1/2 cordless impact - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2019, 03:47 PM   #26 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 87
Send a message via AIM to GRMhick
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahlstrom1 View Post
The stubby 3/8 or 1/2Ē M12 Milwaukee stuff would be great for ya then. Much smaller size makes it more practical for bike and automotive work.

https://www.milwaukeetool.ca/Product...enches/2555-20
I have one of these. It works really well for day-to day projects.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Diamonds. 35's.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RestoMod.
GRMhick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2019, 03:50 PM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 232666
Meely walk eh
Old 10-24-2019, 03:50 PM   #28 (permalink)
Random Dude

Member # 467273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy McChevy View Post
I've had the Craftsman 19.2 volt 1/2" impact for years and its been great. I've used it for full 4 tire rotations numerous times with no issues. I got the big Lithium ion battery for it. It's well under 250 bucks for it and the big battery. I mainly got it because I have numerous other Craftsman 19.2 volt tools and I got my first one well over 10 years ago. It's rated for a lot over 100 ft pounds. I bought a Dewalt corded one last year because it was 1/2 price and I never even use it the cordless one works so well.
The Dewalt I have is rated for 700 ft-lbs but it has 3 levels so you don't just snap everything smaller than a 5/8" stud.

EDIT: OP - sound like you don't need a "thunder gun", so this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2big bronco View Post
Just throwing it out there but the dewalt 1/4" impact is good for over 100lbs and is pretty compact and easy to handle. If this is dedicated for stuff 100lbs and under I'd look at this
I have a brushless 1/4" hex impact driver, and it's my most used cordless tool for wrenching. On high, it's throwing down a legit 100-120 ft-lbs, and on low it won't snap a #6 screw. Has paid for itself in time saved.

<-- Random crap you might find useful

Last edited by ExWrench; 10-24-2019 at 03:54 PM.
ExWrench is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2019, 03:51 PM   #29 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 5639
I have 2 of the 1/4" 12v Bosch Impact drivers, 1 of the 1/2 18V Bosch Impact driver, and the Makita 18V 1/2" impact driver. I like them all, the Makita is the same as the fuel series Mikfakwee 1/2". I can't say it will replace my air tools as they weight a crap load more and still don't fit everywhere but they are nice if you can't get air.

Buddy has the yellow versions of the 3/8" and they do well so far.

I prefer the teal as I think they have a better build quality per the AVE tear down videos.

One of the reason I like the 12V bosch is they are super compact, I think the makita is the same most of the other companies have a bit more bulk on the batteries and it makes a difference working in tight spaces.

Kindness doesn't condemn or condone

Just Add Lightness
Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2019, 04:22 PM   #30 (permalink)

Member # 86724
buy m18 shit

never use your air tools for serious work again.

seriously. aside from airing up tires I haven't used my compressor for automotive shit in a long time.
Old 10-24-2019, 04:23 PM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 102813
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87manche View Post
buy m18 shit

seriously. aside from airing up tires I haven't used my compressor for automotive shit in a long time.
Plasma cutter for me.

[COLOR="Lime"]The good guys...[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Marlin Crawler, Hellfire Fabworks, Dave'z Offroad, gearinstalls.com (Zuk), Diamond Axle, RADesigns, Advanced Adapters, Jantz Engineering, G-Fab motorsports, Got Propane, JHF [/COLOR]
Mr Stubs is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2019, 04:26 PM   #32 (permalink)

Member # 14620
Harbor freight earthquake is what I have and itís fucking amazing!
Itís on sale now for $229.
Old 10-24-2019, 04:35 PM   #33 (permalink)
Addicted to Gear Oil

Member # 56050
Quote:
Originally Posted by giles45shop View Post
Are you really wanting 100 ft lbs? If so, a 1/2 cordless might be too powerful...

My M18 Fuel 1/2" impact (model 2767) is rated at 1000 ft/lbs of fastening torque and 1400 ft lbs of breaking torque - you won't need any air tools for "serious work" It does have a three or four different levels you can select if you don't need the full 1400 lbs of whoop-ass. They aren't cheap, but they are awesome!
Yup. Recently upgraded my ~10 year old Craftsman 19.2V drill/1/4" driver, and 1/2" impact for Milwaukee 18V Fuel. SHazzaaam.

Home Depot has a deal you get a free 5.0 Ah battery with purchase of the drill/driver combo, 1/2" impact, etc.

The drill/driver combo comes with 2 batteries and charger. The impact is bare tool no charger or battery.
Originally Posted by General Dwight D. Eisenhower
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.

For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->
guidolyons is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2019, 05:09 PM   #34 (permalink)

Member # 232666
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidolyons View Post
Yup. Recently upgraded my ~10 year old Craftsman 19.2V drill/1/4" driver, and 1/2" impact for Milwaukee 18V Fuel. SHazzaaam.

Home Depot has a deal you get a free 5.0 Ah battery with purchase of the drill/driver combo, 1/2" impact, etc.

The drill/driver combo comes with 2 batteries and charger. The impact is bare tool no charger or battery.
Go to fasteners, better deals, better service, and no ask warranty exchanges. Also known as colony hardware...
Old 10-24-2019, 05:34 PM   #35 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 197896
Quote:
I've had the Craftsman 19.2 volt 1/2" impact for years and its been great. I've used it for full 4 tire rotations numerous times with no issues. I got the big Lithium ion battery for it. It's well under 250 bucks for it and the big battery. I mainly got it because I have numerous other Craftsman 19.2 volt tools and I got my first one well over 10 years ago. It's rated for a lot over 100 ft pounds. I bought a Dewalt corded one last year because it was 1/2 price and I never even use it the cordless one works so well.
Had the 19.2 Craftsman w/ Li battery before I got the M18 Fuel. It's rated at 300 ft/lb, but I suspect that is a little optimistic. It was a decent impact, but definitely ran across some lug nuts that it wouldn't break loose. The Fuel is orders of magnitude better. I had the Craftsman 19.2 drill/driver and the impact, but I always wanted a better cordless set-up. Got a $250 Amazon gift card from work and bought the set with the 1/2 drill driver, 1/4" impact driver and two 5.0 batteries. Then proceeded to get the impact, hedge trimmer, string trimmer, LED work light, and last week the hackzall, all of it the M18 Fuel. The string trimmer and hedge trimmer came in a kit with a 9.0 battery & charger.

The Craftsman is nice,It's like the difference between homeowner grade and professional grade tools. They aren't cheap, but you don't have to deal with tools that just barely "get it done".
giles45shop is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2019, 05:45 PM   #36 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 5639
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeeper View Post
Harbor freight earthquake is what I have and itís fucking amazing!
Itís on sale now for $229.
for the money they don't seem to bad.

Kindness doesn't condemn or condone

Just Add Lightness
Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2019, 06:04 PM   #37 (permalink)

Member # 96278
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87manche View Post
buy m18 shit

Dude. My dewalt 20v inflator has the highest 'this is dumb' to 'omg how did I live without this' factor of all my cordless stuff.
Old 10-24-2019, 06:37 PM   #38 (permalink)

Member # 52361
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2big bronco View Post
Just throwing it out there but the dewalt 1/4" impact is good for over 100lbs and is pretty compact and easy to handle. If this is dedicated for stuff 100lbs and under I'd look at this
This, I've bought all kinds of dewalt 20v tools, but never seen the need for a 3/8" impact or small 1/2" the 1/4" hex impact is 144lbft IIRC, I switch between 1/4 and 3/8 drivers, then pick up the 1/2" impact for a 1/2" or larger fastener, ie, lugnuts

I'd buy the basic budget kit, 1/4" driver, drill, 2 bath and charger for about 200 or less, then buy the 1/2 impact for 150
PROJECTJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2019, 07:28 PM   #39 (permalink)

Member # 84917
I have a 1/2" Snap On and am not a fan of it. I won't replace it till it dies though.

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
and Today is a Gift
That's why they call it the Present
blugreenformula is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2019, 07:33 PM   #40 (permalink)

Member # 1760
Yes x 1000 on the whole Milwaukee Fuel line. Don't cheap out on their lower grade shit. Make sure it's 'Fuel Brushless" You will not regret it.
BossBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2019, 08:09 PM   #41 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 4375
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_dj1 View Post
Ryobi 18V FTW
For the money you can't beat 'em, 3 speeds and 300 pounds feet of torque
I have two of them, one in my garage and the other lives in the Jeep, so far they have been great! At $99
I've got a contractor and his helper here rebuilding a deck. They have a giant box full of 18V Ryobi stuff. I've been running the handrail and have my Milwaukee 18V Fuel stuff out. They have been allowed to use it and as such have been. After about 3 days, they don't even get their tools out unless I need one of mine back and take it away from them. They have a Ryobi compound miter saw, corded. They used the Milwaukee 18V Fuel version once and put their corded saw back in the truck. I realize it isn't a wholly apples to apples comparison, I just get a bit of a giggle watching their preference change. It has also been enlightening watching a direct side x side comparison.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:18 PM   #42 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 4375
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossBuilt View Post
Yes x 1000 on the whole Milwaukee Fuel line. Don't cheap out on their lower grade shit. Make sure it's 'Fuel Brushless" You will not regret it.
My retired neighbor helps me, I help him. We get along fine. He has become Mr. Offer Up specializing in Milwaukee stuff. He winds up with some smoking deals due to buying packages and breaking them up, selling individual tools until he winds up with something like a 9.0 battery for free because the sale of the rest made him back his money. As such, he has hooked me up with some serious deals. 12.0 battery for 90 bucks, Fuel Sawzall for 140, Multitool for 50, 8.0 battery for 60, several 9.0 batteries for 75-80 each. Picked up another 3/8" impact a few days ago for 80. Blew up a 1/2" drill driver that I've used the crap out of, hollered at him that I wanted another one. Had one for 60 the next day.
Old 10-24-2019, 10:47 PM   #43 (permalink)
No

Member # 106663
Quote:
Originally Posted by giles45shop View Post
Had the 19.2 Craftsman w/ Li battery before I got the M18 Fuel. It's rated at 300 ft/lb, but I suspect that is a little optimistic. It was a decent impact, but definitely ran across some lug nuts that it wouldn't break loose. The Fuel is orders of magnitude better. I had the Craftsman 19.2 drill/driver and the impact, but I always wanted a better cordless set-up. Got a $250 Amazon gift card from work and bought the set with the 1/2 drill driver, 1/4" impact driver and two 5.0 batteries. Then proceeded to get the impact, hedge trimmer, string trimmer, LED work light, and last week the hackzall, all of it the M18 Fuel. The string trimmer and hedge trimmer came in a kit with a 9.0 battery & charger.

The Craftsman is nice,It's like the difference between homeowner grade and professional grade tools. They aren't cheap, but you don't have to deal with tools that just barely "get it done".
I brought it up because it's what I've got and I wouldn't do it again knowing what we know now about Sears decline but I have no complaints about my 19.2 volt stuff. And I keep finding deals on second hand stuff. I have 3 drills, 2 flashlights, a fluorescent lantern, 2 small circular saws, which are probably the least effective thing they made, 2 1/2 inch impacts, a 3/8 impact, a right angle drill, a sawzall, a palm sander, an inflator, a chainsaw, a sabre saw, a hedge trimmer, a car vac, .... who'da thunk...

Best upgrade is the large Li batteries
Old 10-24-2019, 10:55 PM   #44 (permalink)

Member # 7968
Quote:
I brought it up because it's what I've got and I wouldn't do it again knowing what we know now about Sears decline but I have no complaints about my 19.2 volt stuff. And I keep finding deals on second hand stuff. I have 3 drills, 2 flashlights, a fluorescent lantern, 2 small circular saws, which are probably the least effective thing they made, 2 1/2 inch impacts, a 3/8 impact, a right angle drill, a sawzall, a palm sander, an inflator, a chainsaw, a sabre saw, a hedge trimmer, a car vac, .... who'da thunk...

Best upgrade is the large Li batteries
Need another drill and circ saw? Just changed my saw to a Milwaukee, Sears was not up to the task of cutting a 2x4.
Old 10-24-2019, 10:58 PM   #45 (permalink)

Member # 213125
My buddy had a Crapsman 19.2 volt impact. The piece of shit wouldn’t break the lugnuts on his wife’s Camry about 6 months after he got it. Lugs are torqued to 70 ft lbs. He replaced it with a fuel 1/2 inch.

Last edited by Aisin; 10-24-2019 at 10:58 PM.
Aisin is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2019, 10:59 PM   #46 (permalink)
No

Member # 106663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
Need another drill and circ saw? Just changed my saw to a Milwaukee, Sears was not up to the task of cutting a 2x4.
Not really. The last time I used one of the circ. Saws it was with a cutoff wheel to cut a guy wire support. They pretty much suck. But the impacts are a whole other story.
Old 10-24-2019, 11:00 PM   #47 (permalink)
No

Member # 106663
The blades they come with suck too.
Old 10-24-2019, 11:03 PM   #48 (permalink)

Member # 80349
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeeper View Post
Harbor freight earthquake is what I have and it’s fucking amazing!
It’s on sale now for $229.
I been meaning to pick one of those up but my old one will not die. It's a $50 orange (now blackish) HF impact rated at 300 ft lbs. I've had it and used it excessively since 2005. I never expected it to last through 14 years of salty jeeps.
muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2019, 11:05 PM   #49 (permalink)
No

Member # 106663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisin View Post
My buddy had a Crapsman 19.2 volt impact. The piece of shit wouldnít break the lugnuts on his wifeís Camry about 6 months after he got it. Lugs are torqued to 70 ft lbs. He replaced it with a fuel 1/2 inch.
I must have got the best ones they made then. just did the full winter tire swap on my wife's Charger a couple weeks ago and same as ever 1 battery stayed in the green for the job.
Old 10-24-2019, 11:26 PM   #50 (permalink)

Member # 53528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepanzerfuhrer View Post
Lol get the Milwaukee brushless and it will snap 1/2Ē bolts off. My 1/2 and 3/8 air tools got shitcanned. Iím close to not replacing my air 3/4Ē drive impact.
https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Produc...enches/2867-20
rockyota83 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in