And so, the 2020 liberal snowflakes with TDS are already lashing out attacking people - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2020, 11:33 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Member # 700186
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by ev13wt View Post
I do listen to Peterson. When you close your eyes though, you can imagine it's Saul Goodman.
Anyhow. Thanks for the words.

I mostly (90%) agree with Peterson. His view is always clear of emotion and based in facts. His stance on most subjects is fair, honest and researched.
He has a emotional way of speaking that is ... highly effective in creating emotional agreeableness in listeners of most educational and cultural "levels".
That inspires me most about the guy.

You speak about education devolving. What do you mean?

I'm saying for one that the public education is a disaster mostly for not teaching critical thinking and emotional control. Instead it's multiple choice tests and group think / hate. (I'd never hang with -insert group-, I mean ....)

A bit further down I also see a big problem in teachers imposing their one sides view on children. Doesn't matter the side either. They MUST teach both views, or are unfit for teaching.
What you say is essentially what I mean. We agree.

You can lay this one at the feet of the progressive left because the left totally dominates higher education, and has the pension for not tolerating other views. Out of this has spawned totally insane things like unlimited genders and completely corrupt teachings.

People can now graduate with 4 year degrees without any factual beliefs. That's what I mean. It's just devolved into near compete failure. I don't know how to fix it but it's a huge part of the emotional devide that we see. History is not really taught at all. But instead students receive a lack of critical thinking and opinions completely devoid of understanding and at the same time, brazenly arrogant in how sure they are.

Last edited by Buck Wild Racing; 02-14-2020 at 11:34 AM.
Buck Wild Racing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 12:09 PM   #52 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!
 
ev13wt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member # 52443
Location: Sunnyvale / Frankfurt
Posts: 20,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Wild Racing View Post
What you say is essentially what I mean. We agree.

You can lay this one at the feet of the progressive left because the left totally dominates higher education, and has the pension for not tolerating other views. Out of this has spawned totally insane things like unlimited genders and completely corrupt teachings.

People can now graduate with 4 year degrees without any factual beliefs. That's what I mean. It's just devolved into near compete failure. I don't know how to fix it but it's a huge part of the emotional devide that we see. History is not really taught at all. But instead students receive a lack of critical thinking and opinions completely devoid of understanding and at the same time, brazenly arrogant in how sure they are.
We need to educate the grown-ups before they can teach the kids. I also feel that being a teacher can be a most honorable profession, right next to "doctor" and such. However, it seems they can basically do what they want in a classroom - unchecked by anyone but their own. This is a big problem and would bankrupt any company.

So more government is dumb, but I don't see any other possibility to force the curriculum towards unbiased and the teachers toward not mixing curriculum with personal opinion.
__________________
eVil.TwiT
"Always take more trash from nature than you bring."
ev13wt is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 12:16 PM   #53 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!
 
ev13wt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member # 52443
Location: Sunnyvale / Frankfurt
Posts: 20,113
A decision must be made for the yearly updated curriculum documents:

- Should children be allowed to play cowboy and indians (in any form) or should aggressive and dominating warfare group culture with enemy based mechanics not be part of teaching and school - and as such teachers shall intervene and dissolve it?
__________________
eVil.TwiT
"Always take more trash from nature than you bring."
ev13wt is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 12:21 PM   #54 (permalink)
Non-Lemming
 
SanDiegoCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Member # 840
Location: Ramona, SoCal
Posts: 78,516
Actually IMO it's the OP that has "TDS".

From Urban Dictionary:

TDS
Trump Derangement Syndrome, is the unwavering adoration and devotion to a political leader, beginning with Donald Trump the namesake of the disorder, extending to other forms of leadership including presidents and rulers typically of a fascist or populist nature. While the name is meant to have pejorative connotations the actual condition is characterized primarily by behaviors found in in "cult of leader" or "cult of personality" scenarios.



__________________
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Salesmen and women. God sells to the ignorant.
SanDiegoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 12:28 PM   #55 (permalink)
Random Dude
 
Join Date: May 2014
Member # 467273
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoCJ View Post
From Urban Dictionary:

TDS
Trump Derangement Syndrome, is the unwavering adoration and devotion to a political leader, beginning with Donald Trump the namesake of the disorder, extending to other forms of leadership including presidents and rulers typically of a fascist or populist nature. While the name is meant to have pejorative connotations the actual condition is characterized primarily by behaviors found in in "cult of leader" or "cult of personality" scenarios.
SCOTUS called - legally defined, your expertise is "tedious", not "TDS"
__________________
PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
- The 4th little pig built his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful

Last edited by ExWrench; 02-14-2020 at 12:31 PM.
ExWrench is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 02:46 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Member # 28880
Location: Spreckels, Ca
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Wild Racing View Post
I'm guessing you work for .gov somehow? I may be wrong but my spider sense tells me you're a public employee.
I am indeed. I also work in information technology. Everyone who works in IT is lazy- we got good at our jobs because we spend more time trying to figure out how to make technology do the work for us than actually doing the work ourselves. Now the state pays me to do the same thing for them.

People hate on government workers, but everyone in my department kicks ass and we make life easier for everyone else at our organization as well as the public(I obviously do NOT work for the DMV).
Harry Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 02:51 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Member # 700186
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by ev13wt View Post
We need to educate the grown-ups before they can teach the kids. I also feel that being a teacher can be a most honorable profession, right next to "doctor" and such. However, it seems they can basically do what they want in a classroom - unchecked by anyone but their own. This is a big problem and would bankrupt any company.

So more government is dumb, but I don't see any other possibility to force the curriculum towards unbiased and the teachers toward not mixing curriculum with personal opinion.
In California the government forces the curriculum towards bias.

Vouchers is the only solution I can think of. So parents can choose where to send their kids. Let the awful schools fail. It's not perfect but anything is better than what we have now.
Buck Wild Racing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 02:54 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Member # 700186
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Johnson View Post
I am indeed. I also work in information technology. Everyone who works in IT is lazy- we got good at our jobs because we spend more time trying to figure out how to make technology do the work for us than actually doing the work ourselves. Now the state pays me to do the same thing for them.

People hate on government workers, but everyone in my department kicks ass and we make life easier for everyone else at our organization as well as the public(I obviously do NOT work for the DMV).
Everyone in government says they are the good ones. Lol.
Buck Wild Racing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 02:56 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Member # 28880
Location: Spreckels, Ca
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Wild Racing View Post
In California the government forces the curriculum towards bias.
I'm gonna call BS on you there.

Wife is a teacher and both my parents(one dem, one rep) were administrators for different school districts. There is no more push towards a bias than any other state's curriculum.
Harry Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 02:58 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Member # 28880
Location: Spreckels, Ca
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Wild Racing View Post
Everyone in government says they are the good ones. Lol.
Maybe, but coming from the private sector to this government IT department, I can say our pace and drive for innovation is on par with anyone in the private world. Might be our proximity to silicon valley gets us good talent? I dunno.
Harry Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 03:10 PM   #61 (permalink)
Random Dude
 
Join Date: May 2014
Member # 467273
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Wild Racing View Post
Everyone in government says they are the good ones.
I know a guy who's retired from a .gov lab. His whole career, he wrote his own annual reviews.

I'd bet he was a diligent & productive physicist, but talk about a great opportunity for waste!

Couple years after he retired, they did a huge shake-up & fat-cutting. I told him he was why
__________________
PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
- The 4th little pig built his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful
ExWrench is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 03:10 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Member # 700186
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Johnson View Post
I'm gonna call BS on you there.

Wife is a teacher and both my parents(one dem, one rep) were administrators for different school districts. There is no more push towards a bias than any other state's curriculum.
Oh yes there is.

Just one example. Gender as a social construct. That's a uniquely liberal idea not supported by fact.

There are thousands of examples. You simply are not right on this.
Buck Wild Racing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 03:17 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Member # 28880
Location: Spreckels, Ca
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Wild Racing View Post
Just one example. Gender as a social construct. That's a uniquely liberal idea not supported by fact.
I think you're getting curriculum confused with how California state law requires schools to treat students.
Harry Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 03:19 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Member # 700186
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Johnson View Post
I think you're getting curriculum confused with how California state law requires schools to treat students.
It's in the curriculum and a mandate on speech. All of it is in the new "inclusion" curriculum.

And there are tons more examples.

Again, people in government are the last to see.
Buck Wild Racing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 03:31 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Member # 28880
Location: Spreckels, Ca
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Wild Racing View Post
It's in the curriculum and a mandate on speech. All of it is in the new "inclusion" curriculum.

And there are tons more examples.

Again, people in government are the last to see.
The mandate on speech wasn't something the state board of education mandated, it came from higher up, they're just complying.

You keep making these vague references to "curriculum", but the more I see you use it, the more it seems to me like you don't know what exactly that entails.
Harry Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 03:43 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Member # 700186
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Johnson View Post
The mandate on speech wasn't something the state board of education mandated, it came from higher up, they're just complying.

You keep making these vague references to "curriculum", but the more I see you use it, the more it seems to me like you don't know what exactly that entails.
Again. It's in the mandated curriculum. Like it or not. My city sued to get out of it and lost. In the curriculum. Mandated books and area of study.

This is not hard and I have zero idea why you would ever argue this. Our government is wildly liberal, and passes laws in line with that, but somehow curriculum standards in public education is going to magically skip this? Come on.
Buck Wild Racing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 03:51 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Member # 28880
Location: Spreckels, Ca
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Wild Racing View Post
Again. It's in the mandated curriculum. Like it or not. My city sued to get out of it and lost. In the curriculum. Mandated books and area of study.

This is not hard and I have zero idea why you would ever argue this. Our government is wildly liberal, and passes laws in line with that, but somehow curriculum standards in public education is going to magically skip this? Come on.
I argue with you on this because I know where to find the state board of ed's content standards and I also get to hear first hand from my wife about what curriculum she teaches. She has students in her 8th classes that have identified themselves as a different gender and has to figure out how to deal with that as an everyday thing. The current state of an actual successful public school in my neck of the woods is that they don't really have policies in place for how to deal with students that have decided they are a different gender on the inside or however that works. The wife comes home and vents to me about the challenges of those situations. If actually teaching that gender is a social construct was part of her school curriculum, I would have definitely heard it from her by now.
Harry Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 04:16 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Member # 377
Location: in the woods
Posts: 10,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Johnson View Post
People hate on government workers, but everyone in my department kicks ass and we make life easier for everyone else at our organization as well as the public(I obviously do NOT work for the DMV).
Everyone I've ever dealt with in IT thinks this. I've yet to encounter one that id agree with on it though.
east_beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 04:17 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Member # 28880
Location: Spreckels, Ca
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by east_beast View Post
Everyone I've ever dealt with in IT thinks this. I've yet to encounter one that id agree with on it though.
Just for that I'm shutting off your internet. If you want it back on, you're going to have to put in a ticket.
Harry Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 04:17 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Member # 700186
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Johnson View Post
I argue with you on this because I know where to find the state board of ed's content standards and I also get to hear first hand from my wife about what curriculum she teaches. She has students in her 8th classes that have identified themselves as a different gender and has to figure out how to deal with that as an everyday thing. The current state of an actual successful public school in my neck of the woods is that they don't really have policies in place for how to deal with students that have decided they are a different gender on the inside or however that works. The wife comes home and vents to me about the challenges of those situations. If actually teaching that gender is a social construct was part of her school curriculum, I would have definitely heard it from her by now.
It is. It's part of the curriculum. Whether your wife has vented to you or not. Download the 2019 Health curriculum Framework for public schools. Read it and get back to us.

I mean holy hell, you are arguing this based on what your wife complains about? Seriously?

Last edited by Buck Wild Racing; 02-14-2020 at 04:18 PM.
Buck Wild Racing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 04:34 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Member # 28880
Location: Spreckels, Ca
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Wild Racing View Post
It is. It's part of the curriculum. Whether your wife has vented to you or not. Download the 2019 Health curriculum Framework for public schools. Read it and get back to us.

I mean holy hell, you are arguing this based on what your wife complains about? Seriously?
So I owe you an apology. I was looking at an older version of the framework. Should have gone to cde's website. Looks like they are now pushing gender neutral language. That's gnarly. I wonder if schools are actually complying.
Harry Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 04:44 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Member # 700186
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Johnson View Post
So I owe you an apology. I was looking at an older version of the framework. Should have gone to cde's website. Looks like they are now pushing gender neutral language. That's gnarly. I wonder if schools are actually complying.
Very cool of you.

Schools are fighting but losing.
Buck Wild Racing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 05:40 PM   #73 (permalink)
Rock God
 
bobbywalter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Member # 15473
Location: trenton mi
Posts: 2,007
Send a message via AIM to bobbywalter
so....did you join the trump like the sideways sign asked ???....
__________________
if only




88 ranger ext cab p.o.s. hackjob powered by a 6.5 diesel clattering against a 4l80 thats punishing a f208 that is turning ford 60's rolling on 33-44 inch tires depending on the mission at hand


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
how ya like me now??
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bobbywalter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 05:41 PM   #74 (permalink)
Rock God
 
bobbywalter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Member # 15473
Location: trenton mi
Posts: 2,007
Send a message via AIM to bobbywalter






has your name on it.
__________________
if only




88 ranger ext cab p.o.s. hackjob powered by a 6.5 diesel clattering against a 4l80 thats punishing a f208 that is turning ford 60's rolling on 33-44 inch tires depending on the mission at hand


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
how ya like me now??
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bobbywalter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 05:46 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Yota Up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Member # 57128
Posts: 14,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by ev13wt View Post
stare longer at a faces
I'm not gonna read some shit written by an illiterate foreigner. Speak English, bitch, or GTFO.
Yota Up is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.