Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chit-Chat (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Classic liberal (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2690102)

Doc Holiday13 10-11-2019 06:46 AM

Classic liberal

So a liberal dude I work with was bitching at me yesterday. He's going to some beer festival that he goes to every year, but this year the festival is cutting back on the generating of waste. Plastic waste to be exact, so they're distributing reusable glasses to all the guest.

He's bitching because he won't be able to grab like 3 beers and then go sit and hang out.

My response to him was literally "so let me get this right. you scream about how we need to stop using plastics, then bitch when plastics are no longer offered. Its called cause and effect and unintended consequences"

I was literally floored when he started bitching about that, and when I called him on his hypocrisy he said "well its a festival, it shouldn't be inconvenient"

Festivals are the ideal place to implement such a thing as reusable cups because bajillions of single use cups are thrown away at festivals lol

DirtRoads 10-11-2019 06:51 AM

Dude sounds like a tard. I've been to a bunch of those festivals, every single one gave you a reusable nice plastic mug at the beginning for your brew that never seemed to be empty :grinpimp:

Joe_W 10-11-2019 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtRoads (Post 44639476)
Dude sounds like a tard. I've been to a bunch of those festivals, every single one gave you a reusable nice plastic mug at the beginning for your brew that never seemed to be empty :grinpimp:

I don't think I've ever been to a beer fest that didn't have reusable cups :confused:

Elvis38 10-11-2019 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe_W (Post 44639494)
I don't think I've ever been to a beer fest that didn't have reusable cups :confused:

Bring a big ass Cooler and your own cup. Couple gallons of beer for group and no waiting.

det107 10-11-2019 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc Holiday13 (Post 44639464)

Did you punch him/her in the mouth to shut him up? Or at least "stand your ground" & push the bitch to the floor?

Somebody post up that "I'll have one beer" meme :flipoff2:

IEATRKS84 10-11-2019 07:14 AM

The people who are the most adamant about combating climate change are the ones most unwilling to change things in their live to actually combat it.

The new thing is to blame corporations for creating green house gaes. Ignoring the fact that these corporations are producing gases to manufacture all the plastic things they need in their life.

TatonkaII 10-11-2019 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe_W (Post 44639494)

This.

In the past 5-6 years I cant think of one beer tasting festival that didnt use reusable "sampling" cups.

ckupq 10-11-2019 07:23 AM

Tell that little bitch he needs to get a beer stein like a regular man and STFU.

The last one I got ended up as my coffee mug. My 24oz coffee mug.

zlathim 10-11-2019 07:26 AM

I just imagined that the only people lame enough to go to a beer festival would be liberal.

rockbuggy84 10-11-2019 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zlathim (Post 44639542)
I just imagined that the only people lame enough to go to a beer festival would be liberal.

Hipsters, overweight sports fans and people that say “bro”.

ckupq 10-11-2019 07:37 AM

Quote:

Meh. The only ones to complain about one would be a liberal. If there is one that is worthwhile I'll go.

will12785 10-11-2019 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockbuggy84 (Post 44639548)

For 2 hours of all you can drink beer "samples" you can call me either of those things.

J Kimmel 10-11-2019 07:40 AM

if your home AC isn't shut off permanently and your heat isn't set to 50 the STFU

I'm over the climate change hysteria

Johann 10-11-2019 07:46 AM

Quote:

I tend to drink better beer in my shop! With no parking hassles or DWI.

east_beast 10-11-2019 07:55 AM

It's all about screaming hysterics about everything everyone else can do to make a difference while you give up using plastic straws and act like that action is saving the entire fucking world.

knaffie 10-11-2019 08:01 AM

Europe has cups at festivals figured out. Nobody complains. There are no disposable cups blowing in the streets and overflowing the trash cans like every festival in the US.

You have to purchase a ceramic cup for about $2-3. They are sold everywhere beverages are sold. They refill it every time you want a drink. If you want more than one drink at a time, you purchase more than one cup. When you're done drinking, they will buy the cups back for the same price you paid for them. Or you can keep as a souvenir.

Simple as that. Zero cost to consumer. Zero inconvenience to consumer. No trash blowing around everywhere. Everybody wins.

Mr Stubs 10-11-2019 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knaffie (Post 44639604)
Europe has cups at festivals figured out. Nobody complains. There are no disposable cups blowing in the streets and overflowing the trash cans like every festival in the US.

You have to purchase a ceramic cup for about $2-3. They are sold everywhere beverages are sold. They refill it every time you want a drink. If you want more than one drink at a time, you purchase more than one cup. When you're done drinking, they will buy the cups back for the same price you paid for them. Or you can keep as a souvenir.

Simple as that. Zero cost to consumer. Zero inconvenience to consumer. No trash blowing around everywhere. Everybody wins.

Get outta here with that common sense!

Grumpy356 10-11-2019 08:34 AM

OP's title sucks.

Classical Liberal looks nothing like Modern Liberal.

and this has nothing to do Classical Liberals

thedonn007 10-11-2019 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy356 (Post 44639644)
OP's title sucks.

Classical Liberal looks nothing like Modern Liberal.

and this has nothing to do Classical Liberals

Good point. A classical liberal would be considered a conservative today by the modern liberals.

HAPPYJOHN 10-11-2019 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IEATRKS84 (Post 44639520)
The people who are the most adamant about combating climate change are the ones most unwilling to change things in their live to actually combat it.

The new thing is to blame corporations for creating green house gaes. Ignoring the fact that these corporations are producing gases to manufacture all the plastic things they need in their life.

Close. The ones who are most adamant want YOU to be the change, they don't want to sacrifice.

It's a variation of the "guns are bad for you, but I have permit" mindset.

Quote:

Look at you, posting reason and logic here.:laughing::laughing:

Harry Johnson 10-11-2019 09:29 AM

This thread is a giant circle jerk of strawman stereotypes.

I'm one of those adamant about saving the earth type people. I don't ask anyone to do anything other than to consider the published data(yea yea, I get it, you guys think it's bullshit, stfu), and make an informed decision themselves while I do what I can to make sure I'm doing my part.

As someone said above, yeah, my thermostat is set low in the winter and I don't own AC. Yeah, I limit plastics anywhere I can and spend my money with businesses that do the same. I fix and reuse all my junk, buy rechargeable batteries, have reusable cloth napkins and dishtowels instead of paper towels, and I try to buy any bulk liquids that I purchase(beer) from a local source so less energy is used trucking it in from other places.

And if you don't do it? I don't care, I'm not your mom, I don't have to tell you have to live your life, but if you bitch about my lifestyle then you can fuck right off.

Robbie 10-11-2019 09:36 AM

Quote:

Yep, was in Frankfurt, Germany last year at one of the weekly fairs on the river. You pay for the glass, and it is pretty much like a deposit. You either keep the glass or return it for your deposit. They just refill your glass each time you wanted more beer. Was an awesome system.

Beat95YJ 10-11-2019 09:37 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockbuggy84 (Post 44639548)

Quote:

Originally Posted by will12785 (Post 44639558)
For 2 hours of all you can drink beer "samples" you can call me either of those things.

I like going :homer: good beer is good.

thumping 10-11-2019 10:19 AM

Quote:

And yet, whinny ass liberals would still bitch that someone else wasn't paying for their mug...:laughing:

thumping 10-11-2019 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Johnson (Post 44639728)
This thread is a giant circle jerk of strawman stereotypes.

I'm one of those adamant about saving the earth type people. I don't ask anyone to do anything other than to consider the published data(yea yea, I get it, you guys think it's bullshit, stfu), and make an informed decision themselves while I do what I can to make sure I'm doing my part.

As someone said above, yeah, my thermostat is set low in the winter and I don't own AC. Yeah, I limit plastics anywhere I can and spend my money with businesses that do the same. I fix and reuse all my junk, buy rechargeable batteries, have reusable cloth napkins and dishtowels instead of paper towels, and I try to buy any bulk liquids that I purchase(beer) from a local source so less energy is used trucking it in from other places.

And if you don't do it? I don't care, I'm not your mom, I don't have to tell you have to live your life, but if you bitch about my lifestyle then you can fuck right off.

We have, and you still bitch about it when it's called bullshit in every thread you bring it up in.

So....now what?