Getting the shaft - Advise me on how to deal with a vendor - Page 7 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > International Harvester
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2005, 08:43 PM   #151 (permalink)

Member # 16465
Send a message via Yahoo to Lazarus401
Bet ya didnt know that the guy who serves papers for the Adams County Sheriffs Department (not actually a Sheriff himself), drives a Scout II, and happens to be one of Comers Regular customers. I know he considers himself a friend to Comer. Cant remember his name right now.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:56 PM   #152 (permalink)

Member # 18671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus401
Bet ya didnt know that the guy who serves papers for the Adams County Sheriffs Department (not actually a Sheriff himself), drives a Scout II, and happens to be one of Comers Regular customers. I know he considers himself a friend to Comer. Cant remember his name right now.
One guy serves papers for all of Adams County...try again.
About 70% of servered papers are delivered by Adams County deputies. (Childhood friends dad worked for A.C. Sheriff, and his job was serving evictions and court papers) The rest are contracted by the court(s) and private parties.

Best Regards,
Former Resident of Adams County, CO.

Sucks about the news Sean...At least Southwest Airlines is gonna start offering service to Denver in January starting at $59.00
Old 12-07-2005, 09:48 PM   #153 (permalink)

Member # 28991
Sully, if you are in colorado in december I'm pretty sure i have a 345 that is yours free located in Durango colorado. it definately doesn't have metal shavings coming out of it. I just need to see what condidtion it is in as it has been under a tarp while I have been at school in OR. maybe it can tide you over until you can get something worked out. let me know
toocoolforschoolTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2005, 09:49 PM   #154 (permalink)

Member # 28991
Sully, if you are in colorado in december I'm pretty sure i have a 345 that is yours free located in Durango colorado. it definately doesn't have metal shavings coming out of it. I just need to see what condidtion it is in as it has been under a tarp while I have been at school in OR. maybe it can tide you over until you can get something worked out. let me know
toocoolforschoolTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2005, 10:25 PM   #155 (permalink)

Member # 40702
I know where J.C. works during the day, it's in Denver County. Any of you guys need a tour guide or a place to crash, look me up. Self employed and on a mission.
TheCopperCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2005, 11:18 PM   #156 (permalink)

Member # 21733
Hell I'll spring for the airfare. How much. Seriously. Get a ticket price and I'll paypal you the cash and lets get this thing handled. Also how about you make his workplace public knowledge for us all. Let me know bro.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:41 PM   #157 (permalink)

Member # 21733
O BTW Comer almost 6000 views you should be real popular with alot of people now.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:41 AM   #158 (permalink)

Member # 18942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
Yeah, I could fly up there to do it...

Another two weeks doesn't make a lot of difference in anything except my level of frustration.
Ok, can you be at the PHX airport to catch a 7pm flt Monday the 12th, take care of business Tues, return Tues evening? Ticket & rental car are on me. Can you do it?

R

Edit: Talked with Sully, he's got a plan, paperwork in process.

Last edited by Ronnie Scout; 12-08-2005 at 01:27 PM. Reason: talked with Sully
Ronnie Scout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2005, 11:23 AM   #159 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 5650
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCopperCowboy
I know where J.C. works during the day, it's in Denver County. Any of you guys need a tour guide or a place to crash, look me up. Self employed and on a mission.
JC doesn't do Scout's full time? What does he do?
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2005, 12:05 PM   #160 (permalink)

Member # 21733
Maybye he works at the IRS so he can takes peoples money and give nothing in return there as well. LOL
Old 12-08-2005, 12:06 PM   #161 (permalink)

Member # 5378
Terrible. I really just poked into this thread today. Sorry you have to go through this crap Sully.

I'm pissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC
Because the "How long to build an IH engine" title probably doesn't effectively educate enough people who may be unknowingly planning on getting raped by this guy... I though I do the responsible thing here and make it more visible.

I'm glad I had an opportunity to learn about this. Form your own oppinion here and here...

Let him know (email) what your opinion is here.

Or you can call Gryphin Automotive Services here.

I am more a do something about this kinda guy myself though. Sully, I'll Pay Pal you a hundred bucks to go towards banner advertising on the Binder Bulletin if you want to start a collection? I'll even design the banner for you? Let me know.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:16 PM   #162 (permalink)
IH/Rover Moderator

Member # 17
Send a message via ICQ to Old Scout
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJForrestA
O BTW Comer almost 6000 views you should be real popular with alot of people now.
The sad part is that the BB still has people believing that he is a stand up guy!:
http://www.binderbulletin.org/forums...ad.php?t=45825

BUY MY BOAT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2005, 12:56 PM   #163 (permalink)

Member # 5378
Who is Jeff Campbell? Is he a prick?

EDIT... I guess not. He popped right out of the thread over there. Sorry Jeff and thanks.

Last edited by JoshC; 12-08-2005 at 01:12 PM.
JoshC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2005, 01:09 PM   #164 (permalink)
Web Wheeler For Hire

Member # 26999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Scout
The sad part is that the BB still has people believing that he is a stand up guy!:
You read the Binder Bulletin?

I read this thread awhile ago and thought for sure it would get resolved by now. I guess his reputation is not important anymore so you'll have a hard time getting a refund if he doesn't even worry about that...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Eagle-Mark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2005, 01:22 PM   #165 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 11615
Send a message via Yahoo to Harvester of Sorrow
Sully...

I have 250,000 miles on Delta Airlines...You PM me where you want to go and when, and 25,000 of them are yours for a free ticket.

Ronnie Scout's deal is better...but remember I have offered...

Let me know...
Harvester of Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2005, 05:26 PM   #166 (permalink)

Member # 29450
Has Comer even made an attempt to publicly defend himself?
dukguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2005, 06:58 PM   #167 (permalink)
Web Wheeler For Hire

Member # 26999
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC
Who is Jeff Campbell? Is he a prick?

EDIT... I guess not. He popped right out of the thread over there. Sorry Jeff and thanks.
Jeff Campbell is a regualr on Just Internationals and helps a lot, didn't see his post, like you siaid it's gone so I don't know what your refering to. Seems he found himself on the wrong side???

Eagle-Mark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2005, 09:39 PM   #168 (permalink)

Member # 29271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle-Mark
Jeff Campbell is a regualr on Just Internationals and helps a lot, didn't see his post, like you siaid it's gone so I don't know what your refering to. Seems he found himself on the wrong side???
Nothing is gone. Josh asked him to leave the discussion, and he graciously did.

That is what Josh meant by "popped right out of there".

Last edited by IHC-6; 12-08-2005 at 09:48 PM.
IHC-6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2005, 08:37 AM   #169 (permalink)

Member # 33764
Quote:
I posted this over there:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Billings
In defense of John Comer, I've had him build me some drag links, set up gears and some other misc. work. He does good work as well and I'm happy with his products.
He's never done me wrong...so people are appalled when I post something positive about the guy? Do I think what happened to Sully is right though? No, absolutely not. Would I be pissed if that happened to me? You bet I would! I agree, Comer should rectify the situation.

-Gary

Last edited by SCOUTMAN67; 12-09-2005 at 08:39 AM.
SCOUTMAN67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2005, 08:54 AM   #170 (permalink)
IH Parts America Inc

Member # 21419
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOUTMAN67
Comer should rectify the situation.

-Gary
I agree. Comer should rectify the problem. By running and not answering calls all he is doing is making the situation worse. John, if you are reading this(and you must be) PAY SULLY BACK! All you are doing is stinking up the industry by not making things right. A real man will take care of his problems and not run from them. If you don't have the money, then make payment arrangements. I don't have anything against Comer or the Comer family as we've always gotten along at the IH functions and consider them friends but to deliberately screw someone and then run and not speak up at all really questions who I want as my friend(s). Its really a shame when someone takes a shit on their own porch and doesn't turn the light off.
________
How to roll a joint
ihojeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2005, 10:09 AM   #171 (permalink)

Member # 5733
Thats big $$$, isnt it a felony if over $500. I would say that now, John has to record all his further dealings with Sully over this so as to cover his back if he wants to not look like this is theft in the judges eyes, cause by running ......

Last edited by REDDMANIAC; 12-16-2005 at 10:11 AM.
REDDMANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2005, 10:40 AM   #172 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 5650
The law is BS ~ I just had a customer pick up a scout, drive to California, and then put a stop-payment on the check. I contacted the Police immediately and all they said was "what you have here is a civil matter, its not criminal so there's nothing we can do" ~ I kid you not.

I was , luckily, banks work faster than the DMV so we filed for a replacement title, which voided the one the customer took and then reported the car stolen with my shop addy as the last known addy and the customers addy as the possible place.

About the only thing the customer did right is call back the police when they tried to contact him. They persuaded him to call me, and once I told him what I had done w/ the title ~ he agreed to allow me to have the scout shipped back to me. It should be showing up later today or on Monday.

My point is ~ the law is next-to-useless ~ When I called the CSPD they said that I have a case (criminal) that's why they sent the officers, but apperantly the officers who came didn't want to do the paperwork. If I didn't do the title work that I did, I'd been SOL.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:48 AM   #173 (permalink)
IH/Rover Moderator

Member # 17
Send a message via ICQ to Old Scout
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy
The law is BS ~ I just had a customer pick up a scout, drive to California, and then put a stop-payment on the check. I contacted the Police immediately and all they said was "what you have here is a civil matter, its not criminal so there's nothing we can do" ~ I kid you not.

I was , luckily, banks work faster than the DMV so we filed for a replacement title, which voided the one the customer took and then reported the car stolen with my shop addy as the last known addy and the customers addy as the possible place.

About the only thing the customer did right is call back the police when they tried to contact him. They persuaded him to call me, and once I told him what I had done w/ the title ~ he agreed to allow me to have the scout shipped back to me. It should be showing up later today or on Monday.

My point is ~ the law is next-to-useless ~ When I called the CSPD they said that I have a case (criminal) that's why they sent the officers, but apperantly the officers who came didn't want to do the paperwork. If I didn't do the title work that I did, I'd been SOL.
In God we trust, all others pay CASH!

BUY MY BOAT

Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2005, 11:10 AM   #174 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 5650
Quote:
In God we trust, all others pay CASH!
Lesson learned.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:16 PM   #175 (permalink)

Member # 6704
Checks are fine by me...... as long as I hold all the goods until the check has cleared and the $$$ is in my account.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in