79 ford spindles and rotors - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > International Harvester
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2006, 10:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 32053
79 ford spindles and rotors

I can use 79 ford spindles and rotors and hubs on a scout front if i redrill the spindle to bolt onto the scout knuckle right? trying to go with internal lockouts for now, and working with what I currently have. Thought i had read somewhere this would work. my other option is dodge outers, but those need calipers, rotors, and who knows what else. the ford stuff I have is all good shape.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 4506
Never heard of using the ford hub/rotor and spindle with Scout brake hardware... I suspect it won't line up.

Better (IMO) to use the GM backing plates and callipers as well. Don't forget the GM stub shaft. Not sure about the ford spindle... They are a little shorter than the GM/FSJ which everyone uses... wonder if it would work, probably have to use the ford stub in that case.

The advantage of the Dodge stuff is you get the 'big bearing' spindle. More common spindle, as well as a little beefier spindle, but almost a moot point.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2006, 05:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 32053
I was going to measure them tonight but haven't found the time yet. I only have one chevy small bearing spindle, since i let my friend have one to get his going and i've never gotten one back like he promised. Them freakin things are goldplated every time I see them on ebay. thats why I was going to try and use the ford ones.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in