scout on crack - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > International Harvester
Notices

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2001, 07:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Member # 226
Location: Yakima, WA
Posts: 3,285
Post scout on crack

Got a cool picture of me on the Crack. This was the first time I ever successfully climbed it. <IMG SRC="smilies/glasses.gif" border="0">

Ben W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2001, 09:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Member # 693
Location: Yakima, WA
Posts: 851
Post

Just say no to Crack. HeHe. <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> Seriously though guys, he made it look SOOO EASY..........2 days in a row!
Jay
__________________
46 2A
Jeepdude_Jay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2001, 09:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Member # 4327
Location: Washington State
Posts: 82
Post

Where is that. That in Wa?
__________________
Pain is temporary, bones heal, chicks dig scars and glory is forever.

"Your a daisey if ya do"
lt303scoutin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2001, 10:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Member # 693
Location: Yakima, WA
Posts: 851
Post

Yep, Funny Rocks, Little Naches area.
Jay
__________________
46 2A
Jeepdude_Jay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2001, 10:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Member # 2243
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 1,135
Post

WOO HOO! Looks like lots o fun!

What's it like coming down? hehe.
__________________
"After all is said and done, a hell of a lot more is said than done."
Clark Olmstead
Joe V is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2001, 04:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Member # 3274
Posts: 33
Post

ouch, i can just hear the sheetmetal wrinkling.......rocks cant be too good for front driveshafts can they ben?
built2lastblazer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2001, 08:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Member # 4306
Posts: 180
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by 61Scout:
<STRONG>Got a cool picture of me on the Crack. This was the first time I ever successfully climbed it. <IMG SRC="smilies/glasses.gif" border="0">

</STRONG>

Very cool Ben.

Run down the stats on your rig again for me.

Thanks


HooperSSII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2001, 08:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Member # 693
Location: Yakima, WA
Posts: 851
Post

These pics are when he did it again the next day.

__________________
46 2A
Jeepdude_Jay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2001, 09:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Member # 4306
Posts: 180
Post

Any tire pick? Bet not. Not in a scout. Maybe the rear as he crested?
HooperSSII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2001, 09:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Member # 693
Location: Yakima, WA
Posts: 851
Post

I don't think so. He has LOTS of droop.
Jay
__________________
46 2A
Jeepdude_Jay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2001, 09:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Member # 4306
Posts: 180
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeepdude_Jay:
<STRONG>I don't think so. He has LOTS of droop.
Jay</STRONG>
Uh, yep. It looks like it



This shot is off his web site. It is a year or so old, I think.

Lots of droop. What springs are those?

HooperSSII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2001, 10:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Member # 226
Location: Yakima, WA
Posts: 3,285
Post

Joe V - I haven't come down it yet, but I plan to next time I'm up there. Should be interesting. <IMG SRC="smilies/eyemouth.gif" border="0">

blazerboy - wrinkles only hurt the first time. My driveshaft did take a beating that weekend. <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">

Hooper - Its a stock 1961 Scout 80. 472/TH400/D20 Fullwidth GM D44F IH D60 rear. 4.10's, powerlock front/lincoln lock rear. 36x12.50 TSL's. I think I was carrying the front drivers tire a little bit, but I didn't stick my head out to look. <IMG SRC="smilies/tongue.gif" border="0">
Ben W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2001, 10:08 AM   #13 (permalink)
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Member # 226
Location: Yakima, WA
Posts: 3,285
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Hooper:
<STRONG>Uh, yep. It looks like it



This shot is off his web site. It is a year or so old, I think.

Lots of droop. What springs are those?

</STRONG>
In that pic they are CJ7 rear springs in the front, but in the crack pic I'm running 4" Procomp YJ springs.
Ben W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2001, 10:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Member # 2071
Location: Helena, MT USA
Posts: 5,083
Send a message via AIM to tsm1mt
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by 61Scout:
<STRONG>In that pic they are CJ7 rear springs in the front, but in the crack pic I'm running 4" Procomp YJ springs.</STRONG>
Hey, who's that leaning out of his rig and lookin' like a goof? <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/csmile.gif" border="0">

I should be cruisin' through Yakima early afternoon in 2 weeks. <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> No Travelette though. <IMG SRC="smilies/frown.gif" border="0">
__________________
-Tom
KE7VUX
tsm1mt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2001, 10:20 AM   #15 (permalink)
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Member # 226
Location: Yakima, WA
Posts: 3,285
Post

Like I said, one day you realize you're always leaning out looking like a goof, and you stop doing it. <IMG SRC="smilies/tongue.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/tongue.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">
Ben W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2001, 10:24 AM   #16 (permalink)
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Member # 226
Location: Yakima, WA
Posts: 3,285
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by tsm1mt:
<STRONG>
I should be cruisin' through Yakima early afternoon in 2 weeks. <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> No Travelette though. <IMG SRC="smilies/frown.gif" border="0"></STRONG>
Cool, wanna go wheelin'? <IMG SRC="smilies/glasses.gif" border="0">
Ben W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2001, 10:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Member # 2071
Location: Helena, MT USA
Posts: 5,083
Send a message via AIM to tsm1mt
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by 61Scout:
<STRONG>Cool, wanna go wheelin'? <IMG SRC="smilies/glasses.gif" border="0"></STRONG>
oooh, now that's tempting! 'cept I'll be enroute to Snohomish and probably convoying with Earl Culley.. <IMG SRC="smilies/frown.gif" border="0">
__________________
-Tom
KE7VUX
tsm1mt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2001, 10:59 AM   #18 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Member # 4306
Posts: 180
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by 61Scout:
<STRONG>Like I said, one day you realize you're always leaning out looking like a goof, and you stop doing it. <IMG SRC="smilies/tongue.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/tongue.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"></STRONG>

Whatever it takes to get up the trails. Look a lot less goofy with my head sticking out the side, then I would with my rig on its side
<IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">


Tom is just jealous his doors don't come off easily.

HooperSSII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2001, 12:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Member # 4306
Posts: 180
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by 61Scout:
<STRONG>Joe V - I haven't come down it yet, but I plan to next time I'm up there. Should be interesting. <IMG SRC="smilies/eyemouth.gif" border="0">

blazerboy - wrinkles only hurt the first time. My driveshaft did take a beating that weekend. <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">

Hooper - Its a stock 1961 Scout 80. 472/TH400/D20 Fullwidth GM D44F IH D60 rear. 4.10's, powerlock front/lincoln lock rear. 36x12.50 TSL's. I think I was carrying the front drivers tire a little bit, but I didn't stick my head out to look. <IMG SRC="smilies/tongue.gif" border="0"></STRONG>

Lots of clearance issues up there, even with your 36's (?)


HooperSSII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2001, 12:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Member # 226
Location: Yakima, WA
Posts: 3,285
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Hooper:
<STRONG>
Lots of clearance issues up there, even with your 36's (?)


</STRONG>
Not really. Big tires aren't all that neccessary around here. 33's are fine.
Ben W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2001, 01:17 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Member # 2071
Location: Helena, MT USA
Posts: 5,083
Send a message via AIM to tsm1mt
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Hooper:
<STRONG>
Tom is just jealous his doors don't come off easily.
</STRONG>
Are you kidding? Michelle n' I would be in casts 365 days a year with cuts n' bruises all over if it wasn't for the steel doors. <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">

I hate to think what that tree would've done to her if the door hadn't gotten in the way.

Or was it that OTHER tree I was worried about? No, I think it was that one that...

"Michelle, if the window implodes, just remember to close your eyes, m'kaayy?"

"Ever'body stand back!"

<IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0">

(That's usually about the time I hear, "Let me out so I can take pictures.." in a rather urgent tone.)

I think she actually feels safer in the race truck.. at least there's the 5pts and full 'cage.
__________________
-Tom
KE7VUX
tsm1mt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2001, 03:38 PM   #22 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Member # 4306
Posts: 180
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by tsm1mt:
<STRONG>Are you kidding? Michelle n' I would be in casts 365 days a year with cuts n' bruises all over if it wasn't for the steel doors. <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">

I hate to think what that tree would've done to her if the door hadn't gotten in the way.

Or was it that OTHER tree I was worried about? No, I think it was that one that...

"Michelle, if the window implodes, just remember to close your eyes, m'kaayy?"

"Ever'body stand back!"

<IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0">

(That's usually about the time I hear, "Let me out so I can take pictures.." in a rather urgent tone.)

I think she actually feels safer in the race truck.. at least there's the 5pts and full 'cage.</STRONG>
You are scaring me!!! <g>

HooperSSII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2001, 03:41 PM   #23 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Member # 4306
Posts: 180
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by 61Scout:
<STRONG>Not really. Big tires aren't all that neccessary around here. 33's are fine.</STRONG>
You mentioned your driveshaft took a beating. What were you banging it on?
HooperSSII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2001, 09:29 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Member # 693
Location: Yakima, WA
Posts: 851
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Hooper:
<STRONG>You mentioned your driveshaft took a beating. What were you banging it on?</STRONG>
I don't think he actually hit the driveline on anything. He did however twist the tube on it about 90 deg.

<IMG SRC="smilies/eek.gif" border="0">
Jay
__________________
46 2A
Jeepdude_Jay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2001, 12:08 PM   #25 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2001
Member # 4788
Posts: 10
Post

Have a good day
79 SSII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.