Virginians are fighting Back - Page 22 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2020, 10:44 AM   #526 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 138976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landslide View Post
So, do you think a Republican governor in Virginia would be letting all this happen?

I get it, neither party is worth a fawk, but no one, and I mean no one has put up their hero to fix shit. All I hear is negative whining.

Whos your hero?
I think that a republican governor would be able to get much of these accomplished with greater ease. notice how there is resistence to this? otherwise, all the BS 'compromise bills' (because they already admitted confiscation was a false flag so they could pass compromise) would simply have been heralded as the first of's.

there is no hero's, i'm just here to be negative. it was more of a comment on "it could have been Clinton" isn't always a bad thing. when one party controls congress and the other controls presidency, we get the most ineffective possible combination. an inoperable government is about as close to a good government as we can hope for.

personally, i'm happy with many of the things trump has done. that doesn't mean we shouldn't remind him of the shit things he has done.

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2020, 10:45 AM   #527 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 138976
Quote:
Originally Posted by alk1174 View Post
Tomorrow is the big lobby day but I am sure some have already arrived.
Tuesday?

edit: today is sunday nevermind

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums

Last edited by Provience; 01-19-2020 at 10:45 AM.
Provience is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2020, 10:47 AM   #528 (permalink)

Member # 86724
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoCJ View Post
Careful now, Linkslide has called Gary Johnson a loon and outright insane, or some such nonsense. He's berated me a number of times because I voted for Johnson. I don't agree with everything Johnson stands for, but at least he's not an egomaniac snake oil salesman.
you think I don't know?
I started the giant gary johnson shit show thread during the election.

and the shit said by most members here perfectly illustrates that they are firmly in the us vs them camp, and as long as it's us doing the bad shit to them, it's all fucking fine.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:57 AM   #529 (permalink)

Member # 151818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provience View Post
any pictures yet? this is today, right?

Live feed??????
I need a way to view from my porch!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gregj50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2020, 12:47 PM   #530 (permalink)

Member # 57128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
Your ridiculous hyperbole aside, the drug war has been a complete and utter failure and more often than not has been used as an excuse to circumvent the bill of rights.

Don't want illegal search and seizure? Well now the cops smell weed and have probable cause. Have cash you legitimately earned? Well now the cops are taking it because it's suspicious and they get to keep it through civil asset forfeiture circumventing due process.

The war on drugs has become little more than a convenient excuse to search and seize whatever the cops want without a warrant.
I agree with everything you say.

I still don't think drugs compare remotely in importance to other things like guns, speech, and religion, though. Asset forfeiture is the worst thing ever.
Yota Up is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2020, 12:57 PM   #531 (permalink)

Member # 226216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota Up View Post
I agree with everything you say.

I still don't think drugs compare remotely in importance to other things like guns, speech, and religion, though. Asset forfeiture is the worst thing ever.
I don't think they compare as a straight comparison. They are extremely relevant in this discussion and time frame. Do not forget that the government that decided to ban drugs did so without any real constitutional value and just because its been upheld by the SCOTUS does not mean its actually correct or constitutional. It's 100% about the government doing what they want to infringe on what ever rights they want to in order to further their agenda, what ever the fuck that may be. Considering how the war on drugs was the first major noticeable infringement from most people born in the 70's or later its a great example. Yes I know it was a small infringement compared to some of the ones before it and after it but its a relatable comparison that your average internet browser with have a inkling of whats it about and how if pretty much fucks every citizen in this Republic.
thefishguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2020, 01:03 PM   #532 (permalink)

Member # 226216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota Up View Post
I missed the part of the bill of rights that talks about drugs. Have a hard time picturing George Washington looking out to make sure everyone can shoot heroin in front of preschools. That said, I agree it's BS and is played by the Rs moreso than Ds. Yet it's impact on life in general is much less significant than the other items on the table here. If you can't do drugs, boohoo. Not like you can compare that to guns or freedom of speech or religion.

Patriot act was both sides, as was civil forfeiture. We're focusing on exclusive things here.

So, back to square 1, what bill of rights do the Rs attack?
Dems: Freedom speech/hate crimes. Say "N word", go to jail. Bake cake or else.
Dems: Freedom of guns. Mags, etc, go to jail.

Your turn.
Feel free to point out where in the BoR or the COTUS it gives the government the ability to legislate flora and fauna? They have zero problem doing it if a Pharma company can market it and sell it. Seems like they are maybe mad that they aren't getting kickbacks from it? I can show you where congress has failed to do their jobs and yet found time to restrict the liberties of the American Citizens.

If you read a lot of our founders writings they clearly point out tine and again that the individual liberties of the citizen are far more important than the government creating laws to "protect" people from themselves. Seems like your arguing a straw man argument.
thefishguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2020, 01:06 PM   #533 (permalink)

Member # 129425
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnHC...ature=emb_logo

Cops drive 100 miles from Richmond to interrogate/accuse old man on his porch, after taking pictures and knocking on a piller while visiting the capital.
toyotatime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2020, 01:13 PM   #534 (permalink)

Member # 198851
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87manche View Post
lol.

not if you stopped enabling their lifestyle with welfare programs keeping them alive, and putting narcan in every police car.

let them die.

it's not the government's business to look after your welfare either.

but for those that are all "you can't just let them kill themselves" because of some moral qualms, if you ended the war on drugs and started treating the issue as a health one and not a criminal one, we'd probably get a lot further.
putting people in cages surely isn't working very well, as the drugs have obviously won the war.

and you're still justifying infringments based on some prception of need for public safety, the exact argument made to restrict firearms.

If you're pro war on drugs and pr 2a, you are a hypocrite. The same arguments made to justify the infringements for the drug war are also the same ones that are being used to justify the infringements for guns.
Your bullshit assumptions about my life choices are just that, shit....Look, on your own property or in your home you can do anything you want ,all is fair game...Out in public not so much...You obviously feel drugged and or drunk assholes on the roads or in public places is just dandy...Good luck with that....

Last edited by ADChevy4x4; 01-19-2020 at 01:14 PM.
ADChevy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2020, 01:19 PM   #535 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 18433
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADChevy4x4 View Post
Your bullshit assumptions about my life choices are just that, shit....Look, on your own property or in your home you can do anything you want ,all is fair game...Out in public not so much...You obviously feel drugged and or drunk assholes on the roads or in public places is just dandy...Good luck with that....
This is all hypothetical thinking since having it illegal has prevented these scenarios.

Another good though exparament would be to think about how much gang activity we would have if it was legal, making drugs illegal had eliminated all that.

You could replace all your drug assumptions with guns and you just made the left wing anti gun argument.

Last edited by Gslander; 01-19-2020 at 01:21 PM.
Gslander is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2020, 01:54 PM   #536 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 5639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gslander View Post
You could replace all your drug assumptions with guns and you just made the left wing anti gun argument.
Other than the BoR doesn't say anything about drugs. If arms wasn't the 2nd then that comparison would hold.

Kindness doesn't condemn or condone

Just Add Lightness
Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2020, 02:08 PM   #537 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 18433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
Other than the BoR doesn't say anything about drugs. If arms wasn't the 2nd then that comparison would hold.
I'm pretty sure the government telling you what you can and cannot put in your body is against the spirit of the document.

And here is some food for thought: https://www.aclu.org/blog/national-s...rightson-drugs

Last edited by Gslander; 01-19-2020 at 02:11 PM.
Gslander is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2020, 03:17 PM   #538 (permalink)

Member # 125361
Getting back to the original topic: Did anyone notice that the news is now painting gun owners as “white nationalists”?

NBC “White Nationalist” Rally
Quote:
Ahead of Monday's gun-rights rally in Virginia, NBC News reporter Ben Collins labeled the event a "white nationalist" gathering Sunday, even as he warned against spreading "made-up stuff" on Twitter
You know those “white nationalists” are going to be the ones who start the violence. Even if it’s the Capitol police who shoot first—because they “feared for their lives” and the Democrats told them to protect the Capitol.

"A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

Last edited by U.P. Jeep; 01-19-2020 at 03:21 PM.
U.P. Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2020, 03:48 PM   #539 (permalink)

Member # 16468
How many of these "white nationalist" nutjobs are there anyway? There was an old joke that said that if all the FBI infiltrators left the Klan, the KKK would cease to exist.
Old 01-19-2020, 03:55 PM   #540 (permalink)
DMG

Member # 8145
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADChevy4x4 View Post
Being drugged or drunk in public is already illegal and that wouldnt change with drug legalization. And alcohol is already legal. Are you confused? Or do you just really need more rules in your life?
DMG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2020, 04:48 PM   #541 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 20331
I smell a false flag, Id stay away.
fullsize80cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2020, 05:17 PM   #542 (permalink)

Member # 20728
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullsize80cherokee View Post
I smell a false flag, Id stay away.
Maybe. But at this point the bully stepped up and shoved the citizens of Virginia. We have to show up and metaphorically punch him in his chest. If we back down at this point due to the "credible threats" and the media claiming "alt-right", "neo-nazi" bullshit, they'll know they own us. I am hoping for a peaceful lobby day, just like the last 20 years.
Romogo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2020, 05:38 PM   #543 (permalink)

Member # 41063
VCDL sent me this earlier:

Quote:
Quick notes on Lobby Day:

Check any parking reservations you have - we've had reports of some garages deciding to close on Monday.
We want Lobby Day to be peaceful. However, if you see any one either being violent or threatening, find a police officer immediately (there will be a lot of them) and let them nip it in the bud.
Be sure to bring one or two bottles of water to prevent dehydration. You'll be standing in cold, dry air for several hours.
The Governor modified his executive order on the state of emergency to make it a Class 1 misdemeanor if someone violates the "no weapons" on the Capitol grounds. Only significant if someone were to slip a weapon by security, I would guess.
The rally and Lobby Day will both officially end at 12 noon. WRVA will be live-streaming the rally live and the John Fredericks show should be covering Lobby Day all day.
Old 01-19-2020, 11:49 PM   #544 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 95939
Hopefully the peaceful protestors can keep the the violent democrat plants in check.

As the slaughter of WW2 fades, the young gear up for something they will wish they had not wished for.

Quote:
I hope the little stickie out leg on the R gives you a rectal tear as you shove it up your ass.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DR. SMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2020, 04:04 AM   #545 (permalink)
Gravity Works!

Member # 25608
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87manche View Post
you think I don't know?
I started the giant gary johnson shit show thread during the election.

and the shit said by most members here perfectly illustrates that they are firmly in the us vs them camp, and as long as it's us doing the bad shit to them, it's all fucking fine.
So you and :Gary: are either obtuse or purposely ignore GJs running mates anti 2nd amendment stance. What does that really say about GJ? Pos imo

Besides all that, the media wouldve sent him running back home with his tail between his legs.

Again, whos your hero for 2020? I dont care about 2016 as thats history.
Old 01-20-2020, 04:09 AM   #546 (permalink)

Member # 103154
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoCJ View Post
This is the crutch of the matter right there. People need to BUTT THE FUCK OUT of other people's lives. Both sides, conservative & liberal, think they have the right to restrict/deny people's rights. That's utter bullshit.
I agree with you, but it's crux.

crux

/krəks,kro͝oks/

noun

the decisive or most important point at issue.

"the crux of the matter is that attitudes have changed"

Godspeed from occupied territory
whatafkwasat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2020, 05:14 AM   #547 (permalink)

Member # 82607
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. SMASHER View Post
Hopefully the peaceful protestors can keep the the violent democrat plants in check.
^^^^
this
dave_dj1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2020, 06:09 AM   #548 (permalink)
Unregistered User

Member # 224886
Drove right past a ton of it this morning on the way to work. Two very distinct types of people out for the most part.

Mostly normal people out there grouped up, standing around talking and if they're armed it's not obvious.

But, there's also a bunch of 20 something obese tactical retards out there walking around alone in body armor, helmets, and carrying rifles that I'm sure will be all over the news. Watched one neckbeard by the Federal courthouse walking towards the capital stuffed into an Amazon tactiool vest and tard helmet just blatantly carrying what looked like an AR10 outfitted to look like a Barret around in his hands. Not even a sling on it. I'm guessing he didn't make it very far past the mobile command unit they've got parked on the corner of that block.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2020, 07:18 AM   #549 (permalink)
Wear Your Seatbelts

Member # 196627
I've seen some pictures of the crowds and the turnout looks very big. Read that all Dems in office stayed home today but the Repubs all showed up like it was any other work day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
scooter2374 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2020, 08:23 AM   #550 (permalink)

Member # 67681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provience View Post
any pictures yet? this is today, right?
Reports from the ground are that nobody is going in the chain link. I hope that this remains true.

rugger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in