TRAILBINDER buildup - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > International Harvester
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2006, 08:02 AM   #26 (permalink)

Member # 61452
It isn't mounted at all. The drag link is missing.
mehoffine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2006, 10:37 AM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 21558
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAILBINDER
well, did some more research today. i found that rancho 44044s or some 69-72 gm front springs are what will end up under the front of my rig. they both measure real close to the stock springs, and the hardest part will be makin the bushings fit in the hangers. i also called a local machine shop, and they said it sounds like they may be able to fix my intake, but i needed to bring it by. of course, by the time i got off work they were closed, so hopefully one day this week ill get by there at lunch or sneak off work a little early.

HOPEFULLY, by the end of this week ill have my intake fixed, new carb ordered, and some front springs ordered. i need some opinions on what front springs to order, i know the 44044s flex real good, and supposably can handle the wieght, but they may not give me the amount of lift im lookin for. superlift 69-72 8" fronts are stiff under a chevy, but i think the wieght of an ih powerplant would soften them up quite a bit.plus, with the 8" springs i should get bout 6" of lift, right?

Full size IH pickups are too heavy for 44044s. They're better for Scouts. Stick with a GM pickup application spring.
Creepy196 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2006, 06:03 PM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 68402
well, i went to the machine shop and they said bout $100-150 to fix up my intake. so, if i can find another one, ill probly end up buying one. anybody got a 345/392 4bbl intake for sale?
TRAILBINDER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2006, 06:18 PM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 6704
yep.... 4bbl spreadbore, but shipping is gonna kill the deal more than likely.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:27 PM   #30 (permalink)

Member # 53195
I dont know if 74 -75 rear spring are different but on my 73 I did a shackle flip on the rear and it was fairly easy and gain about 4 inches
On the front I did 2 add a leafs(yes it did ride like shit)
I would also keep the divorced 205
I thinking about doing a scout tranny & t-case to a divorce furd 205 w/ furd front axle
littlemeck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2006, 09:23 AM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 53545
Quote:
well, i went to the machine shop and they said bout $100-150 to fix up my intake. so, if i can find another one, ill probly end up buying one. anybody got a 345/392 4bbl intake for sale?
Call Jeff Ismail. 916-645-4706. You need to call him today, he is leaving for holister tomorrow. If you guys work out a deal I can meet you this weekend in the Loomis or Lincoln area. Click on the page in my sig for the IH Only North site
ihochad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2006, 09:42 AM   #32 (permalink)

Member # 13731
Quote:
Sure -- heck I bet I could give you one for free. But I think you'd be better off finding some local IH dude to get you the good buddy deal as shipping alone is gonna be a killer.

I'm sure someone local has one - they really aren't that rare or hard to find.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
uglyscout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2006, 11:35 AM   #33 (permalink)

Member # 68402
I tried calling, got a machine. cant leave a number cause i dont have a house phone, and lost my cell two days ago(borrowing a phone just to call him). Chad, if there is any way you could get ahold of him, my email is [email protected] or you can pm me. or you could just let me know the best time to call him. thanks
TRAILBINDER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2006, 11:59 AM   #34 (permalink)

Member # 53545
PM sent
ihochad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2006, 05:31 PM   #35 (permalink)

Member # 38264
Send a message via AIM to budget76
FYI last time i shipped an intake it cost me 40 to 50 bucks. definately better than the 100 to have it fixed
Old 03-09-2006, 06:20 PM   #36 (permalink)

Member # 66787
Send a message via Yahoo to Tahcustomscout
Yep, I just sold one on ebay in December and it cost $60 to ship from Arkansas to Texas!!!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 10:58 PM   #37 (permalink)

Member # 80126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy196
The T35 is the best of both worlds for a pickup. It's top four gears (all synchonized) almost exactly match first-fourth in a T19close. This is GREAT for normal driving as you can start in second or third (I do this with my T34 too). PLUS it has that bitchin' deep 7.17/1 first for crawlin!
I am currently building a extreme trail rig out of my 78 ScoutII. I am putting Rockwell 2.5 ton axles under the thing. I thought about running a Dana 20 to NP 205 combo for the transfer case but after concidering the install of such a set-up, I purchased a t-35 today.

I think that this will be a much easier and stronger. And that 7.16/1 first gear sends shivers down my spine! I not sure how easy it will be to find one there, but I got the transmission, bellhousing, flywheel, 13" clutch, pressure plate...ETC for $200 from a wholesale truck parts yard. They even opened it up and inspected the gears, took it off of the motor and strapped it down to a pallet for me. This transmission looks to have been rebuild just before the donor rig took a dive or it was driven with great care. Even the old store owner was suprised when he opened it up! I sold my old t-19/D20 setup for $300 yesterday, so when all is said and done, I made money on the swap (because I already had the Divorced 205).

In a nutshell, if you look around, It is a great way to get low gears a strong transmission and a fairly straight forward drivetrain with great low range for pretty cheep. I would consider it if I were you! There area couple of good threads here that cover the install.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in