Getting the shaft - Advise me on how to deal with a vendor - Page 9 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > International Harvester
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2006, 05:50 PM   #201 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 5650
Lest we forget that a judgment in small claims DOES NOT guarrentee Sully will be paid back. They won't force payment, they'll just rule in your favor. If you actually want paid, then you'll have to wait for him NOT to pay you (after the ruling) and then sue him for 'contempt of court' ~ but seeing how hard it has been to get him in small claims, it'll be that much harder to get into a second hearing.
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2006, 07:10 PM   #202 (permalink)

Member # 40702
I'm out of that I-70/225 Service Center now and I went by Denver Health Medical Supply on Acoma Street, Denver, no Scout. Still haven't been by the Budget Car Rental on Quebec Street, Denver, to see if the blue 1100 step side is there. I wouldn't be too surprised if the thief moved out of the area, like to Montana or the 'Springs. He'll pop up. How bad do you want him? Can't sit safely in Arizona and expect things to happen. My rates are reasonable.
TheCopperCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2006, 05:56 PM   #203 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 26369
Send a message via Yahoo to Urban Wheeler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow man
Apparently the WORD is not getting out about this bastard.
The facts are, he has done this before, gets sued, does it again and again. Correct?
SOME people don't let the word get out. I haven't been to the BB forum since Bill consolidated the two forums, and from what I have seen linked to this thread I really don't want to go back. But this isn't about that.

Sully, best of luck in getting your money back.

Last edited by Urban Wheeler; 03-14-2006 at 05:57 PM.
Urban Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2006, 08:18 AM   #204 (permalink)

Member # 21733
I've been having some communications with the organizers about Comer and this is their stance. http://www.justih.org/Binder-Bench/s...3879#post43879
Old 03-27-2006, 04:39 PM   #205 (permalink)

Member # 1956
Only thing that did was piss me off.
I'll probably get banned over there, but I banned myself from the RMIHR when I lived in Denver. Haven't lost any sleep over it yet.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:15 PM   #206 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 11615
Send a message via Yahoo to Harvester of Sorrow
That is one reason I stopped being a member to "car clubs"...more politics than they are worth...

I will not endorse an entity or an establishment that provides safe haven for a fucker.

simple...
Harvester of Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2006, 05:36 PM   #207 (permalink)

Member # 21558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvester of Sorrow
That is one reason I stopped being a member to "car clubs"...more politics than they are worth...

I will not endorse an entity or an establishment that provides safe haven for a fucker.

simple...

That would make a dandy SIG!
Creepy196 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2006, 05:55 PM   #208 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 9835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy196
That would make a dandy SIG!

LOL you need to spend some time in ChitChat, Hos has about as many sig worthy quotes as anyone on this board
ChiScouter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2006, 06:05 PM   #209 (permalink)

Member # 21558
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiScouter
LOL you need to spend some time in ChitChat, Hos has about as many sig worthy quotes as anyone on this board

Funny you say that...

I just started visiting ChitChat today (and started my first thread there too).
Creepy196 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2006, 06:22 PM   #210 (permalink)

Member # 10775
Send a message via Yahoo to SSGTWC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow man
Only thing that did was piss me off.
I'll probably get banned over there, but I banned myself from the RMIHR when I lived in Denver. Haven't lost any sleep over it yet.
Same for me!

I'm getting so sick of this political bull shit that is being generated by the IH community!

I've chosen not to comment on that particular thread, but not for the idea of being banned. I choose not to add my feable .02 because it's obvious (to me anyways) that the RMIHR staff are not looking at this as a ethics issue, but rather as a legal issue. Which of course they can't do anything legally, why should they? But that's not what this whole ordeal is all about. It's having the integrity to do what's right! So if boycotting the RMIHR leads to pressing PEER PRESSURE on certain parties, to conduct proper business ETHICS, then I guess that's what's gonna have to happen.

I remember a definition of integrity that was told to me when I first started out in the Army.

Integrity: is to tell the truth, when no one is looking!

again..... just my .02
[/B][/QUOTE]

Never, underestimate the amount of stupidity in people!
SSGTWC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2006, 07:26 PM   #211 (permalink)

Member # 29450
If I ever had a desire to go to the RMIHR, those fawkers just changed my mind. When a member of an organization makes an ass out of himself and the organization does not correct that behavior it makes said organization appear to accept that behavior. If they'll accept a thief I don't want anything to do with them. I'd tell Comer to do the right thing or hit the bricks.

Last edited by dukguy; 03-27-2006 at 11:44 PM.
dukguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2006, 09:42 PM   #212 (permalink)

Member # 12121
Send a message via MSN to Sully Send a message via Yahoo to Sully
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJForrestA
I've been having some communications with the organizers about Comer and this is their stance. http://www.justih.org/Binder-Bench/s...3879#post43879
All:

I've visited that thread, and I've said my piece over there. I would like to ask that folks here not trash their BB, or start any sort of board-invasion over it. If you have something to say/share on the matter, please keep it in this thread.

That being said, I will share my feelings on the matter:

I do not wish to harm the RMIHR in the least. The IH community is small enough, and we have precious few events as it is.

I am dissapointed in the RMIHR for maintaining ties with someone who will hurt their image, who will take advantage of his position within their organization to harm others, and who will ultimately cause them to be associated with his crooked and illicit behavior. As the saying goes, if you sleep with dogs, you will wake up with fleas. That however is their decision to make. Unfortunately it reflects poorly on the IH community as a whole. (IMO)

I am personally offended by Mr Durham's comments insinuating that my case has been anything less than truthful. I find them in poor taste, and I find them to be bad politics from someone who is representing an organization that already has difficulties with it's public image. I have never met Mr Durham, nor have I ever given him any cause to make such claims against me.

Rather than questioning the veracity of my statements, I would prefer that Mr Durham had spent his efforts encouraging Mr Comer to make things right, so the whole community can move on.

-----------------------------------------------------

As far as the case itself goes, I have a new court date of May 12th. I spoke with a private process server today who feels that he can get Mr Comer served by then. However, I also have a meeting with my lawyer tomorrow to discuss the possibility of moving it to the County Civil Court instead of small claims. This would allow me to have my lawyer represent me, rather than having to fly to Denver to present the case myself.

This will be more costly for me, and ultimately more costly for Mr Comer, provided I win the judgement. However I am not willing to drop this issue.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:55 PM   #213 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 11615
Send a message via Yahoo to Harvester of Sorrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiScouter

glad to know someone appreciates dumb humor...

How were the islands man...
Harvester of Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2006, 10:14 PM   #214 (permalink)

Member # 21733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
All:

I am dissapointed in the RMIHR for maintaining ties with someone who will hurt their image, who will take advantage of his position within their organization to harm others, and who will ultimately cause them to be associated with his crooked and illicit behavior. As the saying goes, if you sleep with dogs, you will wake up with fleas. That however is their decision to make. Unfortunately it reflects poorly on the IH community as a whole. (IMO)

I am personally offended by Mr Durham's comments insinuating that my case has been anything less than truthful. I find them in poor taste, and I find them to be bad politics from someone who is representing an organization that already has difficulties with it's public image. I have never met Mr Durham, nor have I ever given him any cause to make such claims against me.

Rather than questioning the veracity of my statements, I would prefer that Mr Durham had spent his efforts encouraging Mr Comer to make things right, so the whole community can move on.

This is what erked me as well. The attitude of Sully's lying so don't make too much of what he's saying. I think it was important for us all to see their official stance on this.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:51 AM   #215 (permalink)

Member # 8226
Send a message via ICQ to Bindernut Send a message via AIM to Bindernut
I think the most disturbing thing is the minimizing and "explaining away" that Durham has offered so far. I mean, his comments would be appropriate if the whole dispute was about something far less concrete, and over far less $$. For example: "I bought a X part from Comer, and when it finally came, it was the wrong part, and he won't return it in exchange for the right one." or something of that nature would be the level of dispute at which his comments would be appropriate. In *that* hypothetical case, he could realistically surmise their was likely error on the customers part leading to the wrong part being sent - information likely left out of the customers explanation of the story. At least, *that* kind of vendor dispute is the sort of real-world problem that can happen without anybody having purposed to screw somebody else - people make mistakes, it happens.

The REAL situation is entirely different. The facts are on the table, from a guy who is well known and trusted around here, and who has handled himself in a manner above reproach with regard to this issue, and who has been extremely reasonable and patient. This is all-out theft of $2000! All of that was ignored by the attitude coming from over there!

As it involves the board of RMIHR, I think this is primarily an ethics and personal integrity issue, not a legal one. That aspect has been completely ignored by Mr. Durham in my estimation. (Did I miss it?) This attitude from RMIHR (or Mr. Durham, anyway) is like the Titanic defending the iceberg that sank it. It just doesn't make any sense, does anybody care to explain it to me?

[QUOTE=Mechanos]"I did a fine job of spotting you through the gravel parking lot, but once we got on rocks over 1" diameter, I was screwed."[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Bindernut; 03-28-2006 at 11:53 AM.
Bindernut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2006, 12:08 PM   #216 (permalink)

Member # 5982
So I wonder what the committee would say if one their board members was on trial for rape or murder. Why not ask for JC to step down until this is resolved.

Sully best of luck with this. BTW move this up to Civil court, once you have a judgment you can file for a garnishment in CO.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:30 PM   #217 (permalink)

Member # 47726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindernut
As it involves the board of RMIHR, I think this is primarily an ethics and personal integrity issue, not a legal one.
I agree with this. I understand that the RMIHR board can't LEGALLY do anythithing and I even agree that is not their place to be the mediator, but I would be very disapointed in those folks if no one has said to Comer "Hey this is bad for the community and we strongly encourage you to resolve it. And because it is now impacting this organization, we want to ask you to step down until it is resolved."
I recognize that these folks are volunteers and put a lot of energy into what they are working on, but being accountable for your actions is not an unreasonable expectation in my opinion. I would be nervous working in an organization with someone who holds a leadership position but doesn't maintain accountability in thier private buisness life.

Good luck Sully, I am sorry to see that this is still in play.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:00 PM   #218 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 5650
This is freakin' sad. Admitedly, I haven't read the entire thread of the RMIHR ~ but already I'm feeling sorry for Dale.

Not be be a prick, or to further piss anyone off, but I have to say that Dale and the RMIHR committee really have nothing to do with what John does in his personal/professional life. To hold RMIHR accountable is truly saddening to me.

Before you get all pissed at me, let me explain. The committee members/volenteers work unbelievably hard at RMIHR ~ I often wonder if they get any benifet out of it at all. I even hear them talk about getting out at times of stress, wondering if they're doing any good at all. I see them (as I usually volenteer for gate duty) slaving away in the high altitude sun all day, and then they count votes from the show-n-shine and stuff all night. Then the present awards, run vehicle games, races, and anything else all the next day. I wouldn't want to be in there shoes. At first I thought it would be cool, but then I saw what they do, and being a vendor there I simply can't help with manning a booth all day. My worry is that this can kill whatever 'joy' they get out of it. Dale, Darrel and Steve (and steve's fam ~ who are the people I personally know) are what I'd say are the key people there ~ I consider them friends.

I'm going to say that I hope that John and Sully's situation (and all the other guys for that matter) doesn't reflect at all on RMIHR, as it would severely discredit and shame the work that the other's are doing. THAT is sad, that hurts the community, but more to the point, it could kill the RMIHR by convincing the key people putting it together that its just not worth it.

Honestly, I wouldn't expect Dale et. al. to give up that easy, as they are pillars in the IH community and have taken more than this. I'm glad that this has been brought up to the committee for one simple reason, it may help the situation get resolved by showing that Comer can't hide from the problem at hand. I'm 100% sure that this will be a topic of discussion at the next meeting. Certainly I don't expect the RMIHR committee to come out publically with an official stance ~ or, for that matter oust Comer. But maybe ~ 'off the record' ~ this will put a little more heat on him to resolve the problem.

In all, I'll agree that the RMIHR thing is the best place to serve whomever is involved with court papers. You know he's going to be there, you know where it is and when ~ so get it done. I think we all are ready for this to go away.

PLEASE: DONT DISCREDIT THE WORK OF ALL RMIHR COMMITTEE MEMBERS WITH THE SHINANIGAN'S OF ONE! Consider what it's like for them. They are hard working GREAT people.

My .02
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2006, 01:07 PM   #219 (permalink)

Member # 24591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
All:

I've visited that thread, and I've said my piece over there. I would like to ask that folks here not trash their BB, or start any sort of board-invasion over it. If you have something to say/share on the matter, please keep it in this thread.

That being said, I will share my feelings on the matter:

I do not wish to harm the RMIHR in the least. The IH community is small enough, and we have precious few events as it is.
From those statements I can tell you were raised right!!

RMIHR is a wonderful event!!! Glad to see you are trying to head this off before it puts a black eye so to speak on the event. Why should friction between two people ruin it for the rest of us? RMIHR is the second closest IH gathering to my location so I want to see it improve each year if possible.

Does "he" work anywhere else besides his "shop"? A tent and a sleeping bag in the lobby usually gets someones attention.

Why not travel out to CO and confront the guy about it? Face to face usually gets results in one form of satisfaction or the other. Settle it like our great grandparents used to.........

I wish ya luck!!
Old 03-28-2006, 03:05 PM   #220 (permalink)

Member # 55431
Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Wow - just wow. So the 'lead' person on this committee is at the very least dodging somebody trying to remedy a business transaction - and the community at large is supposed to support the event like the 2 situations weren't related? Coming from outside the situation, I'd recommend going to this event, buying a vendor table and passing out copies of your documentation showing everything that's happened in this thread. If they are going to play by stupid rules - use it to your advantage, IMHO.
dansls1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2006, 04:45 PM   #221 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 26369
I just had a thought. () What would people think if Comer got arrested at RMIHR? Seems like it would be a good place to serve him at least.

Last edited by Urban Wheeler; 03-28-2006 at 04:45 PM.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:25 PM   #222 (permalink)

Member # 47726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy
. I think we all are ready for this to go away.

PLEASE: DONT DISCREDIT THE WORK OF ALL RMIHR COMMITTEE MEMBERS WITH THE SHINANIGAN'S OF ONE! Consider what it's like for them. They are hard working GREAT people.

My .02
I hope what I said wasn't taken as trying to discredit anyone, I believe that the RMIHR is a great thing and totally recognize that those folks work hard for only the pleasure of seeing a great thing come together. I don't think a boycott of the RMIHR would be effective or warrented in this case and (if I can get my junk running by then) I will be going. I do think some off the record conversations between those folks that know John the best might help.

But, I'm a newb, so I shouldn't stir the fire.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:50 PM   #223 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 26369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Boy
I agree with this. I understand that the RMIHR board can't LEGALLY do anythithing.
Well, they could disband/dissolve/cease to exist or whatever. I don't know if they could reform under the old name or if they'd have to use a new name, but what would prevent them from not letting Comer back in the comittee?

I would like to see the laws that guy keeps mentioning.

Last edited by Urban Wheeler; 03-28-2006 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:16 PM   #224 (permalink)

Member # 21733
I think the whole point Damian is that by the individuals in the committee saying they won't help resolve the situation and "implying" we're not hearing the whole story they are discrediting themselves. Some of them see Comer all the time and they need to do the right thing. RMIHR's destiny hangs on their actions not anyone elses. THere are hundreds of people following this thread and the actions they take will be determined by the actions of the people whol know Comer best. This is a test of their ethics and of really what the IH community is all about. Either they lead by example or they die by it. Its really that simple. If Comer loves the IH community so much he'll step up and end this. The ball is in the court of Comer and the committee members as individuals to put some trust and pride back here. Not as a committee but as good ethical people concerned about the right thing to do. I'd like to see a list of the committee members names so we know who's at these meetings with Comer and what other business's might be involved.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:13 PM   #225 (permalink)

Member # 21733
Its already happening. JI just moved the thread away from the RMIHR forum to try to bury it. I new the Comer supporters would find a way to "make this dissappear". The politics involved here are really unbelievable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in