Fail - Page 2321 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Premium Memberships
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2019, 08:43 PM   #58001 (permalink)

Member # 192237
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukjeeper View Post
I'm still wondering how the hell 'Our Kansas' became 'Our Can Saw'. It's just KANSAS, with AR in front of it. Where'd the W come from??
reminder, it's car-bean, ring gear, axle and driveshaft
not carb-eye-n, crown wheel, driveshaft and propeller shaft

loominum's pronounced "moon-metal" too
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 08:45 PM   #58002 (permalink)

Member # 67823
Quote:
I'm still wondering how the hell 'Our Kansas' became 'Our Can Saw'. It's just KANSAS, with AR in front of it. Where'd the W come from??
Well its not our Kansas, it's are-Kansas.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:50 PM   #58003 (permalink)
blatant asshole

Member # 464641
It was a typeo and well documented that it is exactly what happend.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
total newb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 08:54 PM   #58004 (permalink)
Global Warmer

Member # 33328
I've noticed some Wisconsin people (my wife and her family as well as my late Granddad included) like to add a T to the end of across = acrosst.

68 Bronco
98 XJ

Last edited by planefixer; 10-11-2019 at 08:55 PM.
planefixer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 09:38 PM   #58005 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 24238
Quote:
Originally Posted by [486] View Post
it's car-bean,

not carb-eye-n

Say what?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#5, Legends #571, UTV codog #901
koh19 crew: 4632
koh18 codog: 901, 4816 - crew: 928, 209, 4610
Mint17 pit crew: 4454, 946, 8199
koh16 codog: 2700 - crew: 572, 928, 4610
koh15 crew: 572

|
|
|
Mr. Mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 09:40 PM   #58006 (permalink)
"All Weeee Drive!"

Member # 6450
Quote:
Because every Democrat knows "ARs" are bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [486] View Post
reminder, it's car-bean.......
It's spelled "C-A-R-B-I-N-E".

Last edited by MochaMike; 10-11-2019 at 09:42 PM.
MochaMike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 10:57 PM   #58007 (permalink)

Member # 80349
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87manche View Post
fucking amazon.

I ordered two bearings on the 5th, they still haven't shipped.
in stock, fulfilled by amazon, prime.
Current delivery date is estimated as the 23rd.

I ordered the exact same bearings from the exact same link (clicked on it from my order) this morning.
guaranteed delivery sunday.

Amazon won't cancel the prior order. "advanced stages of shipping"
well theyve been in that stage since wednesday, when I asked them where the fuck my bearings were that should have been delivered tuesday.

amazon prime is becoming a big fail these days. Nothing guaranteed. "It will use two day shipping" Well what good does that do me when it takes a week to leave the warehouse?
I'm not renewing when it's up.
I can get everything I order on amazon cheaper elsewhere, the only reason to order from them was shit getting in my hands in two days reliably, but that's a problem these days.
I've had one issue to date that was remedied very quickly, but other than that I have been getting everything next day.

I ordered air bags for coil springs and they delivered to wrong house. A little chat with CS at 1am and I had a box on my porch next day. My neighbor brings over the original a day later. I didn't recognize his door from the delivery pix they sent me.
muddeprived is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 11:14 PM   #58008 (permalink)

Member # 777769
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddeprived View Post
I've had one issue to date that was remedied very quickly, but other than that I have been getting everything next day.

I ordered air bags for coil springs and they delivered to wrong house. A little chat with CS at 1am and I had a box on my porch next day. My neighbor brings over the original a day later. I didn't recognize his door from the delivery pix they sent me.
Iím having an ongoing problem with the post office mail getting delivered to the wrong house. Only happens on packages. One was a fenix flash light. Customer service at fenix accused me of fraud and told me to pound sand. Post office is only taking note when I report it.

I try to avoid using the post office to send anything.
Rubirunner85 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 11:37 PM   #58009 (permalink)

Member # 226216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubirunner85 View Post
Iím having an ongoing problem with the post office mail getting delivered to the wrong house. Only happens on packages. One was a fenix flash light. Customer service at fenix accused me of fraud and told me to pound sand. Post office is only taking note when I report it.

I try to avoid using the post office to send anything.

Fenix said that? . Damn I love their lights and have had good customer service from them but to accuse you of fraud for that makes me want to explore other manufacturers again. Damn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thefishguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 11:44 PM   #58010 (permalink)

Member # 67823
Quote:
Originally Posted by planefixer View Post
I've noticed some Wisconsin people (my wife and her family as well as my late Granddad included) like to add a T to the end of across = acrosst.
I've found those same folks tend to address a group as "yous." "Where are yous guys going for lunch?"
Old 10-11-2019, 11:45 PM   #58011 (permalink)

Member # 777769
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefishguy77 View Post
Fenix said that? . Damn I love their lights and have had good customer service from them but to accuse you of fraud for that makes me want to explore other manufacturers again. Damn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I loved their product's, but now my fiancť refuses to support that business. Iím bummed. I donít even know who else makes high end lights.
Old 10-12-2019, 02:49 AM   #58012 (permalink)

Member # 57128
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
At first, I thought the fence behind it was part of it.
At second, I think that's exactly what it needs to be complete.
Yota Up is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2019, 07:09 AM   #58013 (permalink)

Member # 774777
Quote:
I loved their product's, but now my fiancť refuses to support that business. Iím bummed. I donít even know who else makes high end lights.
Streamlight. I have both fenix and streamlight. Theyre close to same prices but better quality. IMHO.
Stuckntx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2019, 11:08 AM   #58014 (permalink)

Member # 86724
Quote:

my brother lives near philly and he can get shit delivered the same day.

amazon is obviously trying to cut shipping costs and go to a vertical. They're servicing al the major urban markets with their own trucks now.

the whole reason they changed the shipping shit on prime was so they could stop spending money in rural areas.

it used to be to satisfy the prime 2 day delivery all my shit got shipped UPS 2 day, for years. It was a no brainer for me to pay for prime, I saved well in excess of the $100 in shipping.

but now they're tired of spending that money to serve rural customers. if you're not urban, I fear that amazon doesn't give two fucks. They've grown big enough to not care.

So the bearings I ordered shipped yesterday, and will be here before the bearings I ordered on the 5th.
but 2 hours after my new bearing order shipped, the first order shipped as well, after being in "the advanced stage of shipping" for the three days prior.
wtf?
Old 10-12-2019, 11:11 AM   #58015 (permalink)

Member # 14620
Quote:
Iím happy with my Surefire G2X Pro.
Old 10-12-2019, 11:16 AM   #58016 (permalink)

Member # 79509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikel View Post
Almost as bad as the "R" people in the northeast insist on adding to the word "idea"
They also like adding an L to the middle of both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm View Post
Ask people to pronounce willamette and puyallup if you want to know if they are a transplant
I can easily name a dozen towns (near me) in Texas that every transplant asswipe pronounces wrong.
Old 10-12-2019, 11:31 AM   #58017 (permalink)

Member # 777769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckntx View Post
Streamlight. I have both fenix and streamlight. Theyre close to same prices but better quality. IMHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeeper View Post
Iím happy with my Surefire G2X Pro.
Thanks, my dad gave me a sure fire stinger a few years ago. I use it quite a bit.
The box stores carry the stream light line, so I felt it was lower quality than fenix. I donít have anything to base that on.

Iíll head over to stream lights site.
Old 10-12-2019, 11:38 AM   #58018 (permalink)

Member # 80248
Quote:
Thanks, my dad gave me a sure fire stinger a few years ago. I use it quite a bit.

The box stores carry the stream light line, so I felt it was lower quality than fenix. I donít have anything to base that on.

Iíll head over to stream lights site.
I would put streamlight ahead of Fenix. They cover a lot of fire responder and critical environment stuff that is a lot harder to get certified for. I have a polystinger that is indestructible

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2019, 11:47 AM   #58019 (permalink)

Member # 777769
Quote:
Originally Posted by kf4zht View Post
I would put streamlight ahead of Fenix. They cover a lot of fire responder and critical environment stuff that is a lot harder to get certified for. I have a polystinger that is indestructible

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
I was aware surefire wasnít used by ems, but I hadnít though of the required cert. thanks. My stinger is aluminum, and it has gotten abused. Still works fine.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:39 PM   #58020 (permalink)

Member # 774777
Surefire makes nice lights but they are very very freakin proud of them. At least double the cost for a comparable Streamlight or Fenix.

Ive carried the same Streamlight Protac HL- ?(Not sure of the right model number its downstairs) on my duty belt in the field for the last 3 years. It is still awesome and no issues with the switch or led circuits. Its been abused, dropped, run over, smashed against well lets just say something. Its got nicks and scratches but the lens is good, and the clip is still as good as new. I carry it in a kydex holster but I use the clip on my hat when I need my hands free.

FWIW I now own 6 of them. One in each car, one on my belt, and one with the integrated pic clamp on my m4 and I forgot about the one on my night stand. My fenix is downstairs on the counter. Still a good light I just prefer the SLs.

Last edited by Stuckntx; 10-12-2019 at 05:43 PM.
Stuckntx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2019, 01:16 AM   #58021 (permalink)
blatant asshole

Member # 464641
Ok. Look. I know im not perfect. Ive made some pretty big mistakes in my life.

But i might get fired because one of the guys is a completely stoned stupid absolute moron.

The only thing he covered was a shelf of drill bits. Lathe and mill tooling, the lathe, the mill, the computer, the torch table, the brand new snap on tool box, the mother fucking everything has over spray pn it.
Attached Images

total newb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2019, 01:29 AM   #58022 (permalink)

Member # 777769
Quote:
Originally Posted by total newb View Post
Ok. Look. I know im not perfect. Ive made some pretty big mistakes in my life.

But i might get fired because one of the guys is a completely stoned stupid absolute moron.

The only thing he covered was a shelf of drill bits. Lathe and mill tooling, the lathe, the mill, the computer, the torch table, the brand new snap on tool box, the mother fucking everything has over spray pn it.
See if he wants to stack fire wood in Alaska
Old 10-13-2019, 01:38 AM   #58023 (permalink)
Random Dude

Member # 467273
Quote:
I've had a Nitecore MH12GTS for over a year now with zero complaints.

<-- Random crap you might find useful
ExWrench is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2019, 02:48 AM   #58024 (permalink)

Member # 80349
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87manche View Post
Quote:

my brother lives near philly and he can get shit delivered the same day.

amazon is obviously trying to cut shipping costs and go to a vertical. They're servicing al the major urban markets with their own trucks now.

the whole reason they changed the shipping shit on prime was so they could stop spending money in rural areas.

it used to be to satisfy the prime 2 day delivery all my shit got shipped UPS 2 day, for years. It was a no brainer for me to pay for prime, I saved well in excess of the $100 in shipping.

but now they're tired of spending that money to serve rural customers. if you're not urban, I fear that amazon doesn't give two fucks. They've grown big enough to not care.

So the bearings I ordered shipped yesterday, and will be here before the bearings I ordered on the 5th.
but 2 hours after my new bearing order shipped, the first order shipped as well, after being in "the advanced stage of shipping" for the three days prior.
wtf?
Funny thing is I live in a rural area.
muddeprived is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2019, 05:42 AM   #58025 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 406202
Quote:
Originally Posted by total newb View Post

The only thing he covered was a shelf of drill bits.
Look on the bright side, at least your replacement won't have a hard time selecting the right size drill bit.
FirstRam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in