Let's Talk Heavy Equipment Again. - Page 10 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2019, 12:16 PM   #226 (permalink)
Change is good.

Member # 20631
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregj50 View Post
Fuck.... Iím all over this thread.... just bought an old farmhouse and acreage myself and contemplating the same as you, although smaller scale..... how many acres you talking about??? Forgive me if posted before!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you and Action Fab should team up and do his place then yours. I think you'd have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We didn't stop to say hi cause he's a fucking douchebag.
Roc Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2019, 06:44 PM   #227 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Are New Holland tracked skid steers as big'a piles of shit as the Hew Holland tractors?
Action Fab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2019, 07:00 AM   #228 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Also: I'm driving out to look at a 99 Kebelco ED180 Blade Runner.

It's a little rough, and it's been sitting for 5 years. But the owner claims the 4BT started right up when he put new batteries in. He claims it works great right now. It has 2600 hours. It's priced fairly and he was very honest that it would likely need some maintenance and repairs to put it back in service. I didn't get the impression that he was up-selling his machine. He bought it from a local energy department with intentions to resell and can offer delivery with the purchase price.

My question is do these Blade Runner machines really work as well as the promotional video claims? The fact that I never see these for sale seems to point to a fact that they are well liked and held onto. I could afford a dozer on top of this excavator bit I'm hoping I could get away without one if I bought a nicer tracked skid steer with a grading blade.

https://youtu.be/-UqEr4TvsGM
Old 11-12-2019, 07:38 AM   #229 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 25458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Fab View Post

It's a little rough, and it's been sitting for 5 years. But the owner claims the 4BT started right up when he put new batteries in. He claims it works great right now. It has 2600 hours. It's priced fairly and he was very honest that it would likely need some maintenance and repairs to put it back in service. I didn't get the impression that he was up-selling his machine. He bought it from a local energy department with intentions to resell and can offer delivery with the purchase price.

My question is do these Blade Runner machines really work as well as the promotional video claims? The fact that I never see these for sale seems to point to a fact that they are well liked and held onto. I could afford a dozer on top of this excavator bit I'm hoping I could get away without one if I bought a nicer tracked skid steer with a grading blade.

I could see this model having value for pipeline work or such where you are moving loose fill, but to use as a dozer for cutting and grading I would expect it to be very poor to useless. Travel speed is going to be very slow, and your traction for cutting would be poor with that style grouser.
CJeep77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2019, 07:49 AM   #230 (permalink)

Member # 102813
They work well when you need to backfill the ditch you just dug.

[COLOR="Lime"]The good guys...[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Marlin Crawler, Hellfire Fabworks, Dave'z Offroad, gearinstalls.com (Zuk), Diamond Axle, RADesigns, Advanced Adapters, Jantz Engineering, G-Fab motorsports, Got Propane, JHF [/COLOR]
Mr Stubs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2019, 07:49 AM   #231 (permalink)

Member # 44136
Quote:

2600 hrs seems awfully low for a 20 year old machine, especially if its rough. Ours see about 2000 a year.

As far as the blade, they are useful for spreading loose material(gravel), leveling and stabilizing the machine, and can help when loading a pile. They aren't that great at cutting grade, with only an up and down.
Snowbird13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2019, 07:57 AM   #232 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJeep77 View Post
I could see this model having value for pipeline work or such where you are moving loose fill, but to use as a dozer for cutting and grading I would expect it to be very poor to useless. Travel speed is going to be very slow, and your traction for cutting would be poor with that style grouser.
Max speed is 4.4mph.

Do you think a 150" 3 grouser under a 20 ton machine would be worse than a single grouser under a 10 ton 115" dozer?

This is the Dozer I have picked out if I buy one.

https://www.ritchiespecs.com/model/d...rawler-tractor
Old 11-12-2019, 07:58 AM   #233 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbird13 View Post
2600 hrs seems awfully low for a 20 year old machine, especially if its rough. Ours see about 2000 a year.

As far as the blade, they are useful for spreading loose material(gravel), leveling and stabilizing the machine, and can help when loading a pile. They aren't that great at cutting grade, with only an up and down.
Look up these blade runners. They use a 210 dozer undercarriage with a 6 way dozer blade.

It sat for 5 years before this guy bought it. He paid scrap and was honest about it. The big thing that makes it rough is the time it sat unused and the fact that the cab got hit and is tweaked so glass can't be put back in. This all makes it more affordable on my end too.

I do like old low hour machines. My 1970 International loader has 1700 hours and has been amazing to us. Only ever done fluids.

Last edited by Action Fab; 11-12-2019 at 08:04 AM.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:39 AM   #234 (permalink)

Member # 25632
Blade runners are bad ass, and highly sought after.

Sure a "real" dozer will get more production, but that would be the ideal machine for what you want.

My buddy has a 150 and loves it. I was just talking to another operator who has a buddy that builds logging roads and all he uses is a blade runner. Does absolutely everything with it, including loading the logs on the truck.

Last edited by YotaAtieToo; 11-12-2019 at 09:01 AM.
YotaAtieToo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2019, 08:55 AM   #235 (permalink)

Member # 44136
Quote:
Look up these blade runners. They use a 210 dozer undercarriage with a 6 way dozer blade.
Honestly don't see the point. Excavator will cut grade just as well in small areas. More stuff to go wrong on an old machine.

But I've also never been around one. All our machines with blades are 2 way

Last edited by Snowbird13; 11-12-2019 at 09:38 AM.
Snowbird13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2019, 09:33 AM   #236 (permalink)

Member # 81613
here is an auction coming up in a week, they have been setting up for the sale the past couple days, buy a truck and trailer to haul it

https://www.proxibid.com/Hunyady-Auc...catalog/170289
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2019, 10:29 AM   #237 (permalink)

Member # 74407
Just an fyi, if you buy a piece of equipment that requires an RGN to haul it, you're looking at aprox $1 per axle to haul it. So if its on a 3 axle truck and 3 axle trailer and its under gross (gonna have to be 40k or less for the machine) you're looking at around $6/mi because any machine that size is going to be an osow load. The co Im trying to hire onto now specializes in this type of hauling. They just had 3 trucks run equipment out of W Tx over to Ms at $6-8/mi per truck and theyre so busy they keep 20 trucks moving.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:45 AM   #238 (permalink)

Member # 52361
Quote:
Originally Posted by TireFryerSS View Post
Just an fyi, if you buy a piece of equipment that requires an RGN to haul it, you're looking at aprox $1 per axle to haul it. So if its on a 3 axle truck and 3 axle trailer and its under gross (gonna have to be 40k or less for the machine) you're looking at around $6/mi because any machine that size is going to be an osow load. The co Im trying to hire onto now specializes in this type of hauling. They just had 3 trucks run equipment out of W Tx over to Ms at $6-8/mi per truck and theyre so busy they keep 20 trucks moving.

Good rule of thumb, could you define rgn and osow?
PROJECTJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2019, 11:08 AM   #239 (permalink)

Member # 193950
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROJECTJUNKIE View Post
Good rule of thumb, could you define rgn and osow?
RGN = Removable Goosneck - A low bed where the goosneck comes off to drive something up the front of the trailer:

OSOW = Over Size Or Weight load aka $$$$, permits and hassles to move

Aaron Z
Old 11-12-2019, 11:27 AM   #240 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
I just looked it over.

Problems:
-no cross cut on the blade. Seems to be electrical because both 1 and 2 pumps function with full power.
-cab and door are smashed good. So no glass.
- carriage leaks a little.
- bucket cyl is bent but still works and isn't leaking yet.
- throttle switch is broken.

Selling Points:
- hour meter works and looks accurate
- engine started right up even though it's below freezing. 4bt for the win
- turbo is tight. No smoke
- undercarriage is great!
- hydraulics lifted whole machine no problem.
- dash still works.
- called local dealer and they said blue book is $84k. Sale price is $18k.
- called previous owner. They sent it to auction when the blade stopped working due to 20year age. They phased it out without even pricing the repair. The guy in the shop that I talked to said he wanted to buy it.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:35 AM   #241 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 256962
So why haven't you bought it yet?
arse_sidewards is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2019, 11:42 AM   #242 (permalink)

Member # 102813
Whatís the cost of the bucket cylinder that needs to be replaced?

[COLOR="Red"]Marlin Crawler, Hellfire Fabworks, Dave'z Offroad, gearinstalls.com (Zuk), Diamond Axle, RADesigns, Advanced Adapters, Jantz Engineering, G-Fab motorsports, Got Propane, JHF [/COLOR]
Old 11-12-2019, 12:01 PM   #243 (permalink)

Member # 25632
Buy it and use the dozer money to fix it properly
YotaAtieToo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2019, 12:02 PM   #244 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Stubs View Post
Quote I just got was $500-800 for the shaft and $200-$400 to rebuild.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:36 PM   #245 (permalink)

Member # 74407
Quote:
Originally Posted by aczlan View Post
RGN = Removable Goosneck - A low bed where the goosneck comes off to drive something up the front of the trailer:

OSOW = Over Size Or Weight load aka $$$$, permits and hassles to move

Aaron Z
There ya go. Most heavy haul co's run under an annual permit to save $ until a specific load requires a permit that has larger requirements than the annual. It's so convoluted I couldn't even begin to explain it all because frankly I dont know a lot of the rules.

Weight permits always cost a lot more than oversize permits. Ive run 15'7 in TX and it was less than $100 for that permit, but an overweight permit for lets say 90k lbs gross might be 3x's that. An annual permit for 130k gross and 12'6 wide is like 5 grand a year per truck.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:43 PM   #246 (permalink)

Member # 74407
To move that Kobelco machine 100mi or less is going to cost about $1000. You're going to tie up a truck/trailer for most of a day from pick up to delivery. Depends on dh miles the company has to run to get the machine as well.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:46 PM   #247 (permalink)

Member # 102813
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaAtieToo View Post
Buy it and use the dozer money to fix it properly
Another vote for this advice.

Old 11-12-2019, 01:25 PM   #248 (permalink)

Member # 64554
That bladerunner will do anything you need. I'd be on that like hobo on a ham sandwich.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:25 PM   #249 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 101819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Stubs View Post
Just did a 744h bucket cylinder. Broke the rod at the nut. The charged me 2100 to weld new rod on and repack cylinder.
Thepanzerfuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2019, 01:30 PM   #250 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 101819
Quote:
Originally Posted by TireFryerSS View Post
There ya go. Most heavy haul co's run under an annual permit to save $ until a specific load requires a permit that has larger requirements than the annual. It's so convoluted I couldn't even begin to explain it all because frankly I dont know a lot of the rules.

Weight permits always cost a lot more than oversize permits. Ive run 15'7 in TX and it was less than $100 for that permit, but an overweight permit for lets say 90k lbs gross might be 3x's that. An annual permit for 130k gross and 12'6 wide is like 5 grand a year per truck.
I have a Osow permit on my heavy haul. My plates are 600 a year and my permit is 800 a year for up to 150,000 gross 120í long 16í high 14í wide(no trip permits needed). If I go over the 150,000 then I need to get state and county permits which are about 100 a piece per trip. Over 150,000 I hire the hauling out. This means just my 350l excavator 115zvi loaders and my breakers. The heavy haulers just charge me 125 a hour.
Thepanzerfuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in