Ground Breaker - Page 12 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > International Harvester
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2018, 08:27 PM   #276 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 50690
Send a message via MSN to jemarshall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow man View Post
I was just looking at those same headlights. What do you think about them?
These are the ones I got. Love them. Very bright and the warm up so they don't freeze over. Got a set to put in the kids rig too.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01...f=yo_pop_mb_pd

Quote:
What ever you do, please do not suck start a shot gun.

Stick it up your ass...that way you're likely to hit something vital.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jemarshall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2018, 08:30 PM   #277 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 50690
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhorse View Post
Great update! Thanks for sharing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottle(tm sct) View Post
Bad ass sir!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiScouter View Post
Thanks for the updates, glad to see you are using it. How is the other one coming along

Thank you.

Other one has been sitting. Kid was back in Baltimore for a year so it was in storage. She just got back and I haven't had time to mess with it. Last time it was out it developed a trans leak I need to fix.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2018, 08:15 PM   #278 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 50690
Getting close, working on some finishing touches before KOH and will hopefully have the skins from windshield forward painted by the end of the weekend.
Attached Images

Quote:

Old 01-23-2018, 08:20 PM   #279 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 16680
sweet. Side shot?

What color?

plug ugly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2018, 08:44 PM   #280 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 50690
Best side shots I have right now. The color is the gray patch on the pass fender, that was my test spot.

First is from before final fender trimming, front slider trimming and moving the rear axle back about 2".

2nd after the trimming and moving.

Also a teaser pic of the grill.
Attached Images

Quote:

Old 01-29-2018, 08:59 AM   #281 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 50690
Got allot done on the front skins over the weekend. Just a few tiny things to finish up, put the radio in, mount the fire extinguisher, etc etc. The only real exception is the rear drive-line, which I am hoping will be done today or maybe tomorrow. It had to go back to the shop since it came back the first time 2" shorter than it was supposed to be. It will be ready to go on the trailer first thing Friday morning.
Attached Images

Quote:

Old 02-18-2018, 09:59 PM   #282 (permalink)

Member # 693233
Just read your whole write-up. Keep up the good work!
Old 02-20-2018, 10:00 PM   #283 (permalink)
Registurd Abuser

Member # 34995
Sure was purdy for a little while

When are you going to share the pictures of the "Modifications"

Last edited by '71 800B; 02-20-2018 at 10:00 PM.
'71 800B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2018, 11:40 PM   #284 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 50690
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonMag View Post
Just read your whole write-up. Keep up the good work!
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by '71 800B View Post
Sure was purdy for a little while

When are you going to share the pictures of the "Modifications"
Been being lazy and dealing with home stuff, I'll get something done up this weekend at work about the "Modifications" 🖕 😁 🖕

Quote:

Last edited by jemarshall; 02-20-2018 at 11:42 PM.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:53 PM   #285 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 50690
So I have been really lazy on updating this.... So far its been a pretty ruff year for the rig....

Sand Hollow was fucking amazing, but can get really shitty really fast. I had changed the rear upper links around in the adjustable upper mounts when I moved the rear axle back, and it changed it allot, feels a ton better when climbing, before it felt like it wanted to come over when climbing, not so much any more. After messing around at Sand Hollow I started to get the feel for it and got a little cocky headed up Nasty Half and got in a really bad spot going out the top. As is normal, pics don't do it justice, and if you know the spot you can visualize it. I was working on it pretty hard to drive it out, until I was talked into getting out and looking at it......

No major breakage or crashes for me, but we all felt like we were rushed and needed more time there. We are definitely planning on going back, such an amazing place.

And then there was KOH. We got in there Thursday afternoon and got settled in. Went out that evening for a run up resolution and around the back side towards turkey claw. Headed by Trap door I figured why not, climbed it in the old rig on D44's and 35" DOT tires, and was climbing harder stuff at SH, should be a cake walk. Well I got on the face of it and it felt fine, rolled into it and started up the face and it lost traction. Before I could do anything it bounced on the rear driver tire and I ended up completely on my top. Windshield frame came out fine but it stopped moving with a boulder in the windshield on the passenger side, tweaked the hell out of the radiator and smashed the hell out of the front fenders and grill. After standing it up it held all of its fluids except for less than a quart of ATF. Bumped the motor over with the ignition off to make sure she didn't have oil on the top side of the pistons and then it fired right off. Spend Friday watching the the short course section of the race from the pits, pulling the sheet metal off of it and cleaning the glass out of it. Saturday we headed out to wheel Outer Limits. Had it up over 75 going out and coming back and it handled it much better than I was expecting. Was pretty dang smooth, not having a windshield really sucked though......

After getting back I took it snow wheeling on March 3rd up at TSF. Got up high enough that we were in uncut snow and pushed all the way up the trails to the top past the crusher's. There was about 4 feet up top of good pack. The next day I took it up into Washington by Mt. Saint Hellens for some more snow wheeling. There had been allot more traffic up there and the ruts had all iced over making it a nightmare. It was determined that the Sticky MTR's do not do anywhere are good as the DOT MTR's in the snow. Even down at 2 ish PSI @RANGERROD still had a ton more traction than I did.

I did a last minute load up and run down to Cline Butte on the evening of March 9th to wheel on the 10th. I unloaded it about 8 in the morning and the other guy wasn't going to be there until about 10 so I figured I would work on the MAF tuning I had been putting off for a while. Driving up and down the road for about 15 min getting readings and I believe I spun a rod bearing in the bottom end of the motor. If not that I have a really small fucker that moved into the oil pan and hates it when I have the motor running s he starts beating on the inside of the block with a 3 pound sledge hammer. I had it on the trailer and strapped back down by 8:30 and turned it into a drinking trip instead. So far it's still sitting on the trailer in the driveway until I can get my buddies jeep out of my shop so I can yank the motor out and go from there. I have been looking around and thinking about what I want to do for it and so far I am thinking about making a 408 stroker out of it, because you always need more power.........I will have to see what the crank looks like when I can get into it.

Quote:

Old 03-23-2018, 05:37 PM   #286 (permalink)
P.B.A.

Member # 172656
Shitty about the motor. Looking forward for updates.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:44 PM   #287 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 9835
Im glad to see you are having fun with it. I would be more unhappy with having to source and fit new skins and windshield. At least with the engine you get to put a few more ponies into it. I am guessing that it ran with no oil pressure when flipped?
ChiScouter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2018, 06:40 PM   #288 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 50690
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERROD View Post
Shitty about the motor. Looking forward for updates.
Thanks, hopefully they will be coming soon....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiScouter View Post
Im glad to see you are having fun with it. I would be more unhappy with having to source and fit new skins and windshield. At least with the engine you get to put a few more ponies into it. I am guessing that it ran with no oil pressure when flipped?
The skins are not sitting well, but I have spares to use. I will be adding some more tube to the front to keep from beating it up to bad if it happens again, I just hate anything that resembles one of those stupid ass jeep stinger bars on the front of my rigs . The windshield frame came out of it just fine and the glass was already cracked, between needing to replace it from that and already thinking about chopping 2-3" out of the front windshield height, I am not too upset about the glass. Now the condition of my face after 2 days of bombing around in the snow was far from pleasant, felt and peeled like a 2nd degree sun burn .

When it went over I got it shut down immediately, but it is a high millage take out that I just tossed a cam in. Also I was flogging the absolute hell out of it in the snow, man she loves her some rev limiter . So it loosing a bearing, though unwanted, is not a surprise. I was just hoping it would give me a while longer before I had to sink some money into it.

I was able to steal the video from FB and upload it to YouTube, trust me, it aint pretty, felt like an idiot.....

Quote:

Last edited by jemarshall; 03-23-2018 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:40 PM   #289 (permalink)

Member # 831082
Your rig is awesome! Only been in Oregon for a few years and I've never seen or heard of that place! Can't wait to see what's been going on with your adventures.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:49 AM   #290 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
sucks about the carnage but at least you have been out and enjoying it and now have a excuse to build a stroker motor

snowracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2018, 08:40 PM   #291 (permalink)

Member # 181868
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowracer View Post
sucks about the carnage but at least you have been out and enjoying it and now have a excuse to build a stroker motor
This! Please keep us updated.

waterhorse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2018, 08:47 PM   #292 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 50690
Thank you.

The plan right now is to build a 408 stroker. I just need time off of work to do it. This is my shortest week so far this month and I'll be about 75 hours by the end of the weekend. Outage time is good on the bank account, but hard on the body. I've been on 12 hour plus nights since the 2nd. The rig is still siting on the trailer because I haven't even had the time to put it in the shop.

Quote:

Old 04-28-2018, 09:13 AM   #293 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 50690
So the engine s out and tore down. It spun half a rod bearing. The half in the cap spun and was stacked with the other one and half the rod was running without a bearing. This one was a new one for me........
Attached Images

Quote:

Old 04-28-2018, 10:31 AM   #294 (permalink)

Member # 181868
Boy that sucks!

waterhorse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2018, 10:35 AM   #295 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 50690
I'll just leave this here.....

First Fire

Quote:

Old 07-19-2018, 12:11 PM   #296 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 9835
Thats awesome I was afraid I was going to be seeing a lot of smoke and flames
ChiScouter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2018, 08:23 PM   #297 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 50690
Me too, this is the first full on rebuild I've done in a long time.....

Quote:

Old 07-19-2018, 08:45 PM   #298 (permalink)
P.B.A.

Member # 172656
So what numbers are you thinking? That thing ripped before.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:20 PM   #299 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 50690
600 would be awesome, 500 probably more likely

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in