Project Piss Off My Neighbors and Set My Condo on Fire - Page 48 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Hardcore Tech
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2019, 06:26 PM   #1176 (permalink)
NERD

Member # 25303
Quote:
Originally Posted by matts88yj View Post
How are you liking that stall when crawling? Was going to stick to a near stock stall for my 5.3 while running a BTR Stage II truck cam.
I like it, but some others in my group did not. It's controllable but the power does come on suddenly compared to a low stall. I wouldn't put one in a dedicated crawler but I think it's very tolerable in a go-fast rig that sometimes hits rocks, which is my case. If you were closed I'd just put you in the driver's seat and see what you think!

2013 Raptor SuperCrew Tow Rig
Porsche
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fab Parts:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PNW Shock Tuning:
gtxracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2019, 11:09 PM   #1177 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 236179
Now that you've goosed it around some, what are your thoughts on the changes you made to the suspension? More/less roll from the change in RC height?
Old 02-16-2019, 12:20 PM   #1178 (permalink)
NERD

Member # 25303
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1guy View Post
Now that you've goosed it around some, what are your thoughts on the changes you made to the suspension? More/less roll from the change in RC height?
Itís slightly noticeable with more roll. It does squat a bit when I launch but I also have very soft springs in the rear at the moment. I might swap springs one more time to get this where I want it. These Coleman sway bars are also the lightest they offer but much stiffer than an Antirock. The rig felt stable with the right amount of body roll and side hill ability.

I plan to swap the front 2.0x14 COs for 2.5x12 COs. If I can find IBPs when I do that swap it will be that much better.

Porsche

Fab Parts:

PNW Shock Tuning:

Old 02-17-2019, 10:40 AM   #1179 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 304297
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxracer View Post
They claim to be dust and water resistant. I know of a few race teams that use them and some trail riders too. You can wire in tons of sensors so I'm thinking it's the best bang for the buck and also cuts down on the space needed for gauges.

Been looking at oil accumulators and will probably add one in before next KOH along with a remote filter and engine oil cooler. I need to relocate my trans cooler as well, it gets hot when running around in the desert because I don't have enough airflow over it.
Oh ok, sounds good. I run a holley terminator system, so it's plug and play for me to run the holley digital dash. Cost wise I think it's more affordable to use the holley digital dash because of everything you get in one package. Separately it would cost more to get everything it does.

The only other thing I don't like is if one portion of the dash fails I have to remove the whole thing and send it in to be repaired, or wait for a replacement, whereas individual gauges you deal with each failure on their own.

Tipped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2019, 05:35 AM   #1180 (permalink)

Member # 834586
Quote:
They claim to be dust and water resistant. I know of a few race teams that use them and some trail riders too. You can wire in tons of sensors so I'm thinking it's the best bang for the buck and also cuts down on the space needed for gauges.

Been looking at oil accumulators and will probably add one in before next KOH along with a remote filter and engine oil cooler. I need to relocate my trans cooler as well, it gets hot when running around in the desert because I don't have enough airflow over it.
Nice catching up with you at KOH! Do you think you need an engine oil cooler? I have been debating if I wanna run an accumulator and a cooler or just an accumulator. I was thinking a big radiator with dual fans will keep the engine plenty cool but I don't have any real world experience with this setup.
Old 02-18-2019, 03:04 PM   #1181 (permalink)
NERD

Member # 25303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipped View Post
Oh ok, sounds good. I run a holley terminator system, so it's plug and play for me to run the holley digital dash. Cost wise I think it's more affordable to use the holley digital dash because of everything you get in one package. Separately it would cost more to get everything it does.

The only other thing I don't like is if one portion of the dash fails I have to remove the whole thing and send it in to be repaired, or wait for a replacement, whereas individual gauges you deal with each failure on their own.
That's true, something to consider. I still have the OBD Fusion app I can use in a pinch. I want something that's easily expandable and I think Holley would work with me if something went wrong. The data logging also helps quite a bit and wiring in the fuel gauges and other misc sensors is a huge plus for me. I don't always want to monitor those things, just randomly check them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcope002 View Post
Nice catching up with you at KOH! Do you think you need an engine oil cooler? I have been debating if I wanna run an accumulator and a cooler or just an accumulator. I was thinking a big radiator with dual fans will keep the engine plenty cool but I don't have any real world experience with this setup.
Thanks for stopping by camp! If my buddies hadn't pushed my rig into BFE as a joke, I don't think as many people would have found me I want an engine cooler for when I get stupid and want to rip around at WOT. I plan to race the Jeep in minor local races and want an accumulator for startup and sudden pressure loss such as climbs and rolls. My engine stays cool even with partially full coolant in the radiator but the engine oil cooler will help even further.

Porsche

Fab Parts:

PNW Shock Tuning:
Old 02-20-2019, 05:05 PM   #1182 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 62615
Quote:
I like it, but some others in my group did not. It's controllable but the power does come on suddenly compared to a low stall. I wouldn't put one in a dedicated crawler but I think it's very tolerable in a go-fast rig that sometimes hits rocks, which is my case. If you were closed I'd just put you in the driver's seat and see what you think!
Appreciate the input! I think I'll give my current stall a chance with the Stage II cam and go from there.
matts88yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2019, 12:47 PM   #1183 (permalink)
NERD

Member # 25303
Quote:
Originally Posted by matts88yj View Post
Appreciate the input! I think I'll give my current stall a chance with the Stage II cam and go from there.
No problem These cams are sweet, I'd even go to a Stage 3 if you want all the power. Lots of testimonials from the car guys on LS1tech if you want a good comparison. Most said to go straight to Stage 3.

Porsche

Fab Parts:

PNW Shock Tuning:
Old 02-28-2019, 11:05 AM   #1184 (permalink)
NERD

Member # 25303
Alright, y'all officially pissed off my Photobucket account again Thanks for the views! I might have to actually pay them temporarily until I figure this out. Anyone have any ideas on how to merge my photos without going through almost 50 pages? I have IMGUR already but don't really want to go that route unless I have to. The last time I went to Photobucket's website it tried to take over my entire machine. Luckily I have great ad and spam blockers but it was a mess. I'll try to download my albums and see if I can get a plan together to fix this mess.

In other news - I bought a used 2.25 turn Camaro steering box off eBay and it's working out well so far. I opened up the ports in my servo and will be testing it soon. Hoping to have the entire system bled and tested by the weekend. With the new box and a Waggy pitman arm, it was right at 2 turns lock to lock. I like that but don't like single shear pitman arms without a taper. So I'll likely be designing a few fabricated pitman arms in 6.5" and 7.5" c to c. I may even make it adjustable to give me a bit of tuning. Ideally I want to be around 1.5-2 turns lock to lock so I have some testing to do!

Brought home my next project yesterday which has a knocking 3.4L flat four.... Need to finish the Jeep so I can get started!

Porsche

Fab Parts:

PNW Shock Tuning:
Old 02-28-2019, 12:49 PM   #1185 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 236179
I can still see all your pictures, or were you talking about something else?
Old 02-28-2019, 01:44 PM   #1186 (permalink)
NERD

Member # 25303
Quote:
I can still see all your pictures, or were you talking about something else?
It's my older pictures. Lately I've been using Imgur and PBB to host. I like it a lot more because if PBB goes down it takes the pics with it and it might as well since the rest of the info is here.

Found an app for $1.99 on Chrome that downloads all my albums. Already have them all downloaded. Bahahahaha

Porsche

Fab Parts:

PNW Shock Tuning:
Old 02-28-2019, 02:47 PM   #1187 (permalink)

Member # 135533
Quote:
It's my older pictures. Lately I've been using Imgur and PBB to host. I like it a lot more because if PBB goes down it takes the pics with it and it might as well since the rest of the info is here.

Found an app for $1.99 on Chrome that downloads all my albums. Already have them all downloaded. Bahahahaha

Whatís the app, quit holding back.

Sent from my iPhone using Crashalot
Old 02-28-2019, 04:55 PM   #1188 (permalink)
NERD

Member # 25303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantski Barney View Post
What’s the app, quit holding back.

Sent from my iPhone using Crashalot
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...pkeopelc?hl=en

Porsche

Fab Parts:

PNW Shock Tuning:
Old 03-01-2019, 09:47 AM   #1189 (permalink)
NERD

Member # 25303
Forgot to post pics of the new project...better backhalf the Jeep soon Although I'm trying to hit EJS this year too. Better hack it off quick then!

1999 Porsche 996 with a knock and it's in my color! Dragged it home, 16 hour day there and back with the shittiest roads I've ever been on without chains.
Attached Images

Porsche

Fab Parts:

PNW Shock Tuning:

Last edited by gtxracer; 03-04-2019 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:29 PM   #1190 (permalink)
NERD

Member # 25303
Still plugging away at the new frame in Solidworks. I need to design the fuel cell skid but might buy the Artec version to save time. 7 weeks to EJS. Hoping to get on the trip but we'll see if I can get away.

Keeping the Poison Spyder bumper, I dig it a lot. Keeps a "stock"ish look and I like that. Using interlocking tube clamps and the bumper mount studs to secure it to the Jeep. Should be plenty stout. Lots of tube work for strength since I am losing a bit with the notch I need for lower links. Probably heavier than it should be but I want this to be strong enough to take a hit. Planning to mount B pillar to all this as well. Need to tie in the body mounts under the cargo area and a few other odds and ends to complete it. Hoping to cut from in a week or so.
Attached Images

Porsche

Fab Parts:

PNW Shock Tuning:
Old 03-04-2019, 08:38 PM   #1191 (permalink)

Member # 46942
Quote:
Forgot to post pics of the new project...better backhalf the Jeep soon Although I'm trying to hit EJS this year too. Better hack it off quick then!

1999 Porsche 996 with a knock and it's in my color! Dragged it home, 16 hour day there and back with the shittiest roads I've ever been on without chains.

Koh look like a blast this year!

We are skipping ejs this year and going to sand hallow instead!!
Old 03-04-2019, 11:21 PM   #1192 (permalink)

Member # 74066
I was going to Moab with some buddies the week before EJS and would be there for the first weekend of it, but half of us are rebuilding our rigs and don't think we'll be done in time, so we are all going the first week of June, now.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:08 AM   #1193 (permalink)
NERD

Member # 25303
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjjared413 View Post
Koh look like a blast this year!

We are skipping ejs this year and going to sand hallow instead!!
It was pretty fun but wanted more wheeling. Still getting used to the Jeep and all the changes that I've made. I've spent about 90% of my time wrenching and 10% driving and I want to flip those numbers for this year. Still need to cut the frame to really start driving it hard so there's a small bit of work to do before I can really dig in and start going to more events. Sand hallow sounds badass but I haven't done EJS either so maybe next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkysTheLimit View Post
I was going to Moab with some buddies the week before EJS and would be there for the first weekend of it, but half of us are rebuilding our rigs and don't think we'll be done in time, so we are all going the first week of June, now.
Awww setbacks! You have a lot of work to do though so I can understand. Nothing like KOH to motivate me every winter but it's nice when you can just push your trip back. Haha!

Porsche

Fab Parts:

PNW Shock Tuning:
Old 03-05-2019, 09:25 AM   #1194 (permalink)
today

Member # 225557
nice toy man

engine rebuild or get used engine and swap it ?

fredycruger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2019, 09:32 AM   #1195 (permalink)
NERD

Member # 25303
More pics from KOH, some of my favorites. Uploaded them to Imgur so they're high resolution...

https://i.imgur.com/airFOLR.png

https://i.imgur.com/4t7H702.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/nEC3dn2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/fjiiCYv.jpg

Porsche

Fab Parts:

PNW Shock Tuning:

Last edited by gtxracer; 03-05-2019 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:50 AM   #1196 (permalink)
NERD

Member # 25303
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredycruger View Post
nice toy man

engine rebuild or get used engine and swap it ?
LS Swap

Looking at LS2 or LS3 with a 996 limited slip 6 speed transaxle swap at the same time.

Porsche

Fab Parts:

PNW Shock Tuning:
Old 03-05-2019, 12:50 PM   #1197 (permalink)
today

Member # 225557
cool deal man

fredycruger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2019, 12:54 PM   #1198 (permalink)
NERD

Member # 25303
Nabbed a brand new TJ dash for $50 at the swap meet I'll swap this in soon. Still finishing up my other mods, side business and Porsche project has been in the way.

Selling my Genright twisted pitman arm and my stash of 9" VisionX lights if anyone is interested.

https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/misc...-arm-tool.html

https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/misc...l#post44356580

Porsche

Fab Parts:

PNW Shock Tuning:
Old 03-11-2019, 08:13 PM   #1199 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 236179
Forget the Jeep Are you LSing the Porsche?
Old 03-12-2019, 09:36 AM   #1200 (permalink)
NERD

Member # 25303
Quote:
Forget the Jeep Are you LSing the Porsche?
YES!

I have already bought a 6 speed transaxle with limited slip and placed the order for the LS to 996 adapter, flywheel, clutch, and pilot bearing. Yesterday I found axle shafts and CVs, clutch pedal with master cylinder, manual shifter mechanism, and shift cables on eBay. Hoping to find a few more pieces in the next couple days but really need hydraulic lines as they're P-car specific.

Y'all want a build thread for the Porsche to LS swap in GCC?

Porsche

Fab Parts:

PNW Shock Tuning:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in