Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chit-Chat (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Are people in England and Europe finally tired of climate change ? (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2690438)

bigun 10-17-2019 10:23 AM

Are people in England and Europe finally tired of climate change ?
 
https://summit.news/2019/10/17/angry...roof-of-train/


Quote:

POLITICSAngry Londoners Drag Climate Change Protesters From Roof of Train
Middle class virtue signalers met with little enthusiasm from working class commuters.

Rebellion’ climate change protesters from the roof of a train this morning.

The incident happened at Canning Town Tube station, located in London’s poor east end – a particularly stupid venue for Extinction Rebellion activists to try to pull such a stunt.

One decidedly middle class looking protester climbed on top of the train but was pelted with objects before being dragged back down to the platform.

Almost immediately, another protester climbed on top of the train but was also pursued and dragged back down.

London Underground staff had to intervene to prevent the protesters getting a substantial beating.

Another video shows commuters arguing with one of the protesters before forcing her to admit she’s a hypocrite.

130 Comments
Angry Londoners furious at having their lives disrupted dragged ‘Extinction Rebellion’ climate change protesters from the roof of a train this morning.

The incident happened at Canning Town Tube station, located in London’s poor east end – a particularly stupid venue for Extinction Rebellion activists to try to pull such a stunt.

One decidedly middle class looking protester climbed on top of the train but was pelted with objects before being dragged back down to the platform.

Almost immediately, another protester climbed on top of the train but was also pursued and dragged back down.

London Underground staff had to intervene to prevent the protesters getting a substantial beating.

Another video shows commuters arguing with one of the protesters before forcing her to admit she’s a hypocrite.



The official Extinction Rebellion Twitter account later tried to compare their activists to Rosa Parks, despite the fact the footage shows white middle class activists being confronted by a mixed crowd which includes numerous black people.

As we document in the video below, the ‘Extinction Rebellion’ protest movement is one huge virtue signal centered around middle and upper middle class people lecturing working class people on how to live their lives.
https://summit.news/2019/10/16/dutch...-restrictions/

Quote:


Dutch Farmers Stage New Revolt Against Climate Change Restrictions
Sick of being lectured by middle class city dwellers “who have two plants on their balcony.”

Farmers in the Netherlands are staging a new revolt against restrictions on livestock related to climate change, with one telling the state broadcaster how he is sick of being lectured about nature by middle class city dwellers “who have two plants on their balcony.”

The demonstrations began earlier this month after the Dutch government announced that Dutch livestock farming should be slashed by up to 50% to meet commitments on reducing nitrogen emissions.

Farmers were irate after learning that the same restrictions would not apply to the aviation industry.

Demonstrators clogged up major roads and highways once again today, causing traffic jams across the entire country and leading to the Dutch army being called out.

thumping 10-17-2019 10:26 AM

I think the whole world is over this made up bullshit.

Que Harry....:flipoff2:

smurfblue40 10-17-2019 10:28 AM

Working folks tired of stupid shit

Can't wait to see it happen here

Norm 10-17-2019 10:45 AM

The problem with social media is not calling morons out on their bullshit. That looks to be ending in a big way across the globe.

Mikel 10-17-2019 10:48 AM

Remember the "yellow vest" riots in France last year? They started when the French government announced a new carbon tax.

Gas in France is already $8/ga.

Filthy McChevy 10-17-2019 10:48 AM

You don't need to say that again.

rockbuggy84 10-17-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumping (Post 44648352)
I think the whole world is over this made up bullshit.

Que Harry....:flipoff2:

Here’s a quick rundown of his post when he arrives.

“I don’t tell anyone how or what they believe, but it’s real and you’re a denier and need to believe the science”

“Show me proof that the science is inaccurate”

“I don’t believe all the sources that say the science is adjusted”

“Well you all have very valid points and the science does seem to be adjusted so that they get the answer they’re looking for”

“I never told you that you should believe it, simply that it’s my belief and you need to listen to the science”

Yes, circles. He talks in them. Just like the rest of the morons that believe this shit.

Provience 10-17-2019 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikel (Post 44648388)
Remember the "yellow vest" riots in France last year? They started when the French government announced a new carbon tax.

Gas in France is already $8/ga.

are those done know? I thought they were still rioting/protesting in france (for the last 200 years :flipoff2: )

Mikel 10-17-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provience (Post 44648396)
are those done know? I thought they were still rioting/protesting in france (for the last 200 years :flipoff2: )

The riots haven't gone away entirely. That carbon tax? Gone :smokin:

Harry Johnson 10-17-2019 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockbuggy84 (Post 44648394)
Here’s a quick rundown of his post when he arrives.

“I don’t tell anyone how or what they believe, but it’s real and you’re a denier and need to believe the science”

“Show me proof that the science is inaccurate”

“I don’t believe all the sources that say the science is adjusted”

“Well you all have very valid points and the science does seem to be adjusted so that they get the answer they’re looking for”

“I never told you that you should believe it, simply that it’s my belief and you need to listen to the science”

Yes, circles. He talks in them. Just like the rest of the morons that believe this shit.

Here I am! Sorry to keep you guys waiting. I'm glad I have been able to give everyone something to do everytime a climate change article is posted. Turns out I don't even need to post anymore, you guys quote me(albeit with a somewhat sarcastic slant that I'm not sure is very flattering) anyway.

Virtue signalling of any type is stupid, and I don't blame people who are sick of the shit. Probably one of the big reasons Trump got elected to the Whitehouse.

Just because some assholes appropriate the cause to make themselves look righteous doesn't mean it's not a worthy cause that doesn't have merit.

There really is a lot of science to back it up, and a lot of other scientists outside the field who have no skin in the game have read what's published and agree with it... Of course there are also plenty of experts in the actual field who also echo those sentiments, but they're all part of the climate change conspiracy, so we can't believe them.

You do you and keep on nodding your head to whatever strokes your confirmation bias, and I'll keep nodding my head to whatever strokes my confirmation bias and we'll see where it ends up. I'm sure if this whole save the planet thing is bullshit, it'll all work out your way in the end anyhow.

Provience 10-17-2019 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikel (Post 44648406)
The riots haven't gone away entirely. That carbon tax? Gone :smokin:

well, good. :laughing:

bigun 10-17-2019 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Johnson (Post 44648456)
Here I am! Sorry to keep you guys waiting. I'm glad I have been able to give everyone something to do everytime a climate change article is posted. Turns out I don't even need to post anymore, you guys quote me(albeit with a somewhat sarcastic slant that I'm not sure is very flattering) anyway.

Virtue signalling of any type is stupid, and I don't blame people who are sick of the shit. Probably one of the big reasons Trump got elected to the Whitehouse.

Just because some assholes appropriate the cause to make themselves look righteous doesn't mean it's not a worthy cause that doesn't have merit.

There really is a lot of science to back it up, and a lot of other scientists outside the field who have no skin in the game have read what's published and agree with it... Of course there are also plenty of experts in the actual field who also echo those sentiments, but they're all part of the climate change conspiracy, so we can't believe them.

You do you and keep on nodding your head to whatever strokes your confirmation bias, and I'll keep nodding my head to whatever strokes my confirmation bias and we'll see where it ends up. I'm sure if this whole save the planet thing is bullshit, it'll all work out your way in the end anyhow.

YAWN!
Lemme guess you make money off of climate change.

Harry Johnson 10-17-2019 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigun (Post 44648508)
YAWN!
Lemme guess you make money off of climate change.

I sure don't. Government worker. I have a job as long as there are laws.

Also, let me be clear since I know this is sort of the focus of the thread- I'm not in favor of any type of carbon tax.

rockbuggy84 10-17-2019 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Johnson (Post 44648518)
Government worker.

Makes sense.

GTOffroader 10-17-2019 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Johnson (Post 44648456)
There really is a lot of science to back it up, and a lot of other scientists outside the field who have no skin in the game have read what's published and agree with it... Of course there are also plenty of experts in the actual field who also echo those sentiments, but they're all part of the climate change conspiracy, so we can't believe them.

This.


Disclaimer: I make money off people needing a place to poop so I have no skin in the game unless it keeps getting hotter and I keep sweating.

Harry Johnson 10-17-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockbuggy84 (Post 44648540)
Makes sense.

Hater's gonna hate. I like doing what I do because I feel like I'm helping out others. I get paid less than if I did the same job for the private sector.

Shadow man 10-17-2019 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Johnson (Post 44648456)

There really is a lot of science to back it up, and a lot of other scientists outside the field who have no skin in the game have read what's published and agree with it... Of course there are also plenty of experts in the actual field who also echo those sentiments, but they're all part of the climate change conspiracy, so we can't believe them.

You do you and keep on nodding your head to whatever strokes your confirmation bias, and I'll keep nodding my head to whatever strokes my confirmation bias and we'll see where it ends up. I'm sure if this whole save the planet thing is bullshit, it'll all work out your way in the end anyhow.


Believe what you want to believe. I know it's a religion to you Liberals, but as you Liberals like to preach, Keep your fucking religion to yourself! I'm sick of hearing about the now, "Climate Change" BULLSHIT! No fuck, it's Fall now. :rolleyes:
I want separation of YOUR Church and State. Keep it to yourself and quit trying to cram it down our throats as the message is old, tired and certainly worn out.

Something to think about...

Do you CH minions really believe we are going to Die Off? Do you really believe even with a 5 -10 degrees of weather temperature average "change" that will kill off Humans? Do you really believe a rising sea level will drown everyone?

Lets put some FACTS out there.

It isn't the STRONG that survives. That's a shitty , piss poor misconception. The FACT is, it's those that can ADAPT! That is the reality. Humans have left the confines on this bubble. Humans has been to the bottom of the sea. Humans have been to the highest mountains. Humans LIVE in the coldest part of the world. Humans live in the hottest parts also. Humans adapt!

So yes, humans WILL survive no matter the weather or enviroment. THAT IS A PROVEN FACT. You people are just too comfortable.

So keep your god damn climate change BULLSHIT to yourself and I won't bitch at you CH Minions. :mad3:

Deal?

Technohead 10-17-2019 12:20 PM

Europe is not nearly as united behind the current crop of socialist/globalist leaders as the media would have you believe. There are trump juniors popping up everywhere over there.

D-RAT 10-17-2019 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Johnson (Post 44648560)
Hater's gonna hate. I like doing what I do because I feel like I'm helping out others. I get paid less than if I did the same job for the private sector.

Then again, the private sector can fire you when you suck at your job....so you got that going for you.

bigun 10-17-2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Johnson (Post 44648560)
Hater's gonna hate. I like doing what I do because I feel like I'm helping out others. I get paid less than if I did the same job for the private sector.

You are so altruistic

Harry Johnson 10-17-2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow man (Post 44648568)
Believe what you want to believe. I know it's a religion to you Liberals, but as you Liberals like to preach, Keep your fucking religion to yourself! I'm sick of hearing about the now, "Climate Change" BULLSHIT! No fuck, it's Fall now. :rolleyes:
I want separation of YOUR Church and State. Keep it to yourself and quit trying to cram it down our throats as the message is old, tired and certainly worn out.

Something to think about...

Do you CH minions really believe we are going to Die Off? Do you really believe even with a 5 -10 degrees of weather temperature average "change" that will kill off Humans? Do you really believe a rising sea level will drown everyone?

Lets put some FACTS out there.

It isn't the STRONG that survives. That's a shitty , piss poor misconception. The FACT is, it's those that can ADAPT! That is the reality. Humans have left the confines on this bubble. Humans has been to the bottom of the sea. Humans have been to the highest mountains. Humans LIVE in the coldest part of the world. Humans live in the hottest parts also. Humans adapt!

So yes, humans WILL survive no matter the weather or enviroment. THAT IS A PROVEN FACT. You people are just too comfortable.

So keep your god damn climate change BULLSHIT to yourself and I won't bitch at you CH Minions. :mad3:

Deal?

All you're doing in this post is arguing with yourself. I have never made a claim that humans were going to die off, or that a rising sea level will drown everyone. The only bullshit that needs to be kept to itself is your strawman argument.

Harry Johnson 10-17-2019 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigun (Post 44648592)
You are so altruistic

I'm not, just sick of people talking shit about government workers as though our country could actually function without them.

Harry Johnson 10-17-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-RAT (Post 44648590)
Then again, the private sector can fire you when you suck at your job....so you got that going for you.

My job classification isn't protected. I can be fired at any time with no union involvement.

Shadow man 10-17-2019 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Johnson (Post 44648598)
All you're doing in this post is arguing with yourself. I have never made a claim that humans were going to die off, or that a rising sea level will drown everyone. The only bullshit that needs to be kept to itself is your strawman argument.

Uh, your leaders that YOU support say that everyday! That is a fact.
So basically, you are saying no deal? I don't mind breaking it off in your ass. :D

wheelerfreak 10-17-2019 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Johnson (Post 44648456)
Here I am! Sorry to keep you guys waiting. I'm glad I have been able to give everyone something to do everytime a climate change article is posted. Turns out I don't even need to post anymore, you guys quote me(albeit with a somewhat sarcastic slant that I'm not sure is very flattering) anyway.

Virtue signalling of any type is stupid, and I don't blame people who are sick of the shit. Probably one of the big reasons Trump got elected to the Whitehouse.

Just because some assholes appropriate the cause to make themselves look righteous doesn't mean it's not a worthy cause that doesn't have merit.

There really is a lot of science to back it up, and a lot of other scientists outside the field who have no skin in the game have read what's published and agree with it... Of course there are also plenty of experts in the actual field who also echo those sentiments, but they're all part of the climate change conspiracy, so we can't believe them.

You do you and keep on nodding your head to whatever strokes your confirmation bias, and I'll keep nodding my head to whatever strokes my confirmation bias and we'll see where it ends up. I'm sure if this whole save the planet thing is bullshit, it'll all work out your way in the end anyhow.

So Rockbuggy was spot on in his synopsis then.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.