Fall IH Rubicon run??? - Page 5 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > International Harvester
Notices

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2005, 09:25 PM   #101 (permalink)
Registered User
 
JoshC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Member # 5378
Location: Brentwood, CA
Posts: 2,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by ih4ever
i will let you guys know one way or the other
You can't knock a man for makin a living. Good luck either way.
__________________
DangerRangerRacing.com -- Want to help a "Little guy" race at King of the Hammers?
JoshC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2005, 11:53 PM   #102 (permalink)
Registered User
 
BLK Scout 800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member # 29630
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 2,328
Send a message via MSN to BLK Scout 800 Send a message via Yahoo to BLK Scout 800
OUT my tow rig is down
__________________
"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
BLK Scout 800 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2005, 08:54 AM   #103 (permalink)
Banned
 
Snoopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Member # 5650
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 5,282
Rusty's lockers should be here tomorrow. But I'm not sure if I'm going to make it to the run. I need to get RS's old D300 back, rebuild it with a 4:1 kit, and get the thing put together. I know ~ I know ~ just get it done...but the addition of 3 Foster kids has really tore the crap out of my schedule. 2 of them were supposed to be quickies ~ but now that the parents turned out to be a little ~ looks like we're in for a long haul (aka at least a month)
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2005, 10:04 PM   #104 (permalink)
BAMF
 
Munchies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member # 42606
Location: Mountain Bound
Posts: 5,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy
Rusty's lockers should be here tomorrow. But I'm not sure if I'm going to make it to the run. I need to get RS's old D300 back, rebuild it with a 4:1 kit, and get the thing put together. I know ~ I know ~ just get it done...but the addition of 3 Foster kids has really tore the crap out of my schedule. 2 of them were supposed to be quickies ~ but now that the parents turned out to be a little ~ looks like we're in for a long haul (aka at least a month)
Stop being so nice and gitrdone'!
Munchies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2005, 09:23 AM   #105 (permalink)
Banned
 
Snoopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Member # 5650
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 5,282
Dude, I want to run the Rubi more than you know, just not enough time and $$ to get there.
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2005, 12:03 PM   #106 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Mechanos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Member # 6704
Location: Roosterville, Missouri
Posts: 7,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy
Dude, I want to run the Rubi more than you know...
That's why I'm making this trip happen for me... I want to run it while it's still there to run. Who knows what the future holds.....
__________________
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Mechanos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2005, 02:00 PM   #107 (permalink)
Banned
 
Snoopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Member # 5650
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 5,282
I may be able to make it, if you loan me $2K. How 'bout it?

Still need a orbital valve, PS cooler, PS res, DriveShafts, a 42" IROK, rear brakes, wheel bearings, and some small stuff...
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2005, 02:34 PM   #108 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Mechanos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Member # 6704
Location: Roosterville, Missouri
Posts: 7,696
You can just catch the tail end of my wheel-a-thon and run Holy Cross City (tenatively the 26th) of Sept.
__________________
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Mechanos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2005, 03:47 PM   #109 (permalink)
Banned
 
Snoopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Member # 5650
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 5,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanos
You can just catch the tail end of my wheel-a-thon and run Holy Cross City (tenatively the 26th) of Sept.
Is that a 'No'?
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2005, 06:58 PM   #110 (permalink)
BAMF
 
Munchies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member # 42606
Location: Mountain Bound
Posts: 5,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy
Dude, I want to run the Rubi more than you know, just not enough time and $$ to get there.
Your damian. We all know you can find some junkyard scout and turn it into a wheeler in time for the con.

get on gettin on!

Last edited by Munchies; 08-18-2005 at 07:00 PM.
Munchies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2005, 07:38 PM   #111 (permalink)
Banned
 
Snoopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Member # 5650
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 5,282
I appreciate the confidence, The problem isn't *time* its *MONEY*
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2005, 08:32 PM   #112 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Mechanos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Member # 6704
Location: Roosterville, Missouri
Posts: 7,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy
Is that a 'No'?
Not sure what you mean. I meant that if you can't make the 'Con run.... then maybe you can at least make the HCC run a couple weeks later.
__________________
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Mechanos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2005, 09:30 PM   #113 (permalink)
Banned
 
Snoopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Member # 5650
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 5,282
I meant that you're not going to give me the $$ that I need for Rusty.

I should be able to make it to the HCC run. Around here we simply call it Holy Cross. Good trail, you should consider doing Iron Chest while your in that area. If Rusty aint up and running by then, I know I can get Led to run it.
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2005, 10:27 PM   #114 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Mechanos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Member # 6704
Location: Roosterville, Missouri
Posts: 7,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy
I meant that you're not going to give me the $$ that I need for Rusty.

I should be able to make it to the HCC run. Around here we simply call it Holy Cross. Good trail, you should consider doing Iron Chest while your in that area. If Rusty aint up and running by then, I know I can get Led to run it.
I think fuel prices are pretty much gonna kill any "extra" funds I have. 3800 miles at these prices is gonna get spendy.

Iron Chest, huh? Well, that is your neck of the woods. I've got the hook up with other for the 'Con and as of now, I'm just totally winging it in Moab. I don't have any plans to meet up with anyone there and don't even know where I'm going to stay there. I wouldn't mind hooking up with some of you local CO guys to run some trails there. I don't even know what's good and what's not.... I've just always wanted to run Holy Cross.
__________________
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Mechanos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2005, 08:53 AM   #115 (permalink)
Banned
 
Snoopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Member # 5650
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 5,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanos
Iron Chest, huh? Well, that is your neck of the woods. I've got the hook up with other for the 'Con and as of now, I'm just totally winging it in Moab. I don't have any plans to meet up with anyone there and don't even know where I'm going to stay there. I wouldn't mind hooking up with some of you local CO guys to run some trails there. I don't even know what's good and what's not.... I've just always wanted to run Holy Cross.
Yupper, Iron chest is one of those trails I've had on my wish list since I started doing suspension work. Figures I can never get out and go wheeling without some miracle.

Iron Chest is a little harder than Holy Cross, here's a couple pictures from a while ago, still pretty famous in there own right.



A link to a very few pictures on the BB's old photo gallary
http://www.binderbulletin.org/images...ry11/index.htm
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2005, 10:21 AM   #116 (permalink)
Registered User
 
JoshC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Member # 5378
Location: Brentwood, CA
Posts: 2,400
Wow!

DandC Extreme is hooking us up again. This is the 3rd or 4th year now that Snoopy has ponied up to support us on this run. This time though it's a little different.

Rock Tractor and the NorCal Scout guys have always offered up this run as a "now's your chance newbies" type of run. This year it looks like we have more well built, very capable rigs than ever so we are going to have a little fun with it.

Snoopy has offered up a cage kit in the years befor, but I think we are beyond that with this run. This run we will focus on more fun harder core lines rather than just making it through.

Yeah, you will likely break stuff, and we WILL make sure you get a proper trail repair. So here's the deal... We'll select a couple of key obstacles... If you make a go of it, your name goes in the hat. The more obstacles you try the more chances you get... Chances of what you ask?

DandC has offered up a $325 Gift Certificate...
DandC products ONLY (aka no warn, yukon, etc.)
Shipping NOT included.


Thank you DandC Extreme!

To get you motivated...
I can't find any pics from last year but there are a few from the year before in this thread...
Some pics from 03
__________________
DangerRangerRacing.com -- Want to help a "Little guy" race at King of the Hammers?
JoshC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2005, 10:24 AM   #117 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Mechanos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Member # 6704
Location: Roosterville, Missouri
Posts: 7,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy
Yupper, Iron chest is one of those trails I've had on my wish list since I started doing suspension work. Figures I can never get out and go wheeling without some miracle.

Iron Chest is a little harder than Holy Cross, here's a couple pictures from a while ago, still pretty famous in there own right.



A link to a very few pictures on the BB's old photo gallary
http://www.binderbulletin.org/images...ry11/index.htm
For a continuation of this discussion on Holy Cross, Iron Chest etc., I posted in the Holy Cross thread instead of continuing to hijack the 'Con thread. Holy Cross thread
__________________
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Mechanos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2005, 10:35 AM   #118 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Diesel Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Member # 27575
Location: Oregon, Our voters are that Dumb
Posts: 8,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC
Wow!

DandC Extreme is hooking us up again. This is the 3rd or 4th year now that Snoopy has ponied up to support us on this run. This time though it's a little different.

Rock Tractor and the NorCal Scout guys have always offered up this run as a "now's your chance newbies" type of run. This year it looks like we have more well built, very capable rigs than ever so we are going to have a little fun with it.

Snoopy has offered up a cage kit in the years befor, but I think we are beyond that with this run. This run we will focus on more fun harder core lines rather than just making it through.

Yeah, you will likely break stuff, and we WILL make sure you get a proper trail repair. So here's the deal... We'll select a couple of key obstacles... If you make a go of it, your name goes in the hat. The more obstacles you try the more chances you get... Chances of what you ask?

DandC has offered up a $325 Gift Certificate...
DandC products ONLY (aka no warn, yukon, etc.)
Shipping NOT included.


Thank you DandC Extreme!

To get you motivated...
I can't find any pics from last year but there are a few from the year before in this thread...
Some pics from 03

Sweet!!!
__________________
Wheeling?!?!? WTF is that? :confused:
Diesel Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2005, 10:39 AM   #119 (permalink)
Banned
 
Snoopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Member # 5650
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 5,282
That's a cool way of doing it. I told Josh that it was up to him how he gave it out ~ looks like he's found a pretty good way ~ I'll be there in spirit again this year.

Its not easy being cheesy.
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2005, 09:12 PM   #120 (permalink)
Registered User
 
JoshC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Member # 5378
Location: Brentwood, CA
Posts: 2,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Smoke
Sweet!!!
You know you aren't going to win.
__________________
DangerRangerRacing.com -- Want to help a "Little guy" race at King of the Hammers?
JoshC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2005, 06:16 PM   #121 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member # 52520
Posts: 36
Thumbs up Dr. Don is IN!!!!!!!

Hey Josh, Hey guys
I'm IN! I just found the tread, so sorry for the late notice. Have done a ton of mods to the scout since we went two years ago. SOA, Hysteer/crossover steering, ram assist, 3/4 ton cv driveshafts, truck avenger carb (remember my carb problems), onboard welding, ac outlet (bring your grinders, drills, george forman grills, ladies bring your hair dryers..lol, and if I'm gonna run camp, bring me some gas )
Hey Josh, you mentioned this two years ago, but I could use a roll cage party! I didn't win damien's kit remember! I've got a main hoop, need front hoop, back hoop and stuff in between. I have done so many mods, and spent some considerable $$, my wife is complaining , so I'm thinking the materials would be something I could handle...and a bunch of beer .
Damien, man it would be awesome if you could make it! It would be good to meet you in person since we have only met on the phone. Bring those kids, can't think of a better time for a kid than going wheelin with a bunch of "big brothers" to take your mind off of life's stresses. If I had the $$, I'd buy $2000 more in parts from you to help get you there. My rigs getting so pricey, everytime I hit a rock, it sprinkles $100 worth of Scout on the trial.
I may be bringing a camera crew (why the cage would be handy). Met a guy while hiking in the wilderness and he films for a cable channel. He really wants to go on a Rubicon Run and film it for a cable show. I'll call him and see if that weekend will work, if so IH Scouts will be spewn all over the tv kickin the Rubi's butt. Perhaps we can make a positive example to keep the Con open! Shoot, with tv coverage, perhaps we can get some more sponsers to donate. BTW...Damien, you rock! Thanks for your gift certificate. Man, I wanted to win that cage kit last run! We could all run with sponsor decals on our fenders in exchange for some cool parts and mods. I'll let you know if the crew will be able to come with us.
Dr. Don Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2005, 06:22 PM   #122 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member # 52520
Posts: 36
One more thing Josh!

You were running a light kit under your Scout. Someone? who ran the Con with us made them. I want to budget that kit. Could you get me in contact with him. Or if anyone knows a good source for cheap but good lights to run on the undercarriage, I could do the rest...have two degrees in electronics as well. Thanks,
Dr. Don
Dr. Don Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2005, 10:02 PM   #123 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Mechanos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Member # 6704
Location: Roosterville, Missouri
Posts: 7,696
Hey Josh... or anyone else for that matter,
How about some tips on things one should pack on this run. There might be some things that some of us who have never run the 'con might not think of bringing.

One question in paticular that I do have is about tents. If the terrain is mostly rock as many have said, then I'm sure tent stakes are pretty useless. What do you guys do to secure your tent? tie rocks to the corners instead of stakes or just plop your ass down in it to keep it from blowing away?
__________________
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Mechanos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2005, 02:12 PM   #124 (permalink)
Registered User
 
JoshC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Member # 5378
Location: Brentwood, CA
Posts: 2,400
Don, I'll pretty much be on vacation. There's no way I want to deal with a camera crew and shit. IMO anyway.

It'll be good to wheel with you again. I do want you to be sure you know what you are getting into though this year. We have pretty much established that this will be a more hard core run vs. a newbie run. Sounds like your rig has come a long way so that shouldn't be a problem... IF you are willing to drive it a little more like a 4x4 and less like a show queen hot rod.

Did you read the rules for the DandC Extreme Gift Cert BTW? That will get you your cage if you win.
__________________
DangerRangerRacing.com -- Want to help a "Little guy" race at King of the Hammers?

Last edited by JoshC; 08-28-2005 at 02:37 PM.
JoshC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2005, 02:21 PM   #125 (permalink)
Registered User
 
JoshC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Member # 5378
Location: Brentwood, CA
Posts: 2,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanos
Hey Josh... or anyone else for that matter,
How about some tips on things one should pack on this run. There might be some things that some of us who have never run the 'con might not think of bringing.

One question in paticular that I do have is about tents. If the terrain is mostly rock as many have said, then I'm sure tent stakes are pretty useless. What do you guys do to secure your tent? tie rocks to the corners instead of stakes or just plop your ass down in it to keep it from blowing away?
Bring stakes and use them if you can. If not just make sure all your crap is in the tent.

We Run the con setting up camp at various spots along the way. It's not like the usual setup base camp and go play around some obstacle, then head back to camp for dinner. When wheelin you have 9 million lbs of camping gear strapped to your rig AND you are unpacking each evening and packing each morning.

If you aren't used to this kind of wheelin... even if you are it still helps.... You should pack your rig for a test fit with exactly what you plan on bringing.

No open fires right now so no camp fire. Bring warm booze if you drink Day's are hot and dusty, nights are cold. I don't know if the mosquitos will be bad then but bring deet anyhow.

Spares? Bring your usual. Whatever your rig normally consumes, bring it. And if you think you don't need it you just jinxed yourself so bring it.
__________________
DangerRangerRacing.com -- Want to help a "Little guy" race at King of the Hammers?
JoshC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.