I need Jeff Reynolds from Lowe's phone number....Help!! - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2019, 05:45 PM   #76 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 23507
So you want everyone else to take your word that they are responsible?

Just said and sat in your garage for a month. You claim they are completely responsible....but how do they know you didn't do something to it in that month it sat there?

You are so one sided and entitled it's ridiculous. You expect everyone to believe everything you say without question and are pissed they don't just trust you that they broke it caused damage.

I'm still not sure how Lowes is responsible for any of this. They sold you a product. You took delivery and let it sit for a month then installed it yourself. They have no way of knowing if you are a conman or someone with little to no intelligence regarding how to install a washer. You can claim it all you want but how are they supposed to know? Because you said so?

You're a douche and all pissy about something you are equally responsible for as Lowes is
Old 11-01-2019, 05:48 PM   #77 (permalink)

Member # 22595
Send a message via AIM to TOAdisco311
That’s where everyone is going to focus on. You technically took ownership and stored it, moved it around and “installed” it. Lowe’s is going to say the same thing you just did about not suspecting any damage based on the package condition.

This wasn’t a refurbished unit was it?
Old 11-01-2019, 06:09 PM   #78 (permalink)

Member # 25632
Who spends $30k at Lowes?

BTW, leave the cell phones to LG and let actual appliance brands make appliances.
YotaAtieToo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2019, 06:15 PM   #79 (permalink)

Member # 5371
Send a message via MSN to rockota
Quote:
Originally Posted by POS YJ View Post
I did not have the machine for months before use, it sat in the garage for about a month before it got installed. Box did not have any damage to it and neither did the machine, visually at least. Myself and 2 other guys, one of which is a plumber, moved the washer 30' with a dolly into the laundry room. I am confident that I we did not break the unit.

I am confident that the manager lied to me, as well as the assistant. I was told 3 times that he had shipped everything off to the claims department including the description of damage. That was not possible as the washer was in another town being looked at, they are the ones that provide the damage assessment. The lady in the claims department verified that.

If I could post pics from my phone, this would make much more sense.

I did learn the hard way that I should have test run the unit outside first. It honestly never came to mind. We did watch it for approximately 3 minutes the first time we ran it but it did not leak during that time.

Speaking of ESP........

Sheesh... stored for a month, not installed by shipper or Lowe’s... no damage... but it’s the shipper’s and Lowe’s fault???

How again do you figure that?
rockota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2019, 06:19 PM   #80 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 66684
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaAtieToo View Post
:
:lowers head and looks away:
2big bronco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2019, 06:23 PM   #81 (permalink)

Member # 860424
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaAtieToo View Post

BTW, leave the cell phones to LG and let actual appliance brands make appliances.
Like Samsung
Old 11-01-2019, 06:30 PM   #82 (permalink)

Member # 25632
Quote:
Originally Posted by M92pv4u View Post
Like Samsung
They don't even make good phones
YotaAtieToo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2019, 06:56 PM   #83 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 101113
Send a message via AIM to dethmachinefab
Not here to care about who's responsible, but to get a number do this.

Go where they don't know you and play " I'm pos yj a contractor for company xyz. We are here to survey for the lighting upgrade in your store. I was told to contact Jeff when I get here but I lost the contact info my boss gave me. Could you get me his number or call him for me please?
Old 11-01-2019, 07:02 PM   #84 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 21766
Quote:
The first time that we used our new washing machine it decided to puke all of the water out of a large crack in the drum and flood our new laminate floors, causing them to warp.
Quote:
We did watch it for approximately 3 minutes the first time we ran it but it did not leak during that time.
I'm confused as to how it didn't leak at all in the first three minutes of use if the crack is as large as you say.
RgdL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2019, 07:06 PM   #85 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 9835
Quote:
Where did I say anything to that effect? Did you side with American Jeeper for running that lady over? This is pretty entertaining. I take responsibility for my actions and fix what I fuck up, I guess I shouldn't expect that from other people especially in todays world. I should just bite the bullet and pay for it myself.
What you are too dumb to understand is that you are the one that fucked up. You could have done several things which would have minimized or prevented your floor from getting screwed up but you didn't. You should fix it yourself or use your insurance or live with a screwed up floor. Anything else is just chickenshit nonsense which supports my first sentence in this reply. Your replies to most of the other posts in this thread make you out to be a stupid crybaby who can't take no for an answer or understand reason.
ChiScouter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2019, 07:07 PM   #86 (permalink)

Member # 226216
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2big bronco View Post
:lowers head and looks away:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thefishguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2019, 07:31 PM   #87 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 116537
Last time I bought a washing machine, installation was included. The installer was in a hurry and hooked it up and asked me to sign off. I said I’d like to run a cycle before signing to make sure nothing was defective. He was annoyed, but ran a cycle and it was fine. Had I installed it, I would have run a cycle while watching to make sure nothing was defective. You did not exercise good judgement. Stop blaming others for being dumb. This is why we have insurance. If anyone is to blame for the high cost of insurance, it’s you for not running a load while watching. Common sense, use it.
Old 11-01-2019, 08:49 PM   #88 (permalink)

Member # 67823
My last job, I recieved a lot of appliance packages for apartments. If anything ever went wrong with any of them, we would call the brick (the store that sold them, shipped them, and if we were ready, installed them) and they would send new ones out to swap out.

What I'm getting at, is that the store will definitely eat that, but you need to keep working that "I spent $30,000" angle.

Damaged in shipping, or shipped defective goods, if they engaged the shipper, that's their problem. Your problem is proving it wasn't you that did the damage.
Old 11-01-2019, 08:58 PM   #89 (permalink)

Member # 152085
Wow! You guys can change a topic quicker than a woman can!

Yes, we did spend $30k at Lowes for a remodel on our new to us house. It hadn't been touched since 1972 when it was built, shag carpet and all! Appliances were close to $9k thanks to my wife buying them on sale, hence why they were in the garage. All of the appliances were in said garage with the $12k worth of kitchen cabinets from Lowe's, many with damaged boxes but no damage to the cabs themselves. We also had 2 showers, bathroom vanity, fixtures and lighting stored in the garage. We are currently paying $3,700 per month for our mortgage payment until our other house closes escrow. The time frame for the remodel on this house was very tight so we could get moved in, sell our other and then re-adjust our mortgage. We literally had appliances and cabinets being delivered the week after we got our keys so they could get installed when we got to that point in our project.

I obviously am not some master contractor by any means, but I did do construction for 15 years, and not just as a floor sweeper. I figured that I could install a 2 hoses and a plug in cord without any issue! Boy was I wrong!

I definitely am not a con artist, or if I am, I'm going to go broke really quick! I don't think spending $30k (cuz I'm a broke dick apparently) to try to get $5k worth of floors redone is going to be very profitable!

I am not totally surprised by some of the comments on here, but I am surprised at everyone jumping on the "fuck this guy" bandwagon. I have seen many threads on here before of people in similar situations. I was not looking for a handout or sympathy, just a phone number.

Most of the "haters" sound just like the Lowe's people that I have talked to, and just as helpful. Somehow i managed to put a 14" crack in a washer drum, moving it 30' with 3 guys and a dolly. It surely couldn't have been the highly skilled labor loading it on the truck from Mexico (not China), or dropping it off in Texas, and then off to the store in California! Nope, I fucked it up in 30 feet!

Lowe's is a big enough company to have this type of thing happen on a fairly regualr basis, it is part of doing business. The service that I have received from the store manager lying to me, to the claims lady telling me to just get fucked is pretty obsurd in my OPINION.

I have been polite to everyone on the phone because I know it is just their job and following company protocol. I guess that my naivety came out thinking that people actually cared about their customers still and would try to do what is right.

Boy was I wrong, to continue in spanish, please press dos.
POS YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2019, 09:02 PM   #90 (permalink)

Member # 152085
I DO know that I am too stupid to post pictures on here from my phone. If someone would like to PM me their #, I could send a couple of pics of the damage.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:18 PM   #91 (permalink)

Member # 55396
Quote:
Wow! You guys can change a topic quicker than a woman can!

Yes, we did spend $30k at Lowes for a remodel on our new to us house. It hadn't been touched since 1972 when it was built, shag carpet and all! Appliances were close to $9k thanks to my wife buying them on sale, hence why they were in the garage. All of the appliances were in said garage with the $12k worth of kitchen cabinets from Lowe's, many with damaged boxes but no damage to the cabs themselves. We also had 2 showers, bathroom vanity, fixtures and lighting stored in the garage. We are currently paying $3,700 per month for our mortgage payment until our other house closes escrow. The time frame for the remodel on this house was very tight so we could get moved in, sell our other and then re-adjust our mortgage. We literally had appliances and cabinets being delivered the week after we got our keys so they could get installed when we got to that point in our project.

I obviously am not some master contractor by any means, but I did do construction for 15 years, and not just as a floor sweeper. I figured that I could install a 2 hoses and a plug in cord without any issue! Boy was I wrong!

I definitely am not a con artist, or if I am, I'm going to go broke really quick! I don't think spending $30k (cuz I'm a broke dick apparently) to try to get $5k worth of floors redone is going to be very profitable!

I am not totally surprised by some of the comments on here, but I am surprised at everyone jumping on the "fuck this guy" bandwagon. I have seen many threads on here before of people in similar situations. I was not looking for a handout or sympathy, just a phone number.

Most of the "haters" sound just like the Lowe's people that I have talked to, and just as helpful. Somehow i managed to put a 14" crack in a washer drum, moving it 30' with 3 guys and a dolly. It surely couldn't have been the highly skilled labor loading it on the truck from Mexico (not China), or dropping it off in Texas, and then off to the store in California! Nope, I fucked it up in 30 feet!

Lowe's is a big enough company to have this type of thing happen on a fairly regualr basis, it is part of doing business. The service that I have received from the store manager lying to me, to the claims lady telling me to just get fucked is pretty obsurd in my OPINION.

I have been polite to everyone on the phone because I know it is just their job and following company protocol. I guess that my naivety came out thinking that people actually cared about their customers still and would try to do what is right.

Boy was I wrong, to continue in spanish, please press dos.
So if you were unable to determine that it was damaged after removing it from the box and installing it, then how in the world is lowes or the shipper negligent/ liable for not knowing it was defective/ damaged???
Old 11-01-2019, 09:21 PM   #92 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 23507
Quote:

Somehow i managed to put a 14" crack in a washer drum, moving it 30' with 3 guys and a dolly. It surely couldn't have been the highly skilled labor loading it on the truck from Mexico (not China), or dropping it off in Texas, and then off to the store in California! Nope, I fucked it up in 30 feet
This is what YOU say. How/why is anyone supposed to believe that you only moved it 30'? While it's not likely you moved it more, hit it with your vehicle or dome other stupid thing.... they are all possibilities at this point. For all they know could've backed into it with your truck in the garage. YOU claim it was moved 30' but the only word is yours and your friends. Their guys didn't install anything... they left it there....the damage could've been caused AFTER they dropped it off and before your install

That's the point. These companies have no reason to believe what you say. They have people take advantage of them all the time....there is a lot of time and variables that come into play.

Sure they could be generous about it but you went in there asking for a new floor. That's ALOT.

Last edited by pike2350; 11-01-2019 at 09:27 PM.
pike2350 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2019, 09:23 PM   #93 (permalink)

Member # 152085
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF? View Post
So if you were unable to determine that it was damaged after removing it from the box and installing it, then how in the world is lowes or the shipper negligent/ liable for not knowing it was defective/ damaged???
Nobody knew that it was damaged. What would you do?

A) Go back to the store and try to get it taken care of

B) Piss your pants, buy a new washer and pay to have your floors redone

C) ?
Old 11-01-2019, 09:26 PM   #94 (permalink)
Window Licker

Member # 34948
Quote:

C) ?

Cry about it on the Internet?
Old 11-01-2019, 09:27 PM   #95 (permalink)

Member # 29527
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgaidan View Post
Cry about it on the Internet?
Duh!
CrustyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2019, 09:30 PM   #96 (permalink)

Member # 55396
Quote:

C) ?
C) Supervise my new washer through a cycle, stop the cycle when water is observed coming out of it and mop up the spill. Then arrange a return/ replacement.

Or
D). Not buy a washer made by a TV manufacturer

Last edited by WTF?; 11-01-2019 at 09:35 PM.
WTF? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2019, 09:58 PM   #97 (permalink)

Member # 152085
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF? View Post
C) Supervise my new washer through a cycle, stop the cycle when water is observed coming out of it and mop up the spill. Then arrange a return/ replacement.

Or
D). Not buy a washer made by a TV manufacturer

Yes, I already admitted that I should have babysat the washer and honestly never even thought about it. I learned an expensive lesson.

D) I don't think that I will be buying any LG products at this point!

I wasn't crying about it on the internet, I just wanted some Googlefu better than mine for a phone number. You guys started acting like a bunch of women and started asking questions and shit!
Old 11-01-2019, 11:01 PM   #98 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 66684
Clothes washer or dish washer? If the seconed it's your fault for not buying speed queen.

What area does this guy work? My neighbor is a manager for lowes, if I run into him this weekend I can ask for the bat phone number.
2big bronco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2019, 11:07 PM   #99 (permalink)

Member # 860424
If it was the dishwasher divorce her
Old 11-01-2019, 11:13 PM   #100 (permalink)

Member # 53453
Quote:
Yes, I already admitted that I should have babysat the washer and honestly never even thought about it. I learned an expensive lesson.

D) I don't think that I will be buying any LG products at this point!

I wasn't crying about it on the internet, I just wanted some Googlefu better than mine for a phone number. You guys started acting like a bunch of women and started asking questions and shit!
We're not acting like women. You're acting like an entitled little bitch.

YOU DIDN'T EVEN READ OR FOLLOW THE FUCKING INSTALLATION MANUAL, when obviously you have no clue or common sense and therefore really should be reading and following it.

Here's a partial screengrab of what the last step typically is for LG products. As a hint it's similar for all brands.

Hopefully you don't do your own work on vehicles, because you sound like the type that wouldn't check for leaking brake lines after replacing them, or making sure that a throttle won't jam after adjusting the linkage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DirtyComanche is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in