'56 S-120 4x4 Build - Page 13 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > International Harvester
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2015, 10:47 AM   #301 (permalink)

Member # 70148
Was that s-160 on craigslist? I think I was looking at it for the cab. Ironically enough, a tree fell on my '56 s-120's cab in the fall of 2013 and smashed it in a very similar way to yours, and that was not too long after I put on the lockouts you gave me! I was planning on using it for my wedding in the summer of 2014 and I couldn't find a donor cab in time so I ended up learning some metal work. Had some centers made for some h1's I had laying around and off we went. Not my long term goal for the truck but it was good enough given the tree project.

Looking forward to seeing yours run and drive!
Thanks again for the parts!
p.s., if you ever come across a good windshield or driver side glass I'd be interested in buying it off you. I'm in southeast kansas once in a while and could come get parts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
larboc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2015, 07:42 AM   #302 (permalink)

Member # 98655
Hey buddy, just checking in to see how you and the family are.
Appears those tornados yesterday ran right through your area again!
Hope all is well!
just4cuz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2015, 11:19 AM   #303 (permalink)

Member # 32841
Send a message via AIM to cybergeek23851
I meant to do the same. How did ya'll fair, Andy?

The tornado that spawned over Overholser hit my complex that I live in over in Bethany. The two neighboring buildings had damage to their units, along with roof and siding damage.

I still don't have any power over at the apartment so I can't verify if my hvac unit is operational, but OG+E is working their butts off down on Council south of 10th, so hopefully I will have power tonight.

This is the second tornado I have been through in Oklahoma, but my first as a resident.
cybergeek23851 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 11:38 PM   #304 (permalink)
Mr. Personality

Member # 11869
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4cuz View Post
Hey buddy, just checking in to see how you and the family are.
Appears those tornados yesterday ran right through your area again!
Hope all is well!
Everyone is doing good. We didn't get any damage at our place. Thanks for thinking about us again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybergeek23851 View Post
I meant to do the same. How did ya'll fair, Andy?

The tornado that spawned over Overholser hit my complex that I live in over in Bethany. The two neighboring buildings had damage to their units, along with roof and siding damage.

I still don't have any power over at the apartment so I can't verify if my hvac unit is operational, but OG+E is working their butts off down on Council south of 10th, so hopefully I will have power tonight.

This is the second tornado I have been through in Oklahoma, but my first as a resident.
Everyone is good, thanks! We are living in Piedmont now. Got a lot of wind but no damage according to my wife. As usual I'm out in the middle of the gulf when shit happens at home lol

I hope they get your power back on quickly man. Take care
Azzy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2015, 11:44 PM   #305 (permalink)
Mr. Personality

Member # 11869
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Was that s-160 on craigslist? I think I was looking at it for the cab. Ironically enough, a tree fell on my '56 s-120's cab in the fall of 2013 and smashed it in a very similar way to yours, and that was not too long after I put on the lockouts you gave me! I was planning on using it for my wedding in the summer of 2014 and I couldn't find a donor cab in time so I ended up learning some metal work. Had some centers made for some h1's I had laying around and off we went. Not my long term goal for the truck but it was good enough given the tree project.

Looking forward to seeing yours run and drive!
Thanks again for the parts!
p.s., if you ever come across a good windshield or driver side glass I'd be interested in buying it off you. I'm in southeast kansas once in a while and could come get parts.
I'm not sure if they had it listed on CL. I found it on Ebay. I figured it would go for about $500-$700 so I was pretty happy to get it for $300.

That sucks about the damage man! Glad you were able to fix it though. The truck looks great

No problem on the parts. I'm just glad they're being used. I'm always looking for more parts and complete trucks so I'll keep an eye out for what you need.

I can't wait to make some progress on mine.. It's been too long.
Azzy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2015, 10:28 AM   #306 (permalink)

Member # 98655
Thanks for the reply, glad to hear all is well.
just4cuz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2015, 07:34 PM   #307 (permalink)

Member # 233704
Hey,

I saw this truck several years back on Jalopy Journal, always wondered about it cause it looked awesome. Really cool build...I'm a big fan of both the S-series trucks and Detroit power

Hope we see more!
fergus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2016, 03:38 PM   #308 (permalink)

Member # 178045
I'm calling this thread Lazarus, because it's coming back from the dead. Just wondering, any progress?
wlenoir is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2017, 08:36 AM   #309 (permalink)

Member # 83301
bump
Old 04-15-2019, 12:05 PM   #310 (permalink)

Member # 70148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy2000 View Post
I'm not sure if they had it listed on CL. I found it on Ebay. I figured it would go for about $500-$700 so I was pretty happy to get it for $300.

That sucks about the damage man! Glad you were able to fix it though. The truck looks great

No problem on the parts. I'm just glad they're being used. I'm always looking for more parts and complete trucks so I'll keep an eye out for what you need.

I can't wait to make some progress on mine.. It's been too long.
BUUUMMMPPP

Keep an eye out for a rear axle shaft. I broke one when trying to get it out to plow with a tire frozen to the ground, I *think* they are the same left and right.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
larboc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in