Project merkwürdig - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > International Harvester
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2003, 08:17 AM   #76 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 21765
amazing

im riveted
JD EVANS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2003, 10:55 AM   #77 (permalink)

Member # 11057
Quote:
Originally posted by grant-69travelall
I've been reading a ton of pirate stuff, looked at a ton of farm equipment, watched plenty of red green, and am now applying it all to my current build rig.
If this doesn't summarize everything that is cool about this board, I don't know what does.

Keep up the "interesting" work; it is truly inspiring.
BobBarry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2003, 02:44 PM   #78 (permalink)
imafighterjet

Member # 13619
Send a message via Yahoo to krawlr
Can I ask how much the 33SI alternator cost ya?

This is a very cool thread, MORE!

Last edited by krawlr; 12-12-2003 at 02:45 PM.
krawlr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2003, 03:50 PM   #79 (permalink)

Member # 12305
Play that banjo boy.........

Lama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2003, 03:58 PM   #80 (permalink)

Member # 12305
69travelall...is that a sexual thing boy?
Lama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2003, 04:41 PM   #81 (permalink)

Member # 17793
Headline News:
-Downpayment for house drained the playtime fund. so it will be rcokwells instead of bootyfab portals. I figure onboard stick/mig/tig/plasma will be enough uniqueness factor. :P

69travelall was the only thing I could think of last spring. Its the year of my travelall. I changed my name to add grant, because I want to phase out that name. But now the board won't let me change it again. Find pictures of it by searching the binder forum.

What is this? No replies for a week. I mention something in general and everyone is adding filler to my build page.

Its okay. Sometimes I'm feeling tired, then someone shows a picture of "Doc" from back to the future...

My next DIY project
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Broken Yoke -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Makeshift -

Last edited by Logjam-grant; 12-12-2003 at 04:43 PM.
Logjam-grant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2003, 05:00 PM   #82 (permalink)

Member # 21548
i would send small monetary contributions to see the booty fab portals
Old 12-14-2003, 05:40 PM   #83 (permalink)

Member # 17793
Thanks for the offer. Some day when I've accumulated more machining tools I'll take a stab at it.

Brook set me back on friday. :P Told me not to waste my time by doing anything without a doubler.

I got to do some serious plowing too. There is a section of road about 200 feet long that I never plow. So it had a winters worth of accumulation. The only problem is that the only place to put the snow is at the end of the road (I have to block access to my neighbor's property).

I had to do the first swipe with the plow 6 inches off the ground because of all the ice. When I got to the bottom of the steep hill my lack of front snow chains killed me. The 1000lbs scout 304 and cantilevered plow, and the fact that I'm on a steep grade didn't help my rear wheel weight. I was able to backup through snow over the top of my rear tires, do a complete turn, and drive straight up.

The berm at the bottom of the hill is taller than I am and the berm on the sides is about 4 feet. There is no way a pickup would have made it. This is the road my mom rolled her awd subaru on in the 80s.

Then I shoveled my way over to the 345+727+D20+frame. I had forgotten how many parts were liberated from the pile to keep the plow scout putting.

Plus, there is no room in there to chain drive double the 20, and I'm not going to do the cold duck D20 stacking thing.

So I'm going to focus my time on the rims and getting the van to daily driver status (axle, steering box, suspension mount), getting the 24x17 rims made, and then might consider tubing out the travelall. Its got a 345+727+divorced 202 (bigger slightly stronger than the 205). I could throw my 2wd 465 in front of the transfer case and be done.

I think I could buy another scout for half the cost of parts to make the scout frame pile run.

SOMETHING will be done by spring...promised phill and brook that yesterday. If it has peddle power, fine. but something!

My next DIY project

Broken Yoke -

Makeshift -

Last edited by Logjam-grant; 01-21-2004 at 01:09 PM.
Old 12-14-2003, 05:44 PM   #84 (permalink)

Member # 17793
I also assum that I will put a lot of people out of their misery. If I chopped up the body and threw on tractor tires you could rest soundly that this travelall does not exist anymore.

What do you think?

My next DIY project

Broken Yoke -

Makeshift -

Last edited by Logjam-grant; 01-21-2004 at 01:09 PM.
Old 12-15-2003, 01:56 PM   #85 (permalink)

Member # 21257
I think you now have plenty of room for a second rear axle back there.
mrutledge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2003, 02:13 PM   #86 (permalink)

Member # 4878
Send a message via ICQ to Travis Waldher Send a message via MSN to Travis Waldher Send a message via Yahoo to Travis Waldher
Quote:
Originally posted by mrutledge
I think you now have plenty of room for a second rear axle back there.
I was thinking enough room for some 24-36" long, 20" wide tracks. :lol: what better to plow with?

Travis Waldher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2003, 03:15 PM   #87 (permalink)

Member # 7646
Quote:

holly crap

thats must be the fastest rusing scout Iv seen, shit at the begining of this post you had at least a front end
Old 12-15-2003, 03:43 PM   #88 (permalink)

Member # 17793
I never said this wouldn't be a bumpy ride. Not doing the travelall, going to try the 4 cyl 196...I just think I will go power hungry stuck in mud with 50" tires.

Okay, I found it! One of the biggest reasons I didn't want to do either scout is because of the married D20. I don't have enough room for any big doubler. Don't forget that I have to shove my front axle out in front of my engine or else have a 35" frame height. :shock: So the rear drive shaft is going to be short.

I was looking REAL hard for the NPwhatever that brook traded me for a NP205. First I stabbed everywhere in the yard with a shovel like I was looking for an avalanche victim listening for a plink and uncovered all of the palets. No go. I did find some interesting things.

Then I considered the possibility taht I clipped it with the plow (I scraped right by that transmission). So I shoveled a 5x5x5 cube of snow, the only snow from the area of the transmission. The only thing I found was the back seat metal area from the scout. I knew before I started that I would catch that one.

Then I went back to where I'd started over by the green house (close to the scout) and started stabbing with the shovel (hadn't stabbed there yet). I didn't see it the first time because it was burried in a chunk of ice from melting snow on the roof.

I finally liberated it with the help of a 10lb hammer! I was too tired to move it, after shoveling more than anyone should ever have to...so I left it there.

Here it is, last summer. The missing yoke is the exact same coarse splined yoke used on the other sides. I'll swap the outputs with 1410s and put a remaining one on the input. The missing shaft is the input, the one below is for a front axle, and the two rear are for two rear axles. The options are High/Low and 6x6/6x4 (front axle disconnect). Written on the side is something like "Ratio: 1.96:1". might have been 98.

I would like to clock it upside down so that I don't have to cut up my D20 on the scout, but I don't know if the shift rail things would like oil pressure on them. An option would be to just clock it down a little (compared to the old one). By looking at it it looks like it normally hung down a little.

My next DIY project

Broken Yoke -

Makeshift -

Last edited by Logjam-grant; 01-21-2004 at 01:10 PM.
Old 12-15-2003, 03:53 PM   #89 (permalink)

Member # 7646
Quote:

I would like to clock it upside down so that I don't have to cut up my D20 on the scout, but I don't know if the shift rail things would like oil pressure on them.
if the seals are good and the reails arnt pited it should be fine

you should come up with a divice that can melt all thesnow in your yeard
Old 12-15-2003, 11:40 PM   #90 (permalink)

Member # 4878
Send a message via ICQ to Travis Waldher Send a message via MSN to Travis Waldher Send a message via Yahoo to Travis Waldher
Quote:
I never said this wouldn't be a bumpy ride. Not doing the travelall, going to try the 4 cyl 196...I just think I will go power hungry stuck in mud with 50" tires.

Okay, I found it! One of the biggest reasons I didn't want to do either scout is because of the married D20. I don't have enough room for any big doubler. Don't forget that I have to shove my front axle out in front of my engine or else have a 35" frame height. :shock: So the rear drive shaft is going to be short.

I was looking REAL hard for the NPwhatever that brook traded me for a NP205. First I stabbed everywhere in the yard with a shovel like I was looking for an avalanche victim listening for a plink and uncovered all of the palets. No go. I did find some interesting things.

Then I considered the possibility taht I clipped it with the plow (I scraped right by that transmission). So I shoveled a 5x5x5 cube of snow, the only snow from the area of the transmission. The only thing I found was the back seat metal area from the scout. I knew before I started that I would catch that one.

Then I went back to where I'd started over by the green house (close to the scout) and started stabbing with the shovel (hadn't stabbed there yet). I didn't see it the first time because it was burried in a chunk of ice from melting snow on the roof.

I finally liberated it with the help of a 10lb hammer! I was too tired to move it, after shoveling more than anyone should ever have to...so I left it there.

Here it is, last summer. The missing yoke is the exact same coarse splined yoke used on the other sides. I'll swap the outputs with 1410s and put a remaining one on the input. The missing shaft is the input, the one below is for a front axle, and the two rear are for two rear axles. The options are High/Low and 6x6/6x4 (front axle disconnect). Written on the side is something like "Ratio: 1.96:1". might have been 98.

I would like to clock it upside down so that I don't have to cut up my D20 on the scout, but I don't know if the shift rail things would like oil pressure on them. An option would be to just clock it down a little (compared to the old one). By looking at it it looks like it normally hung down a little.
Now THAT is what cracks me up the most!

"I just know I got sum sorta transfer case out dher under dat dem dher snow... honey!? wheres my snow shovel!?" :lol:

Travis Waldher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2003, 08:29 AM   #91 (permalink)

Member # 45
to the top

I love this thread!

Keep the pics coming.
I have a cousin in Big Lake.
Been homesteading since 1978.

Got running water and indoor bathrooms in 1994.

Drains his oil everynight and keeps in near the stove.
Truck starts every morning.

Gotta love the winters in Alaska

Swedish American :usa:
rugburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2003, 11:01 AM   #92 (permalink)

Member # 2438
I gave you 4 out of 5 stars...funny shit...I like how the comments went from "Bootylicious" to "how the fawk'd he do that?????"

you missed the 5th star because you bagged the homebrew chain-drive... good stuff
troutbum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2003, 09:56 AM   #93 (permalink)

Member # 12524
BTTT
hahahahaha, that just knocked an hour out of my work day. Keep it comin'.
Dr. Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2003, 03:56 PM   #94 (permalink)

Member # 16234
this thread kicks ass
76K5Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2003, 05:43 PM   #95 (permalink)

Member # 23690
if you ever finish anything i promise to nominate you for the nobel prize
fatconnors is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2003, 01:33 AM   #96 (permalink)

Member # 349
Damn, I just give up on outside projects when there's snow. Way to go
VT_Toy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2003, 11:31 AM   #97 (permalink)

Member # 11008
Ho man

I can't believe I missed this piece of forum history/insanity.

Amazing!
Lap Kitty :) is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2003, 12:20 PM   #98 (permalink)

Member # 2071
Send a message via AIM to tsm1mt
Quote:
I also assum that I will put a lot of people out of their misery. If I chopped up the body and threw on tractor tires you could rest soundly that this travelall does not exist anymore.

What do you think?
Move that axle back a foot or so, change the oil pan out for a SII or 74/75 truck rear-sump setup (along with the pump, of course) and then shove that front axle forward some..

Sawzall the front, and then go find some big tahrs.
Old 12-23-2003, 03:07 PM   #99 (permalink)

Member # 14367
Send a message via MSN to myeyesore
amazing read loved every minute of it but a line in you sig caught my attention

http://www.interestingprojects.com/cruisemissile/

holy shit, are you seriously gonna build a missle in , "Compact size, small enough to be transported inconspicuously and launched from a regular pickup truck. "

Jesus christ, I dont think you need a missle. Damn great ideas, but lets keep them of the non lethal variety. Im sure it can be done, it obvioulsy can cause it exists, after watching your video in the basement with your homemade plasma cutter I cant help but think of a missle being close to that invention. Your basement reminds me of the burbs.
myeyesore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2003, 04:07 PM   #100 (permalink)

Member # 23690
that missile site looked like it was run by some guy in new zealand, i don't think it's the same guy, unless he invented some sort of portal between AK and NZ using hairdryers, which i wouldn't rule out just yet
fatconnors is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in