Classic liberal - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2019, 10:33 AM   #26 (permalink)

Member # 28880
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumping View Post
We have, and you still bitch about it when it's called bullshit in every thread you bring it up in.

So....now what?
Of course I bitch dude. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but it's kind of my thing.
Harry Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 10:35 AM   #27 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 186755
OP's co worker is going to shitty beer festivals.

If he can get a another beer before his first beer is finished, he's drinking too slowly or the lines aren't long enough

Maybe its living in CA, but I haven't been to a beer festival that uses disposable cups. Usually get a nice glass at the beginning and use that all day. Booths have pitchers of water to clean it out between pours.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:40 AM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 112738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ View Post
I like going good beer is good.
Yeah, well I don't drink beer. I drink Coors Light!
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 10:40 AM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 85483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Johnson View Post
Of course I bitch dude. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but it's kind of my thing.
Well, at least there's one thing in life you're really good at. Some people don't even have that
Old 10-11-2019, 10:42 AM   #30 (permalink)

Member # 28880
Quote:
Well, at least there's one thing in life you're really good at. Some people don't even have that
Sometimes it gets me a discount at Denny's

...just kidding, I don't go to Denny's. They use plastic straws.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:49 AM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 226216
Harry,
I am waiting for the liberals to apologize to the earth and its citizens for being the worst thing to happen to it since the 60’s.

This environmental movement has been moved only using knee jerk reactions and limited “facts” at best. Do you remember when the Sierra Club and Green Peace were trying to protect the ozone layer and stop acid rain by ending forestry? One of their main solutions was to stop using paper products where an environmentally friendly product like plastic could be used. Corporations loved the idea because it saved them boat loads but consumers weren’t to keen on it. I remember the sierra club sending a representative to talk to us grocery store employees so we could tell the customers how much better plastic was. Plastic bags, plastic bottles, if they were intrigued then how bad aluminum cans and glass bottles were.

So yea most of us that really paid attention to the ecomovement saw it was based ob emotions and not facts.

Or shall we talk spotted owls as well? Like how they wrongfully decided that they only live in old growth forests and clear cuts would have zero benefit for them. Turn out they live in any mature forest up here, ie over 30 years, and hunt in clear cuts when available. But when they passed laws shutting down logging based of incomplete information and would not listen to anyone that actually worked in the woods, many and I mean many people that depended on logging to feed their family went in to the woods and shot every spotted owl they saw so their logging sites would not get shut down. The ecomovement is driven by money and they use feeling over facts to keep it going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thefishguy77 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 10:53 AM   #32 (permalink)
Wut?

Member # 20114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holiday13 View Post
He's going to some beer festival
All you need do, is point out what a hipster gay boy he is for going to a "beer festival" and walk away.

Quote:
When I'm the voice of reason, it's a pretty good indication that someone's doing it wrong.
Overbear is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 11:00 AM   #33 (permalink)

Member # 95763
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/f6dc4d8...f-79a83393ba32
KarlVP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 12:04 PM   #34 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 138976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy356 View Post
OP's title sucks.

Classical Liberal looks nothing like Modern Liberal.

and this has nothing to do Classical Liberals
word, i was fucking confused

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 12:09 PM   #35 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 138976
Quote:
This thread is a giant circle jerk of strawman stereotypes.

I'm one of those adamant about saving the earth type people. I don't ask anyone to do anything other than to consider the published data(yea yea, I get it, you guys think it's bullshit, stfu), and make an informed decision themselves while I do what I can to make sure I'm doing my part.

As someone said above, yeah, my thermostat is set low in the winter and I don't own AC. Yeah, I limit plastics anywhere I can and spend my money with businesses that do the same. I fix and reuse all my junk, buy rechargeable batteries, have reusable cloth napkins and dishtowels instead of paper towels, and I try to buy any bulk liquids that I purchase(beer) from a local source so less energy is used trucking it in from other places.

And if you don't do it? I don't care, I'm not your mom, I don't have to tell you have to live your life, but if you bitch about my lifestyle then you can fuck right off.
so we live about the same lifestyle, nothing wrong with that. that doesn't change the fact that your idealism of government forced conservation is good or positive in any way

no reason you can't agree with the below reality and live a low impact (and also fiscally responsible) life

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefishguy77 View Post
Harry,
I am waiting for the liberals to apologize to the earth and its citizens for being the worst thing to happen to it since the 60’s.

This environmental movement has been moved only using knee jerk reactions and limited “facts” at best. Do you remember when the Sierra Club and Green Peace were trying to protect the ozone layer and stop acid rain by ending forestry? One of their main solutions was to stop using paper products where an environmentally friendly product like plastic could be used. Corporations loved the idea because it saved them boat loads but consumers weren’t to keen on it. I remember the sierra club sending a representative to talk to us grocery store employees so we could tell the customers how much better plastic was. Plastic bags, plastic bottles, if they were intrigued then how bad aluminum cans and glass bottles were.

So yea most of us that really paid attention to the ecomovement saw it was based ob emotions and not facts.

Or shall we talk spotted owls as well? Like how they wrongfully decided that they only live in old growth forests and clear cuts would have zero benefit for them. Turn out they live in any mature forest up here, ie over 30 years, and hunt in clear cuts when available. But when they passed laws shutting down logging based of incomplete information and would not listen to anyone that actually worked in the woods, many and I mean many people that depended on logging to feed their family went in to the woods and shot every spotted owl they saw so their logging sites would not get shut down. The ecomovement is driven by money and they use feeling over facts to keep it going.

Old 10-11-2019, 12:39 PM   #36 (permalink)

Member # 28880
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefishguy77 View Post
Harry,

I do remember those movements and that talk. I was too young to be anything but a bystander hearing about it. Just because an idea gets traction in the general population does not make it a good one. I got the Reduce, Reuse, Recycle talk in middle school, but I do also remember people in line at the grocery store picking plastic when asked "paper or plastic" to help save a tree.

I'm sure there are a ton of people out there overcorrecting one way or another. The trick is not to judge an idea by the craziest fringe. I don't think all conservatives are going to dump their antifreeze down the storm drain and throw their mcdonalds wrappers out the window, but pirate seems to think all liberals are mindlessly attacking people who have plastic cups and aren't driving a Prius. Most of us are not, but they're not the fun ones to feature in the news every day.

Meanwhile, we've now got people who think this crazy bullshit is "classic liberal". This makes coming to an understanding hard if one side, or both sides, believe the other to be completely insane or unreasonable.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:41 PM   #37 (permalink)

Member # 28880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provience View Post
so we live about the same lifestyle, nothing wrong with that. that doesn't change the fact that your idealism of government forced conservation is good or positive in any way

no reason you can't agree with the below reality and live a low impact (and also fiscally responsible) life
You're right. But if I had to choose where my taxpayer money goes, it would be to revamp our energy generation and infrastructure in the US. (Nuclear for the win)
Old 10-11-2019, 12:51 PM   #38 (permalink)
Surgical Shotgunner

Member # 111524
Quote:
You're right. But if I had to choose where my taxpayer money goes, it would be to revamp our energy generation and infrastructure in the US. (Nuclear for the win)
the energy infrastructure revamp is happening, in many places (not sure about california other than just turning it off periodically), but it doesnt get much fanfare.

Nuclear would be a windfall to everyone but it wont happen. and its because of your people.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:54 PM   #39 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 138976
Quote:
I do remember those movements and that talk. I was too young to be anything but a bystander hearing about it. Just because an idea gets traction in the general population does not make it a good one. I got the Reduce, Reuse, Recycle talk in middle school, but I do also remember people in line at the grocery store picking plastic when asked "paper or plastic" to help save a tree.

I'm sure there are a ton of people out there overcorrecting one way or another. The trick is not to judge an idea by the craziest fringe. I don't think all conservatives are going to dump their antifreeze down the storm drain and throw their mcdonalds wrappers out the window, but pirate seems to think all liberals are mindlessly attacking people who have plastic cups and aren't driving a Prius. Most of us are not, but they're not the fun ones to feature in the news every day.

Meanwhile, we've now got people who think this crazy bullshit is "classic liberal". This makes coming to an understanding hard if one side, or both sides, believe the other to be completely insane or unreasonable.
tell that to the UN climate counsel

also, antifreeze isnt' really bad for your storm drain

Old 10-11-2019, 01:36 PM   #40 (permalink)

Member # 777769
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbuggy84 View Post
Hipsters, overweight sports fans and people that say “bro”.
Nailed it
Rubirunner85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 01:37 PM   #41 (permalink)

Member # 85483
Quote:
The problem you don't seem to grasp is those that you support, think you are as stupid as the rest of us and they KNOW what's best for you.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:39 PM   #42 (permalink)

Member # 28880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provience View Post
tell that to the UN climate counsel

also, antifreeze isnt' really bad for your storm drain
Antifeeze is bad for living things to ingest. Storm drains go to where living things either drink or swim in. So I'm going to go with it's bad, but yeah, I should have picked motor oil.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:43 PM   #43 (permalink)

Member # 28880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas97 View Post
Nuclear would be a windfall to everyone but it wont happen. and its because of your people.
Well hopefully there are more people like me that can change some minds on this side of the aisle.

The crazies bark the loudest and get the most press coverage.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:46 PM   #44 (permalink)

Member # 28880
Quote:
The problem you don't seem to grasp is those that you support, think you are as stupid as the rest of us and they KNOW what's best for you.
The difference between me and you is I don't care who thinks I'm stupid. If I did, I wouldn't post here.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:46 PM   #45 (permalink)

Member # 85483
Quote:
Well hopefully there are more people like me that can change some minds on this side of the aisle.

The crazies bark the loudest and get the most press coverage.
And exactly, how's that been working? Seems the left has gone further left in the last 3 years than ever before. And I'm not just talking political shit bags.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:47 PM   #46 (permalink)

Member # 85483
Quote:
The difference between me and you is I don't care who thinks I'm stupid. If I did, I wouldn't post here.
When smacked, do you thank them and ask for another?

Not caring is one thing, but supporting them is another.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:54 PM   #47 (permalink)

Member # 28880
Quote:
When smacked, do you thank them and ask for another?

No one has ever metaphorically smacked me. My life is pretty good so far.

I like the idea of energy independence and doing whatever it is the human race can do to limit the amount of non-renewable resources we use. I'm also a fan of not polluting the ocean, since at a macro level humanity seems pretty dependant on it and a micro level, I want to surf in it without getting a sore throat.

Because those to things are important to me, and because we have this silly two-party system here in the US, I really only have one side that is supporting my two views.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:54 PM   #48 (permalink)

Member # 226216
Quote:

This. Most people on here dont care. But we also typically dont wave the flag of stupid. Republicans and Democrats as parties are so fucking stupid and lost from their origins that supporting them is stupid. Waving their flag is moronic.

thefishguy77 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 01:54 PM   #49 (permalink)

Member # 28880
Quote:
And exactly, how's that been working? Seems the left has gone further left in the last 3 years than ever before. And I'm not just talking political shit bags.
It's been going pretty badly lately. I'm an optimist, so I'm banking on a correction here pretty soon.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:56 PM   #50 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 151139
Quote:
This thread is a giant circle jerk of strawman stereotypes.

I'm one of those adamant about saving the earth type people. I don't ask anyone to do anything other than to consider the published data(yea yea, I get it, you guys think it's bullshit, stfu), and make an informed decision themselves while I do what I can to make sure I'm doing my part.

As someone said above, yeah, my thermostat is set low in the winter and I don't own AC. Yeah, I limit plastics anywhere I can and spend my money with businesses that do the same. I fix and reuse all my junk, buy rechargeable batteries, have reusable cloth napkins and dishtowels instead of paper towels, and I try to buy any bulk liquids that I purchase(beer) from a local source so less energy is used trucking it in from other places.

And if you don't do it? I don't care, I'm not your mom, I don't have to tell you have to live your life, but if you bitch about my lifestyle then you can fuck right off.
https://www.nbcnews.com/video/sen-te...ge-70172741957

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in