Free Stuff for the best 5 answers!!! Ends 12/22 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Hardcore Tech
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2017, 11:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 677449
Send a message via Skype™ to X-DIFF
Free Stuff for the best 5 answers!!! Ends 12/22

Hey Guys,

My name is Eric and i'm with X-DIFF Gear and Axle, previously to working here I had no ideal how seriously addictive this off-road lifestyle could be. Since i'm totally hooked now I've been looking into purchasing a Jeep because most people say they are the best. A few folks have told me to go ford but my company is a master dealer of Crown auto so I have great pricing on all the
Jeep parts ill need. Ok so here is my question:

Throughout your entire time owning a Jeep, what situation made you the happiest that you chose Jeep over others?

Only Detailed answers will be considered, Free stuff includes: hats, T-shirts, stickers, flashlights, bottle openers, magnets, key chains etc.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
---
---

X-DIFF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2017, 01:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 208624
When I pulled all the Jeep crap out of my YJ and all the FORD stuff basically bolted right in.

351w...fits great!
T-18...like it was meant to be!
'79 HP D60....darn near bolts right up!

Jeeps are easily adaptable, easy to work on (early ones anyway) and the square nature of the tub and body make repair simple and body armor straightforward, and the removable top makes cage work a breeze and summer rides breezy.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2017, 02:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 131502
They have great aftermarket support and parts are everywhere. You can get a V8 with a strait front axle.
Frozen ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2017, 02:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 81049
I have been stuck up against a tree where my usual option was ruin piller and window, unless you can lower both onto the hood and not ruin either. Was pretty happy to be in my jeep that day.
onebadonefifty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2017, 04:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 304297
A Jeep is the only street legal, fully capable off-road vehicle, that is just small enough to fit on our trail network here. For me, it's the only choice, do to size constraints. Full size rigs don't fit on all the cool trails and I didn't want to be stuck with a Razor, or something similar, that only has one use.

Tipped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2017, 08:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Roo skin seat covers

Member # 342298
In Australia 99.9999999999% of the 4x4's are Jap

Which means 99.99999999% are slow off the mark

We had about 26 rigs on a trip I ran once. There was this dune

We had a race up it.

My WJ 4.7 Powertec roosted them all. Easy

Stoked that day
Old 12-15-2017, 09:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 673218
Throughout all my years of owning jeeps the happiest situation i was ever in was when i was wheeling. My jeeps been down for the better part of a year and some change and it sucks. The more you get into the project the more you modify it and "Make it better" and eventually you get to the point where you put 1 tons and a custom suspension on it. You throw thousands of dollars in parts at it and it takes three years to finish it... If you finish it.

The happiest i've been is when im driving it down the trails. Regardless if the AMC20, dana 30 or dana35 are weak and have low gear. Still beats it sitting in the garage collecting dust.
Mighty Mats is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2017, 11:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 193971
I LOVE JEEPS!!!!

P.S. What's up with those giant TrailGear stickers?

Last edited by pitbullcruiser; 12-15-2017 at 11:36 PM.
pitbullcruiser is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2017, 12:56 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 79509
I chose Jeep over others for the resale. They have a retarded cult following. I was able to flip CJ/YJ/TJ with little effort.

No was in hell I'd actually keep one for myself
Old 12-16-2017, 01:15 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 151321
When i bought a basic bitch 4dr jk with rough country short arm lift kit, 37" toyo mud terrains, rockstar wheels, high lift jack mounted on the hood, 50" curved light bar mounted above the windshield, kc daylighter on the windshield post on each side(dont forget the smiley face light covers), mean face aftermarket grill, rock sliders, "rubi" stickers on the hood cuz thats her name, borla muffler with dual exhaust pipes under the bumper, warn powerpak winch, 5ft boner bar front bumper, rock sliders, honor student sticker on rear bumper, and my little stick figure family sticker on the backglass. All dealer installed so i still have my factory warranty!

Sleezy steve hooked me right up at my local jeep dealer. 180 easy monthly payments of $699.95.

Oh btw my local jeep club meets on the 5th of every month, 4th light post down right next to the planter with the shrubs with the curb surround that kevin flexed his jk out on last april meet (check out my facebook page for the pics!) from the main entrance to sears at the local mall. We'd love to have you join us, last month we installed bobs newest addition to his stick figure family!

Last edited by rennat_2006; 12-16-2017 at 01:24 AM.
rennat_2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2017, 06:54 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 216158
Having it in pieces, with boxes of parts made me the happiest. When I bought the XJ the PO stuffed tons of parts, OBA, lockers, exhaust, gauges, wheels, etc in the back. The only room in it was where I sat to drive it. I drove it 250 miles back home with just a straight pipe off the header, and stopped many times to fix things to get it there. It was a great start to a project.
zr2toxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2017, 09:21 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 19005
Iíve had 4 Jeeps over the years, XJ, two ZJíS, and a YJ. Each went through various stages from bolt onís with 32ís to buggy with all the good stuff. Out of all the rigs my second ZJ and YJ tie for favorites. The ZJ was on full widths and custom suspension. It could carry the any and every thing I needed for a fun weekend. The YJ gave me that real ďJeepĒ feeling with no doors or windshield. Eventually I cut the back half off and extended it to fit two kids in car seats and have additional storage.

I canít say that I have any one favorite memory Jeeping because the bestemories always occurs at the campsite my Jeep gets me to. 2-3 days with friends and family away from the rest of the world is what I enjoy the most about 4wheeling. Nothing better than floating in buck island lake or at the springs on the Rubicon.
IV WHLN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2017, 07:10 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 187666
I've owned quite a few jeeps over the last 15 years, and I have to say that they all share the same happy jeep moment. Jeeps are the most customizable vehicle on the road, which lends itself to the owner making it exactly what they want. The best part is after a successful upgrade....bumper, sliders, cage, winch, whatever you choose, when you park it, and hop out of the door, while walking away, you turn and stare at it, enjoying your vision and your accomplishment.

So yeah, make it yours and enjoy it.
lurch9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2017, 08:54 AM   #14 (permalink)
Mr. Lucky

Member # 84122
Skip all the bullshit, buy a tow rig and a built rig. DONE. You will save money in the long run. You do not have to start with and expensive set up. 6K to 8K for a tow rig and 6K to 8K built rig.

Alternatively, finance a 40K jeep and charge 15K on credit card making trail worthy.

Keep your free shit, just send me a check.

Last edited by Goldie Locks; 12-17-2017 at 09:09 AM.
Goldie Locks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2017, 11:07 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 51670
Where's the hardcore tech in all of this?
ElkyRacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2017, 12:37 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 216542
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkyRacer View Post

This!
Ringer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2017, 08:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 136221
More than 5 reasons .........
#1 Because if I didn't drive a jeep I wouldn't have a license, low gears=no speeding tickets
Because chicks dig em !
Because Jeep's helped win WW2
Because you can put any engine tranny transfer case axle combo you want
Because you don't need doors or windshield
Because its not about how fast you can go its about where you can go
Because a jeep follows the KISS principal, keep it stupid simple
Because jeep is the original suv 4x4 that started recreational 4 wheeling
Because jeep is american
Because I could build a jeep from a catalogue
Because the wife and kids love my jeep like a family member
Because its a convertible
Because of the camaraderie amongst fellow jeep owners
Because jeeps are just cool
Because it's a good vehicle for winter and summer
Because it's not just transportation it's a really cool toy
Because I need my jeep to winch all the Toyotas out of the way

JEEP=just enough essential parts

Last edited by BobCat5.0; 12-18-2017 at 08:00 PM.
BobCat5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2017, 11:09 AM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 677449
Quote:
Maybe you should add the hardcore tech answers Sir!

---
---

Old 12-18-2017, 12:07 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 208624
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringer View Post
This!
Doood, it's a vendor giveaway....that IS hardcore! NOBODY does that anymore!
Old 12-18-2017, 02:07 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 117969
Whats better than having the top and doors off while wind is blowing up your leg.

If your girl is riding shotgun, she'll enjoy the cool air too

and it's easy to go from mild to extreme with a Jeep with all the support out there.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:45 PM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 54589
you can do an amazing YJ garage build as a father/son project with teenage boys, that hangs with big money JKU's all day long for less than 5 grand and it looks like this in the end.
CAPTSOLO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2017, 01:55 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 677449
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTSOLO View Post
you can do an amazing YJ garage build as a father/son project with teenage boys, that hangs with big money JKU's all day long for less than 5 grand and it looks like this in the end.
She's a beauty!!!

---
---

Old 12-21-2017, 07:27 PM   #23 (permalink)
CSP

Member # 1533
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-DIFF View Post
my company is a master dealer of Crown auto so I have great pricing on all the Jeep parts ill need.
I'm not sure that I'd consider that a positive.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2017, 02:09 AM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 343466
The best moments of my owning my jeep was spending all my time and money working on it, which basically ran off my girlfriend of 5 years. She got severely depressed and started spending all kinds of money she didn't have. I'm assuming drugs, but i could never prove it. She ended up leaving me for a 19 year old boy, who eventually knocked her up after we had split. Before she left, she tried making some false charges against me for domestic violence in an attempt to get money out of me and petty revenge. I was diagnosed with severe depression and spent months going to therapy and taking anti depressants. Now I'm single, unemployed, broke, and my Jeep is still torn apart in the garage.

I could really use any free shirts you're giving away, because I'm too broke to buy any for myself.
wvjeepguy81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2017, 10:22 AM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 807593
Had a CJ 5 when my kids were little, nothing like going for a drive all over Amador County with them under the bikini top and having them laughing and enjoying life.
Sadly had to sell that bundle of fun, now my little boy is turning 30 and we are talking about doing a flat fender build as a father/son project.
He's been a rock crawling goof since those days....
UncleBubba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in