Classic liberal - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2019, 10:33 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Member # 28880
Location: Spreckels, Ca
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumping View Post
We have, and you still bitch about it when it's called bullshit in every thread you bring it up in.

So....now what?
Of course I bitch dude. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but it's kind of my thing.
Harry Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 10:35 AM   #27 (permalink)
Granite Guru
 
slobrorunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Member # 186755
Location: San Luis Obispo CA
Posts: 677
OP's co worker is going to shitty beer festivals.

If he can get a another beer before his first beer is finished, he's drinking too slowly or the lines aren't long enough

Maybe its living in CA, but I haven't been to a beer festival that uses disposable cups. Usually get a nice glass at the beginning and use that all day. Booths have pitchers of water to clean it out between pours.
__________________
95 Barbie Jeep
slobrorunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 10:40 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Member # 112738
Posts: 2,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ View Post
I like going good beer is good.
Yeah, well I don't drink beer. I drink Coors Light!
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 10:40 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member # 85483
Posts: 23,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Johnson View Post
Of course I bitch dude. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but it's kind of my thing.
Well, at least there's one thing in life you're really good at. Some people don't even have that
__________________
Today, truth has been forced to take a back seat to political correctness
thumping is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 10:42 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Member # 28880
Location: Spreckels, Ca
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumping View Post
Well, at least there's one thing in life you're really good at. Some people don't even have that
Sometimes it gets me a discount at Denny's








...just kidding, I don't go to Denny's. They use plastic straws.
Harry Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 10:49 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Member # 226216
Location: Lewis County, Washington
Posts: 3,206
Harry,
I am waiting for the liberals to apologize to the earth and its citizens for being the worst thing to happen to it since the 60’s.

This environmental movement has been moved only using knee jerk reactions and limited “facts” at best. Do you remember when the Sierra Club and Green Peace were trying to protect the ozone layer and stop acid rain by ending forestry? One of their main solutions was to stop using paper products where an environmentally friendly product like plastic could be used. Corporations loved the idea because it saved them boat loads but consumers weren’t to keen on it. I remember the sierra club sending a representative to talk to us grocery store employees so we could tell the customers how much better plastic was. Plastic bags, plastic bottles, if they were intrigued then how bad aluminum cans and glass bottles were.

So yea most of us that really paid attention to the ecomovement saw it was based ob emotions and not facts.

Or shall we talk spotted owls as well? Like how they wrongfully decided that they only live in old growth forests and clear cuts would have zero benefit for them. Turn out they live in any mature forest up here, ie over 30 years, and hunt in clear cuts when available. But when they passed laws shutting down logging based of incomplete information and would not listen to anyone that actually worked in the woods, many and I mean many people that depended on logging to feed their family went in to the woods and shot every spotted owl they saw so their logging sites would not get shut down. The ecomovement is driven by money and they use feeling over facts to keep it going.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thefishguy77 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 10:53 AM   #32 (permalink)
Wut?
 
Overbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Member # 20114
Location: somewhere in WA
Posts: 14,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holiday13 View Post
He's going to some beer festival
All you need do, is point out what a hipster gay boy he is for going to a "beer festival" and walk away.
__________________
“Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.”-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814,

Quote:
When I'm the voice of reason, it's a pretty good indication that someone's doing it wrong.
Overbear is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 11:00 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Member # 95763
Location: Pimptastic, WA
Posts: 680
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/f6dc4d8...f-79a83393ba32
KarlVP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 12:04 PM   #34 (permalink)
Custom User Title
 
Provience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Member # 138976
Location: Thurston County, WA
Posts: 28,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy356 View Post
OP's title sucks.

Classical Liberal looks nothing like Modern Liberal.

and this has nothing to do Classical Liberals
word, i was fucking confused
__________________
up is difficult, down is dangerous

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 12:09 PM   #35 (permalink)
Custom User Title
 
Provience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Member # 138976
Location: Thurston County, WA
Posts: 28,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Johnson View Post
This thread is a giant circle jerk of strawman stereotypes.

I'm one of those adamant about saving the earth type people. I don't ask anyone to do anything other than to consider the published data(yea yea, I get it, you guys think it's bullshit, stfu), and make an informed decision themselves while I do what I can to make sure I'm doing my part.

As someone said above, yeah, my thermostat is set low in the winter and I don't own AC. Yeah, I limit plastics anywhere I can and spend my money with businesses that do the same. I fix and reuse all my junk, buy rechargeable batteries, have reusable cloth napkins and dishtowels instead of paper towels, and I try to buy any bulk liquids that I purchase(beer) from a local source so less energy is used trucking it in from other places.

And if you don't do it? I don't care, I'm not your mom, I don't have to tell you have to live your life, but if you bitch about my lifestyle then you can fuck right off.
so we live about the same lifestyle, nothing wrong with that. that doesn't change the fact that your idealism of government forced conservation is good or positive in any way

no reason you can't agree with the below reality and live a low impact (and also fiscally responsible) life


Quote:
Originally Posted by thefishguy77 View Post
Harry,
I am waiting for the liberals to apologize to the earth and its citizens for being the worst thing to happen to it since the 60’s.

This environmental movement has been moved only using knee jerk reactions and limited “facts” at best. Do you remember when the Sierra Club and Green Peace were trying to protect the ozone layer and stop acid rain by ending forestry? One of their main solutions was to stop using paper products where an environmentally friendly product like plastic could be used. Corporations loved the idea because it saved them boat loads but consumers weren’t to keen on it. I remember the sierra club sending a representative to talk to us grocery store employees so we could tell the customers how much better plastic was. Plastic bags, plastic bottles, if they were intrigued then how bad aluminum cans and glass bottles were.

So yea most of us that really paid attention to the ecomovement saw it was based ob emotions and not facts.

Or shall we talk spotted owls as well? Like how they wrongfully decided that they only live in old growth forests and clear cuts would have zero benefit for them. Turn out they live in any mature forest up here, ie over 30 years, and hunt in clear cuts when available. But when they passed laws shutting down logging based of incomplete information and would not listen to anyone that actually worked in the woods, many and I mean many people that depended on logging to feed their family went in to the woods and shot every spotted owl they saw so their logging sites would not get shut down. The ecomovement is driven by money and they use feeling over facts to keep it going.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
up is difficult, down is dangerous

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 12:39 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Member # 28880
Location: Spreckels, Ca
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefishguy77 View Post
Harry,
I am waiting for the liberals to apologize to the earth and its citizens for being the worst thing to happen to it since the 60’s.

This environmental movement has been moved only using knee jerk reactions and limited “facts” at best. Do you remember when the Sierra Club and Green Peace were trying to protect the ozone layer and stop acid rain by ending forestry? One of their main solutions was to stop using paper products where an environmentally friendly product like plastic could be used. Corporations loved the idea because it saved them boat loads but consumers weren’t to keen on it. I remember the sierra club sending a representative to talk to us grocery store employees so we could tell the customers how much better plastic was. Plastic bags, plastic bottles, if they were intrigued then how bad aluminum cans and glass bottles were.

So yea most of us that really paid attention to the ecomovement saw it was based ob emotions and not facts.

Or shall we talk spotted owls as well? Like how they wrongfully decided that they only live in old growth forests and clear cuts would have zero benefit for them. Turn out they live in any mature forest up here, ie over 30 years, and hunt in clear cuts when available. But when they passed laws shutting down logging based of incomplete information and would not listen to anyone that actually worked in the woods, many and I mean many people that depended on logging to feed their family went in to the woods and shot every spotted owl they saw so their logging sites would not get shut down. The ecomovement is driven by money and they use feeling over facts to keep it going.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do remember those movements and that talk. I was too young to be anything but a bystander hearing about it. Just because an idea gets traction in the general population does not make it a good one. I got the Reduce, Reuse, Recycle talk in middle school, but I do also remember people in line at the grocery store picking plastic when asked "paper or plastic" to help save a tree.

I'm sure there are a ton of people out there overcorrecting one way or another. The trick is not to judge an idea by the craziest fringe. I don't think all conservatives are going to dump their antifreeze down the storm drain and throw their mcdonalds wrappers out the window, but pirate seems to think all liberals are mindlessly attacking people who have plastic cups and aren't driving a Prius. Most of us are not, but they're not the fun ones to feature in the news every day.

Meanwhile, we've now got people who think this crazy bullshit is "classic liberal". This makes coming to an understanding hard if one side, or both sides, believe the other to be completely insane or unreasonable.
Harry Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 12:41 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Member # 28880
Location: Spreckels, Ca
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provience View Post
so we live about the same lifestyle, nothing wrong with that. that doesn't change the fact that your idealism of government forced conservation is good or positive in any way

no reason you can't agree with the below reality and live a low impact (and also fiscally responsible) life
You're right. But if I had to choose where my taxpayer money goes, it would be to revamp our energy generation and infrastructure in the US. (Nuclear for the win)
Harry Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 12:51 PM   #38 (permalink)
Surgical Shotgunner
 
Texas97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Member # 111524
Location: Texas... we dont F*&*% around
Posts: 15,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Johnson View Post
You're right. But if I had to choose where my taxpayer money goes, it would be to revamp our energy generation and infrastructure in the US. (Nuclear for the win)
the energy infrastructure revamp is happening, in many places (not sure about california other than just turning it off periodically), but it doesnt get much fanfare.

Nuclear would be a windfall to everyone but it wont happen. and its because of your people.
__________________
shhhh.....
Texas97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 12:54 PM   #39 (permalink)
Custom User Title
 
Provience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Member # 138976
Location: Thurston County, WA
Posts: 28,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Johnson View Post
I do remember those movements and that talk. I was too young to be anything but a bystander hearing about it. Just because an idea gets traction in the general population does not make it a good one. I got the Reduce, Reuse, Recycle talk in middle school, but I do also remember people in line at the grocery store picking plastic when asked "paper or plastic" to help save a tree.

I'm sure there are a ton of people out there overcorrecting one way or another. The trick is not to judge an idea by the craziest fringe. I don't think all conservatives are going to dump their antifreeze down the storm drain and throw their mcdonalds wrappers out the window, but pirate seems to think all liberals are mindlessly attacking people who have plastic cups and aren't driving a Prius. Most of us are not, but they're not the fun ones to feature in the news every day.

Meanwhile, we've now got people who think this crazy bullshit is "classic liberal". This makes coming to an understanding hard if one side, or both sides, believe the other to be completely insane or unreasonable.
tell that to the UN climate counsel

also, antifreeze isnt' really bad for your storm drain
__________________
up is difficult, down is dangerous

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 01:36 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Member # 777769
Posts: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbuggy84 View Post
Hipsters, overweight sports fans and people that say “bro”.
Nailed it
__________________
https://
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My dog will eat you
Rubirunner85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 01:37 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member # 85483
Posts: 23,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Johnson View Post
You're right. But if I had to choose where my taxpayer money goes, it would be to revamp our energy generation and infrastructure in the US. (Nuclear for the win)
The problem you don't seem to grasp is those that you support, think you are as stupid as the rest of us and they KNOW what's best for you.
__________________
Today, truth has been forced to take a back seat to political correctness
thumping is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 01:39 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Member # 28880
Location: Spreckels, Ca
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provience View Post
tell that to the UN climate counsel

also, antifreeze isnt' really bad for your storm drain
Antifeeze is bad for living things to ingest. Storm drains go to where living things either drink or swim in. So I'm going to go with it's bad, but yeah, I should have picked motor oil.
Harry Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 01:43 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Member # 28880
Location: Spreckels, Ca
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas97 View Post
Nuclear would be a windfall to everyone but it wont happen. and its because of your people.
Well hopefully there are more people like me that can change some minds on this side of the aisle.

The crazies bark the loudest and get the most press coverage.
Harry Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 01:46 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Member # 28880
Location: Spreckels, Ca
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumping View Post
The problem you don't seem to grasp is those that you support, think you are as stupid as the rest of us and they KNOW what's best for you.
The difference between me and you is I don't care who thinks I'm stupid. If I did, I wouldn't post here.
Harry Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 01:46 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member # 85483
Posts: 23,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Johnson View Post
Well hopefully there are more people like me that can change some minds on this side of the aisle.

The crazies bark the loudest and get the most press coverage.
And exactly, how's that been working? Seems the left has gone further left in the last 3 years than ever before. And I'm not just talking political shit bags.
__________________
Today, truth has been forced to take a back seat to political correctness
thumping is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 01:47 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member # 85483
Posts: 23,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Johnson View Post
The difference between me and you is I don't care who thinks I'm stupid. If I did, I wouldn't post here.
When smacked, do you thank them and ask for another?

Not caring is one thing, but supporting them is another.
__________________
Today, truth has been forced to take a back seat to political correctness
thumping is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 01:54 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Member # 28880
Location: Spreckels, Ca
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumping View Post
When smacked, do you thank them and ask for another?

Not caring is one thing, but supporting them is another.
No one has ever metaphorically smacked me. My life is pretty good so far.

I like the idea of energy independence and doing whatever it is the human race can do to limit the amount of non-renewable resources we use. I'm also a fan of not polluting the ocean, since at a macro level humanity seems pretty dependant on it and a micro level, I want to surf in it without getting a sore throat.

Because those to things are important to me, and because we have this silly two-party system here in the US, I really only have one side that is supporting my two views.
Harry Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 01:54 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Member # 226216
Location: Lewis County, Washington
Posts: 3,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumping View Post



Not caring is one thing, but supporting them is another.

This. Most people on here dont care. But we also typically dont wave the flag of stupid. Republicans and Democrats as parties are so fucking stupid and lost from their origins that supporting them is stupid. Waving their flag is moronic.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thefishguy77 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 01:54 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Member # 28880
Location: Spreckels, Ca
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumping View Post
And exactly, how's that been working? Seems the left has gone further left in the last 3 years than ever before. And I'm not just talking political shit bags.
It's been going pretty badly lately. I'm an optimist, so I'm banking on a correction here pretty soon.
Harry Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 01:56 PM   #50 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!
 
Grumpy356's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Member # 151139
Location: Brazoria County Texas
Posts: 8,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Johnson View Post
This thread is a giant circle jerk of strawman stereotypes.

I'm one of those adamant about saving the earth type people. I don't ask anyone to do anything other than to consider the published data(yea yea, I get it, you guys think it's bullshit, stfu), and make an informed decision themselves while I do what I can to make sure I'm doing my part.

As someone said above, yeah, my thermostat is set low in the winter and I don't own AC. Yeah, I limit plastics anywhere I can and spend my money with businesses that do the same. I fix and reuse all my junk, buy rechargeable batteries, have reusable cloth napkins and dishtowels instead of paper towels, and I try to buy any bulk liquids that I purchase(beer) from a local source so less energy is used trucking it in from other places.

And if you don't do it? I don't care, I'm not your mom, I don't have to tell you have to live your life, but if you bitch about my lifestyle then you can fuck right off.
https://www.nbcnews.com/video/sen-te...ge-70172741957
__________________
Mass quantities of anxiety, internal conflict and discontent, all balled up in one short, tattooed body.
Grumpy356 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.