Classic liberal - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2019, 06:46 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 48233
Classic liberal

So a liberal dude I work with was bitching at me yesterday. He's going to some beer festival that he goes to every year, but this year the festival is cutting back on the generating of waste. Plastic waste to be exact, so they're distributing reusable glasses to all the guest.

He's bitching because he won't be able to grab like 3 beers and then go sit and hang out.

My response to him was literally "so let me get this right. you scream about how we need to stop using plastics, then bitch when plastics are no longer offered. Its called cause and effect and unintended consequences"

I was literally floored when he started bitching about that, and when I called him on his hypocrisy he said "well its a festival, it shouldn't be inconvenient"

Festivals are the ideal place to implement such a thing as reusable cups because bajillions of single use cups are thrown away at festivals lol

[QUOTE=xyjbeaker;9759686]"mexican food reminds you of my face?"[/QUOTE]
Doc Holiday13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 06:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 133009
Dude sounds like a tard. I've been to a bunch of those festivals, every single one gave you a reusable nice plastic mug at the beginning for your brew that never seemed to be empty
Old 10-11-2019, 07:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Hophead

Member # 4829
Send a message via AIM to Joe_W
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtRoads View Post
Dude sounds like a tard. I've been to a bunch of those festivals, every single one gave you a reusable nice plastic mug at the beginning for your brew that never seemed to be empty
I don't think I've ever been to a beer fest that didn't have reusable cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddin
The vagina doubles as a neat little fanny pack.
Joe_W is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 07:06 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 101407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_W View Post
Bring a big ass Cooler and your own cup. Couple gallons of beer for group and no waiting.
Elvis38 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 07:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 199544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holiday13 View Post
Did you punch him/her in the mouth to shut him up? Or at least "stand your ground" & push the bitch to the floor?

Somebody post up that "I'll have one beer" meme
det107 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 07:14 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 118035
The people who are the most adamant about combating climate change are the ones most unwilling to change things in their live to actually combat it.

The new thing is to blame corporations for creating green house gaes. Ignoring the fact that these corporations are producing gases to manufacture all the plastic things they need in their life.
Old 10-11-2019, 07:19 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 12454
Send a message via AIM to TatonkaII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_W View Post
This.

In the past 5-6 years I cant think of one beer tasting festival that didnt use reusable "sampling" cups.
Old 10-11-2019, 07:23 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 121718
Tell that little bitch he needs to get a beer stein like a regular man and STFU.

The last one I got ended up as my coffee mug. My 24oz coffee mug.
ckupq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 07:26 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 112738
I just imagined that the only people lame enough to go to a beer festival would be liberal.
zlathim is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 07:33 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 45202
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlathim View Post
I just imagined that the only people lame enough to go to a beer festival would be liberal.
Hipsters, overweight sports fans and people that say “bro”.
Old 10-11-2019, 07:37 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 121718
Quote:
Meh. The only ones to complain about one would be a liberal. If there is one that is worthwhile I'll go.
ckupq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 07:38 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 174037
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbuggy84 View Post
For 2 hours of all you can drink beer "samples" you can call me either of those things.
will12785 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 07:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 2102
if your home AC isn't shut off permanently and your heat isn't set to 50 the STFU

I'm over the climate change hysteria
J Kimmel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 07:46 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 4251
Quote:
I tend to drink better beer in my shop! With no parking hassles or DWI.
Old 10-11-2019, 07:55 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 377
It's all about screaming hysterics about everything everyone else can do to make a difference while you give up using plastic straws and act like that action is saving the entire fucking world.
east_beast is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 08:01 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 48084
Europe has cups at festivals figured out. Nobody complains. There are no disposable cups blowing in the streets and overflowing the trash cans like every festival in the US.

You have to purchase a ceramic cup for about $2-3. They are sold everywhere beverages are sold. They refill it every time you want a drink. If you want more than one drink at a time, you purchase more than one cup. When you're done drinking, they will buy the cups back for the same price you paid for them. Or you can keep as a souvenir.

Simple as that. Zero cost to consumer. Zero inconvenience to consumer. No trash blowing around everywhere. Everybody wins.
knaffie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 08:06 AM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 102813
Quote:
Originally Posted by knaffie View Post
Europe has cups at festivals figured out. Nobody complains. There are no disposable cups blowing in the streets and overflowing the trash cans like every festival in the US.

You have to purchase a ceramic cup for about $2-3. They are sold everywhere beverages are sold. They refill it every time you want a drink. If you want more than one drink at a time, you purchase more than one cup. When you're done drinking, they will buy the cups back for the same price you paid for them. Or you can keep as a souvenir.

Simple as that. Zero cost to consumer. Zero inconvenience to consumer. No trash blowing around everywhere. Everybody wins.
Get outta here with that common sense!

[COLOR="Lime"]The good guys...[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Marlin Crawler, Hellfire Fabworks, Dave'z Offroad, gearinstalls.com (Zuk), Diamond Axle, RADesigns, Advanced Adapters, Jantz Engineering, G-Fab motorsports, Got Propane, JHF [/COLOR]
Mr Stubs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 08:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 151139
OP's title sucks.

Classical Liberal looks nothing like Modern Liberal.

and this has nothing to do Classical Liberals
Old 10-11-2019, 08:39 AM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 121794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy356 View Post
OP's title sucks.

Classical Liberal looks nothing like Modern Liberal.

and this has nothing to do Classical Liberals
Good point. A classical liberal would be considered a conservative today by the modern liberals.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:48 AM   #20 (permalink)
What did you expect?

Member # 119290
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEATRKS84 View Post
The people who are the most adamant about combating climate change are the ones most unwilling to change things in their live to actually combat it.

The new thing is to blame corporations for creating green house gaes. Ignoring the fact that these corporations are producing gases to manufacture all the plastic things they need in their life.
Close. The ones who are most adamant want YOU to be the change, they don't want to sacrifice.

It's a variation of the "guns are bad for you, but I have permit" mindset.

Quote:

Look at you, posting reason and logic here.
HAPPYJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 09:29 AM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 28880
This thread is a giant circle jerk of strawman stereotypes.

I'm one of those adamant about saving the earth type people. I don't ask anyone to do anything other than to consider the published data(yea yea, I get it, you guys think it's bullshit, stfu), and make an informed decision themselves while I do what I can to make sure I'm doing my part.

As someone said above, yeah, my thermostat is set low in the winter and I don't own AC. Yeah, I limit plastics anywhere I can and spend my money with businesses that do the same. I fix and reuse all my junk, buy rechargeable batteries, have reusable cloth napkins and dishtowels instead of paper towels, and I try to buy any bulk liquids that I purchase(beer) from a local source so less energy is used trucking it in from other places.

And if you don't do it? I don't care, I'm not your mom, I don't have to tell you have to live your life, but if you bitch about my lifestyle then you can fuck right off.
Harry Johnson is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 09:36 AM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 9282
Quote:

Yep, was in Frankfurt, Germany last year at one of the weekly fairs on the river. You pay for the glass, and it is pretty much like a deposit. You either keep the glass or return it for your deposit. They just refill your glass each time you wanted more beer. Was an awesome system.
Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 09:37 AM   #23 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbuggy84 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by will12785 View Post
For 2 hours of all you can drink beer "samples" you can call me either of those things.
I like going good beer is good.

Companies helping me get dirty:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 10:19 AM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 85483
Quote:

And yet, whinny ass liberals would still bitch that someone else wasn't paying for their mug...
Old 10-11-2019, 10:22 AM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 85483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Johnson View Post
This thread is a giant circle jerk of strawman stereotypes.

I'm one of those adamant about saving the earth type people. I don't ask anyone to do anything other than to consider the published data(yea yea, I get it, you guys think it's bullshit, stfu), and make an informed decision themselves while I do what I can to make sure I'm doing my part.

As someone said above, yeah, my thermostat is set low in the winter and I don't own AC. Yeah, I limit plastics anywhere I can and spend my money with businesses that do the same. I fix and reuse all my junk, buy rechargeable batteries, have reusable cloth napkins and dishtowels instead of paper towels, and I try to buy any bulk liquids that I purchase(beer) from a local source so less energy is used trucking it in from other places.

And if you don't do it? I don't care, I'm not your mom, I don't have to tell you have to live your life, but if you bitch about my lifestyle then you can fuck right off.
We have, and you still bitch about it when it's called bullshit in every thread you bring it up in.

So....now what?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in