I hate being old and caring about politics. - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2019, 08:39 AM   #26 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADChevy4x4 View Post
And from the replies here on PBB, some must sit in front of the news for hours getting all worked up..then come here and tell it all like it's first hand information so they sound what they think is very intelligent...
Also true. I also love all the "Clinton suicide" conspiracy theories. According to the people that subscribe to that the Clintons make the Mafia of 1900-1960 look like rank amateurs.
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Salesmen and women. God sells to the ignorant.
SanDiegoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2019, 08:53 AM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subybaja View Post

Now....I'm pretty sure Trump wouldn't have stooped to that response so.......

I'm just saying. .....and I see it all the time on the webs. Normal people of all types calling him stupid, dumb, racist,Hitler,Nazi, Moron and all of it. It's like these people are getting payed to go around the web and comment on shit. Not one of then could qualify to give this dude a blow job yet they feel compelled to tell the world how stupid he is. Even the news media. It's at the point I can't trust the content at all.

The older I get the more I feel like the world is purely designed to piss me off.
BossBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2019, 09:04 AM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMG View Post
Aside from in local elections, your vote is useless and the candidates arenít that different, when you look at the actual effects.

Take a deep breath, try to do good things locally and wait until enough people get off the porch.
Don't get me started on local elections. Remember. I live in Oregon We actually tried to impeach our Governor and failed this year. This bitch wants to force feed us higher taxes,ignores the death penalty,and insists that climate change needs all out money. All of which we already voted opposite. Talk about useless votes. This state is so blue a Smurf would be jealous.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:25 AM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 548137
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossBuilt View Post

I'm just saying. .....and I see it all the time on the webs. Normal people of all types calling him stupid, dumb, racist,Hitler,Nazi, Moron and all of it. It's like these people are getting payed to go around the web and comment on shit. Not one of then could qualify to give this dude a blow job yet they feel compelled to tell the world how stupid he is. Even the news media. It's at the point I can't trust the content at all.

The older I get the more I feel like the world is purely designed to piss me off.
Unfortunately with social media and the internet in general, anyone who can string 3 words together coherently can write, publish and build an audience spreading any message they can think of. Will be interesting to see how much money is spent on Fakebook and others during this next election cycle spewing complete bullshit.

It's no longer good enough to question the source, the shit flows from everywhere

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
denverd1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2019, 09:56 AM   #30 (permalink)

Member # 152210
I vote. But, it doesn't amount to much.
I ran for office and won (big deal local school board) I promised to serve one term and accomplish 3 things I thought were important... and we did those three things... and even though I had plenty of support to run again, I said, nope, I said I wanted the luxury of integrity by doing one term and focusing on that... and I did not run again.

One of my relatives is a congressman and it looks like a shitty business.

I don't care about politics, I think it goes like it goes whether I do or I don't, so I spend my energy on stuff I can make a difference on. My wife works with foster kids and it turns out if you focus on her case load, 25 kids, you can actually help about half of them. The other half just aren't ready or it just isn't the right time or their issues are greater than the help we provided...

My post retirement career is cool. I actually get to help people and while I do have to deal with some political people, I try to marginalize those interactions as they always include compromises that are not cool.

One thing I know from meeting political people, generals etc who make world wide decisions.... they are very regular people and all very flawed... it is usually their ego and their ambition that lead them to their roles.. not intelligence nor talent... When these dudes do the stuff they do... they aren't more capable than regular people... just more obsessed with being 'important'...

which should be a concern. Our democracy is strong... it was designed by people who knew our frailties and they planned for it... Stand by, another retard is on the way to 'save us'.... and we'll survive that too.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:10 AM   #31 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 236179
I find by not watching the news, the country ain't doing so bad.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:38 AM   #32 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 138976
Quote:
In reality it's a well designed trap. But to what end?
how many millionaires has government printed in the last 300 years here in the US

the government is one the absolute dominate sectors of our economy these days, instead of working and building a business, an elected position can be the fastest way to securing financial security

that doesn't happen by accident. but yeah, it has been what seems like quite a while since we've had an assassination attempt (sorry congressmen, you don't count as important enough. somebody could blow up parliament and all us peasants wouldn't blink an eye)

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2019, 11:04 AM   #33 (permalink)
ADD

Member # 22080
Quote:

Kinda like 90% of this board did for 8 years with Obama?
Just saying......

Pot, have you met kettle?
Old 10-19-2019, 11:19 AM   #34 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoCJ View Post
Also true. I also love all the "Clinton suicide" conspiracy theories. According to the people that subscribe to that the Clintons make the Mafia of 1900-1960 look like rank amateurs.
This one is fun. As if the Clintons aren't a PR team for thousands of constituents who all have varying interests and connections themselves. But no, it is just these two people. Not the business interests they represent.
Action Fab is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2019, 12:40 PM   #35 (permalink)

Member # 7412
this country was just as fucked up 150 years ago.
Old 10-19-2019, 12:45 PM   #36 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
Kinda like 90% of this board did for 8 years with Obama?
Just saying......

Pot, have you met kettle?
True. The bullshit heaped on Obama here was just like what BossBuilt is saying has happened to Trump.
All sides are equally as guilty of this stuff.
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Salesmen and women. God sells to the ignorant.

Last edited by SanDiegoCJ; 10-19-2019 at 12:46 PM.
SanDiegoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2019, 01:31 PM   #37 (permalink)

Member # 9307
Nobel peace prize for no reason... impeachment for no reason. Damn it is the same.
Mr.RatBastard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2019, 02:59 PM   #38 (permalink)
E. Spengler

Member # 206384
Quote:

Now....I'm pretty sure Trump wouldn't have stooped to that response so.......:flipoff2
I was pointing out that you had just given me essentially that response. I guess you missed that. "Trump's a dipshit." "So what are you?"

You're pretty sure of that? Because you're so confident of his thoughtful, intelligent presidential bearing?

He sounds like everdouche.

I actually don't hate his presidency, as Republicans go...he's just obnoxious.
Old 10-19-2019, 03:47 PM   #39 (permalink)
Green bastard

Member # 123458
How you feeling about not getting enough signatures to recall cunt brown?
Old 10-19-2019, 04:29 PM   #40 (permalink)

Member # 775873
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunracer1 View Post
this country was just as fucked up 150 years ago.
I say we bring back the duel , it would be fun .
FJC11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2019, 05:16 PM   #41 (permalink)

Member # 178200
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1guy View Post
I find by not watching the news, the country ain't doing so bad.
This x 100000000

Only news I hear about comes from the PBB and I take it with a grain of salt. I gave up watching the news & TV in general about 3yrs ago when I moved to Tx. Life is good.
SLOWPOKE693 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2019, 09:18 PM   #42 (permalink)

Member # 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by cslimfu View Post
How you feeling about not getting enough signatures to recall cunt brown?
Disappointed. I don't understand how these people can still want her around when she has no respect for our choices. It's baffling. She's blue and they hate Trump so they keep her.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:40 PM   #43 (permalink)

Member # 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subybaja View Post
I was pointing out that you had just given me essentially that response. I guess you missed that. "Trump's a dipshit." "So what are you?"

You're pretty sure of that? Because you're so confident of his thoughtful, intelligent presidential bearing?

He sounds like everdouche.

I actually don't hate his presidency, as Republicans go...he's just obnoxious.

No I got your point and you're right. I Tend to look past his obnoxious persona and enjoy that it stirs the pot. I'm sick that way. I see what he's doing and like how he thinks. Like all humans he has his strengths and weaknesses. If he was a great speaker (by the way has nothing to do with intelligence) I think things would be very different. I'm of the opinion that he thinks further and deeper than most people think or can comprehend
. It's fucked that the media is making him hurdle but he has exposed them and they have no choice but to dig their hole deeper. He brought it on himself which is regrettable but at the same time he has exposed their hypocrisy and bias. I think it's important that people know they are being lied to.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:44 PM   #44 (permalink)

Member # 701161
We'll be better off when all the boomers die off
ridedirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2019, 09:58 PM   #45 (permalink)

Member # 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridedirt1 View Post
We'll be better off when all the boomers die off
Yeah cuz they are the problem This shit is cycling. Until you sheep figure that out it will cycle for another 150 years. Have fun with your delusions.
Old 10-20-2019, 01:39 AM   #46 (permalink)
E. Spengler

Member # 206384
You've got a good point. "EverDouche for President" is a pretty fantastic recipe for luls.

I'm still not convinced on the 3d-chess thing. He's fantastic at tweaking the noses of the media, but I don't see any over-arching strategy or direction. But maybe he's such a super-genius that he can flawlessly maintain his cover as an average doofus...

I've been getting a real chuckle out of my liberal friends saying "He's going to declate martial law, and refuse to step down!!! " Because 1) horseshit, and 2) I heard exactly the same line about Obama from conservative friends!
Old 10-20-2019, 09:46 AM   #47 (permalink)

Member # 6359
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_81067 View Post
Video unavailable. That was fast
Old 10-20-2019, 10:16 AM   #48 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 151139
I am not really a fan of how Trump structures a conversation. ď I had a call with Ukraine and it was PERFECT! NOBODY couldíve had a better call with the Ukraine! Everything I said was BEAUTIFUL!ď It just sounds ...... insecure or dumb. But thatís who he is, and even though I would much prefer a Paul (Rand or Ron), he is better than about anyone else on the field.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:55 AM   #49 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy356 View Post
I am not really a fan of how Trump structures a conversation. ď I had a call with Ukraine and it was PERFECT! NOBODY couldíve had a better call with the Ukraine! Everything I said was BEAUTIFUL!ď It just sounds ...... insecure or dumb. But thatís who he is, and even though I would much prefer a Paul (Rand or Ron), he is better than about anyone else on the field.
I'm starting to agree with position. I really don't like the way the guy talks. But he's doing a good job of shaking things up and making people question the establishment. Maybe that's all his roll really needs to be.

Like the cartoon Tanzanian Devil: "A ravenous beast with jaws like a steal trap - Eats (list of everything)" - followed by headlines of hysteria about how he'll eat you.

I hope he clears the way for meaningful change. The Left has a strong hold that needs to be broken (mentally). It's not the kind of thing that war could break. It's a mentality that has manifested itself as a humanitarian movement. It's good that people are beginning to think for themselves and wake up from the brainwashing of the Left. I believe Trump and his anti-establishment message has a lot to do with that. Even people who hate trump have sought to figure things out on his behalf.
Action Fab is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2019, 11:32 AM   #50 (permalink)

Member # 775873
For years the Dems spewed whatever bullshit they wanted and the media carries their water.

The left is going insane that Trump calls them on their bullshit, I admit it is very entertaining .
FJC11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in