Getting the shaft - Advise me on how to deal with a vendor - Page 11 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > International Harvester
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2006, 09:16 PM   #251 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 9835
"If youíre so pissed off, come to Colorado and find Comer yourself. You are just as capable of finding him as I am and you *may* just be as capable of finding him as many of the RMIHR committee members. "

This is why many are pissed at the RMIHR committee, if any of them have info on how to out him and haven't then they are hurting the community they are claiming to try to support. Having his name affiliated with the event gives it a black mark in the eyes of many. If the other committee members don't know how to locate Comer, then why is he still on the committee? If they can locate him, and they care about the "community" of all IH owners then they should out him to face justice and let the chips fall where they may. If they want to be neutral on the matter of Sully, and the others who have accused him of shoddy treatment they should boot him off of their committee until the matter is resolved. If he comes out of his problems vindicated then they can welcome him back on their committee.

No matter what Comer is a coward and I hope anyone who comes face to face with him reminds him of that.

Now what I am not really understanding is just what the fuck you are doing getting into the middle of this now. You have been a member her for 4 years, have posted 6 times as of this post, you are coming here to attack DJ and start up shit for what looks like no good reason other than to make people think you are a troublemaking asshole with too much idle time on your hands. The one good thing to come of your bullshit is to bring this thread back to the top and to the attention of anyone in the IH world who hasn't seen it. If you represent yourself as a member of the IH community and pass on the oppertunity to remind comer of the accusations and his lack of character than you don't stand for much either
ChiScouter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2006, 10:40 PM   #252 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 5650
Hey, lets argue amunst ourselves!

Brilliant!
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2006, 11:28 PM   #253 (permalink)

Member # 11635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy

Brilliant!
Actually, It's SupremeStupidFuck not doing anything to help the situation.

Old 06-01-2006, 11:34 PM   #254 (permalink)

Member # 40702
Don't waste your gas. He pulled up the stakes around March. Address unknown.

Last edited by TheCopperCowboy; 06-01-2006 at 11:35 PM.
TheCopperCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2006, 01:53 PM   #255 (permalink)

Member # 21733
Quote:

Brilliant!
My point exactly. This was a dead issue until Jackass brought it up. Saying I don't know Sully so its none of my business is like saying the kid next door is being abused but its not my business because I don't know them. RMIHR committee members are the only ones that have association with Comer that we know of. I'm sure they are good people but the event is more important than the well being of a member of the community. Someone with spine could handle this. They could make RMIHR come off as true IH community minded hero's or play dumb and come off as something else. All the wounds to RMIHR are self inflicted. If you sleep in the cow barn you smell like cow shit its really that simple. By associating with Comer, having meetings with him and ignoring this issue they are made to look bad by their association. If they are putting pressure behind the scenes I commend them but a simple address would allow Sully to serve papers and take it from there. I'm sure anyone that reads this will come down on Sullys side and will see my point that while it doesn't directly effect me it is wrong and if we continue to sit and watch others be mistreated who will be there for us when we are up against it. So don't act like you care and then say its not my business. If you care do something if you don't shut up and get out of the way. If RMIHR suffers it is a direct result of decisions THE COMMITTEE has made not anything anyone here has said. I just tried to bring some light to the situation.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:27 PM   #256 (permalink)

Member # 1956
Quote:
Hey, lets argue amongst ourselves!

Brilliant!
Actually I would prefer the arguing to a fistfight like what happens every time my brothers and I get together.
Arguing for the most part doesnt hurt my feelings at all and develops the love between all of us..
Damian, you must have come from a small, polite family.
Now don't take that wrong; But on the other hand if I am to be hated for standing up for a VICTIM, so be it.

My family was mean and violent. So I used to think that nice and polite was abnormal.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:14 PM   #257 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 5650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow man
Damian, you must have come from a small, polite family.
My family was mean and violent. So I used to think that nice and polite was abnormal.
No not really. I got in pretty good fights with my sister and her 'friends' ~ cops called and that sort of thing. Fights with mom and dad, dad and daughter, stepdad and brother, and we're not talking about a war of words here. The best fights I remember were with my first girlfriend, I was a freshman, she was a junior ~ we were hormone driven and the fights were spectacular! She tried to run me down (yes, literally hit me with a car) twice, slapped me so hard my glasses flew across a yard...and almost knocked me out with my bottle of Port. Luckily it didn't break. It was a good time and I often look back and laugh at the memories.

Since then, I've learned to tame that side of me ~ but learned rather young that getting violent didn't solve much. I'm pretty tame now ~ polite is a good word for it. Most people don't have a clue of who I was and what I've done. Not that I was some grim reaper, or super-bad guy, but I was no angle either.

Quote:
Now don't take that wrong; But on the other hand if I am to be hated for standing up for a VICTIM, so be it.
First and formost, I don't hate anybody for anything in this thread. I don't fault anyone, you particularly, for standing up in this thread on what's right and true. I'm just as discussed about what's gone down as anyone else ~ as I'm sure Supreme is. But we all show it differently. I, for one, like Supreme's suggestion ~ I may have worded it differently or even may not agree with everything being argued here, but nothing else has worked so why not give it a try!?! Everyone else seems to think its a terrible idea. Okay, thats cool too.

On another subject, I believe that the RMIHR committee shouldn't be held responsible for Comer's actions in his personal/professional life even though he's a prominent member in the committee. But, at the same time, I think its a shame that they haven't done something. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if they had ~ behind the scenes and off-the-record.

One thing for sure is that I believe Comer will have a hard time keeping his head up at RMIHR now that this has surfaced and has been reiterated by several different people. This is a stain on the community, and its truly sad. Its ripple-effect has put a definate stress on our venders and I personally know of one would-be engine shop that didn't get off the ground due to the distrust that Comers actions have instilled in would-be clients. I think Comer realizes what he's done and it wouldnt surprise me if he silently fades away into the background until he completely disapears.

I'll stop there and finish with that I'm on Sully's side. If there was something I could do, I'd do it. I may not be as outspoken as some of you, but I'm standing right beside you when it comes to this matter.
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2006, 03:32 PM   #258 (permalink)

Member # 2071
Send a message via AIM to tsm1mt
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJForrestA
If they are putting pressure behind the scenes I commend them but a simple address would allow Sully to serve papers and take it from there.
Maybe you haven't been paying attention, but Sully has had the "simple address" (home address) for half a year or more.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:51 PM   #259 (permalink)

Member # 21733
I may have missed that. I apoligize for my name calling. That wasn't cool but I don't apoligize for trying to bring this peoples attention. Supreme I know your not a jackass so I apologize for being one myself and saying that. I'm not about a lynching as no amount of money is worth that but justice would be great.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:27 PM   #260 (permalink)

Member # 10954
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJForrestA
I may have missed that. I apoligize for my name calling. That wasn't cool but I don't apoligize for trying to bring this peoples attention. Supreme I know your not a jackass so I apologize for being one myself and saying that. I'm not about a lynching as no amount of money is worth that but justice would be great.
I want to see justice served, whatever it may be.

Iím with Damian though, the whole situation is a blemish on the face of this community.

Quote:
I donít know what will happen if Comer turns up there but I have no plans to speak with him if he does
To clear something up that I said earlier: when I said this, I meant that I had no desire to speak with him, periodÖ. not that Iíll go have a friendly conversation with him and avoid this issue. I have no desire to associate with him, or to start a fight with him over this matter.
Supremebeholder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2006, 03:19 PM   #261 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 14059
I check in on this from time to time, hoping for Sully that maybe he got some sort of restitution from this dipshit.

Brighten my day sully and tell me this dip shit is in prison, or had paid for your troubles
Old 09-19-2006, 09:00 AM   #262 (permalink)

Member # 22565
has anything panned out on this issue, i remember reading about this along time ago, whats going on, i just picked up a 75 scout and iam thinking of selling my yoda stuff 4 a new project, thats right another one moving to the dark side
NCtoy76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2006, 10:29 AM   #263 (permalink)

Member # 12121
Send a message via MSN to Sully Send a message via Yahoo to Sully
Nothing recently.

I had the venue changed, because Comer moved addresses across town, but I started a new job and have been unable to find the time to follow up on an out-of-state lawsuit.

I've got paperwork that I need to get back to the court, I've found a process server who has located him, and I just need to get that paperwork handled in order to get comer served.

Then I'll need to fly to denver for court.

In the meantime, I've spent the last couple of months without a running Scout, but just picked up a '79 SII in really great shape last weekend.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:52 AM   #264 (permalink)

Member # 72208
Hey Sully,

Any update?
ClemsonScout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2008, 10:10 PM   #265 (permalink)
Web Wheeler For Hire

Member # 26999
There was some information on BB but the thread was closed. I guess to protect RMIHR from being further trashed by listing John Comer and Gryphin Automotive as a sponsor last year. That was dumb.

Gryphin website still up and running. Gryphin phone number still up and running, answering machine indicates business is open.
http://www.gryphinracing.com/gaspage.htm

http://www.binderbulletin.org/forums...t=41389&page=2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Eagle-Mark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2008, 11:25 PM   #266 (permalink)
Addicted to Gear Oil

Member # 56050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle-Mark View Post
There was some information on BB but the thread was closed. I guess to protect RMIHR from being further trashed by listing John Comer and Gryphin Automotive as a sponsor last year. That was dumb.

Gryphin website still up and running. Gryphin phone number still up and running, answering machine indicates business is open.
http://www.gryphinracing.com/gaspage.htm

http://www.binderbulletin.org/forums...t=41389&page=2

Yup, that is some shady shit. I wonder if the guy that closed the thread is one of his buddies?

A shiester like that needs to continue to be exposed for the crook that he is.
Originally Posted by General Dwight D. Eisenhower
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->
guidolyons is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2008, 01:13 AM   #267 (permalink)

Member # 51600
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidolyons View Post
Yup, that is some shady shit. I wonder if the guy that closed the thread is one of his buddies?

A shiester like that needs to continue to be exposed for the crook that he is.
I check out the BB often, and my story of dealing with Comer is listed in Sully's thread, but I think it is pretty weak how they lock up a thread the minute more than one or two people mentions how a vendor is screwing over the IH community. Apparently if more than one guy says he's been ripped off by a vendor he's guilty of "bandwagoning". Go figure.

I'll bet good ol' Charlie Wenzel is wishing he would have pulled his stunt on the BB. He'd have gotten away with it and not be nearly as famous.

Last edited by Paul 3; 01-22-2008 at 01:17 AM.
Paul 3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2008, 06:56 AM   #268 (permalink)

Member # 18152
I love seeing this come back to the top.

Why so shocked the BB locks threads? Bill T. used to just delete them and pretend they didnt exist and post a "Its my webiste" thread or ban you. Many specialty vendors are shady SOBs, those that arent are on my "Will do business with again" list. So far that is a giant list of 2. D&C and Anythingscout.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:00 AM   #269 (permalink)

Member # 20423
Speculation is great but facts are better.
If additional info was given by the parties involved then it would be great.
But it appears to me that Sully last talked of a scout over a year ago.

KC posted that it appears he(Comer) is still up to his old ways but didn't post specifics.

And Bill did not lock it. There is a moderator team in place that makes decisions.
Several are regulars here also.

It's sounding more like a lynch mob/bandwagon then facts to me.

I won't dispute that it appears Comers site is still up and he may still be doing some business.
But no one has talked to anyone on the other end...yet
Old 01-22-2008, 09:30 AM   #270 (permalink)

Member # 1956
The FACTS have already been posted 100 times over the 10th power.

The accused won't even attempt to defend himself as he is guilty way beyond a reasonable doubt.

If it takes a lynch mob to get justice, so be it. I'm here in Denver now. I'll be happy to supply the rope and pull.

As far as implying something about KC, DON"T go there. Don't even try.

As far as Bill T. Yes, he has a reputation too. Not a good one IMO.

RMIHR. Since Comer is gone from it, supposedly, I honestly wish them a very successful upcoming event and many more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill usn-1 View Post

KC posted that it appears he(Comer) is still up to his old ways but didn't post specifics.

And Bill did not lock it. There is a moderator team in place that makes decisions.

I won't dispute that it appears Comers site is still up and he may still be doing some business.

Last edited by Shadow man; 01-22-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Shadow man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2008, 09:32 AM   #271 (permalink)

Member # 18152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill usn-1 View Post

I havent been to the BB for years because of the Mods and a lot of the users/low tech. So I have no idea about this current thread or Mod stuff.

I do know that Comer did talk about this a bit at first then chose to bail/not defend his actions. His reasons are his own but why would I do business with him? I also liked the stuff Sully put out in this thread when many others just put up garbage/smack talk and speculation.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:59 AM   #272 (permalink)
IH Parts America Inc

Member # 21419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul 3 View Post
I check out the BB often, and my story of dealing with Comer is listed in Sully's thread, but I think it is pretty weak how they lock up a thread the minute more than one or two people mentions how a vendor is screwing over the IH community. Apparently if more than one guy says he's been ripped off by a vendor he's guilty of "bandwagoning". Go figure.

I'll bet good ol' Charlie Wenzel is wishing he would have pulled his stunt on the BB. He'd have gotten away with it and not be nearly as famous.
I didn't realize you were that infamous person whose engine fell into a lake. That has got to be one of wildest excuses I have ever heard - and I've heard plenty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVScouter View Post
Many specialty vendors are shady SOBs.
It such a shame that so many of those shady vendors are part of our small IH industry. Its real simple - advertise a product or service, sell it, and ship / deliver it in a timely manner. I don't know why certain vendors find these simple business practices so difficult. It makes my job both easier and harder at the same time.
________
MARIJUANA CARD
ihojeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2008, 01:54 PM   #273 (permalink)
Web Wheeler For Hire

Member # 26999
Closing a thread so it will go away is just censorship. Not allowing the people who use the site and are the community is well why people go elsewhere. This guy needs a lynch mob bandwagon mentality and maybe some people could get their money or product back. Cutting off communication just pisses people off and never makes anything better. Closing the thread and not letting people talk about it cuts off all new ideas on how to deal with this or volunteers in the area that could help.

Eagle-Mark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2008, 02:35 PM   #274 (permalink)

Member # 18152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle-Mark View Post
Closing a thread so it will go away is just censorship. Not allowing the people who use the site and are the community is well why people go elsewhere. This guy needs a lynch mob bandwagon mentality and maybe some people could get their money or product back. Cutting off communication just pisses people off and never makes anything better. Closing the thread and not letting people talk about it cuts off all new ideas on how to deal with this or volunteers in the area that could help.
It also keeps the memory alive of this activity so hopefuly he wont bone the next guy. It is amazing in a thread like this what pops up. I would have saved myself some trouble and $$ on a deal or two if I'd seen some of that beforehand.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:17 PM   #275 (permalink)
Addicted to Gear Oil

Member # 56050
I bet if it was HIS engine and HIS $2,000 that he (the mod who locked the thread) was CHEATED out of, he'd be singing a different tune.

If bumping the thread to the top every so often keeps another person from getting screwed, all the better.

So Sully, did you ever get any resolution?
Originally Posted by General Dwight D. Eisenhower
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.

For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->

Last edited by guidolyons; 01-22-2008 at 04:18 PM.
guidolyons is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in