ATTENTION 532 mile proposed trail closure | Apache Sitgreaves National Forest - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2019, 01:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 869312
ATTENTION 532 mile proposed trail closure | Apache Sitgreaves National Forest

Public commenting open for Apache Sitgreaves National Forest Travel Management Plan

Hello all! Please take some time to help the offroad community.

The Apache Sitgreaves National Forest is asking the public to submit comments concerning a travel management plan in northern Arizona. These changes will affect access to our public lands. It's important that the public gets involved.

In this article, you can find links to review documents, view maps of the affected areas, and submit comments online.

If you are a hunter, hiker, mountain biker or four-wheeler this will affect you.

Get all the info here!
AZBCE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2019, 06:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 73302
Done.
pvkj454 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2019, 07:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 23744
Location: White Mtns., Arizona... it's on the map, just not on any map!
I appreciate the sentiment. I live inside of this forest, and I see first hand the fuckwits that come up for a brief stay and think they own the place. Driving their rzr's/ rangers and atv's all over the place without ANY regard whatsoever for posted signs and plaques to NOT travel off observed roads. I myself have had several run ins with retards rolling up to the top of a knoll on either no road or obviously closed roads, only to receive a bunch of attitude when I point this out.

I am going to the meeting on the 19th in Show Low to voice my concerns, and I have every intent of asking them NOT to ensure more closures... but it's kind of a PIA when I see it first hand, and know full well why the fawk they are proposing it. I watched a backhoe roll up the side of a mountain 3 days ago setting boulders in place to close yet another fuckwit made road up the side of a hill, no doubt made by a bunch of dipshits on their rzr's and atv's.

If ya'll can't respect the rules... this is the type of shit we all suffer for. I know every trail up here, and I travel them often. Very often. I know most of the AZG&F officers up here as well as the USDF officers who patrol, and I can't even count the number of times I have seen them track/ chase down some motard fuckwit on an atv or rzr to slap a huge ass ticket to them.

I understand the desire to not want closures, and I get it. Last thing I want is more closures where I live... but before you roll up here and start unloading the atv's or Polaris's, maybe think twice about your planned routes and legality of driving through shit your to fawking lazy to walk.
Old 09-16-2019, 07:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Circus Ring ******

Member # 867108
Quote:
Originally Posted by flecker View Post
I appreciate the sentiment. I live inside of this forest, and I see first hand the fuckwits that come up for a brief stay and think they own the place. Driving their rzr's/ rangers and atv's all over the place without ANY regard whatsoever for posted signs and plaques to NOT travel off observed roads. I myself have had several run ins with retards rolling up to the top of a knoll on either no road or obviously closed roads, only to receive a bunch of attitude when I point this out.

I am going to the meeting on the 19th in Show Low to voice my concerns, and I have every intent of asking them NOT to ensure more closures... but it's kind of a PIA when I see it first hand, and know full well why the fawk they are proposing it. I watched a backhoe roll up the side of a mountain 3 days ago setting boulders in place to close yet another fuckwit made road up the side of a hill, no doubt made by a bunch of dipshits on their rzr's and atv's.

If ya'll can't respect the rules... this is the type of shit we all suffer for. I know every trail up here, and I travel them often. Very often. I know most of the AZG&F officers up here as well as the USDF officers who patrol, and I can't even count the number of times I have seen them track/ chase down some motard fuckwit on an atv or rzr to slap a huge ass ticket to them.
<a href="https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)" >:-)</a>

I understand the desire to not want closures, and I get it. Last thing I want is more closures where I live... but before you roll up here and start unloading the atv's or Polaris's, maybe think twice about your planned routes and legality of driving through shit your to fawking lazy to walk.
I see the same bs and it pisses me right the fuck off.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:08 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 133009
Quote:
SxS are the worst thing to happen to offroading that I can think of. One of our only places in TN on public land is headed down the same road QUICK because of those fools.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 133544
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtRoads View Post
SxS are the worst thing to happen to offroading that I can think of. One of our only places in TN on public land is headed down the same road QUICK because of those fools.
BLM
Sierra Club
Center for Biological Diversity
These are the worst things to happen to "offroading". liberals denying me access to the places I like to go.
Crisbee1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2019, 08:21 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 133009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisbee1 View Post
BLM
Sierra Club
Center for Biological Diversity
These are the worst things to happen to "offroading". liberals denying me access to the places I like to go.
True, but a quick youtube search of some Rzr bros doing burnouts in a creekbed is all the ammo they need around here.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:27 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 96278
Quote:
It sure sure does seem like a redneck drinking sport. The only people I know who have crossed over from 'wheeling to SxSing were mud boggers. Hmm...
Old 09-17-2019, 08:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 133544
Been down this rabbit hole before, watch many good people pick up the fight for trail access only to flame out and leave 4 wheeling all together.
Keep up the "good" fight, I will keep busting new trails...
Old 09-17-2019, 09:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 9795
Send a message via AIM to mobil1syn
Quote:
and the power sports dealers financing them
Old 09-17-2019, 09:26 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 39564
Anti-closure note sent

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rig Rater Score 721
NakedJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2019, 09:30 AM   #12 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 133544
Quote:
True, but a quick youtube search of some Rzr bros doing burnouts in a creekbed is all the ammo they need around here.
Cardinal rule, combining offroaders on private land and offroaders in the Forest or on public land.
If the hotrod offroad peeps want to tear up their own junk on private land it's their business let them play, it's private land.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 133544
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedJeeper View Post
Anti-closure note sent
Have you vetted this guy? what is his charter?
Old 09-17-2019, 09:47 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 143737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj5.5 View Post
It sure sure does seem like a redneck drinking sport. The only people I know who have crossed over from 'wheeling to SxSing were mud boggers. Hmm...
100% accurate
Old 09-17-2019, 09:48 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 377
Quote:

A lot of truth to this. We have to try to police our own (even if we sure as hell don't want to claim them as our own) because you better believe that the enviro-Nazis, hikers, bird watchers, mountain bikers, etc. see us all as one in the same. I get a lot of push back from fellow mountain bikers when I point out that even though you may not particularly like sharing the trail with dirt bikes you better support their access because right now you're just an ally of convenience trying to get them banned. The hikers will come after your access next. They don't want you out there either.
east_beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2019, 10:21 AM   #16 (permalink)
Oh Jesus Tits....

Member # 17554
Done. Thanks OP for posting this. This is in my backyard. The extensive closures over the past several years on Tonto NF has made so many trails disappear. I'm sick of it, and I'm even more sick of paying the price for a few assholes (usually kids) who blaze their own trails on quads and SxS's.

When you see it, get a plate number and report them! EVERY TIME.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:52 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 869312
Thank you, fellas!

We have generated about 60 comments in the past 24 hours.

Unfortunately, the entire country is dealing with this same issue. We got some good ol friends in Utah working hard to generate comments for us. This issue might end up on The County Seat, a Utah based TV show aimed at land use issues in Utah.

I am also reaching out to many YouTubers, instagramers and others who have thousands of followers.

Don't forget to share it with your friends.

Thanks again, everyone!
Old 09-17-2019, 09:58 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 869312
Quote:

I agree my friend. Our land managers are overwhelmed. There should be a special license required to operate an OHV. There is a special license for motorcycles, why not UTVs?
Old 09-18-2019, 06:47 AM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 188882
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBCE View Post
I agree my friend. Our land managers are overwhelmed. There should be a special license required to operate an OHV. There is a special license for motorcycles, why not UTVs?
before some outraged old timer "aint no gubment gon' control me" type shit gets posted let me say that^ isnt a terrible idea

something like a hunting/fishing license with offroad vehicle stuff

just dont have it ran thru the DMV
arickvan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2019, 06:55 AM   #20 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 133544
Quote:
Originally Posted by arickvan View Post
before some outraged old timer "aint no gubment gon' control me" type shit gets posted let me say that^ isnt a terrible idea

Cool, another Californian telling Arizona how to run a Forest.
Old 09-18-2019, 07:03 AM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 188882
Quote:
Cool, another Californian telling Arizona how to run a Forest.
it was his idea!
arickvan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2019, 07:08 AM   #22 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 133544
Would be nice if you could concentrate on opening up Glamis again or stop the paving of the Rubicon? How about making it legal to have a cold beer sitting on the Beach.
Old 09-18-2019, 07:43 AM   #23 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 133544
Quote:
Originally Posted by arickvan View Post

Oh and we already have this and it is run through the DMV. OHV under a certain weight, iirc 1300lbs. require a tag. The proceeds from this tag go to supporting leo's in green and white trucks that now work closely with the County Sheriff, even working off the same repeater.
In my neck of the woods the forest trails are tight and twisty strewn with baby heads, ruts and nasty green puddles. We don't get the Hotrod UTV's like Flecker gets, he has long go fast dirt roads, completely different forest.
Pretty sure The travel management plan will never make it into the Tonto. The Ranchers need access to their allotments, the Miners need access to their claims. The local communities need the revenue to support the people.
It boils down to the money, banging your head on the steering wheel to change the government will give you a headache.
Stopped in the Mesa Ranger Station last week to pick up a National Forest Pass.
I asked the Ranger, Has the travel management plan been implemented in the Tonto, no. Do you have a current map of the freshly signed trails, last map 2015. leos and special groups (sar) have accurate up to date maps.
Can I go wherever I want in the Tonto Forest? answer yes.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:14 AM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 23744
Location: White Mtns., Arizona... it's on the map, just not on any map!
Quote:
Oh and we already have this and it is run through the DMV. OHV under a certain weight, iirc 1300lbs. require a tag. The proceeds from this tag go to supporting leo's in green and white trucks that now work closely with the County Sheriff, even working off the same repeater.
In my neck of the woods the forest trails are tight and twisty strewn with baby heads, ruts and nasty green puddles. We don't get the Hotrod UTV's like Flecker gets, he has long go fast dirt roads, completely different forest.
Pretty sure The travel management plan will never make it into the Tonto. The Ranchers need access to their allotments, the Miners need access to their claims. The local communities need the revenue to support the people.
It boils down to the money, banging your head on the steering wheel to change the government will give you a headache.
Stopped in the Mesa Ranger Station last week to pick up a National Forest Pass.
I asked the Ranger, Has the travel management plan been implemented in the Tonto, no. Do you have a current map of the freshly signed trails, last map 2015. leos and special groups (sar) have accurate up to date maps.
Can I go wherever I want in the Tonto Forest? answer yes.

Come on man... Have you been up where I live? We have tons of trails that you aren't going to power through with a wot. If I'm honest about it, the cattle ranchers leasing much of this forest land do far more damage than a handful of utv's or atv's. I was up yesterday and I couldn't count the number of cattle that have displaced indigenous animal species, taken grazing areas from elk/ mule deer and antelope, water tanks run dry due to cattle... theres a lot more happening here that meets the criteria of an environmental impact study. More so than some tire tracks over a meadow area. The leased land is also in a wildlife recovery areas. How that happens is beyond me. I will say my piece at the meeting.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:31 AM   #25 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 133544
I agree with the cattle thing there seems to be more every year.

I had a samich at Charlie Clarks in July, does that count.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in