Bring back f'ng paper towels in restrooms! - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2019, 10:27 PM   #51 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 5639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Johnson View Post
Echoing what a couple of other people have said. Air dryers are less sanitary than paper towels.
https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...-2018051113823
Unless they have a HEPA filter. And if you read the article putting a lid on the toliet would keep it from creating a 6 square meter cloud of goodness. So your okay breathing it but not on your hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOAdisco311 View Post
Don’t ever get into the sewer or cured in place pipe industry. Though I have to say my immune system is the strongest it has ever been. Handling tools and hoses covered with sewer water daily has still kept me from getting the flu or a bad cold for years lol. Our office employees get sick 10x more than my field crew who deal with raw sewage. Stop being a Nancy. Sometimes germs are good.
No kidding.

I put them in our hospital because I got tired of people cramming handfuls of towels down the toilet and creating sewer clogs. I was standing in crap once a week, after they were put in no more issues.

Oh and ours are NSF approved.

Kindness doesn't condemn or condone

Just Add Lightness
Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2019, 11:08 PM   #52 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 15473
Send a message via AIM to bobbywalter
Still have paper most places.

Probably not good for the environment....because trees are not renewable.....wait a minute here....
bobbywalter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2019, 06:34 AM   #53 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 52443
Jeez you guys have issues
Old 10-18-2019, 09:40 AM   #54 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 57779
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbywalter View Post
Still have paper most places.

Probably not good for the environment....because trees are not renewable.....wait a minute here....
trees are no longer important. Thats why were getting rid of plastic bags for paper. Keep up

World Proof your children, Don't child proof the world
nahmus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2019, 09:48 AM   #55 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 138976
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahmus View Post
trees are no longer important. Thats why were getting rid of plastic bags for paper. Keep up
no no, can't use paper. getting rid of thin plastic bags in favor of thick plastic bags. keeps the microplastics at bay

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2019, 10:59 AM   #56 (permalink)
Safety third!

Member # 168243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhales View Post
it would make me happy to see this used much more,Iv seen it one time in the last few months and that was some fast food joint https://www.stepnpull.com
Saw those at a Rudy's BBQ and immediately liked the idea. They are mainly for the employees so they don't have to touch the dirty ass door handle just after washing.

I work with a lot of foreigners, and I'd say it's closer to 95% of them that don't wash after taking a shit, and probably a good 20% of Americans don't either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDXSR5 View Post
As someone who is a bit germaphobe, this also bothers me. I do keep hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes in the vehicle. Without bringing in your own paper towels, I really don't have a great solution. It is very frustrating though, especially if the door opens inwards and doesn't have one of the foot openers on it.
Doors should all be designed this way but nobody seems to think of it. You think to yourself, well, maybe it's because the door opens into a busy hallway, but nope, that can't be it because half the doors in the hallway do just that. The installers were just assholes or stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by welndmn View Post
Your phone is probably worse than the toilet seat.
Phones get pretty nasty. The dirtiest community item found in an office or place of work however is the coffee pot, not the toilet seat. Nobody ever cleans the handle of the coffee pot, and everyone is touching it.

I clean my phone often with alcohol because with a soft case on it, they get really nasty underneath. Couple that with it being in a warm and often moist pocket from sweat, and it's a perfect breeding ground for bacteria and fungus and shit.

Belts and wallets can get pretty bad for the same reason. There's just something different about them being mine and mine only, vs. a community item that only God knows who added their personal "touch" to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy356 View Post
So there was a big military run with all the different branches represented. There was a soldier from the Army and a soldier from the Marines who happened to be in the latrine at the same time.

When the Army soldier got done at the urinal he buttons up his fly and proceeds to head for the door, and as the Marine soldier finishes up he buttons up his fly and goes to the sink.

The Marine yells over to the army soldier who’s trying to leave and says :
“In the Marines they teach us to wash our hands after we go to the head “

The Army soldier looks back and replies:
“ In the Army they teach us not to piss on our hands.”
This joke has many variations, but misses the entire point that the human crotch is still pretty funky after just a few hours, despite showering and putting clean underwear on first thing in the morning. Some things are better off not being shared with everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder Yota View Post
The same people who won't touch a bathroom door think nothing of sleeping in a hotel bed.
False. Hotels are suspect as fuck to me and I'm not even the biggest worrier.

That dude on here years back that laid down on top of a piss soaked hotel bed changed them for me. Maid just threw a comforter on top of a pool of piss.

Quote:
By the way, Irregardless does pass spell check and it is a word. The meaning is exactly the same, you just want to play games

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dr.Danger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2019, 11:30 AM   #57 (permalink)

Member # 102183
When I was in the military the base I was stationed at installed a bunch in the building where I worked. They had a problem with people pissing in them. Since that email got sent out I have never used one again.
brantb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2019, 11:59 AM   #58 (permalink)
Safety third!

Member # 168243
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantb View Post
When I was in the military the base I was stationed at installed a bunch in the building where I worked. They had a problem with people pissing in them. Since that email got sent out I have never used one again.
What the fuck.

God that's an awful prank.

Quote:
By the way, Irregardless does pass spell check and it is a word. The meaning is exactly the same, you just want to play games

For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->
Dr.Danger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2019, 12:34 PM   #59 (permalink)

Member # 102813
Not a lot of pussy eaters here.

[COLOR="Lime"]The good guys...[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Marlin Crawler, Hellfire Fabworks, Dave'z Offroad, gearinstalls.com (Zuk), Diamond Axle, RADesigns, Advanced Adapters, Jantz Engineering, G-Fab motorsports, Got Propane, JHF [/COLOR]
Mr Stubs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2019, 01:42 PM   #60 (permalink)

Member # 36733
Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose818 View Post
The whole move to "more sanitary" air dryers is completr bullshit because half the people dont even wash their hands (whole other topic). Now I am forced to use my clean hands to open a door handle that some a-hole before me who didnt bother washing his hands used.

Fucking dirty hippie shit.
Meh, paper and keeping the towel dispensers full/ operating costs the facility maintenance $ and wages.
Hot air is freely dispensed and collected via funnel placed over the White house in DC.

Last edited by DavidVanVorous; 10-18-2019 at 01:42 PM.
DavidVanVorous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2019, 01:51 PM   #61 (permalink)
No

Member # 106663
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Danger View Post
What the fuck.

God that's an awful prank.
Back in the day in a dorm restroom with air dryers that had swivel air nozzles you'd flip them up and Pee in them while they were off , after a few seconds they would throw start throwing flames and burn themselves out. I wasn't going to go there but since someone else did...
Old 10-18-2019, 02:27 PM   #62 (permalink)

Member # 20099
Whatever my hands are touching in a public shitter is likely less worse than what I touch while working anyhow.

I always rip off an extra 3 or 4 pulls of paper towels... Gotta keep loggers in business.

Last edited by nate379; 10-18-2019 at 02:28 PM.
nate379 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2019, 03:50 PM   #63 (permalink)

Member # 79509
I go to the bank damn near every day.

They have the cleanest restrooms. Not only is there a paper towel dispenser, but a neat stack on them on the counter as well.

If they're making money off my money, I'm wasting their resources.
Old 10-18-2019, 04:06 PM   #64 (permalink)
finally fuckin in

Member # 232666
I tend to not touch my little weenus when i piss and make it a point to not touch shit when i shit. Weird concept to most but a few get it. I rarely get sick and haven't had a good flu ever. Your hand sanitizer kills the good germs and bacteria your body needs to stay healthy.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:17 PM   #65 (permalink)

Member # 20099
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingfire View Post
I tend to not touch my little weenus when i piss and make it a point to not touch shit when i shit. Weird concept to most but a few get it. I rarely get sick and haven't had a good flu ever. Your hand sanitizer kills the good germs and bacteria your body needs to stay healthy.
That would be like a garden hose whipping around all over though.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:26 PM   #66 (permalink)

Member # 121343
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate379 View Post
That would be like a garden hose whipping around all over though.
He can get away with it cause his is the faucet, rather than the hose.
89islandeer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2019, 11:19 PM   #67 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 49997
Quote:
I dont think it's a normal process to touch your elbow while pissing. That's just weird.

Weenus (or weenis or wenis) is a slang word for the excess or loose skin at the joint of one's elbow.
rugby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2019, 11:27 PM   #68 (permalink)

Member # 110516
Quote:
I use hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes daily and also rarely get sick. Currently work in an office where everyone is sick and I am the only one who is not. Both of my kids are currently sick. I make it a point to wash or otherwise cleanse my hands before I eat and try not to touch my face unnecessarily. I really don't think keeping my hands clean and having good hygiene habits is making me get sick more often.

Disclaimer: I have not always worked in an office and was frequently covered head to toe in oil/dirt/grime in a previous life. Did not make a difference on how often I did or did not get sick. Same principles applied. Wash hands before eating. Keep hands away from face.

Last edited by KDXSR5; 10-18-2019 at 11:29 PM.
KDXSR5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2019, 11:30 PM   #69 (permalink)

Member # 162643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Stubs View Post
Not a lot of pussy eaters here.
I had one for dessert this last Tuesday night. Been having the same dish for the last 20 years and still not tired of it.
shortbus4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2019, 02:52 AM   #70 (permalink)

Member # 159257
Quote:
Originally Posted by will12785 View Post
Stainless steel towel dispensers need to come back too. Plastic is a breeding ground for germs and bacteria.
Plenty of ‘stainless steel’ is growing bacteria these days. It’s documented online. Not as safe as once expected unless it’s some high grade shit people won’t pay for. Sorry.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:24 AM   #71 (permalink)

Member # 20099
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDXSR5 View Post
I use hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes daily and also rarely get sick. Currently work in an office where everyone is sick and I am the only one who is not. Both of my kids are currently sick. I make it a point to wash or otherwise cleanse my hands before I eat and try not to touch my face unnecessarily. I really don't think keeping my hands clean and having good hygiene habits is making me get sick more often.

Disclaimer: I have not always worked in an office and was frequently covered head to toe in oil/dirt/grime in a previous life. Did not make a difference on how often I did or did not get sick. Same principles applied. Wash hands before eating. Keep hands away from face.

I usually just wipe my hands off on a cleanish spot on my pants ir shirt and eat. Give the dirty spot on the sandwich from my hand to the dogs.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:33 AM   #72 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 5639
Quote:
Originally Posted by H8DWINGS View Post
Plenty of ‘stainless steel’ is growing bacteria these days. It’s documented online. Not as safe as once expected unless it’s some high grade shit people won’t pay for. Sorry.
Copper is what is antimicrobial, or silver. Stainless is just easy to wipe down /sterilize same as plastic.

Kindness doesn't condemn or condone

Just Add Lightness
Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2019, 05:33 PM   #73 (permalink)

Member # 159257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
Copper is what is antimicrobial, or silver. Stainless is just easy to wipe down /sterilize same as plastic.
People believe stainless steel cannot harbor bacteria and is therefore superior to other metals. Maybe it’s because ‘surgical stainless steel’ exists, or maybe people believe what they read on the internet. I don’t know.
Old 10-19-2019, 07:42 PM   #74 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 31621
Send a message via AIM to vetteboy79
How they handle bathroom labels in Iceland

IMG_20191019_183506901_MP by vetteboyxj, on Flickr

Also they do not have toilet paper rolls here. All the things dispense toilet paper in individual sheets. This led to some delicate wiping...

That being said, fuck washing your hands that often. I think the same thing every time I see tourists (usually Asian) walking around with some sorta mask over their nose/mouth. You really think that the 99% of us that just go about our day are that hazardous? Or maybe you're just the weak link?

I get sick maybe once every few years, for a few days, and then it goes away. Have not been to a doctor for illness in over 20 years. For some reason that makes me think I'm doing it right for me anyway

Flying Pig Racing #512
vetteboy79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in