Thank you PG&E - Page 5 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2019, 06:25 AM   #101 (permalink)

Member # 85771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Stubs View Post
But it has been entertaining to some degree.
No doubt
Old 10-10-2019, 08:24 AM   #102 (permalink)

Member # 159257
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain-dweller- View Post
So they wasted their money on a PSPS Weather station and don't use it, and the Forest Service has been performing a controlled burn up until 1 PM today!

Guess the Forest Service has better forecasts or uses real time weather data unlike PG&E which installed the weather stations that supply real time data and they don't use for their decisions.

They can see on the weather station the wind start to pick up and send a command to the remote controlled contactor in less than a minute then off goes that grid. I know a lot more about their system than you likely do!

I have been in the IBEW for many years and have worked with said equipment

edit: Cal-Fire did not go on high alert until late this afternoon also, obviously in "My Area" they could have waited until Wednesday afternoon like USFS and Cal-Fire did
SO PG&E keeps power on, doesn't turn it off to do maintenance and they are the cause of fires, deaths, and everyone is pissed off.

THEN PG&E turns off power to do maintenance and they are the cause of everyone pissed off. AT least no one died and there wasn't a fire.

I guess either way they are damned and make National headlines. New board didn't want to cause a fire and show they're making improvements and they still have Californians saying "don't cut down that tree" so we're turning off your power.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:53 AM   #103 (permalink)

Member # 152210
Quote:
Originally Posted by H8DWINGS View Post
Your son has a high school welding certification, college credits, no job, and a dad talking shit about his friends online.

His friend has a job with the power company offering advancement within the company.
sorry to hear about you having depression and drug problems... that must be why you are reacting the way you are... who would want an untrained, struggling person doing the determination about safety... I guess you would...

my kid has worked all the way through college... and each summer... so you know... sit on it malph.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:58 AM   #104 (permalink)
fvs

Member # 685546
So Newsom was on the news this morning blaming global warming and Trump (while calling for his impeachment) for this mess. Then claiming when the California economy tanks because of the power outages it will cause a blue wave that will ensure democratic victory in the upcoming election.

Is this truly the mentality of its residents????
Old 10-10-2019, 09:02 AM   #105 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 66684
Quote:
Originally Posted by fvs View Post
Well trump is literally Hitler so yes
2big bronco is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2019, 09:12 AM   #106 (permalink)
fvs

Member # 685546
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2big bronco View Post
Well trump is literally Hitler so yes
So completely unable to have rational thoughts or being able to think for themselves.

That's kinda what I figured.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:13 AM   #107 (permalink)

Member # 69633
Location: I live in my body: On the land near Paradise Township, Jefferson State, not by choice.
Newsome is a raving looney, if for no other reason he really thinks this global warming is real and that man on the planet earth has anything to do with it and can do anything about it.

A recall is in the works for him.

Would like to see him tarred and feathered, the asshole thinks he is royalty.
https://youtu.be/CLkF6zLxg_U

Did anyone else see him in town with Trump back several months ago ?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kcr...-know/29393230

Quote:
So Newsom was on the news this morning blaming global warming and Trump (while calling for his impeachment) for this mess. Then claiming when the California economy tanks because of the power outages it will cause a blue wave that will ensure democratic victory in the upcoming election.

Last edited by ParadiseAutoElectric; 10-10-2019 at 10:21 AM.
ParadiseAutoElectric is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2019, 10:24 AM   #108 (permalink)

Member # 159257
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladman View Post
sorry to hear about you having depression and drug problems... that must be why you are reacting the way you are... who would want an untrained, struggling person doing the determination about safety... I guess you would...

my kid has worked all the way through college... and each summer... so you know... sit on it malph.
Apparently the power company wants an untrained, struggling person doing the determination about safety based on them being your son's friend's employer.

I never said your son didn't work. I said his friend has a job (okay career) and your son, when he finishes college, will have a dad talking shit about his friends online, and a piece of paper from his high school welding certification plus college credits.

my depression and drug problems I may or may not have aren't relevant to your son's friend working for PG&E inspecting power lines while your son sits in class and you talk shit about the kid working for PG&E.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:25 AM   #109 (permalink)

Member # 62884
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOODLES View Post
And anyways. You are Pollock pines. How would sly park look if not looking clear cut? Those houses are 20 feet from the road.
There is no house on Sly Park Road, 20 feet from the road. The issue has nothing to do with how close a house is to anything. Maybe I am missing what you are trying to state?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyota83 View Post
yea they just turned it off for fun and or to make a point
Did I ever say that?
I have stated, based on the conditions they made a incorrect decision to turn the power of at the time they did

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaAtieToo View Post
...We've also had pi's mark trees with a big x that only need a trim. Not sure where they find some of those guys
In this area it was ACRT that was contracted to do the evaluation and marking. I met with them several times to find out what their logic was for marking trees. they stated, there were not enough people qualified in the country to do the work they needed to do and were hiring " Taco Bell" employees to do the work (that was their words, meaning no qualifications)

Quote:
do you think pg&e should wait until AFTER it gets windy to shut the power off?:
PG&E should wait until certain conditions are met before de-energizing the system.
in this area they never have come even close to that

Quote:
i hope they keep doing this just to keep annoying all you whiny cunts
Just stating facts, and my own opinion on this issue.
you seems to be the one whining
Old 10-10-2019, 10:27 AM   #110 (permalink)

Member # 152210
reductionism sucks.

Equating the retarded Newsom and the President to the power problem is just making shit up.

The PGE misdeeds and bad actions predate both by many decades. The people who cite the one off folks who fought clearing is missing the vast majority who welcomed it and want more and better stewardship of the power grid.

The grid nationwide is not in great shape... so, if you get frustrated by all the trends that start in california and work their way to your burg, get ready... this bullshit is headed your way and when it gets there, you will hate it.

Note: I am not living in an effected area, but I work in one and I have several friends and many coworkers who are stuck. My places are all pretty well secured against this stuff, but I do not appreciate being a pawn in a game that is so fucking obvious and yet, people are so confused and so reductionist that they cannot grasp it.

It will visit you and you will have maybe a moment where you say 'oh, I get it' followed by a new lie you tell yourself.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:33 AM   #111 (permalink)

Member # 152210
Quote:
Apparently the power company wants an untrained, struggling person doing the determination about safety based on them being your son's friend's employer.

I never said your son didn't work. I said his friend has a job (okay career) and your son, when he finishes college, will have a dad talking shit about his friends online, and a piece of paper from his high school welding certification plus college credits.

my depression and drug problems I may or may not have aren't relevant to your son's friend working for PG&E inspecting power lines while your son sits in class and you talk shit about the kid working for PG&E.
You are either a liar or a retard--> quoted from above

Your son has a high school welding certification, college credits, no job, and a dad talking shit about his friends online.

You state 'no job' no job = does not work.

Shut your fucking mouth. You are an idiot.
Shit talk implies lying and telling stories... The kid had it all, going to school at a good school and blew it all up with cocaine and harder and blamed it on his anxiety over having every opportunity.

I'm glad he is working EXCEPT for his bragging about his CURRENT activities. I haven't named him, just that if he were inspecting my power grid, it would give me pause AND if he is doing that with minimal training WHO ELSE is doing those activities, what are their qualifications, are they making the lines safer?

NOT LIKELY.
Old 10-10-2019, 12:06 PM   #112 (permalink)

Member # 159257
Quote:
You are either a liar or a retard--> quoted from above

You state 'no job' no job = does not work.

Shut your fucking mouth. You are an idiot.
Shit talk implies lying and telling stories... The kid had it all, going to school at a good school and blew it all up with cocaine and harder and blamed it on his anxiety over having every opportunity.

I'm glad he is working EXCEPT for his bragging about his CURRENT activities. I haven't named him, just that if he were inspecting my power grid, it would give me pause AND if he is doing that with minimal training WHO ELSE is doing those activities, what are their qualifications, are they making the lines safer?

NOT LIKELY.
To be fair, you never said your son was working during college until after I said he had no job. Not everyone going to college works while going to school. Not everyone considers working while not in college as having a job while in college. Maybe you should talk to the kid about his qualifications, or his coworkers inspecting the lines.

Know what they call the dumbest kid who meets the minimum qualifications for finishing medical school and might have a cocaine problem to handle his anxiety from school and life? doctor.
Old 10-10-2019, 01:09 PM   #113 (permalink)

Member # 53528
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain-dweller- View Post

They can see on the weather station the wind start to pick up and send a command to the remote controlled contactor in less than a minute then off goes that grid. I know a lot more about their system than you likely do!
and their lawyers will tlel them theres one huge problem with that

if they wait until wind trips that weather station, that same first wind could also knock over a tree the same time as it trips the weather station causing a fire

what do you think their excuse in court will be? "we waited until the weather station thingy told us it was windy"
rockyota83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2019, 01:12 PM   #114 (permalink)

Member # 1956
Quote:

TRUMP'S FAULT!!!

HELL YES!
Old 10-10-2019, 01:13 PM   #115 (permalink)

Member # 53528
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLDWUN View Post
There is no house on Sly Park Road, 20 feet from the road. The issue has nothing to do with how close a house is to anything. Maybe I am missing what you are trying to state?

Did I ever say that?
I have stated, based on the conditions they made a incorrect decision to turn the power of at the time they did

In this area it was ACRT that was contracted to do the evaluation and marking. I met with them several times to find out what their logic was for marking trees. they stated, there were not enough people qualified in the country to do the work they needed to do and were hiring " Taco Bell" employees to do the work (that was their words, meaning no qualifications)

PG&E should wait until certain conditions are met before de-energizing the system.
in this area they never have come even close to that

Just stating facts, and my own opinion on this issue.
you seems to be the one whining

is that what youre doing? to me youre bitching about them turning the power off before you would have

pg&e should turn off the power when they deem it necessary, not when you think the conditions have been met
Old 10-10-2019, 01:22 PM   #116 (permalink)

Member # 102813
Seems like some of you guys need to march down to HR, complain about their employees, and get yourselves hired. That way the job gets done correctly.

[COLOR="Lime"]The good guys...[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Marlin Crawler, Hellfire Fabworks, Dave'z Offroad, gearinstalls.com (Zuk), Diamond Axle, RADesigns, Advanced Adapters, Jantz Engineering, G-Fab motorsports, Got Propane, JHF [/COLOR]
Mr Stubs is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2019, 01:48 PM   #117 (permalink)

Member # 45202
Quote:
is that what youre doing? to me youre bitching about them turning the power off before you would have

pg&e should turn off the power when they deem it necessary, not when you think the conditions have been met
I honestly think that he, along with the others bitching is too stupid to understand how ridiculous they sound.

They clearly are under the impression that pg&e has a bunch of light switches on the wall and someone sitting in every 5 miles radius, reporting active winds.

“Ok Tom, wildwuns neighborhood just reached 15mph winds, flip his light switch off”
Fucking morons
Old 10-10-2019, 01:51 PM   #118 (permalink)

Member # 190804
Y'all are worried about fire danger and have the power pre-preemptively shut off while I'm sitting up here with 4" of snow on the ground and live offgrid. Watching TV, WFH, internet works, lights work etc.

I feel solar power is a good addition to any ones place. If nothing else, you will have power when the grid goes down.
Blakes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2019, 02:01 PM   #119 (permalink)

Member # 25632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakes View Post
Y'all are worried about fire danger and have the power pre-preemptively shut off while I'm sitting up here with 4" of snow on the ground and live offgrid. Watching TV, WFH, internet works, lights work etc.

I feel solar power is a good addition to any ones place. If nothing else, you will have power when the grid goes down.
Ya solar works great when surrounded by 100'+ trees

It's always funny when everyone has a such a simple solution to a complex problem.
YotaAtieToo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2019, 02:07 PM   #120 (permalink)

Member # 53528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakes View Post

i have a propane generator and live on 30 acres several miles down a dirt road, satellite internet and dsl internet, always have 2+weeks worth of food on hand.

barely notice the power is out just cant use my electric oven the same time as my electric water heater

oh and my well pump is solar powered

Last edited by rockyota83; 10-10-2019 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:12 PM   #121 (permalink)

Member # 152210
Quote:
To be fair, you never said your son was working during college until after I said he had no job. Not everyone going to college works while going to school. Not everyone considers working while not in college as having a job while in college. Maybe you should talk to the kid about his qualifications, or his coworkers inspecting the lines.

Know what they call the dumbest kid who meets the minimum qualifications for finishing medical school and might have a cocaine problem to handle his anxiety from school and life? doctor.
know what they call people who defend drug addicts inspecting important systems? I'll bet they don't call them very smart. But, go ahead, defend the drug addict inspecting the lines. I just hope your generosity doesn't cost someone else.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:46 PM   #122 (permalink)

Member # 45202
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaAtieToo View Post
Ya solar works great when surrounded by 100'+ trees

It's always funny when everyone has a such a simple solution to a complex problem.
Propane, gasoline or diesel powered generators are readily available all over the place. A whole house backup generator can easily be had and installed for under 10k.

I just solved your “complex” Problem. If this is too much to handle or afford, move into town.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:49 PM   #123 (permalink)

Member # 45202
Quote:
know what they call people who defend drug addicts inspecting important systems? I'll bet they don't call them very smart. But, go ahead, defend the drug addict inspecting the lines. I just hope your generosity doesn't cost someone else.
I’m calling bullshit on everything you’re saying. Otherwise PM me your “sons friend” name and I’ll pass it along to the right people since he’s such a danger.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:55 PM   #124 (permalink)

Member # 152210
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbuggy84 View Post
I’m calling bullshit on everything you’re saying. Otherwise PM me your “sons friend” name and I’ll pass it along to the right people since he’s such a danger.
already accomplished there self appointed rules maker....
Old 10-10-2019, 03:00 PM   #125 (permalink)

Member # 45202
Quote:
already accomplished there self appointed rules maker....
Are you trying to tell me that a kid with no degree, on drugs in his low 20’s has moved up so high in pg&e to a position that he’s untouchable?

Last edited by rockbuggy84; 10-10-2019 at 03:01 PM.
rockbuggy84 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in