Self checkout at stores taking over. - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

View Poll Results: opinion on self checkout.
Yes I love checking out my own purchases and love being a cashier 31 31.31%
Fawk no I donít wanna check out my own purchases. 50 50.51%
I love eating pork & beans also I can fart up a storm 6 6.06%
I love playing with spring door stops. 12 12.12%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2019, 06:22 AM   #51 (permalink)

Member # 85771
Home Depot just put in upgraded ones. They work awesome and the hand held is great. I don't even need to take stuff out of my cart.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:44 AM   #52 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 18433
What's a checkout line? Grocery delivery FTW!! Payonline and it shows up, dont have to deal with fucktards at the store.

Last edited by Gslander; 10-07-2019 at 07:44 AM.
Gslander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2019, 07:48 AM   #53 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gslander View Post
What's a checkout line? Grocery delivery FTW!! Payonline and it shows up, dont have to deal with fucktards at the store.
I'd never do that unless I'm physically incapable of going to the store. For stuff like meat/fish/veggies I want to see it in person before buying it.
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Salesmen and women. God sells to the ignorant.
SanDiegoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2019, 07:51 AM   #54 (permalink)

Member # 12454
Send a message via AIM to TatonkaII
I love self checkout for <10 items or so. Any more than that you need space.

Our Walmart only has one self check out with a full service area for bagging, etc.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:13 AM   #55 (permalink)

Member # 6421
Fight for $15!
Al Kaholick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2019, 08:46 AM   #56 (permalink)

Member # 48233
The HD's near me just rolled out new POS systems and have a scanner built in. However you still need to have an associate type in your hardware items(individual nuts and bolts), which can be annoying..

It was however disappointing that the new POS system didn't accept Apple Pay/Google wallet/Android Pay

[QUOTE=xyjbeaker;9759686]"mexican food reminds you of my face?"[/QUOTE]
Doc Holiday13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2019, 09:06 AM   #57 (permalink)

Member # 68403
Let's be honest, once all the retail jobs are automated away, most of these people aren't going to go become doctors and dirtbag lawyers. They will just start taking the governments money. Taxpayers get shafted some more, but Chinamart doesn't have to pay as many people, so that's good.

So Billy Bob works at Home Depot to buy shit from Laquisha who works at Walmart to buy shit from Calvin at McDonalds that buys his junk from Brandi-Lynn at Winn Dixie who buys her cigarettes and beer from Shanice at the Quiktrip. Now they're all unemployed, and since Lockheed Martin isn't hiring cashiers, they get to stay home and use the self checkouts when they go shopping on the first Friday every month after the check hits the mailbox.

Last edited by sdmf; 10-07-2019 at 09:21 AM.
sdmf is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2019, 11:08 AM   #58 (permalink)

Member # 253146
Next time all you "Im not a checker, so let them do their job" types are at the store think about this, they handle everything that comes through their line. An hour before you were there a 200 lb. water buffalo with 7 sick crotch fruit went through there. Those sick little disease factories touched every single thing in that cart, no to mention mama cita who just wiped all their snotty noses. The checker will probably use some hand sanitizer, but are you willing to take the chance it will work?

I will handle my own stuff (not counting the stockers or others who may, or may not have handled it). I was a checker at a grocery store years ago, and people are pigs. Its not as bad now that most use a debit/credit card. Money is handled by everyone and is the dirtiest thing in the world. I couldnt wash my hands enough back then.
BLOODBANE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2019, 11:28 AM   #59 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmf View Post
Let's be honest, once all the retail jobs are automated away, most of these people aren't going to go become doctors and dirtbag lawyers. They will just start taking the governments money. Taxpayers get shafted some more, but Chinamart doesn't have to pay as many people, so that's good.

So Billy Bob works at Home Depot to buy shit from Laquisha who works at Walmart to buy shit from Calvin at McDonalds that buys his junk from Brandi-Lynn at Winn Dixie who buys her cigarettes and beer from Shanice at the Quiktrip. Now they're all unemployed, and since Lockheed Martin isn't hiring cashiers, they get to stay home and use the self checkouts when they go shopping on the first Friday every month after the check hits the mailbox.
I bet you're the same person that screamed bloody hell about auto factories using robots and want all cars to be hand built, and damn the cost.
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Old 10-07-2019, 12:05 PM   #60 (permalink)

Member # 38264
Send a message via AIM to budget76
Quote:
Originally Posted by ky scrambled View Post
Home Depot just put in upgraded ones. They work awesome and the hand held is great. I don't even need to take stuff out of my cart.
used a new HD one the other day. my limited experience - that's how the damn things should work. Handheld was super nice and the thing worked quick. no fumbles like the older systems had with certain UPCs
Old 10-07-2019, 01:33 PM   #61 (permalink)

Member # 94747
I prefer self checkout. Unless I have something that has to be removed from a box so assholes can't steal it, then I go to the wait in line register.

Why would you prefer to wait in line behind the cunt that still writes checks, when you can zip through the self checkout before she's done getting a manager clearance?
[COLOR="Red"]MUDDNUTT racing #4531[/COLOR],[COLOR="Cyan"] Falken Tire[/COLOR], [COLOR="Yellow"]ADS[/COLOR], Jimmys4x4,[COLOR="Red"] RuffStuff Specialties[/COLOR], [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ARB usa[/COLOR], [COLOR="Wheat"]Savvy offroad[/COLOR], [COLOR="Silver"]Raceline wheels[/COLOR], John Rants
jr4x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2019, 02:08 PM   #62 (permalink)
I'm not your buddeh

Member # 99624
I would much rather check myself out than to have to talk to people. As the above post says, unless I am buying beer or something.

I don't like people and any chance I can avoid forced unnatural conversation, I will seize the opportunity. I am not above placing my own goods into my own bags while paying for them. I also bring the cart back to the store after unloading it.

ALLAHU ACKBAR! "pop"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
D_JEEPER is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2019, 04:40 PM   #63 (permalink)

Member # 852732
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOODBANE View Post
Tldr hypochondriac shit OMG GERMS!!!!!!!!!.

You gonna die.
Thatg9659 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2019, 04:46 PM   #64 (permalink)

Member # 159257
I had a job as a cashier.
I never expected a discount for doing someone else's job. Loading my own lumber at lowes doesn't offer me a discount.
I use cashiers and treat self checkout like the express lane. Did anyone ever complain about people with more than 10 items at the express lane? Sounds like the new complaint is self checkout.

Costco just added self checkout. I swear it was the fastest self check out I've ever used. Plus it seemed like (only one sample size) everyone respected self checkout for quick in/out and not buying the weekly groceries.

EDIT: Checks haven't required manager clearance in over a decade at any store I've shopped at. They've become digital and the money is instantly withdrawn from checking accounts. It's awesome when people act like they're amazed it's not going to float for a day or two.

Last edited by H8DWINGS; 10-07-2019 at 04:47 PM.
H8DWINGS is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2019, 04:52 PM   #65 (permalink)

Member # 95025
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmf View Post

Posted exactly like someone who doesn't know the first thing about business, or human nature...

President Trump on building the wall:
"THIS IS WHERE WE HOLD THEM!!! THIS IS WHERE WE FIGHT!!! THIS IS WHERE THEY'RE DEPORTED!!!"

V.P.Pence:
BUILD THIS WALL, BOYS!!!

Fearless Indians:
Awe-Ooo!!!
CDA 455 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2019, 05:31 PM   #66 (permalink)

Member # 16505
Send a message via AIM to 92 Green YJ Send a message via Yahoo to 92 Green YJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoCJ View Post
I'd never do that unless I'm physically incapable of going to the store. For stuff like meat/fish/veggies I want to see it in person before buying it.
With a 5 year old and an 8 month old and my crazy work schedule we love instacart for ordering groceries. Donít have to try and squeeze in a supermarket trip and wrangle both kids and all our groceries. Itís great!
Old 10-07-2019, 05:53 PM   #67 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 18433
Quote:
It's actually pretty awesome, and the service I use has better stuff than our local store has.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:04 PM   #68 (permalink)

Member # 68403
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDA 455 View Post
Posted exactly like someone who doesn't know the first thing about business, or human nature...
Hey man, don't hold out now. Why don't you drop some fundamental truths of human nature on us?
sdmf is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2019, 06:14 PM   #69 (permalink)

Member # 199544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatg9659 View Post
You gonna die.
I thought it had to do with workplace random drug testing? Money has traces of coke & can get the boot if it comes back negative-
det107 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2019, 06:28 PM   #70 (permalink)

Member # 53528
Quote:
x2 and i also dont want the shit thats about to expire in a day or two, i check the date on 90% of the stuff i buy and at least 50% of it i reach around and get the fresher stuff in the back.

i want a loaf of bread thats gonna last 7 days not 2
rockyota83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2019, 06:53 PM   #71 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyota83 View Post
x2 and i also dont want the shit thats about to expire in a day or two, i check the date on 90% of the stuff i buy and at least 50% of it i reach around and get the fresher stuff in the back.

i want a loaf of bread thats gonna last 7 days not 2
Absolutely.

Quote:
Old 10-08-2019, 03:46 PM   #72 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 34955
I don't mind self checkout most of the time. What I do mind is using self checkout and then having to show my receipt at the door. When asked for a receipt I usually say "no thank you" and walk right on past. Once the items are paid for they become my property and you don't have a right to search my property...

kmkommes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2019, 04:48 PM   #73 (permalink)

Member # 253146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatg9659 View Post
You gonna die.
I also have a port in my stomach (dialysis port) . I dont take any chances on peritonitis or anything else smart ass. Its called being smart. Go ahead and enjoy that shit out there hero.
BLOODBANE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in