Andrew Camarata - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2019, 11:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 110516
Andrew Camarata

Anyone else watch this dude on the YouTube? I find him highly entertaining. Guy is building an excavation company from nothing while filming a large portion of his work and work on equipment/trucks/playtoys/shop etc. Also does some decent videography especially doing pretty much everything himself. Definitely seems like a solid dude. I do watch his vids on 1.25 speed because they are generally pretty long and he doesn't talk all that fast Latest vid:

https://youtu.be/Av1XuYbL06Y

Tried to blackstar embed, but don't think it worked?? When did that quit working? Fuck. Anyways, give the dude a shot. Some of you might find him entertaining. Otherwise, ignore.

Last edited by KDXSR5; 10-18-2019 at 11:29 PM.
KDXSR5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2019, 11:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 81619
I have a buddy that did this. He started with a Bobact 80ish mini ex and 880 and now he has multiple Cat 330s, D3/6/9 and a fleet of trucks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1st Recline Bn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2019, 11:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 110516
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st Recline Bn View Post
I have a buddy that did this. He started with a Bobact 80ish mini ex and 880 and now he has multiple Cat 330s, D3/6/9 and a fleet of trucks.
Did he also post the whole thing on the YouTube? Is his name Andrew by chance?
Old 10-18-2019, 11:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 81619
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDXSR5 View Post
Did he also post the whole thing on the YouTube? Is his name Andrew by chance?
No

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1st Recline Bn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2019, 11:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 95025
Cool.

I watched his 5ton trailer refurb vid.

President Trump on building the wall:
"THIS IS WHERE WE HOLD THEM!!! THIS IS WHERE WE FIGHT!!! THIS IS WHERE THEY'RE DEPORTED!!!"

V.P.Pence:
BUILD THIS WALL, BOYS!!!

Fearless Indians:
Awe-Ooo!!!
CDA 455 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2019, 12:04 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 95763
Where do you find the time to film/edit/post while building a company?
KarlVP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2019, 12:05 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 110516
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDA 455 View Post
Cool.

I watched his 5ton trailer refurb vid.
Nice. Glad you got some entertainment and hopefully something useful out of it.

It seems like he is not afraid to dive in to just about any project and definitely seems to have a pretty good mechanical head on his shoulders. He also does better with electrical than probably half the people on this board. Sometimes his methods are a bit unorthodox, and sometimes his work isn't really what I would call "acceptable" to some professionals in the engineering field, but the guy is getting shit done and making a name for himself. And putting out a bunch of decent content about it at the same time. Definitely a go getter that I wish more of his and my generation had in them.
Old 10-19-2019, 12:07 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 110516
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlVP View Post
No idea, but he is getting it done. Seems to have a lot more drive than most people I encounter.
Old 10-19-2019, 12:12 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 110516
The guy built his own castle inspired shop out of shipping containers for crap sakes. That has got to interest some of you weirdos on here who get a hard on for shipping container shops.
Old 10-19-2019, 12:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 230823
I catch a video here and there... he has a hell of a work effort and “get it done” attitude. BUT I don’t really see him ever having anything nice. He seems to beat the shit out of any machine he gets on.
Twankie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2019, 12:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
Rednek

Member # 52387
Send a message via AIM to billybob_81067 Send a message via MSN to billybob_81067 Send a message via Yahoo to billybob_81067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twankie View Post
I catch a video here and there... he has a hell of a work effort and “get it done” attitude. BUT I don’t really see him ever having anything nice. He seems to beat the shit out of any machine he gets on.

This.

I remember watching him fix some rusted rocker panels on one of his dodge pickups with some tin and sheet metal screws. Also cut a hole in the dash with a chainsaw or something absurd.

He does have a good work ethic, but some shit he does is hack as all hell. I wish I could be more like him actually, cause sometimes I get so fucking picky about stuff that my projects end up taking for-fucking-ever...
Old 10-19-2019, 12:49 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 110516
Oh he is definitely hard on shit. It is also painful to watch him work on these rusted out vehicles. It is insane how nasty some of these relatively new vehicles are from just corrosion. I wonder if he did have nicer stuff if he would put more care into working on it? Sometimes I think he is just putting in the amount of effort that the price point of the vehicle deserves. Other times I think that is just the level he works on everything at. Either way he gets shit done.
Old 10-19-2019, 01:35 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 104539
he isnt doing it by himself.. someone's got to be filming him when the camera is moving, and he is walkin around or driving.. I just wonder if its a hot chick, and does she ever show up on camera?
ArTi54N is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2019, 07:07 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 867790
I have been following him for a couple years. His vids are always entertaining and I often learn some new excavating tricks. He is pretty skilled with his equipment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTi54N View Post
he isnt doing it by himself.. someone's got to be filming him when the camera is moving, and he is walkin around or driving.. I just wonder if its a hot chick, and does she ever show up on camera?
Actually no, you will see him move his camera tripods from time to time throughout the videos. He also has a drone he utilizes a lot for the moving shots. He will occasionally have a helper for manual labor, but usually its him and his dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_81067 View Post
This.

I remember watching him fix some rusted rocker panels on one of his dodge pickups with some tin and sheet metal screws. Also cut a hole in the dash with a chainsaw or something absurd.
It seemed fitting for some old beat to shit dodges lol. He got the job done and it was his own shit. He actually does a pretty good job on customer work.

I remember on a septic system install he had to dig up and move a leach bed like 3 different times because the engineer kept changing the plans on him. She would show up on the site and completely change the shit on him. Plus made him change the storm drainage system twice, even though it was always done according to her plans. He handled a hell of a lot better than I would have. He just sucked it up and got back to work every time.
OverthrottleV2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2019, 07:26 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 161826
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverthrottleV2 View Post
I have been following him for a couple years. His vids are always entertaining and I often learn some new excavating tricks. He is pretty skilled with his equipment.

Actually no, you will see him move his camera tripods from time to time throughout the videos. He also has a drone he utilizes a lot for the moving shots. He will occasionally have a helper for manual labor, but usually its him and his dog.

It seemed fitting for some old beat to shit dodges lol. He got the job done and it was his own shit. He actually does a pretty good job on customer work.

I remember on a septic system install he had to dig up and move a leach bed like 3 different times because the engineer kept changing the plans on him. She would show up on the site and completely change the shit on him. Plus made him change the storm drainage system twice, even though it was always done according to her plans. He handled a hell of a lot better than I would have. He just sucked it up and got back to work every time.
I liked the stone steps he placed from junk he found while excavating the leech field.
pdangerp is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2019, 07:47 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 110516
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTi54N View Post
He uses one of his drones to follow him. They work at people level too. Every great once in a while he shows a little bit of how he does some of his videography, but it is rare.

Last edited by KDXSR5; 10-19-2019 at 07:49 AM.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:19 AM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 146689
Quote:

It's called a change order.... If he has half a brain he didn't lose anything.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:22 AM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 91648
Quote:
even though it was always done according to her plans. He handled a hell of a lot better than I would have. He just sucked it up and got back to work every time.
Change-work order. +$$$ and you don't need to spend any of it to move your equipment to a new work site.
GMGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2019, 10:28 AM   #19 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Quote:
We launched a YouTube series for my wifes training business. We film and upload once a week. We bought a farm in Florida and have 3 horse properties here in Arkansas. We have several of rent houses. We read a dozen or more books every year, go to the gym 3 days a week, cook meals instead of eat out. I'm building a shop. I still do probably 20-30 hours of fab work a month and tend to all out trucks/equipment and facilities.

It requires teamwork and getting up at 5am and going to bed at midnight.

Last edited by Action Fab; 10-20-2019 at 07:47 AM.
Action Fab is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2019, 10:35 AM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 20099
Quote:
Ive watched his vids here and there and i wondered too.

I generally work till im pooped. Like came home last night and kicked off my boots and coat. Made it to the bedroom to get a shower... woke up at 6 this morning.
No idea what happened in between that.

Of all the guys ive had work for ne over the years, only a few outworked me. One to the point that i had to question if he was even human.
Give him a task that should take 2-3 hrs and 30 mins later he'd be vack asking what else needed done.
Guy i have now, a 2hr job somehow takes 2 days.

Last edited by nate379; 10-19-2019 at 10:40 AM.
nate379 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2019, 10:23 PM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 80349
The recent washing machine fix had me laughing.....
muddeprived is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2019, 12:21 AM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 1515
Send a message via AIM to Po' riggity Send a message via Yahoo to Po' riggity
From that video you linked he just looks like a guy who doesn't fix things right, he just hacks them all to hell until they work, sorta.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:05 AM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 62308
One of the few channels I follow. I found the bridge build a while ago, and got hooked by his house, then unorthodox hot tub build. I mostly watch the building/ landscaping videos, they are weirdly calming on a hectic day.
buzzbombxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2019, 03:12 PM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 232221
I watched his vids till I realized how much of a hack he is...I didn't want it to rub off on me
siduramaxde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2019, 03:36 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 130142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twankie View Post
I watch him on occasion as well, and hes super fuckin hard on everything. Seems to be pretty efficient and does a decent job on his excavation projects, except for concrete work. Im never impressed with that.

Almost all the "repair" videos Ive seen, hes a super hack at best. Zipping spark plugs in and out with an impact, changed a head gasket on a jet ski and acknowledged that it gave the sequence and torque spec right on the head but just hammered them all in with the impact, the dodge rocker panels was a good one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in