Another traffic scenario... - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2019, 03:08 PM   #26 (permalink)

Member # 34865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Stubs View Post
Why cause auto damage?

Potato chips work great.... (ask me how I know)
Oh Jesus!! That is genius. I’m gonna start carrying a can of pringles for this.
I’m same as op. I’ll move over when safe and let annoying bastard kill some other innocent.
Old 10-17-2019, 03:25 PM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 152210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy McChevy View Post
You're in the left lane of a 6 lane highway with a 65 MPH speed limit going 74 passing 3 cars in the middle lane going 71. Some moron flies up behind you going a lot faster and starts tailgating. I usually just continue on until I can get over 1 lane without having to slow down to help out some asshole.
What do you do? Get in front of them and brakecheck because you're special?

I also pass on the right when I can see dipwads clogging up the lanes ahead because I don't expect the left lane to stay open as an unlimited speed lane for anyone in a bigger hurry.
I do what you do...
Old 10-17-2019, 04:21 PM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 88264
You know that your e-brake doesn't illuminate your brake lights. I've found this to be the best way to deal with tailgaters. The speed I'm going vs traffic or what lane I'm in is irrelevant.
engineerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2019, 07:18 PM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 86724
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineerjoe View Post
You know that your e-brake doesn't illuminate your brake lights. I've found this to be the best way to deal with tailgaters. The speed I'm going vs traffic or what lane I'm in is irrelevant.
so you want to get hit then?

sure seems like an awful lot of hassle to prove a point to some random asshole you're never gonna see again after they pass you.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:51 PM   #30 (permalink)
What did you expect?

Member # 119290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohead View Post
Brake check then launch a cheeseburger toward their windshield.

FTFY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatg9659 View Post
I think this is the appropriate way to deal with tailgaters

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EEH9Zwo8JEM

That pistol-whip had to hurt; the Desert Eagle is a heavy bitch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDXSR5 View Post
This.

If I am in the fast lane and someone comes hauling ass up on me while I am passing people, I go faster and then get the fuck out of the way. Keep the fucking traffic moving!
This.
HAPPYJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2019, 08:17 PM   #31 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5587
Once had a kid in a VW Beetle tailgating me so close he couldn't see around me, if his life depended on it. We were driving on a 50 MPH cross town thoroughfare. You know the kind with stoplights every half mile for cross traffic.

He was right on my bumper and I could see him in my windshield mirror looking for something in the floorboard of his car. Totally not paying attention to me or what was going on on the road.

As we approached one of those red lights there was a Semi stopped at the red light, and this ~16 YO kid is right on my tail.
I hadn't wanted to turn, but the left turn striping was right there and the left turn lane open.

So I took it in a nice gentle pull over to the left, then hit my brakes and stopped for the red light. Kid didn't even see me manuever to the left. He slammed into the back of the semi trailer running about 45. Almost ate the back door of the trailer.

I was stopped at the line and saw him in my right door mirror jump out of his smashed VW and look around like he was hoping no one saw what he did. Then he put it in reverse, back up about 4 feet and drove around the Semi to the right.

The Semi Driver looked at me like WTF??????
I just shrugged like Sergeant Shultz!

I was in a Company Truck and the paperwork, drug test and 3 man inquisition investigation board of why I was involved in an accident was not something I wanted to do. And he for sure would have hit me in my almost new pickup had I stopped behind the Semi.
So I zigged!

Semi driver just drove on his way too.

Wonder how the kid explained the damage to Mommy!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeehaaaaaaaa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
border="0" alt="" title="flipoff2" class="inlineimg" />
SSSRodeo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2019, 08:34 PM   #32 (permalink)

Member # 188393
If I'm passing and someone wants to ride my bumper because I'm not passing fast enough, I'll pass even slower. Impatient mother fuckers, not my fault you cant leave with enough time not to drive like an assclown.

What annoys me is when I can be on an empty stretch of highway for miles, with one car keeping distance behind me. Suddenly the following driver decides they need to go faster and proceeds to ride my ass like they've paid for the privilege. Fucktard, it's an empty highway go around, no need to site back there when nobody is preventing you from using the other lane.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:36 PM   #33 (permalink)

Member # 113619
Send a message via Yahoo to stjames151
Quote:
Brake check then launch a volley of coins toward their windshield.
NASCAR level 5 answer here.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:47 PM   #34 (permalink)

Member # 226216
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87manche View Post
I will finish the passing maneuver safely and then move over.

I will not be bullied by a tail gater into doing anything unsafe, and that includes brake checking people.

This^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thefishguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2019, 08:48 PM   #35 (permalink)

Member # 226216
Quote:

dash cam?

Old 10-17-2019, 08:51 PM   #36 (permalink)

Member # 226216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Stubs View Post
Why cause auto damage?

Potato chips work great.... (ask me how I know)

A few soft taco 6 packs, road trip to Oregon, 3 trucks all thinking they slyer than the other. No rig damage but a lot of Holy Fuck as a soft taco hits your windshield. Or so I was told...

Old 10-17-2019, 09:19 PM   #37 (permalink)

Member # 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinman View Post
I drive about the same as you do.
Yup, me too.
BossBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2019, 10:24 PM   #38 (permalink)
No

Member # 106663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy356 View Post

OH and fuck turn signals. You want to know how to NEVER get over? Turn on your turn signal. The asshole beside you will make sure he adjust his speed to prevent you from getting where you need to be.

So when you see a car waiting to turn onto the road you're on and you're going to turn right into the parking lot or side street that they are trying to turn right or left out of you deliberately don't signal your intentions so they have to wait for nothing?

That's the kind of non signaling bullshit that pisses me off.

I just got back from a Couple hundred mile drive into a congested city and back in my 1 ton crewcab longbed with a topper with no side windows and my only rear views with side mirrors and when I needed to change lanes in slow moving traffic I spotted my openings and briefly signalled as I basically jumped into them. It's not that hard to do.

I'm glad I don't have to deal with that crap every day but I can hang when I need to.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:44 AM   #39 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy McChevy View Post
So when you see a car waiting to turn onto the road you're on and you're going to turn right into the parking lot or side street that they are trying to turn right or left out of you deliberately don't signal your intentions so they have to wait for nothing?

That's the kind of non signaling bullshit that pisses me off. .
Out here where I live many of us will signal a car ahead of us waiting to pull out if we are going to turn before them. If its safe for them to pull out of course. And many will flash our headlights once to let them know we see them, and we have our turn signal on. Kinda neat.

Another thing we country folk will do, if we are going to make a left turn off the FM road, and cars are behind us, but none coming at us is we will swing over in the oncoming lane to slow down and make our left turn without causing the traffic behind us to have to slow while we make our turn. Not everyone does this, but it does happen a lot.
So don't let it rock your world if someone does that.

The other thing you will see on the interstate that will make your day is if you are coming up behind a car that is behind a semi and you are thinking they may pull over into the passing lane you are in to pass the semi, thereby blocking your faster pass. IF they are planning on getting off at the next exit and don't want to pass the truck, they will hit their right turn signal well before you all get there and let you know they are staying in that lane to take the next exit. So go ahead and maintain your speed and 0ass on the left.

But, be aware there are many people moving here who don't care or know our customs, like moving to the shoulder on a 2 lane road so you can pass with oncoming traffic, and it's not the same friendly place anymore.

Too many selfish bastards on the roads now here in Texas. And many of them are not true Texans.

I think we should teach kids how to play the "Mother May I " game again. It taught kids manners that make driving a lot better.

I hate people who camp out next to a semi at 60 mph on a 70 mph highway. Or 80 mph! Shut or get off the pot.

Oh and the DPS will pull you over and ask you why you are camped out in the passing lane, if he's got the time to fuck with you. Passing lane is for passing. Slower cars are legally required to drive in the right lanes. (And that's probable cause to check your car here. Drug Runners are caught by the dozens this way. I was on the Grand Jury and you would not believe how many were caught this way.)

Yeehaaaaaaaa
src="
border="0" alt="" title="flipoff2" class="inlineimg" />
SSSRodeo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2019, 07:24 AM   #40 (permalink)

Member # 125361
Quote:
This.

If I am in the fast lane and someone comes hauling ass up on me while I am passing people, I go faster and then get the fuck out of the way. Keep the fucking traffic moving!
Nope. Never again.

Cops don’t care if you were passing cars in a slower lane and someone caught up to you—you were the car they clocked & you get the ticket, not the asshole that zoomed up behind you and was tailgating you. Cop didn’t clock that guy because you were in front of him.

He goes on his merry way laughing at you pulled over at the side of the road.

Keep going whatever speed you were going & move over when safe.

"A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"
U.P. Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2019, 09:05 AM   #41 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 256962
Quote:
10mm sockets out the sun roof "it could have fallen off of any vehicle your honor".
arse_sidewards is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2019, 09:18 AM   #42 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 18433
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.P. Jeep View Post
Nope. Never again.

Cops don’t care if you were passing cars in a slower lane and someone caught up to you—you were the car they clocked & you get the ticket, not the asshole that zoomed up behind you and was tailgating you. Cop didn’t clock that guy because you were in front of him.

He goes on his merry way laughing at you pulled over at the side of the road.

Keep going whatever speed you were going & move over when safe.
You have been involved in that scenario? I have noticed the opposite in my commute, around here its usually the guy at the end of the line getting the ticket, I have also been that guy.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:19 AM   #43 (permalink)

Member # 80349
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYJOHN View Post
Quote:
Brake check then launch a cheeseburger toward their windshield. :-)

FTFY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatg9659 View Post
I think this is the appropriate way to deal with tailgaters

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EEH9Zwo8JEM

That pistol-whip had to hurt; the Desert Eagle is a heavy bitch!:-)

Quote:
This.

This.
The cheeseburger comment shot the food out of my mouth. Thanks.

I do weird things to people when they tailgate like a-holes. I like to put the tailgate window down and start dancing, or do quick repetitive 180's in my seat, and sometimes i curse at them in sign language.

Usually they assume i am a head case (correct) and back off till I move over.

Last edited by muddeprived; 10-18-2019 at 09:20 AM.
muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2019, 09:28 AM   #44 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Uzi View Post
Miatas suck and need to get the fuck out of the way.
How does this apply to me? You're WAY behind the times Bunkie.
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Salesmen and women. God sells to the ignorant.
SanDiegoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2019, 10:33 AM   #45 (permalink)

Member # 96278
Finish the pass safely. Whether they ride my ass or keep a respectful distance may or may not influence how quickly I finish said pass.

And living in the sticks with where the highways only have 2 lanes and you know where the cops sit FTW.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:08 AM   #46 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 52443
Made vid so you see I'm not talking out my ass.

Drive home from work today, it's a bit wet as well. Still everyone is over 80 mph.

https://youtu.be/JEkM-olI7nI
Old 10-18-2019, 11:15 AM   #47 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 18433
Quote:
Originally Posted by ev13wt View Post
Made vid so you see I'm not talking out my ass.

Drive home from work today, it's a bit wet as well. Still everyone is over 80 mph.

https://youtu.be/JEkM-olI7nI
I just got back from.germany and was expecting some sort of awesome driving experience where evreyone was on the same page and blah blah blah.... well the autobahn was a huge let down, still had left lane campers, people paceing each other and our drivers were still passing people on the right. I usually drive faster on my commute and on the highways around here, average speeds are 75+ with no traffic around here. The only real difference was germans dont fuck around with merging, was odd to see zipper merging actually working!!

Also germans suck at navigating, holt shit I have never been lost so many times in my life (not driving).
Old 10-18-2019, 11:26 AM   #48 (permalink)

Member # 253146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce 40s View Post
How many of you fuckers who pass at your leisure holding up tailgaters are the same ones who pass on the right
So those total EVERNOOBS, left lane loafing are just fine to continue on and cause even more bullshit? I will pass on the right, if there is a lane there. Never on the shoulder, or "in the grass" as you posted. Fucking left lane is for passing, right lanes are for cruising. Its not rocket science there chief, and its usually clogged up by someone doing 15mph BELOW the posted limit
BLOODBANE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2019, 11:29 AM   #49 (permalink)

Member # 125361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gslander View Post
You have been involved in that scenario? I have noticed the opposite in my commute, around here its usually the guy at the end of the line getting the ticket, I have also been that guy.
Yep. VA state trooper didn’t care. He had me on radar/laser and told me “I clocked you, not the guy behind you”.

That’s why I said: “Nope, never again”.

"A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"
U.P. Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2019, 12:27 PM   #50 (permalink)

Member # 4135
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddeprived View Post
or do quick repetitive 180's in my seat, and sometimes i curse at them in sign language.
How exactly are you turning 180's in your seat while driving and not crash? You're either gonna be facing the wrong way in the seat or upside down?
The press is a gang of cruel faggots. Journalism is not a profession or a trade. It is a cheap catch-all for fuckoffs and misfits—a false doorway to the backside of life, a filthy piss-ridden little hole nailed off by the building inspector
wheelerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in