School me on CBD oil - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2019, 12:41 AM   #26 (permalink)

Member # 49939
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelin66bronco View Post
What does that have to do with anything? CBD is zero to .3% Max legally. I've used several, including .3% topically. I'm not the slightest bit worried about testing positive using it that way. I just got tested last week in fact.
A co-worker failed a test while using it. He had been vocal about using it before hand. I guess its certainly possible he was using more than just CBD oil though. Another co-worker seems to have made it through the same test while using it. We get tested often. I would be hard pressed to take that risk.
comeonstart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2019, 02:40 AM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 65706
Quote:
Originally Posted by stjames151 View Post
Lots of THC in the stuff that works usually and some in the stuff that advertises
"THC free" if your work tests. I have had good results personally, but be ready for unwanted meetings.
This. For the reatards like Rockyota. Yes, it works; only if derived from THC. The people getting the max benefit (ie: stopping seizures) aren't using the shit from CB distillery or Vons, durp. So, if it works, it most likely will contain some levels of THC.

For all the non believers, watch Highland on Netflix.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:35 AM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 80349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheepin View Post
I use a salve for back pain every once and a while when it gets really bad. It works really well. My problem is my muscles get to tightening up and won't relax. The salve seems to relax them. If I don't take anything it will be a week of pain before they relax on their own. I don't take any pills of any kind unless I absolutely have to. Messes my stomach up bad.

Have you seen a chiropractor?

I had the same issue from 2004 till last year. Turn out my neck bones were not opening up when i tilt my head down. This caused a shitstorm with my muscles on my lower back. They would tighten and lock up for days at a time.

He did his ninja routine and jack hammered my neck bones open and I have been good as new since.
muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2019, 07:17 AM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 3007
I use it (drops under the tongue) almost daily and have not popped a pill in 8 months. I take it mainly for aches, sore back, etc. A local hippy store sells it, I need to find an online source for better prices and strengths.

Last edited by Bones; 10-01-2019 at 07:19 AM.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2019, 07:20 AM   #30 (permalink)

Member # 3007
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddeprived View Post

I had the same issue from 2004 till last year. Turn out my neck bones were not opening up when i tilt my head down. This caused a shitstorm with my muscles on my lower back. They would tighten and lock up for days at a time.

He did his ninja routine and jack hammered my neck bones open and I have been good as new since.
Talk about snake oil. Chiros are terrible options IMHO
Old 10-01-2019, 07:38 AM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 213125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
I use it (drops under the tongue) almost daily and have not popped a pill in 8 months. I take it mainly for aches, sore back, etc. A local hippy store sells it, I need to find an online source for better prices and strengths.
Lazarus naturals. I get a 60% veteran discount. They have plenty to choose from. I use oil and capsules for anxiety and sleep. Before using it I would toss and turn all night. I usually got 2 to 3 hours of sleep a night. I can now sleep 5 to 6 hours. I still wake up a few times during the night but not every 20 minutes like I used too. A lot of the shit on the market is garbage. There are places that are selling oil that had 50% of the cbds they claim. Some didn’t have any. The oil with a bit of thc in it does work. I tried the thc free oil and it didn’t do shit for me.

Last edited by Aisin; 10-01-2019 at 07:41 AM.
Aisin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2019, 07:40 AM   #32 (permalink)

Member # 89235
Send a message via AIM to kschaper Send a message via Yahoo to kschaper
Quote:
A guy on yellow bullet runs a store and has a decent discount https://hempextracts.com/ YbReview40
kschaper is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2019, 07:45 AM   #33 (permalink)

Member # 213125
Quote:
Originally Posted by kschaper View Post
A guy on yellow bullet runs a store and has a decent discount https://hempextracts.com/ YbReview40
Overpriced
Aisin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2019, 08:10 AM   #34 (permalink)

Member # 3007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kschaper View Post
That's around what I pay locally. They make it really difficult to know what you are getting via their marking
Old 10-01-2019, 10:01 AM   #35 (permalink)

Member # 19251
My hands and fingers are jacked from bending pipe, pulling wire and spinning wire nuts. CBD ointment seems to work for me. Is it a placebo effect, no idea and don't care. I don't have drug testing so that's a non issue.
microtus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2019, 10:25 AM   #36 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 45812
Send a message via AIM to ]4RunnerKid[ Send a message via MSN to ]4RunnerKid[ Send a message via Yahoo to ]4RunnerKid[
we recently started giving it to our dog for her elbow dysplasia and it seems to be helping. she limps a whole lot less now, but we have also limited her activity slightly. not sure if that helps or not...

Party Wagon
locked, geared, caged, topless, dents

2019 Tundra

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ]4RunnerKid[; 10-01-2019 at 10:25 AM.
]4RunnerKid[ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2019, 10:48 AM   #37 (permalink)
Vertical Limits

Member # 26443
Quote:
Talk about snake oil. Chiros are terrible options IMHO
Man, I can get so out of whack being on concrete all day and night sometimes and getting my hips lined back up by a chiro typically fixes my right leg radiating pain and numbness within a day instead of a week if I try to stretch/sauna/rest it out. I bet there are a lot of salesmen out there, I see an old school guy that takes $25 cash, doesn't tell you to come back in until you need it and you are in and out.

for the fastest quick release extinguisher mounts available and UTV parts
blacksheep10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2019, 11:48 AM   #38 (permalink)
Oh Jesus Tits....

Member # 17554
My GF has the high end topical stuff (AZ medical). Doesn't really do anything. It does have menthol in it, which I think is more effective than the CBD itself for muscle aches, etc.

It is proven to help eplileptics wit seizures, etc. but not sure what other things it's effective for. I have to agree with the snake oil assessment.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:58 AM   #39 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 52443
Quote:
Originally Posted by plym49 View Post
Heard a lot about it. What's true, what's hype, what's effective and for what?
Subliminally effective. Not enough studies as well.

Ya don't feel shit. Like as in 0. Can't even fall asleep better.

Not worth the time and effort. Unless you like little sugar balls and know how to use placebo effect to your benefit.....
...smoke a bit of indica low thc instead.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:15 PM   #40 (permalink)

Member # 3007
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheep10 View Post
Man, I can get so out of whack being on concrete all day and night sometimes and getting my hips lined back up by a chiro typically fixes my right leg radiating pain and numbness within a day instead of a week if I try to stretch/sauna/rest it out. I bet there are a lot of salesmen out there, I see an old school guy that takes $25 cash, doesn't tell you to come back in until you need it and you are in and out.
I know many that swear by em, I always walked out in more pain.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:49 PM   #41 (permalink)

Member # 34347
Quote:
Originally Posted by det107 View Post
I read that vaping the stuff helps? Better be careful, it's a gateway drug that will lead to harder stuff... Jobs, families, friends, money will be lost/destroyed plus add in the factor of doing prison time-
Yea that's not true at all.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:59 PM   #42 (permalink)

Member # 3007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOffroader View Post
Yea that's not true at all.
Other than the fact that you look like a white trash retard vaping anything
Old 10-01-2019, 02:26 PM   #43 (permalink)

Member # 34347
Quote:
Other than the fact that you look like a white trash retard vaping anything
I was referring to the gateway drug comment.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:38 PM   #44 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 16699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ View Post
It almost seems to be a placebo to me. I was given a bunch of expensive oil to deal with my shoulder and neck pain. I tried it it did nothing. A friend of mine asked me for the rest of what I had, I gave it to her and it cured everything she had a problem with. This is my non-scientific analysis. If you think itís gonna work and help you it seems to do a lot more than if youíre a skeptic.

Edit I have a lot of pain and I will do almost anything to alleviate it.

That was my experience for the most part. I actually thought it helped and then nothing. I've tried several different types and brands
rockmup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2019, 03:12 PM   #45 (permalink)

Member # 19077
My wife was diagnosed type 1 diabetic last year. She gets headaches when her blood sugar fluctuates too much. Its about the only thing that helps her headaches. She rubs it on and takes the dropper under her tongue. I honestly cant feel anything when have taken it, but im not taking it for an acute pain.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:03 PM   #46 (permalink)

Member # 1792
Quote:

I saw one when I was a teenager after a car accident. I felt worse after. Never went back. Biggest trigger for me is sitting around too much. I need to get up and move around. I'm 5'11 180lbs. So it's not a out of shape thing. Luckily with my current job I am on my feet pretty much all day. Back when I was a roofing supervisor driving from job to job. It was worse.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:17 PM   #47 (permalink)

Member # 151818
Oil from the Devils lettuce.....
That is all!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gregj50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2019, 01:59 AM   #48 (permalink)

Member # 53528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisin View Post
Lazarus naturals.
x2 good solid company

gf has been using lazarus for a couple years now, i rarely use it, some times if im sore from working too hard

tons of professional athletes use it for inflammation, and their use of it has nothing to do with a placebo or it curing cancer
rockyota83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2019, 05:30 AM   #49 (permalink)

Member # 198851
Quote:
Originally Posted by GonPostal View Post
My wife uses it to help counter chemotherapy effects such as nausea and bone ache.

She says it really does take the edge off, feeling crappy....
I'm getting chemo...I smoke a little real weed and it seems to help take the edge off the general shitty feeling...
ADChevy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2019, 06:04 AM   #50 (permalink)

Member # 80349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheepin View Post
Quote:

I saw one when I was a teenager after a car accident. I felt worse after. Never went back. Biggest trigger for me is sitting around too much. I need to get up and move around. I'm 5'11 180lbs. So it's not a out of shape thing. Luckily with my current job I am on my feet pretty much all day. Back when I was a roofing supervisor driving from job to job. It was worse.
Sorry it didn't work for you.

Some issues are not fixable i guess. The guy I saw was highly recommended by many. I was skeptical at first but throwing out my back multiple times a month made me give in. He did a full "investigation" of my issue before attempting a fix. I think he took 7 or 8 xrays in different positions to see where it was out of whack. He said he could fix it and I will be good to go and he did. I never had to return.
muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in