019, 06:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 73302
Quote:
Originally Posted by squamch View Post
I work for the TSA in Canada, you're probably on a watch list of some sort, or deemed a high risk. Things like internet activity, past history with drugs or violence, high rate of police interactions...that sort of thing gets you flagged. Or it could be where you traveled, you may have interacted with someone on a watch list. Lots of possible reasons.
I have never had anything I know of like that. I do have an old friend that got addicted to pain pills and is a felon now. I work for a large corporation and besides Americans, I mainly deal with Engineers from Japan and Europe.
pvkj454 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2019, 06:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 138976
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2big bronco View Post
I have every security clearance there is... TSA, US customs and boarder protection, and I could go drive my truck on the runway of sfo right now.....my boarding passes always get and extra S on the top that gets me the extra frisk.
maybe you are there to help pad UP their numbers this way they can prove how safe they are

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2019, 07:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
No

Member # 106663
I get TSA precheck and breeze right through about half the time. First time I got it I didn't even notice, the TSA drone sent me to the quick line.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 18433
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad booger View Post
I usually get the pat down treatment and my bags have been opened before, but I've not had them stamp me different or check out my dirty undies.

On another note, they will not accept a CHL for identity? Seems so backasswards to me. I had to get my finger prints run by the feds for that. Had to ask permission, spend money, take training, and wait a long time to get it. But an illegal immigrant can get a lame state ID with bullshit paperwork and walk on the plane no problem.

Dude I have an airport badge at one of the busiest airports in the country, can drive on said airport, get continual background checks, went through an FBI threat assessment, and finger prints to get said badge YET I cant use it as official ID to get on a plane. I have to use my driver license, whom my cousin who got busted on video dealing heroin and multiple DUIs also has.

Last edited by Gslander; 09-13-2019 at 07:08 PM.
Gslander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2019, 08:42 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 133589
This is what liberals want from American law enforcement.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 9144
Send a message via AIM to DozerDan
Never once had an issue. I have TSA pre now, and am doing global soon. But then again I am clean cut, legit looking guy named Dan Smith... not very high on the alert level

Fear is not an option!
DozerDan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2019, 09:24 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 67823
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvkj454 View Post
I have never had anything I know of like that. I do have an old friend that got addicted to pain pills and is a felon now. I work for a large corporation and besides Americans, I mainly deal with Engineers from Japan and Europe.
Both places that are experiencing a rise in right wing ideology. Probably just someone you interacted with that some other agency is keeping an eye on. You could be a few interactions removed even. Maybe one of your engineer's brothers is in some organization or group deemed worthy of keeping an eye on.
They don't tell us why, they just tell us who to give the bonus treatments to. From the sounds of it you're not being subjected to all that much.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:36 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 619097
Just get Global Entry or TSA Pre Check or Trusted Traveller or whichever one makes the most sense...should make things easier.

Keep in mind they also do just random inspections and have a certain percentage they need to hit each day. You might just have bad luck.
#1SomeGuy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2019, 02:08 AM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 113619
Send a message via Yahoo to stjames151
If you’re flagged and constantly examined without result, you should sue for harassment.
Old 09-14-2019, 03:47 AM   #18 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 13599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
Why would a TSA agent have any idea on this? Like arguing with the McDonalds Drive through employee about the McRib not being on the menu.
Because this is where I lurk
bad booger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2019, 10:05 AM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 91648
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2big bronco View Post
You are not a threat, so they can go through the motions and on to the next victe...traveller.
GMGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2019, 10:17 AM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 79509
Just a few days ago I got my first pat down. I typically just have my wallet and phone.

The arms in air big spinny thing decided my cock was a threat. I kid you not, a big yellow square on my pants.

I got felt up by TSA, hands swabbed, then released back into the wild.
Old 09-14-2019, 11:56 AM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 21766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep View Post
big spinny thing decided my cock was a threat.
So that's the pick-up line you use when you see a hot chick at the bar huh
RgdL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2019, 12:53 PM   #22 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 49997
I travel with a dosmeter that measures radiation that I have been exposed to for work. Hand it to the TSA person , explain what it is. Then get told there is no radiation here while standing next to a machine that xray bags.
rugby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2019, 04:29 PM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 193950
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugby View Post
I travel with a dosmeter that measures radiation that I have been exposed to for work. Hand it to the TSA person , explain what it is. Then get told there is no radiation here while standing next to a machine that xray bags.
A backscatter xray doesn't have any radiation either right?
If they were bright, there is a good chance that they would not be manning a TSA checkpoint at an airport...

Aaron Z
Old 09-14-2019, 05:04 PM   #24 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 49997
Quote:
Originally Posted by aczlan View Post
A backscatter xray doesn't have any radiation either right?
If they were bright, there is a good chance that they would not be manning a TSA checkpoint at an airport...

Aaron Z
They get paid pretty well for certain parts of the country.
rugby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2019, 05:14 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 193950
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugby View Post
They get paid pretty well for certain parts of the country.
I said nothing about their payscale, only their relative intelligence.

Aaron Z

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in