Damnit screwy - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2019, 12:31 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered User
 
YotaAtieToo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member # 25632
Location: Magalia, Jefferson State
Posts: 11,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by santa V2.0 View Post
If it is done over a holiday I can grab the 4x f-550 dually from my work if we need 4 wheel drive and more towing capacity than a half ton.

It's a big bitch and may be to much for the tiny Nevada City mountain roads though.
I don't know what pos Yj has in mind.

My dump trailer is 7x14x2 14k

So almost 4 truck beds. I have an F350, 4wd, but mismatched gears (front R&P burned up in the fire) almost new at tires. As long as it's not icy or snowing, it should be fine.
YotaAtieToo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2019, 02:17 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered User
 
POS YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Member # 152085
Location: Chico, Ca
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaAtieToo View Post
I don't know what pos Yj has in mind.

My dump trailer is 7x14x2 14k

So almost 4 truck beds. I have an F350, 4wd, but mismatched gears (front R&P burned up in the fire) almost new at tires. As long as it's not icy or snowing, it should be fine.

I'm down for what lever we can make happen. I have access to a dump trailer as well but my truck is only 2wd. HJ can probably help keep us in the loop the best out of all of us as far as road conditions and when Jenny will be home.
POS YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2019, 03:18 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered User
 
POS YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Member # 152085
Location: Chico, Ca
Posts: 624
I just got a call from the guys taking care of our orchard and they will give us all of the almond wood that we want!! I don't want to take toooo much advantage of them as I still need some wood for our house this winter, but 2 cords shouldn't be an issue at all.

I will most likely be in the hospital for a good portion of the day tomorrow and will have probably have some physical limitations for a week or so. With that being said, we can still load up Paradises wood and the almond wood (it's in Chico) in either Yota82's trailer or the one I have access to.

I will be keeping an eye out for updates!
POS YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2019, 03:41 PM   #79 (permalink)
ADD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member # 22080
Location: Grass Valley, Ca
Posts: 5,175
Sounds like waiting a week or 2 is gonna be best. Let me know time and place to meet up for delivery.

We can meet up at my shop if that's best. I'll provide breakfast for everyone
__________________
Got custom cab?
ADD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2019, 03:45 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered User
 
YotaAtieToo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member # 25632
Location: Magalia, Jefferson State
Posts: 11,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by POS YJ View Post
I just got a call from the guys taking care of our orchard and they will give us all of the almond wood that we want!! I don't want to take toooo much advantage of them as I still need some wood for our house this winter, but 2 cords shouldn't be an issue at all.

I will most likely be in the hospital for a good portion of the day tomorrow and will have probably have some physical limitations for a week or so. With that being said, we can still load up Paradises wood and the almond wood (it's in Chico) in either Yota82's trailer or the one I have access to.

I will be keeping an eye out for updates!
Is this stuff that was cut this year or seasoned?
YotaAtieToo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2019, 04:07 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered User
 
POS YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Member # 152085
Location: Chico, Ca
Posts: 624
It should be seasoned. They usually knock the trees down after harvest which was just last month. They haven't had the time to clear and replant yet. The trees are still laying on the ground that are getti.g replanted next year. It sounds like they have a pile that is 30'x60' and 10' tall.
POS YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2019, 05:10 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered User
 
YotaAtieToo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member # 25632
Location: Magalia, Jefferson State
Posts: 11,936
@erictylers1 what do the roads look like up there?
YotaAtieToo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2019, 05:19 PM   #83 (permalink)
ADD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member # 22080
Location: Grass Valley, Ca
Posts: 5,175
Most of the roads are plowed and clear. Not sure what her driveway looks like though, but banner mtn is doable
__________________
Got custom cab?
ADD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2019, 05:57 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered User
 
YotaAtieToo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member # 25632
Location: Magalia, Jefferson State
Posts: 11,936
OK, looks like we are going to hold off for now.
YotaAtieToo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2019, 06:40 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered User
 
4runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Member # 946
Location: WTF TX USA
Posts: 13,768
Send a message via AIM to 4runner
AND, this is what Pirate is all about.
Thanks to all who are helping.
__________________
4.3runner
4runner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2019, 11:54 AM   #86 (permalink)
Registered User
 
POS YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Member # 152085
Location: Chico, Ca
Posts: 624
Paging @HAPPYJOHN!!

I haven't forgot about this and it has been weighing on me pretty heavily. I was able to talk to Jenny's neighbor that I know and he says that she is hardly around and never sees any smoke frome her chimney. He is going to try to get me her phone number thru his work so I can give her a call. I was hoping that HAPPYJOHN may be able to go by there and see if she actually uses wood and not pellets or propane. I have tried to send him a PM but it doesn't show that it has gone thru on my end. Any help getting ahold of him would be great. I will send a couple more PM's as well in hopes that they go thru.
POS YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2019, 12:05 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered User
 
YotaAtieToo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member # 25632
Location: Magalia, Jefferson State
Posts: 11,936
If she burns propane, I'm pretty sure we can hook her up with a fill. I know one of these guys either owns or works for a propane service up there.
YotaAtieToo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2019, 01:06 PM   #88 (permalink)
Registered User
 
POS YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Member # 152085
Location: Chico, Ca
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaAtieToo View Post
If she burns propane, I'm pretty sure we can hook her up with a fill. I know one of these guys either owns or works for a propane service up there.
Is his name Andy? He is the guy that lives next to her and actually delivers to her. Hopefully we can figure it out soon.
POS YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2019, 08:46 PM   #89 (permalink)
Rock God
 
bobbywalter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Member # 15473
Location: trenton mi
Posts: 2,008
Send a message via AIM to bobbywalter
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceep View Post
I also hate dropping in on people.
I also spend a lot of time looking at land owners and such.

You should drop in.
30 seconds means a lifetime. #fakeinternetfreinds
unless its overbear camp.....



screwy would understand why its a good idea to pass on by.....and then stop anyway.

miss ewe skrew
__________________
if only




88 ranger ext cab p.o.s. hackjob powered by a 6.5 diesel clattering against a 4l80 thats punishing a f208 that is turning ford 60's rolling on 33-44 inch tires depending on the mission at hand


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
how ya like me now??
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bobbywalter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2019, 09:44 PM   #90 (permalink)
What did you expect?
 
HAPPYJOHN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Member # 119290
Location: near the 'con, CA.
Posts: 12,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by POS YJ View Post
Paging @HAPPYJOHN!!

I haven't forgot about this and it has been weighing on me pretty heavily. I was able to talk to Jenny's neighbor that I know and he says that she is hardly around and never sees any smoke frome her chimney. He is going to try to get me her phone number thru his work so I can give her a call. I was hoping that HAPPYJOHN may be able to go by there and see if she actually uses wood and not pellets or propane. I have tried to send him a PM but it doesn't show that it has gone thru on my end. Any help getting ahold of him would be great. I will send a couple more PM's as well in hopes that they go thru.
Replied to your pm, and texted you.

I have texted Jenny about firewood, she has not responded.

May have to have a neighbor to by for a wellness check.
__________________
Quote:
I'd call you a cunt but you don't have the depth or the warmth.
Fuck em' and feed them fish heads-
HAPPYJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2019, 12:48 AM   #91 (permalink)
Registered User
 
POS YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Member # 152085
Location: Chico, Ca
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYJOHN View Post
Replied to your pm, and texted you.

I have texted Jenny about firewood, she has not responded.

May have to have a neighbor to by for a wellness check.

I got your PM but not your text. My phone number is correct in the pm so please try to text or call if you have the chance tomorrow. Thanks for the response.
POS YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2019, 12:54 AM   #92 (permalink)
Registered User
 
POS YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Member # 152085
Location: Chico, Ca
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYJOHN View Post
Replied to your pm, and texted you.

I have texted Jenny about firewood, she has not responded.

May have to have a neighbor to by for a wellness check.
Are you in the Cascade Shores area? I was under the impression that you were just a couple "blocks" away from her.

At least you have her contact info, which is about all we have at this point. Thanks again HAPPYJOHN.
POS YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2019, 01:21 AM   #93 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Member # 124967
Posts: 12,269
Hey, just be cool with this.

She may not want the attention, as well meaning as it is.

If she's in need, leave a note (text/number/whatever) that she can contact and leave it at that.

.

Last edited by Tigerchief; 12-06-2019 at 01:24 AM.
Tigerchief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2019, 06:58 AM   #94 (permalink)
Registered User
 
YotaAtieToo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member # 25632
Location: Magalia, Jefferson State
Posts: 11,936
I have seen a black Subaru truck thing parked in the driveway and then also driving around. I assume that's her, so she definitely it out and about.
YotaAtieToo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2019, 08:23 AM   #95 (permalink)
What did you expect?
 
HAPPYJOHN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Member # 119290
Location: near the 'con, CA.
Posts: 12,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by POS YJ View Post
Are you in the Cascade Shores area? I was under the impression that you were just a couple "blocks" away from her.

At least you have her contact info, which is about all we have at this point. Thanks again HAPPYJOHN.
I'm down in Roseville. She has replied, but did not address her firewood status.
__________________
Quote:
I'd call you a cunt but you don't have the depth or the warmth.
Fuck em' and feed them fish heads-
HAPPYJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2019, 01:28 PM   #96 (permalink)
What did you expect?
 
HAPPYJOHN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Member # 119290
Location: near the 'con, CA.
Posts: 12,735
Meeting Jenny on Friday for lunch. Will post here after that, Merry Christmas, All.
__________________
Quote:
I'd call you a cunt but you don't have the depth or the warmth.
Fuck em' and feed them fish heads-
HAPPYJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2019, 08:35 PM   #97 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Member # 688970
Posts: 12,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYJOHN View Post
Meeting Jenny on Friday for lunch. Will post here after that, Merry Christmas, All.
Cool, let me know. I'm basically.off until the 2nd.
santa V2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2019, 06:09 PM   #98 (permalink)
What did you expect?
 
HAPPYJOHN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Member # 119290
Location: near the 'con, CA.
Posts: 12,735
Had lunch today with Jenny. Wants you all to know how much she appreciates the outpouring of support.

Without going into detail, she's been dealing with a medical issue, and her last appointment was today. She was in decent spirits, but she had a rough September. (Those that are praying for her, please continue)

She had Chuck (Clark's dog ) with her, He's an absolutely cool dog.

She said that she has a good supply of firewood, and has not needed the stove once, she sleeps with the dog, he keeps her warm.
__________________
Quote:
I'd call you a cunt but you don't have the depth or the warmth.
Fuck em' and feed them fish heads-
HAPPYJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2019, 07:31 PM   #99 (permalink)
Registered User
 
YotaAtieToo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member # 25632
Location: Magalia, Jefferson State
Posts: 11,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYJOHN View Post
Had lunch today with Jenny. Wants you all to know how much she appreciates the outpouring of support.

Without going into detail, she's been dealing with a medical issue, and her last appointment was today. She was in decent spirits, but she had a rough September. (Those that are praying for her, please continue)

She had Chuck (Clark's dog ) with her, He's an absolutely cool dog.

She said that she has a good supply of firewood, and has not needed the stove once, she sleeps with the dog, he keeps her warm.
She must be bad ass, it's been cold up there, and it lingers all morning.
YotaAtieToo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2019, 07:32 PM   #100 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member # 69633
Location: I live in my body: On the land near Paradise Township, Jefferson State, not by choice.
Posts: 2,100
ALRIGHTY THEN.

Seasoned Oak Firewood for sale.

250.00 per pile.

Enquire via PM

SE of Paradise California
__________________
ARM yourself because no-one else here will save you!
The odds will betray you.
ParadiseAutoElectric is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.