Virginians are fighting Back - Page 20 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2020, 08:57 AM   #476 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas97 View Post
Fbi and ATF are monitoring pretty much everything. Don't ever think they aren't.
And I'm sure they realize all the "keyboard commandos" spewing here won't do shit, so they'll ignore them.
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Salesmen and women. God sells to the ignorant.
SanDiegoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2020, 09:14 AM   #477 (permalink)

Member # 20728
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoCJ View Post
And I'm sure they realize all the "keyboard commandos" spewing here won't do shit, so they'll ignore them.
Not quite ignore it. They are already capturing neo-nazi's from online posts. "It's not known yet if they were headed to Richmond or not." Three from Maryland and a couple out of Georgia that I've seen so far. Have to justify the Governor's EO banning guns where they've always been allowed.

Last edited by Romogo; 01-18-2020 at 09:14 AM.
Romogo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2020, 09:40 AM   #478 (permalink)

Member # 86724
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPurdueYJ View Post
That's nothing new. Hell, that's been going on for the better part of a hundred years by both parties.

If Virginians are just figuring THAT out, they are way behind.
I hate to break it to you, but most people accept the system as is and actually like it, until the other side controls it, then they get mad, but then they usually get it back and do the same shit.

rinse and repeat.
Old 01-18-2020, 09:46 AM   #479 (permalink)
Gravity Works!

Member # 25608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikel View Post
Well, he's done his share of that too
You could’ve always had Clinton ya whiner.
Old 01-18-2020, 09:52 AM   #480 (permalink)

Member # 86724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landslide View Post
^ see.
Old 01-18-2020, 09:54 AM   #481 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwenil View Post
Nice to see people talking shit from the safety of their own porch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas97 View Post
Fbi and ATF are monitoring pretty much everything. Don't ever think they aren't.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romogo View Post
Not quite ignore it. They are already capturing neo-nazi's from online posts. "It's not known yet if they were headed to Richmond or not." Three from Maryland and a couple out of Georgia that I've seen so far. Have to justify the Governor's EO banning guns where they've always been allowed.
I quoted all the posts. My response that you quoted was NOT about posts internet wide, it was strictly about what's posted here, as that's what Elwenil was referring to and why I said "here".
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Old 01-18-2020, 09:54 AM   #482 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 138976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landslide View Post
it's weird that republicans only care about the constitution when they are out of power.

dem's don't care about it ever.

so, if we vote for a D for the big office, then we can get at or nearly half of congress to care about the constitution.

good point.

#Bernie2020

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2020, 09:57 AM   #483 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provience View Post
it's weird that republicans only care about the constitution when they are out of power.

dem's don't care about it ever.

so, if we vote for a D for the big office, then we can get at or nearly half of congress to care about the constitution.

good point.

#Bernie2020
IMO neither the Ds or Rs give a flying fuck about COTUS, they just lie and say they do. Both parties want to fuck you out of your rights. It's just which rights they don't like you to have.

Quote:
Old 01-18-2020, 10:13 AM   #484 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 138976
Quote:
IMO neither the Ds or Rs give a flying fuck about COTUS, they just lie and say they do. Both parties want to fuck you out of your rights. It's just which rights they don't like you to have.
yeah but the D's in power and out of power don't give a fuck about the constitution.

at least the R's out of power try to claim they do.

so, in defense of the "you could have had a Clinton", just remember that Trump was able to turn a piece of plastic into a machine gun, while we still await his ruling on silencers, and despite manufacturing crimes to stoke fears, Obama couldn't get nearly as much done as he hoped. he could only target small groups (and he did)

Old 01-18-2020, 10:36 AM   #485 (permalink)

Member # 198851
Quote:
Do you and some others here think the politicans actually plan the fucking or does it just comes out that way? I mean bitching about politics go back thousands of years...Maybe, just maybe, it is what it is...
And the Constitution, as much as we all want it to be the priority...Perhaps it has lost something as the country grew from 10 million to 340 million ?
ADChevy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2020, 10:55 AM   #486 (permalink)

Member # 23744
Location: White Mtns., Arizona... it's on the map, just not on any map!
Quote:
Yup. Agree
Old 01-18-2020, 11:08 AM   #487 (permalink)

Member # 86724
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADChevy4x4 View Post
Do you and some others here think the politicans actually plan the fucking or does it just comes out that way? I mean bitching about politics go back thousands of years...Maybe, just maybe, it is what it is...
And the Constitution, as much as we all want it to be the priority...Perhaps it has lost something as the country grew from 10 million to 340 million ?
government can only do one thing.

restrict.

that's it's single function inside the borders of this country . To restrict the actions of citizens.

so it's not any wonder that it always comes out like that. The issue is that most people cheer or boo depending on who is doing the restricting at the time, while ignoring the fact that they're still being restricted themselves.
or because they are unaffected they simply don't care.
or in some cases, because they are using the government as a tool for oppression.

whatever the motives, the outcome is always the same, more restrictions.

the constitutuion was intended to be a restriction on the government put in place by the people that it consisted of, but somewhere along the way we have apparently lost sight of that.

Is it because people are dumb? yes.
Is it because some people are evil? yes.
Is it because humans are petty and tribal? yes.

all things that were foreseen, all things that had we been following the document to it's letter and not to it's "intent" wouldn't have been a problem, because the federal government would have never been powerful enough to rule the entire country from DC.

but at this stage of the game it's all fucked.
so let's just all chill the fuck out and enjoy the show.
Old 01-18-2020, 11:20 AM   #488 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 138976
this is also a state going against their own constitution.

the general idea that the federal government should have just enough influence so as to be able to prevent the states from subjecting their people to things abhorrent to the liberty of the individual.

will the federal government step up? well congress has long proven that they won't. even when they make an attempt, the president does not enforce it. the federal court system often fails and the supreme court refuses many of the things.

Old 01-18-2020, 11:20 AM   #489 (permalink)

Member # 94825
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87manche View Post
I hate to break it to you, but most people accept the system as is and actually like it, until the other side controls it, then they get mad, but then they usually get it back and do the same shit.

rinse and repeat.
Call it misguided faith that some people will see shit for what it is.

THIS is the time to take a stand. Counties have drawn a line, whether they know it or not, by claiming themselves sanctuaries.

If they fold, we are a nation of pussies not worth saving.

Either way it goes, gun owners will be demonized by the media, so they arent worth worrying about.

So that just leaves violence as the only thing to worry about. Ideally none is exhibited. If it is, you HAVE to make the state the first to resort to violence, or your movement is dead from the start.

And it has to be in such a way that the people attacked by the state are not portrayed as just a few crazies.

This could be a turning point in U.S. history. But it seems the same old stupid fucking tactics are being used. Chest puffing and other bullshit.

The leadership in virginia has made it QUITE clear they have no intention of listening to responsible gun owners. Rather than creating a platform to listen to their constituents, they have stripped them of rights and barricaded the capital.

If there isnt a clearer sign of tyranny and a reason to push your county to make due on their promises to be a sanctuary and leave a state controlled by a tyrannical government, then I question if Virginians even value their rights.
Old 01-18-2020, 11:28 AM   #490 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 66684
Kinda crazy but I listen to the news a solid 4 hours a day and if I wasnt on pirate I would have no idea this was going on.
2big bronco is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2020, 11:39 AM   #491 (permalink)

Member # 41063
Quote:

THIS is the time to take a stand. Counties have drawn a line, whether they know it or not, by claiming themselves sanctuaries.

Either way it goes, gun owners will be demonized by the media, so they arent worth worrying about.

So that just leaves violence as the only thing to worry about. Ideally none is exhibited. If it is, you HAVE to make the state the first to resort to violence, or your movement is dead from the start.

And it has to be in such a way that the people attacked by the state are not portrayed as just a few crazies.

This could be a turning point in U.S. history. But it seems the same old stupid fucking tactics are being used. Chest puffing and other bullshit.

The leadership in virginia has made it QUITE clear they have no intention of listening to responsible gun owners. Rather than creating a platform to listen to their constituents, they have stripped them of rights and barricaded the capital.

If there isnt a clearer sign of tyranny and a reason to push your county to make due on their promises to be a sanctuary and leave a state controlled by a tyrannical government, then I question if Virginians even value their rights.
It's either going to be done in the courts and legislation or it's going to be a bloodbath. A few nuts here and there won't mean shit. Yeah, there are a lot of people mad and a lot of people "drawing lines" but it doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things because it's 30 over there, 15 over here, another 60 over there and I heard there were 100 out that way, etc. To make an actual fight that would establish a true line and make everyone drop what they are doing and pay attention it will take tens of thousands. The few hundred here and there protesting for the 2nd, a couple hundred more protesting for "rights" and a few hundred more protesting just because they want to take on the US Government and "the Feds" will not mean shit and will not get shit accomplished. It will take an organized group of 25k or more, all ready to give up their jobs, their families, their homes and actually do war on the State of Virginia, and in turn the US Government. Do you know tens of thousands willing to do that? Are you ready to throw away everything you have worked for and most likely give up your life for this? If not, then don't bitch when no one else does either. Unless there is some catalyst, some happening that would cement everyone together and everyone fall in line behind the same cause and the same leaders, then this is all just chest puffing and bullshit, but it's about all anyone can reasonably expect at this point.
Old 01-18-2020, 11:40 AM   #492 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 133544
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2big bronco View Post
Kinda crazy but I listen to the news a solid 4 hours a day and if I wasnt on pirate I would have no idea this was going on.
It just made the local news here today, they made it sound like the 3 dudes started everything and the government had the situation in hand.
Crisbee1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2020, 11:45 AM   #493 (permalink)

Member # 57128
Quote:

rinse and repeat.
Which of the bill of rights do the Rs try to take from the Ds when they have power?
Yota Up is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2020, 11:51 AM   #494 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 138976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota Up View Post
Which of the bill of rights do the Rs try to take from the Ds when they have power?
#'s 1-10

Old 01-18-2020, 12:19 PM   #495 (permalink)

Member # 86724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota Up View Post

the war on drugs
the patriot act
civil asset forfeiture

pick one.
Old 01-18-2020, 12:24 PM   #496 (permalink)

Member # 16468
Quote:
the war on drugs
the patriot act
civil asset forfeiture

pick one.
Republicans like to grow government as much as the dems. They just do it slightly differently.
Old 01-18-2020, 01:19 PM   #497 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 18433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provience View Post
#'s 1-10
Yup
Quote:
the war on drugs
the patriot act
civil asset forfeiture

pick one.
Dead on
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikel View Post
Republicans like to grow government as much as the dems. They just do it slightly differently.
Dont forget the ever expanding war machine and nation building/regime change.
Old 01-18-2020, 02:17 PM   #498 (permalink)
DMG

Member # 8145
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADChevy4x4 View Post
No.
DMG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2020, 06:11 PM   #499 (permalink)

Member # 125361
Quote:

The media is an arm of the DNC. Doesn’t matter who starts the violence, it will be reported as the gun owners. Just look at the media in D.C. with Nick Sandmann—if it hadn’t been such a public place with thousands of people with cell phone cameras, Sandmann would still be in hiding due to the death threats.

The violence will all start (May already have started with the supposed machine gun toting dudes that were arrested) somewhere that the State and media will be able to control the message (Ruby Ridge ring a bell?). Gun owners will continue to be vilified and painted as lawless maniacs and the liberal sheep will scream even more loudly that guns must be taken away to keep them safe.

"A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"
U.P. Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2020, 06:44 PM   #500 (permalink)

Member # 685378
Quote:

When I read things like this, all I am reminded of if Stonewall Jackson's speech about how he love the union, but loves Virginia more, and how he won't tolerate invaders to their homefronts and firesides, and how this means war.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnNWtDRrHrQ

Last edited by drummer9479; 01-18-2020 at 06:45 PM.
drummer9479 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in