I hate being old and caring about politics. - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2019, 11:33 AM   #51 (permalink)
IMA BUM

Member # 27141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwenil View Post
Yeah, Trump isn't perfect, but he's what we need right now...
I voted for Trump.

My vote wasn't so much to vote against Clinton to get Trump into office, my vote was purely for going against status quo. Status quo hasn't worked in a long time!

Trump is doing exactly what this country needs, he's rocking the political applecart!

As for really following politics, I've have other things in my life that to me are more important. I struggle everyday just to stay comfortable, I ain't going to let politics burn a hole in my gut.

Just saying!

*side note* I was alive when Kennedy was assassinated, but I was only a year old. The current events that I can recall, and when I really started to pay attention to what shit was hitting the fan in any given year, was Vietnam and Charles Manson.
Old 10-20-2019, 12:03 PM   #52 (permalink)

Member # 775873
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridedirt1 View Post
We'll be better off when all the boomers die off
Why ? what has your generation done ?
FJC11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2019, 01:00 PM   #53 (permalink)

Member # 253146
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunracer1 View Post
this country was just as fucked up 150 years ago.
Yep sure was. Didnt need a license to......
Build a house
get married
hunt
fish
collect rain water
own a horse
drive a wagon
own or buy a gun
PAY FEDERAL TAXES...
I can go on and on. And before you spout off about the Indians, YES, they got fucked over (A LOT), but so did the Orientals, the Irish, The blacks, and any number of extremely poor folks that immigrated here.

If you wanted to make something of your self, you got out and got it.you were not taxed to death trying to get it.
Yep 150 years ago it was just as bad as now....
BLOODBANE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2019, 01:04 PM   #54 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOODBANE View Post
Build a house
get married
hunt
fish
collect rain water
own a horse
drive a wagon
own or buy a gun
PAY FEDERAL TAXES...
I can go on and on. And before you spout off about the Indians, YES, they got fucked over (A LOT), but so did the Orientals, the Irish, The blacks, and any number of extremely poor folks that immigrated here.

If you wanted to make something of your self, you got out and got it.you were not taxed to death trying to get it.
Depending on who you were. In Arkansas, if you were a Creek, it was a lot worse 150 years ago.
Action Fab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2019, 04:32 PM   #55 (permalink)

Member # 1760
Quote:
And before you spout off about the Indians, YES, they got fucked over
They were fucking themselves over before we even got here. We were just better at it.
BossBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2019, 05:02 PM   #56 (permalink)

Member # 226216
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoCJ View Post
Also true. I also love all the "Clinton suicide" conspiracy theories. According to the people that subscribe to that the Clintons make the Mafia of 1900-1960 look like rank amateurs.

How so? The mafia has managed to remain off the radar for the people they off. Vs the Clintons have been on the radar for 20+ years. They just have the influence to prevent prosecution apparently.

Or is this another one of your “You took what I said out of context and I didnt even comment on what you thought I said.” Sort of posts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thefishguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2019, 05:07 PM   #57 (permalink)

Member # 226216
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossBuilt View Post
Yeah cuz they are the problem This shit is cycling. Until you sheep figure that out it will cycle for another 150 years. Have fun with your delusions.

This^^^
When the boomers are gone are we blaming gen X next? Or do we skip straight to OB. It’s always Overbears fault...

Old 10-20-2019, 05:41 PM   #58 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefishguy77 View Post
How so? The mafia has managed to remain off the radar for the people they off. Vs the Clintons have been on the radar for 20+ years. They just have the influence to prevent prosecution apparently.

Or is this another one of your “You took what I said out of context and I didnt even comment on what you thought I said.” Sort of posts?

You need to keep up with the times. The mafia is a dim shadow of it's former self. That's why I stated a timeframe. Another post I made you'll probably deny I did.
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Salesmen and women. God sells to the ignorant.
SanDiegoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2019, 05:57 PM   #59 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Quote:
. The mafia is a dim shadow of it's former self.
I'm going to disagree entirely. They seem to be an even larger part of the world's business affairs than ever before and particularly seem to navigate within the chambers of policymaking directly. I would say there is ample evidence to indicate most members of most local governments are affiliated to organizated criminal organizations. Likewise many nonprofits are also fronts for these government programs to funnel tax revenue through.
Action Fab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2019, 06:00 PM   #60 (permalink)

Member # 1760
Quote:
You need to keep up with the times. The mafia is a dim shadow of it's former self. That's why I stated a timeframe. Another post I made you'll probably deny I did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Fab View Post
I'm going to disagree entirely. They seem to be an even larger part of the world's business affairs than ever before and particularly seem to navigate within the chambers of policymaking directly. I would say there is ample evidence to indicate most members of most local governments are affiliated to organizated criminal organizations. Likewise many nonprofits are also fronts for these government programs to funnel tax revenue through.
It's still here. It's called the Democrat Party now.
BossBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2019, 08:08 AM   #61 (permalink)

Member # 7412
Quote:
Build a house
get married
hunt
fish
collect rain water
own a horse
drive a wagon
own or buy a gun
PAY FEDERAL TAXES...

this thread is about politics, not the country as a whole.
Old 10-21-2019, 09:36 AM   #62 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 236179
If you guys think Trump is rough around the edges, read about some of the things said is 19th century politics. They'd say their opponent was seen fucking a chicken.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:00 AM   #63 (permalink)

Member # 85483
52 here. I remember the Carter years very well. I remember sitting in the gas lines and pushing the car to the pump so not to use any waiting in line...something like 10gals at a time was all that was allowed. Can remember all the gas stations with (No Gas) signs.

I think the biggest difference today than back then was people attitudes and common discourse.

I remember going to the worlds fair in Knoxville. Reagan and Carter were both there making an appearance. Our house hold was not Carter fans but I never heard my dad bad mouth him. While at the fair we seen a crowd coming our way and heard it was Reagan and Carter. I popped off "who in the heck wants to see Carter?"

Dad quickly grabbed me by the arm and pulled me to the side and said, "Listen son, we may not agree with him and we may have our reasons but, he is the President of this country and that alone is enough to show our respect".

I remember that generally being the attitudes among people. Even the ones that didn't like Reagan when he won.

All that really begin to change with Bush Sr and has ratcheted up with every President since.

Personally I think its from the introduction of the internet and social media. It got turned up to 11 with FB along the 24 hour news sensationalizing everything for a story.

That's my opinion...you're welcome to make it your own.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:29 AM   #64 (permalink)

Member # 198851
^^^^^ I would say that's pretty accurate picture.And much of the conversation on this forum supports that..However, as I said before, I was in college when Nixon was going down and there plenty bashing from the media and individals...And Carter did get bashed for the Iranian diaster..But it tended to fade away in time ...
ADChevy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2019, 11:26 AM   #65 (permalink)
Hophead

Member # 4829
Send a message via AIM to Joe_W
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefishguy77 View Post
This^^^
When the boomers are gone are we blaming gen X next? Or do we skip straight to OB. It’s always Overbears fault...

Correct. Blaming the older generation is nothing new, we did it too, 40 years ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumping View Post
52 here. I remember the Carter years very well. I remember sitting in the gas lines and pushing the car to the pump so not to use any waiting in line...something like 10gals at a time was all that was allowed. Can remember all the gas stations with (No Gas) signs.

I think the biggest difference today than back then was people attitudes and common discourse.

I remember going to the worlds fair in Knoxville. Reagan and Carter were both there making an appearance. Our house hold was not Carter fans but I never heard my dad bad mouth him. While at the fair we seen a crowd coming our way and heard it was Reagan and Carter. I popped off "who in the heck wants to see Carter?"

Dad quickly grabbed me by the arm and pulled me to the side and said, "Listen son, we may not agree with him and we may have our reasons but, he is the President of this country and that alone is enough to show our respect".

I remember that generally being the attitudes among people. Even the ones that didn't like Reagan when he won.

All that really begin to change with Bush Sr and has ratcheted up with every President since.

Personally I think its from the introduction of the internet and social media. It got turned up to 11 with FB along the 24 hour news sensationalizing everything for a story.

That's my opinion...you're welcome to make it your own.
Well said

I will say that in the northeast where I was Carter's gas crisis of 79 was not nearly as bad as Nixon's in 73. That's when I remember the scenario of pushing cars and stations out of gas. We made out better in 79, just had to do the alternating gas days according to license plate.

It's crazy to think about that now, I can't even imagine how people today would deal with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddin
The vagina doubles as a neat little fanny pack.
Joe_W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2019, 11:54 AM   #66 (permalink)

Member # 152210
Quote:
sacramento is run by the russian mob. don't kid yourself.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:58 AM   #67 (permalink)
Oh Jesus Tits....

Member # 17554
49 and I'm sick of it all. Both sides are irredeemably corrupt and sold out to the highest bidder.

Trump is doing a pretty good job exposing the establishment on both sides as well as the media for what it is. I like the fact that he's not really sold out to anyone, aside from himself and his own narcissism.

But then he says stupid shit that makes me cringe.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:58 AM   #68 (permalink)

Member # 28880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_W View Post
I will say that in the northeast where I was Carter's gas crisis of 79 was not nearly as bad as Nixon's in 73. That's when I remember the scenario of pushing cars and stations out of gas. We made out better in 79, just had to do the alternating gas days according to license plate.

It's crazy to think about that now, I can't even imagine how people today would deal with that
The amount of smugness from electric car owners alone would start some sort of civil war.
Harry Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2019, 12:02 PM   #69 (permalink)

Member # 85483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Johnson View Post
The amount of smugness from electric car owners alone would start some sort of civil war.
That depends on how big of an energy crisis it would be. Electric could also be rationed.

The truly smug ones would be wearing bicycle shorts and helmets....

edit: Can you imagine the hysteria if there were another Ted Kaczynski aka Unabomber?

Last edited by thumping; 10-21-2019 at 12:06 PM.
thumping is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2019, 07:07 PM   #70 (permalink)

Member # 226216
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumping View Post
That depends on how big of an energy crisis it would be. Electric could also be rationed.

The truly smug ones would be wearing bicycle shorts and helmets....

edit: Can you imagine the hysteria if there were another Ted Kaczynski aka Unabomber?

We have had a few. Recently wasn’t there someone in Texas that was mailing bombs. Through FedEx “I think”, that usually means I am wrong, and they got caught. Its funny how the media can almost completely ignore serious stuff for a look over here moment.

Old 10-22-2019, 04:16 PM   #71 (permalink)

Member # 2741
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRNDRVR View Post
I voted for Trump.

My vote wasn't so much to vote against Clinton to get Trump into office, my vote was purely for going against status quo. Status quo hasn't worked in a long time!

Trump is doing exactly what this country needs, he's rocking the political applecart!

As for really following politics, I've have other things in my life that to me are more important. I struggle everyday just to stay comfortable, I ain't going to let politics burn a hole in my gut.

Just saying!

*side note* I was alive when Kennedy was assassinated, but I was only a year old. The current events that I can recall, and when I really started to pay attention to what shit was hitting the fan in any given year, was Vietnam and Charles Manson.
How exactly is Trump rocking the political applecart? For a bunch of guys that lean on the constitution and it's amendments for your rights, you (collectively) sure are oddly OK with Trump and his turtle faced crony completely ignoring most of them.
Schly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2019, 04:52 PM   #72 (permalink)
IMA BUM

Member # 27141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schly View Post
How exactly is Trump rocking the political applecart?
Simple, he's not a politician. Never has been! Never will be!
Old 10-22-2019, 05:42 PM   #73 (permalink)

Member # 2741
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRNDRVR View Post
Simple, he's not a politician. Never has been! Never will be!
Please, more vague if possible.
Schly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2019, 06:13 PM   #74 (permalink)

Member # 221528
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossBuilt View Post
Don't get me started on local elections. Remember. I live in Oregon We actually tried to impeach our Governor and failed this year. This bitch wants to force feed us higher taxes,ignores the death penalty,and insists that climate change needs all out money. All of which we already voted opposite. Talk about useless votes. This state is so blue a Smurf would be jealous.
Oregon is likely fucked for the foreseeable future. Too many socialist twats voting for socialist twats. Good chance they're going to wipe their ass with the second ammendment next year and turn a lot of people into felons.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
DEACON71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2019, 06:58 AM   #75 (permalink)

Member # 168382
This thread lends supporting details of how the presidents racism hasn't been a deal breaker for wonderbread republicans.
JPop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in