Getting the shaft - Advise me on how to deal with a vendor - Page 6 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > International Harvester
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2005, 10:17 AM   #126 (permalink)

Member # 2071
Send a message via AIM to tsm1mt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
Tom, I wondered when you were going to pop into this thread.
Didn't feel I had much to contribute, until DJ's comment.

Quote:
Believe it or not, your reccomendations about Comer and the quality of his work and his character were a big part of my decision to go with him.

As I'm sure they have been for many others.

Unfortunately, my experience could not have been more of a polar opposite from what you describe.
My apologies for the troubles I've caused you, Sully. I've been happy, though obviously not everyone has.

Quote:
John may be your friend, and I'm sorry for having called out your friend. But I think John probably owes some people apologies as well.
He may be my friend, but he's not my employer, parent, or child - you're not hurting my feelings, though I am disappointed in the whole situation.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:39 AM   #127 (permalink)

Member # 2071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow man
I for one also was waiting for Mr.Tom. I was also holding myself in check until I seen your response as it is your issue. The problem I have with Tom or anyone else that comes out in the public and defend a POS like that is; it is just WRONG. You were robbed. It is like Tom is just flaunting his great personal dealings with that POS and rubbing your nose in it.
If you read my post...

Quote:
...but I have nothing substantial to contribute to this discussion about SULLY'S ENGINE, so I've kept my mouth shut.
You'd see I kept my mouth shut because I had nothing to contribute about SULLY'S ENGINE. DJ made the statement:
Quote:
Especially since I don't see anyone coming to defend his character. He must be as lame as everyone is saying.
So I thought I could chime in on MY personal dealings with John.

I have no need to defend how this is being handled, resolved, or not resolved. I have no stake in it, beyond the extent that my endorsement influenced Sully's decision.

I don't want to FLAUNT anything, just wanted to note that there's at least one satisfied customer around here.

Quote:
IMO when someone defends someone like that, I classify him a roach like the other.
Great, I'm a roach now. I thought I'd left those behind when I moved to the frozen north.

Tell you what. Show me a vendor that doesn't have at least one customer that thinks he/she got SCREWED, and I'll show you a vendor that hasn't been in business very long.

I've had good dealings with a multitude of vendors.. many that frequent here, even. I also know of several people that have had poor experiences with those same vendors.

I've had bad experiences with a few vendors.. some experiences so bad I've never bought anything from the vendor.

..but I've never thought to call supportors of those vendors roaches before.. thanks for the tip. At least I'm in good company.. there's a whole colony of roaches around here..
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2005, 11:37 AM   #128 (permalink)

Member # 1956
TOM, The trouble is NOT with other vendors, so quit trying to cover Comer's ass with someone elseís. That is not justification for what Mr. Comer has done. Other vendors are not the issue here. I have recently spent $1,000s with IH vendors and others in the past 2 months with no issues. I just spent almost $300.00 with Scout FX right now.
Mr. Comer is the one that STOLE Sully's money. So paint it like I know you will, but Sully was ripped off. That is a fact. Get it strait. All you are showing me and others is your lack of integrity and sense of right. Like I said once and I say it again, IMO a person who will support a person who STEALS from others is a Roach. Period! If my opinion upsets you, thatís tough shit. You opinion means nothing to me.
As far as other roaches on this IH board, Iím not aware of them. Just the one Iím speaking to.

Old 09-30-2005, 12:01 PM   #129 (permalink)

Member # 12121
Send a message via MSN to Sully Send a message via Yahoo to Sully
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm1mt
Didn't feel I had much to contribute, until DJ's comment.
My apologies for the troubles I've caused you, Sully. I've been happy, though obviously not everyone has.
You've caused me no trouble Tom. Didn't mean to come across as if I were blaming you for the situation, that certainly wsn't my intent.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:21 PM   #130 (permalink)

Member # 2071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow man
TOM, The trouble is NOT with other vendors, so quit trying to cover Comer's ass with someone elseís. That is not justification for what Mr. Comer has done. Other vendors are not the issue here.
Mr. Comer is the one that STOLE Sully's money. So paint it like I know you will, but Sully was ripped off. That is a fact. Get it strait. All you are showing me and others is your lack of integrity and sense of right.
Show me where I've made any attempt to defend Mr. Comer's business practices. I HAVEN'T. Nor have I justified anything he's done.

I don't need to. I've expressed regret that Sully's experience has been the opposite of mine, and that he based his decision on feedback from my own experience. I don't own, run, or have a financial interest in Gryphin Racing. I'm a satisfied customer, just like you're satisfied with ScoutFx.

I don't see how that makes me a roach. And I don't see how being HONEST about my personal experiences should call my integrity into question?

How many people have been screwed by 4WPW? The PBB is littered with horror stories of people dealing with 4WPW. Just because I tell someone *I* bought my tires from 4WPW and everything was fine doesn't make me a "roach" because someone else got screwed by 4WP, right?

Or does it? In which case, my opinion DOES mean something and I'll start keeping it to myself, lest I find myself in court because "Tom said it worked for him and it didn't for me"

Quote:
Like I said once and I say it again, IMO a person who will support a person who STEALS from others is a Roach. Period! If my opinion upsets you, thatís tough shit. You opinion means nothing to me.
As far as other roaches on this IH board, Iím not aware of them. Just the one Iím speaking to.

So, if I find a post where you've spoken favorably (or even just not-negatively, right?) about a vendor that has a person that believes that vendor STOLE SOMEONE'S MONEY, you'll happilly join me in ROACHDOM?

THAT was my point about other vendors. Everyone has screwed someone at least once... and someone spoke favorably about the person doing the screwing at least once.

Hell, I just saw an endorsement of ScoutFx from you.. I'm sure I could turn up at least one person that feels ScoutFX ripped 'em off if I try hard enough.

In my world, that doesn't make you a bad person, a roach, or a thief. Just someone that honestly spoke about a good transaction with ScoutFx.. just because someone else got screwed doesn't make you a thief, does it?

This bickering still has nothing to do with Sully's situation, does nothing to further his plight - and you wonder why I didn't bother to speak up sooner.. I still have nothing to contribute to SULLY'S ENGINE situation beyond my regret that it hasn't gone as smoothly as my transactions have. What more would you like from me?
Old 09-30-2005, 12:32 PM   #131 (permalink)

Member # 2071
Quote:
You've caused me no trouble Tom. Didn't mean to come across as if I were blaming you for the situation, that certainly wsn't my intent.
You didn't come across as blaming, Sully - but that doesn't change how *I* choose to feel about it.

I made a recommendation/endorsement/whatever and the item has failed to live up to expectations, and I feel badly for it, and partially responsible. I feel it reflects poorly on me, and that bothers me.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:29 PM   #132 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 5650
Tom: GET BACK TO RACING
Shadowman: GO FINISH YOUR STROKER

Boys there aint no reason for this bickering. So take a prozac and get to whatever you guys do for a living.
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2005, 05:01 PM   #133 (permalink)

Member # 21733
I don't mean any abuse to anyone here either. Everyone has been great Even grumpy old OS. I hate to see anyone get robbed especially in such a small community. That is what it is robbery. John needs to step up pay the man or complete his work and be done. Not later but now. Just pisses me off that there are people who think that its okay to take hard working peoples money or possessions and walk away. Its not right and something needs to be done. There has got to be a way to make a fraud case or something stick.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:34 PM   #134 (permalink)

Member # 38264
Send a message via AIM to budget76
comon guys, quit yelling at each other over this. Tom made no defense for Comer, and this bickering is not needed at all. theres few of us that are regulars on here, and we dont need to start aruging with each other about every thread on here.

lets get back to SULLY"S SITUATION, NOT YOURS! if SULLY was calling Comer names, that would be fine because it is his personal problem, but comon, we're all IH guys on here, why call each other out over this get your asses back in the garage and then there's no time to argue

good luck with this bad situation Sully, and lets see what happens after my post now
Old 10-01-2005, 12:06 AM   #135 (permalink)

Member # 1956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy
So take a prozac and get to whatever you guys do for a living.
Prozac? I knew I forgot something today. I promise not to Bitch about this again, I hope.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:42 AM   #136 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 5650
Hehehe...ya'll a good chump-suckas.....I know that this situation hits a nerve with everyone, and things heat up. Personally I'd like to know what Sully's doing in the mean time. Is he building another engine? Putting together what he's got?

I know a $2K hit is hard to swallow, but I amagine some realization has set in that he may not get his money back. OH! I just thought, he paid with a check, and therefore sent it USPS (most likely, he did mention that his check wasn't non-deliverable) ~ so why not open a mail-fraud case against the guy?

Either way, its been a year, has all progress stopped?
Old 10-13-2005, 10:08 AM   #137 (permalink)

Member # 12121
Quote:
Hehehe...ya'll a good chump-suckas.....I know that this situation hits a nerve with everyone, and things heat up. Personally I'd like to know what Sully's doing in the mean time. Is he building another engine? Putting together what he's got?
In the meantime I'm running what I've got, and hoping it doesn't shit out on me in some old mining camp 30 miles up the trail. My project funds were pretty well tied up into this.

In the meantime, I've also elected to refinance my house and purchase a daily driver, since my rig no longer makes a reliable daily driver.

Quote:
I know a $2K hit is hard to swallow, but I amagine some realization has set in that he may not get his money back. OH! I just thought, he paid with a check, and therefore sent it USPS (most likely, he did mention that his check wasn't non-deliverable) ~ so why not open a mail-fraud case against the guy?

Either way, its been a year, has all progress stopped?
I looked into the fraud claims. They won't do me much good, other than being vindictive. All I want is my cash returned.

That being said., I just got off the phone with a nice young lady at the Adams County Court, and they've got a date for me.

December 16th @ 4:30 PM.

Merry Christmas to me.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:11 PM   #138 (permalink)

Member # 12121
Well, the December 16th court date is off.

It seems that the Adams County Sheriff was unable to serve Comer with his papers, because he was either never at his place of business during the day, or because he didn't answer the door when he was.

I'm glad I waited to buy plane tickets.

So now, according to the nice young lady at the Adams County Court, I need to cancel the court date, and file again from scratch, because continuances can only be done in person, and I'm not about to drive 12 hours to Denver to get a continuance.

They sure make it difficult for a person who is trying to do things the right way.

So now I need to wait for the paperwork to show up from the court, fill it out, send it back, wait for it to be processed, then returned to me, then I need to find a private process server, who will make a greater effort to serve the papers than the Adams County Sheriff did.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:15 PM   #139 (permalink)

Member # 27575
How irritating!! Thanks for keeping us updated, good luck to ya!
Old 12-07-2005, 04:18 PM   #140 (permalink)

Member # 10775
Send a message via Yahoo to SSGTWC
Quote:

It seems that the Adams County Sheriff was unable to serve Comer with his papers, because he was either never at his place of business during the day, or because he didn't answer the door when he was.

So now, according to the nice young lady at the Adams County Court, I need to cancel the court date, and file again from scratch, because continuances can only be done in person, and I'm not about to drive 12 hours to Denver to get a continuance.

They sure make it difficult for a person who is trying to do things the right way.

So now I need to wait for the paperwork to show up from the court, fill it out, send it back, wait for it to be processed, then returned to me, then I need to find a private process server, who will make a greater effort to serve the papers than the Adams County Sheriff did.
GAWD Damnit!!!

If I wasn't 5 hours away, I'd serve them fuckin papers down his throat! This crap really fuckin gets me!

:takes a deep breath:

ok..... I'm ok now

Sorry Sully!
[/B][/QUOTE]

Never, underestimate the amount of stupidity in people!
SSGTWC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2005, 04:57 PM   #141 (permalink)

Member # 18942
Quote:
What's the time frame for filing the continuance? Could it be done on a weekend or only during a weekday? If only weekday, can you take time off to fly up there and do it?

R
Ronnie Scout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2005, 05:15 PM   #142 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 5650
This is no good. I don't mean to be a pot calling the kettle black, but I have to say that this really REALLY makes all us vendors look bad. Causes distrust, and hurts this community.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:16 PM   #143 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 5650
Can one of us Coloradians help by going to the court do file for continuance? I imagine a power-of-attorney will need to be used to act on your behalf
Old 12-07-2005, 05:42 PM   #144 (permalink)

Member # 1684
Can you just serve him by registered mail? I know you can here in Washington.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:08 PM   #145 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 26369
Send a message via Yahoo to Urban Wheeler
Quote:

Sounds like he knew it was coming, perhaps he's been through this before?

Good luck with it Sully.
Urban Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2005, 06:13 PM   #146 (permalink)

Member # 12121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binder
Can you just serve him by registered mail? I know you can here in Washington.
I believe you can, but he has to answer registered mail first.

When I sent him a certified letter requesting he halt all work on the engine (as if I even believe work was ever started at this point) and refund my money, it was returned to me because either no one was there, or no one would sign for it.

I'm inclined to believe that court papers delivered the same way would wind up being returned as well.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:18 PM   #147 (permalink)

Member # 12121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Scout
What's the time frame for filing the continuance? Could it be done on a weekend or only during a weekday? If only weekday, can you take time off to fly up there and do it?

R
I'm pretty sure she said it was two weeks or so. Yeah, I could fly up there to do it, but I'd rather spend another 35 bucks to file again, than whatever it would cost to fly there.

Besides, the time it will take me to fill out the paperwork is less than what a trip back and forth would cost. Sure, it will take a few days on either end for the paperwork to gte back and forth, but at this point, it's been two years since he accepted my money. Another two weeks doesn't make a lot of difference in anything except my level of frustration.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:21 PM   #148 (permalink)

Member # 12121
Quote:
Can one of us Coloradians help by going to the court do file for continuance? I imagine a power-of-attorney will need to be used to act on your behalf
I appreciate the offer Damian, but in all honesty, it's probably easier just to re-file. The girl at the court was actually very polite and about as helpful as she could be, in a system that isn't designed to be helpful.

Anyway, enough posting out of me... I'll add more when there is more to speak about.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:32 PM   #149 (permalink)

Member # 1956
If you re-file and need papers served, I may be able to help there. If that would be legal. May not be in Co.
Why don't you work on getting that free engine that is posted on here? My Son and myself can help you get that in and running in one day no problem.
If you can't tell I am out of work by choise again. It is hard to work longer than 3 months strait. The weather is too damn nice.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:47 PM   #150 (permalink)
BAMF

Member # 42606

This is the kind of crap thatgets people ancy and afraid to do out of satte buisness, even with reputable vendors. Lik me, I asked damian to sign a contract and schtuff, and he didn't have any problems, although he sounded kind of sad THIS SHIT SUCKS. I don't want to feel this way when delaing with people we should trust damnit!. Comer needs to MAN THE FAWK UP AND HANDLE HIS BUISNESS!
Munchies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in