New project? - Page 13 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > International Harvester
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2005, 04:44 PM   #301 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 5650
Yes, yes it does.

I won't be doing any laps until I have the rest of it buttoned up. I need to tune it quite a bit, I also need to install the O2 sensor. But it starts like that every time.
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2005, 08:15 PM   #302 (permalink)

Member # 40702
Good luck on those SSII mirrors. I got the same ones back in Sept. and couldn't fiqure how to mount them. Me suspects they're for something else.
TheCopperCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2005, 12:23 AM   #303 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 5650
They fit on the lower part of the windshield where it meets up with the body(held them in place). Not the best fitting item, but I haven't installed them yet so I'm going to hold off judgment until I see the final fitment. I have never liked the pass side arrangement, so I'm going to skip that ~ it'll probably die on a rock anyway.

Old 11-04-2005, 03:07 AM   #304 (permalink)

Member # 28991
Fucking sick, I bet you are stoked. she runs like a champ. I still haven't been able to make it up to your shop, hopefully i can around x-mass time when I get back from school. I miss my scout
toocoolforschoolTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2005, 11:41 AM   #305 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 5650
Come on by when you can.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:25 PM   #306 (permalink)

Member # 4239
The SS2 mirriors the light line dealers sale are just Heep CJ mirrors with a different bracket to mount them to the windsheld. I had them on my Terra for awhile untill i rolled it. When i put the Terra back together i didn't buy another set since they where kind of hard to see out of.
TERRA-IZER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2005, 03:10 PM   #307 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 5650
I'm only planning on putting the driver side one on ~ I figure it'll keep the Scout legal ~ I really don't like the way the pass one works ~ I know its stock, but it just seems a little wierd. So I'm going to be putting on the driver one, we'll see how long it'll last.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:21 PM   #308 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 5650
More bling.

The steering wheel is your standard 760 Grant, cheapo ~ but nice. The little thingy next to it is a pinless quick release... diggin' it.

Basically its like a cam-lock system, squeeze the ring and the wheel pops off. Squeeze it again and it goes back on and locks down. Obviously not recommended for street applications since you can pull the wheel off without thinking about it.

Putting it on.

Its just a touch smaller than the stock wheel
Old 01-05-2006, 10:41 AM   #309 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 5650
No, I haven't died, neither has Rusty. We're sitting here and waiting.

Actually, I test flexed it, and found that despite of having the SAW's 8" away from the tires at ride-height, the tires will come in and RUB the body of the shocks at full flex.

Not just that, but when flexed and turned, the tires will rub the front tube work. ~ Frankly, I'm going to cut all the front tube work off and start again. Yes, I now, but I don't want to run it the way it is. and if I do, I'll do nothing but make excuses for it. Which I don't want to do.

Sorry guys, nothing else to report.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:44 AM   #310 (permalink)

Member # 27575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy
No, I haven't died, neither has Rusty. We're sitting here and waiting.

Actually, I test flexed it, and found that despite of having the SAW's 8" away from the tires at ride-height, the tires will come in and RUB the body of the shocks at full flex.

Not just that, but when flexed and turned, the tires will rub the front tube work. ~ Frankly, I'm going to cut all the front tube work off and start again. Yes, I now, but I don't want to run it the way it is. and if I do, I'll do nothing but make excuses for it. Which I don't want to do.

Sorry guys, nothing else to report.
PICS!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2006, 01:25 PM   #311 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 5650
Batteries died on the camera.

Actually, Dan isn't posting pictures and he's making more progress than I am, so I figure if I don't post pictures, I'll get more done!
Old 01-05-2006, 10:11 PM   #312 (permalink)

Member # 40702
Touche`!
TheCopperCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2006, 12:26 AM   #313 (permalink)

Member # 64586
Send a message via AIM to Sand73
I can't get over the flat dash u've inspired me to make one, I've wanted too for a long time

[COLOR=SlateGray]1973[/COLOR]Scout II, SOA, 2.5 springs, 35's, D44s, 345, 727
[COLOR=Red] [B]S[/B]COUTS [B]W[/B]EST [/COLOR]

[B][SIZE="6"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]BUY MY SCOUTII
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sand73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2006, 09:09 AM   #314 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 5650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand73
I can't get over the flat dash u've inspired me to make one, I've wanted too for a long time
I do what I can...
Old 01-06-2006, 09:36 AM   #315 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 5650
Here we go.

Despite over 6" of clearance between the shocks and the tire, the tire will RUB the shocks at full stuff if the other side is completely drooped out ~ and it doesn't have the second spring on it yet.

Further, when stuffed and turned, it hits the front tube work. As you can see, I cut the tube work away to make sure it doesn't hit the tire.

With that amount of trimming, I'm going to cut the tube work away and redo it.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:27 PM   #316 (permalink)

Member # 18592
Send a message via AIM to binderbound
WTF!!! The holidays are about working on your rig. I see no worky.

You better have than biotch up and running by this fall. I'm thinking about a west coast power tour. I would like to hit rubicon, moab, and colorado. You better be there.

I am having a hard time taking pics because it slows down the progress... and i forget sometimes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
binderbound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2006, 03:39 PM   #317 (permalink)
BAMF

Member # 42606
Quote:
Originally Posted by binderbound

You better have than biotch up and running by this fall. I'm thinking about a west coast power tour. I would like to hit rubicon, moab, and colorado. You better be there.

I am having a hard time taking pics because it slows down the progress... and i forget sometimes.
Az,,,,AZ,,,AZ,,,,
Munchies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2006, 03:59 PM   #318 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 5650
Quote:
Speak for yourself mr picture taker ~ I bet you don't have pictures because you're not doing anything to it.

Quote:
If things go as they should, I may be moving the shop, and Rusty needs to go on to a garage. So it needs to be done QUICK (its kinda stressfull). Yes, we may be moving the shop again. This time it's to a new house ~ That is, if the freaking realtor gets out of my way (we don't use realtors, we find a house and offer $$ to the owner). This one wants a 1% commission for her....uh.....*work* She didn't find us, we found the house, now take a hike already.

Quote:
I am having a hard time taking pics because it slows down the progress...
Yeah, like here's my impression of Dan:
[click] ~"DANG I just lost a split second, this thing will never be finished now!"

Old 01-06-2006, 04:09 PM   #319 (permalink)

Member # 1956
Quote:

Have something against AZ? Farmington?
Old 01-06-2006, 04:15 PM   #320 (permalink)

Member # 13731
Quote:
Speak for yourself mr picture taker ~ I bet you don't have pictures because you're not doing anything to it.

Yeah, like here's my impression of Dan:
[click] ~"DANG I just lost a split second, this thing will never be finished now!"

I saw Dan's computer last night ----- it's an itsy bitsy Blackberry - so I think getting posts from him at all is a bonus. The thing is smaller than my digital camera. Between my fat fingers, flying tools, grease and hammers I'd break a Blackberry in a matter of minutes if I took it into my garage...

uglyscout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2006, 04:27 PM   #321 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 5650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow man
Have something against AZ? Farmington?
They're overrated.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:04 PM   #322 (permalink)

Member # 18592
Send a message via AIM to binderbound
Har har,very funny.once I get into my fabbing groove I don't like to stop.I think you can relate.maybe you can't by the looks of your progress.OH SNAP!

Keep your pants on.I'll have lots of pics up Saturday.I got a new camera.

binderbound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2006, 05:49 PM   #323 (permalink)

Member # 1956
Quote:
More bling.

The steering wheel is your standard 760 Grant, cheapo ~ but nice. The little thingy next to it is a pinless quick release... diggin' it.

Basically its like a cam-lock system, squeeze the ring and the wheel pops off. Squeeze it again and it goes back on and locks down. Obviously not recommended for street applications since you can pull the wheel off without thinking about it.

Its just a touch smaller than the stock wheel
So have you driven it with the big wheel and then the small wheel? I was thinking about going to a smaller wheel, but not that small. I just don't want to get into a constant over correcting situation.
I do drive mine up to 80 MPH on the highway thats why I was asking. At 82 and over I start to get some tire shake for some reason.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:56 AM   #324 (permalink)

Member # 5378
I'd lower the bumpstops and run it. I like to limit the front up travel. Mine are set at 3" and the poli compresses another inch. With the bump stops right under the frame you should get just about full stuff before rubbing anything... Or at least that's what it looks like in the pics.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:21 AM   #325 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 5650
I think I'm going to keep the shock hoops as they are, and just move the shocks in on different mounts. Bump stops for sure ~ But I can't hang with having to run cut-up tube. It won't take long to replace it, so I"m going to cut the outer tubes out and run a hoop like most guys ~ I'll have to make it different some other way.

Shadowman: Running full Hydro, so I don't think 80mph is going to be a good idea. but I'll find out what she'll do sooner than later. The new wheel is 13 3/4" (I think), the old is 17" or so. So the new wheel isn't that small, its the same size as the one I ran on Snoopy ~ it was find on the street, highway, rocks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in